Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carried over from the end of #91.

I have read a few posts in here recently where some are starting to think family member of family connected. I had never pondered much on this theory until now. I will say this while stomping my foot. IMO and IF the suspect is a family member or family connected then these questions MAY have an answer.

1. Does LE have DNA - Yes, but IMO only DNA that belongs to family or close friends of family that would frequent Libby's home. Also Remember, Abby spent the night at Libby's just the night before. So all DNA established at the crime scene is understandable DNA no distinctive DNA exists.

2. Why hasn't familial DNA testing been completed? Refer to #1.

3. Why hasn't a Parabon sketch been conducted? Refer to #1 and they don't need one, they have all the faces of DNA found on hand.

4. Why was the families not informed of the press conference content until the morning of? IMO things are closer to home than appeared 2 years ago. IF LE is considering the possibility of a family member, the families will be the last to know.

5. IF the decision to go to the bridge at last minute as BP states who else was within ear shot of that conversation or the phone call to Libby's Dad to be picked up? Hmmmm. IMO Family member or someone very close to the family that would naturally have DNA on one or both of the girls.

6. Has the witness of 2 years ago that gave the description to the artist that drew this latest sketch do a photo lineup of all donors of DNA at the crime scene and make a possible ID? IMO we may never know but even if the witness did do an ID it's not enough to convict, is it?

7. Was either or both of the girls sexually assaulted? We don't know. I am starting to believe that someone's DNA would be a lot more questionable than the rest even if a family member, as in a serious red flag.

Please feel free to inform me if I am out in left field on this but this has potential IMO.

I do believe it is a person that is "a very close person to the victims family" and that that person knew Libby & Abby were on the trail that afternoon.

Question for those who think LE knows who BG is.

If they have enough evidence to firmly believe who he is, why not arrest and charge him with murder? Why hold a press conference?

Help me understand your thinking. To me, the presser was basically stating a profile of who BG could be and starting over from scratch. “Just getting started”.

I’m completely dumbfounded as to why the sudden switch to a completely different sketch. They said the two sketches were not the same person.
My thinking is they know who did it. They now need enough irrefutable evidence to arrest and convict this guy. It’s extremely important they have every minute detail because they only get one shot at him. We’ve seen slam dunk cases before that failed to get a conviction and the killer walked free. CA & OJ are the biggies. Moo

In the previous thread, @JillR asked for others perspective onthe new sketch’s most prominent feature. I answered the wide/long forehead and jowls but something about his hairline looks odd and I keep going back to the new sketch to look at it. It almost looks like he was drawn to be wearing a hairnet could be why the hair texture looks wavy and it could be flattened down. This is just speculation and talking outloud ; the hair just looks as if it is a perfect outline.

Question for those who think LE knows who BG is.

If they have enough evidence to firmly believe who he is, why not arrest and charge him with murder? Why hold a press conference?

Help me understand your thinking. To me, the presser was basically stating a profile of who BG could be and starting over from scratch. “Just getting started”.

I’m completely dumbfounded as to why the sudden switch to a completely different sketch. They said the two sketches were not the same person.

LE may believe they know who he is but not enough to convict. LE may want people around or close to him to rethink that day, something a person didn't think was important before may now give a second thought. A person close to the perp may have had suspicion but couldn't actually come forward for fear of being wrong. Or, someone related may offer up their DNA. Just a few thoughts of mine.

I fully understand that the first sketch is out... no longer the likeness of the person they are looking for.

The newest sketch (released Easter Monday) reflects their POI. However, to me, the video more closely resembles the first sketch. To rectify this in my mind, he must be wearing a disguise in the video. To me that’s a given. I’m mentioning this because it could explain some of the comments Carter made regarding the change in direction, the POI holding power, and also some of Carter’s anger. Could LE be feeling duped? Carter may have been sending this message to the POI... that they are on to him now after 2 years. Two years... where the POI held power over the investigation due to the disguise.

I think something is up with the transition to the new sketch and the development today the one we have studied for so long isn’t just secondary, but to be discarded. There has to be something new, and important, to cause that.

I started thinking...I think we've assumed the killer is intelligent and planned all this out. What if we've been wrong?

Could it possibly be someone that stumbled upon the girls, lost control? Someone that looks normal until you interact with him and realize he's different could have planned this too. Sometimes people are smart in a different way.

Someone whose life does possibly revolve around religion or a not so smart murderer who's always been in trouble? Someone who regularly stays in the shadows and is familar with the property around the bridge just because that's where he likes to go?

Sometimes criminals get lucky (as far as getting away undetected) and their loved ones will go to any length to protect them.

Just thinking outside the box without knowledge of how the girls died, physical evidence or how they were left behind... I think my brain is short-circuiting...
MHOO JMO IMHOO

If LE knew who this guy was, there would not have been a PC at all, imo. They would either be hauling him in, putting out an APB if they could not find him, or grilling his relatives. This case has been stalled for over two years. Two children were murdered. Not the time for cryptic statements if they know their suspect.
Jmo

In the previous thread, @JillR asked for others perspective onthe new sketch’s most prominent feature. I answered the wide/long forehead and jowls but something about his hairline looks odd and I keep going back to the new sketch to look at it. It almost looks like he was drawn to be wearing a hairnet could be why the hair texture looks wavy and it could be flattened down. This is just speculation and talking outloud ; the hair just looks as if it is a perfect outline.

THE MOUTH...LIPS

I started thinking...I think we've assumed the killer is intelligent and planned all this out. What if we've been wrong?

Could it possibly be someone that stumbled upon the girls, lost control? Someone that looks normal until you interact with him and realize he's different could have planned this too. Sometimes people are smart in a different way.

Someone whose life does possibly revolve around religion or a not so smart murderer who's always been in trouble? Someone who regularly stays in the shadows and is familar with the property around the bridge just because that's where he likes to go?

Sometimes criminals get lucky (as far as getting away undetected) and their loved ones will go to any length to protect them.

Just thinking outside the box without knowledge of how the girls died, physical evidence or how they were left behind... I think my brain is short-circuiting...
MHOO JMO IMHOO

I’m not thinking planned at all...just came across the girls, maybe had words with them...and lost his temper. Would have to be a loose cannon but not necessarily known to be one. Jmo some towns have so many oddballs he might not even stand out as one.

I copied this post written by @PaulaDC from previous thread (#91) because what she suggests would definitely clear up confusion!!

The public needs to be told by the authorities that the old sketch is BG heavily disguised! The new sketch is BG without the concealment of hat/hoodie/oversized coat, etc.

Thank you for your post, @PaulaDC! Greatly appreciated!!

PaulaDC, 24 minutes ago wrote:

"They're making it confusing for so many. I understand they want us to look at picture number 2 as that is the way he appears. But why don't they just say he was disguised in picture number 1. Are they saying it isn't the same person whatsoever and if that was the case why did person number 1 not turn himself in to prove that?"

Someone asked earlier if there were anymore ideas/thoughts on the car. If BG “borrowed” a car during this time frame, who’s car is it?

Is it part of a fleet of cars?
A delivery car (florist or pizza or or similar-many of these are unmarked basic cars)
A municipal car?
A rental car?
A church vehicle/car?
A family car (“grandma can I borrow your car for a few hours”-or “to whomever, I’ll
drop you at your appt or whatever and come back and get you....all the while BG is using this car)
A car borrowed from a car dealership? (sometimes loaned out while a customer car is being repaired)
A car dropped off at a garage for repair for a few days?
A car that doesn’t need to be “signed in or out” or necessarily “tracked”.
A car that wouldn’t be “questioned” if taken for several hours.
A car that is used for company business?

Just some thoughts...all MOO

What makes you believe this?[/Q
NOT BAITING....... Not sleuthing family...........someone who has been "out of town" and seems to have an opportunity with knowledge to have perhaps been there????

I think something is up with the transition to the new sketch and the development today the one we have studied for so long isn’t just secondary, but to be discarded. There has to be something new, and important, to cause that.
I totally agree.

To completely change the image of the person you are looking for, is a very big deal.

If you’re going to do this, you have to be supremely confident that you are right.

It brings a lot of heat on you from the public, as more than two years have been spent looking for a guy who doesn’t resemble the sketch you have put out.

Not an easy decision, unless something has changed.

Someone asked earlier if there were anymore ideas/thoughts on the car. If BG “borrowed” a car during this time frame, who’s car is it?

A delivery car (florist or pizza or or similar-many of these are unmarked basic cars)
A municipal car?
A rental car?
A church vehicle/car?
A family car (“grandma can I borrow your car for a few hours”-or “to whomever, I’ll
drop you at your appt or whatever and come back and get you....all the while BG is using this car)
A car borrowed from a car dealership? (sometimes loaned out while a customer car is being repaired)

Perhaps a "family car"

A municipal car?
A rental car?
A church vehicle/car?

It's two years two late to ask these questions. Yes someone might remember because of the significance of that date in a small town, but I can't remember what I had for breakfast let alone a car two years ago. This is absurd in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07