Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting over...

* BG is in 20s or 30s with a young look
* Full head of thick hair
* Pointy chin
* Hooded eyes
* Walks with hands in pocket
* Seems familiar with walking across the bridge
* Parked car at abandoned building near the trail sometime between 12-5pm the day the girls were murdered
* A witness has provided info (but we don't know if this is a "new" witness or a new direction on "old" info
* BG as local ties, possibly lives in Delphi or has reason to visit
* Seems to have some religious (Christian) affiliation
* Something about the crime has some sort of connection to The Shack movie and/or book
* Press conference announced before Easter weekend and held the day after Easter
* Carter expressed sadness and anger. Said he thinks of the girls and always will.
* Carter referred to Libby and Abby as "little girls"
* Carter said LE likely has interviewed BG and/or someone in his family
* Carter mentioned that this is all about power for BG
* Carter suggests that BG didn't want the investigation to change direction, but it has. Emphasized this.
* Carter said that the way the girls were left is not how they are now.

So...if you were reading this with fresh eyes, what would you think?

jmo

edited to correct timeframe for car parked at abandoned bldg.
Reading this, I’d say knowing where to park and walking across the bridge with ease is what makes them believe he is or was a local.

Have they got new technology that was better able to see what BG actually looks like and found it matches the April22 sketch done earlier? I can't shake that this could have been the person that the father saw in the park. If that person was not identified than I am sure they did a sketch. Was it dismissed because of the time frame. Did BG stash the girls somewhere, a shack maybe? Is there an official picture of the April 22 sketch indicating hair color or eye color?

MOO
At the PC, SI Carter might have been addressing friends or family of BG with threats anger and moral appeal.
People that may have a inkling their friend/relative is capable, and sometimes wonder.
I don't think anything moves BG at all except thinking how great and smart he is.

I don't know The Shack reference, but it is relevant. In my opinion they 100000% know the exact person. In my opinion that sketch is very, very good. Somebody looks just like that. I think the PC will make a lot of sense when he is caught.
That may be true, time will tell. IMO though, in other cases, we all of a sudden have "there's been an arrest" when the perp is known. They don't typically have a huge press conference without naming the perp. Say like in the Charlottesville VA case with Matthews, they knew he was on video last seen with Hannah Graham, but they didn't know where he was. So they announced they were looking for him, and he was noticed in TX! So IMO if LE knew who the perp is, they would either arrest him, or announce they are looking for him. Neither of those things happened, which leaves me to believe they have gone back to square one, looking over all tips and all evidence, and trying to solve the case based on a different theory than they originally had.

Last edited:
Curious what others think...why do you think they said give the family 2 weeks before reaching out? I understand saying give them time/show respect. Do y’all think the 2 week timeframe is significant?

I found that oddly specific too. Was hoping they feel an arrest is coming within that time frame, but I don’t know what to think about this case anymore!

Curious what others think...why do you think they said give the family 2 weeks before reaching out? I understand saying give them time/show respect. Do y’all think the 2 week timeframe is significant?
I have wondered this exact thing. Why specify 2 weeks? If nothing happens after 2 weeks, what then? Some egg on LEs face? If nothing happens after 2 weeks I will be especially heart broken (yet again) for these families. That would be more than cruel.

Have they got new technology that was better able to see what BG actually looks like and found it matches the April22 sketch done earlier? I can't shake that this could have been the person that the father saw in the park. If that person was not identified than I am sure they did a sketch. Was it dismissed because of the time frame. Did BG stash the girls somewhere, a shack maybe? Is there an official picture of the April 22 sketch indicating hair color or eye color?

It has been stated in the past by the investigators that the FBI and even NASA have been involved in trying to make the images sharper.

Are there any other unsolved murders in Carroll County or the surrounding counties of females? I couldn't really find anything. Does anyone know what the closest similar cold cases in the state are?
I think the four girls who died in the Flora fire is still unsolved....don't think that was classified as murder though, just arson...

Maybe this technology was utilized?
Would not be surprised if the perp has started wearing glasses, imo.

Facial Recognition Could Help Identity People When They Are Disguised | Digital Trends
facial-recognition-4-720x720.jpg

"Engineers at India’s National Institute of Technology and Institute of Science and the U.K.’s University of Cambridge have developed a facial recognition framework that can identify even people who actively obscure their faces.
“This system can be used to identify a person even if they are disguised,” Amarjot Singh, from the University of Cambridge, told Digital Trends. “This can be used to identify criminals trying to disguise their appearance to avoid law enforcement. The problem of Disguise Face Identification (DFI) is an extremely challenging and interesting problem that is of great interest to law enforcement — as they can use this technology to identify criminals.”

The deep learning-based system works by identifying 14 key areas of the face, including 10 for the eyes, three for the lips, and one for the nose. It is capable of estimating these even when they are obscured in some way. It then compares these readings to images to find a match. In early tests, the results were 56 percent accurate at finding the right person when their face was covered with a hat or scarf — although this dropped to 43 percent when they also wear glasses. Those figures are not going to be considered evidence in a court of law anytime soon, but they could certainly help police narrow down a search."

These criminals change their appearance, from the day when murders take place, so as not to be recognized.
At a trial occurring at present (Gill Packham), the accused during car and body disposal, did not wear glasses.
In Court, now the accused is wearing glasses, without his cap, having lost weight.
Luckily the witness was able to identify the accused as being the one, at car disposal.:)
MOO.

I think it is, like others do. He didn't say a few days, a week or so, a couple of weeks or so (again, very normal Indiana terms of speech IMO). 2 weeks. Very specific.

What significance do you think there is with this horrendous tragedy happening the day before Valentine’s Day? Do you think he had recently split up with his girlfriend or he was mad at being single and rejected by women?

I have not been back here since early last night. The news release today that we should no longer consider the previous sketch has me SO angry. I am not sure how much more of this I can read or learn about.

I compare this case in so many ways to the Angie Housman murder in our area from 1993. I think the big problem then is the same problem we see here.....there were too many LE agencies involved too soon. Too many people with different philosophies competing and too many egos. I hope I am wrong but I think this has been a big part of the problem since the beginning.

I can only pray that familial dna is going to help in both these cases because I can tell you this much, I gave up on LE solving either a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151