Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree.

To completely change the image of the person you are looking for, is a very big deal.

If you’re going to do this, you have to be supremely confident that you are right.

It brings a lot of heat on you from the public, as more than two years have been spent looking for a guy who doesn’t resemble the sketch you have put out.

Not an easy decision, unless something has changed.

I think they may have received a tip on a specific individual who looks more like this sketch than the one that they originally released....MOO

If LE knew who this guy was, there would not have been a PC at all, imo. They would either be hauling him in, putting out an APB if they could not find him, or grilling his relatives. This case has been stalled for over two years. Two children were murdered. Not the time for cryptic statements if they know their suspect.
Jmo

I agree 100 percent. On the other hand, there is so much pressure to solve this. There has to be a new tactic, and there are witnesses (not sure how many) and maybe there weren’t that many guys dressed like BG on the bridge that day (like there appear to be across the country).

This new lead may make more sense to those with credentials to understand who did actually see BG and get a fairly good description. Don’t know and IMO, but trying to narrow down the priority of the new sketch.

Question for those who think LE knows who BG is.

If they have enough evidence to firmly believe who he is, why not arrest and charge him with murder? Why hold a press conference?

Help me understand your thinking. To me, the presser was basically stating a profile of who BG could be and starting over from scratch. “Just getting started”.

I’m completely dumbfounded as to why the sudden switch to a completely different sketch. They said the two sketches were not the same person.
My best guess would be “if” they have a true suspect that they lack the evidence to get a conviction; they’ll only get one shot at going to trial and they have to get it right - that’s my opinion.

In the previous thread, @JillR asked for others perspective on the new sketch’s most prominent feature(s). I answered the wide/long forehead and jowls but something about his hairline just looks so odd and I keep going back to the sketch to look at it. It almost looks like he was drawn to be wearing a disposable hairnet and if true, could be why his hair texture looks wavy. A hairnet could flatten the hair to the head or also create a bumpy or curly effect. This is just speculation on my part and me talking out loud; his hairline just looks as if it is a perfect outline border.

It's two years two late to ask these questions. Yes someone might remember because of the significance of that date in a small town, but I can't remember what I had for breakfast let alone a car two years ago. This is absurd in my opinion.

Not far at all......................

It's two years two late to ask these questions. Yes someone might remember because of the significance of that date in a small town, but I can't remember what I had for breakfast let alone a car two years ago. This is absurd in my opinion.

I think that people are reading too much into the statement about the vehicle. I think it was a message specifically aimed at BG and those around him MOO

Perhaps an anon’ tip was called in, leaving vague info about the car. Now LE hopes the tipster reaches out again.
Obviously they know of the car, so my post seems to make no sense, but you know what I mean, I think.

Agreed that it’s two years later. And agree that I can’t remember things myself from a week ago however, LE did bring up the car. So, adding some thoughts here which can lead to viewing things at a different angle.

During the press conference, the original sketch was considered "secondary".

So did a new tip arise out of that press conference to now determine that original sketch guy is no longer a POI?

Or did the police already know during the press conference that they would later announce he was no longer a POI in today's statement?

I am leaning towards the latter.
I don't think the police had the heart to say they got the sketch wrong during the press conference. Maybe they couldn't handle saying it on camera in front of an audience?

They couldn't even say the new sketch was drawn on Feb 17, 2017 in that press conference.

I think he was telling that there’s a book called The Shack, too. The movie is based off a book from 2007.

I think it was along these lines: "I recently watched a movie called The Shack (there's also a book) that talks so well about evil, about death and about eternity. To the murderer, I believe you have a little bit of conscious left."
The reference to the movie/book makes no sense to me. It’s a statement with no statement. It’s like saying, “I watched a movie called Bill & Ted that talks so well about surfing and tacos. To the murderer, I believe you have a little bit of cheese left”. I don’t get it! Lol

Was the CDS building a welfare building at the time? Was it just that? Other offices?
And why was it demolished and by hat authority?

Wow, what a clever thought.:):):)
BG may have borrowed this book, and Doug Carter is informing BG of this point.
MOO.
It’s not a simple thing for even LE to get library borrowing records. In fact, most libraries do not keep track of a borrower’s book history unless specifically requested by the borrower. The default is generally “no history” in the computer system because libraries in the US do not want to have to be in the position where we are forced to turn it over.

So, this sketch of the murderer (BG) released on Monday 4/22/19 was actually drawn 2 days after Abby+Libby's murders (which would be drawn on 2/15/17, as the deaths were 2/13/17). But was not released to the public until now, 2 years & 2 mos later.

1. Why was this sketch just now released? Why not long ago?

2. Are we supposed to forget/ disregard the sketch we've been looking at for 2+ years? Is this person a Non-person? Witness? Fable?

Help! I joined WS on 2/22/17 for these two precious little girls. Can anyone set me straight on 1&2? Thanks eversomuch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects