Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote from the article:

'Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said the portrait was drawn by an FBI sketch artist and was based on "recent information" from a witness who saw the suspect about the time of German and Williams' deaths.'

I am frustrated. Didn't the sketch artist say he drew the sketch in 2017? I wonder why he would say that if it isn't true.

Long-time lurker, first time commenter. I hereby affirm that the following statements are MOO.

I firmly believe the killer was someone the girls met online. Perhaps that trail was their prearranged meeting place, unbeknownst to the family member who dropped them off. When the girls realized he wasn't who he presented himself to be online, they tried to separate themselves from him but he arrived there with other plans and their fate was sealed. Evidence was recovered from Libby's phone, so we can assume it was accessible. But what about Abby's phone? What if her phone contains vital clues and conversations leading up to that meeting? If it's an iPhone with an unknown passcode, even the FBI wouldn't be able to unlock it.

Apple vs FBI: All you need to know

I only speak on this point because of similar things my friends and I did when we were young and naive 14 years ago as MySpace and "online profiles" became popular. Luckily we always met these "online friends" at the mall or other public places, but our parents had no idea what we were really up to when they were dropping us off. It makes my skin crawl to think about how trusting we were of complete strangers we "knew" from an online profile.
---
Regarding "The Shack", I believe that's tied to a false alibi given to LE early on. "Can you account for ________'s whereabouts on the afternoon of the 13th?"... "Yes, he was at home with me"... "What did the two of you do that day?"... "We watched a movie"... "What movie?"... "'The Shack'". Perhaps LE is looking at the person who provided that alibi and saying, "You're full of $h!t and we know it. Come up off it."

The foregoing statements are MOO.

I now understand why the families were upset and angry.
On Monday, LE introduces a new sketch. Downgrades the old sketch to “secondary”. Implies they are of the same guy but specifically points to the new sketch as the killer. No ifs, no ands, no buts. Later, the sketch artist tells us the new sketch is actually old...done on 2/17/17 from a witness reporting something they thought needed reporting.
On Wednesday, LE tells us to forget that old sketch, the one we have all seared in our brains for almost two years. The new sketch is of BG who is the killer. It looks more like the killer on the bridge(how do they know, how can they tell?) It was derived from new information(from 2017?).
Insane. This is not good.
Wave goodbye to the credibility train as it heads down the track leaving Delphi.

Possibly time to create a special task force, I think the Sheriff is the wrong guy for this job.

New eyes clean slate.

Who do you suggest make up this "special task force"? They already have CC sheriffs dept, ISP, FBI. There are multiple agencies working on this case from day one. The best and the brightest of LE, This ain't some Mayberry investigation

Long-time lurker, first time commenter. I hereby affirm that the following statements are MOO.

I firmly believe the killer was someone the girls met online. Perhaps that trail was their prearranged meeting place, unbeknownst to the family member who dropped them off. When the girls realized he wasn't who he presented himself to be online, they tried to separate themselves from him but he arrived there with other plans and their fate was sealed. Evidence was recovered from Libby's phone, so we can assume it was accessible. But what about Abby's phone? What if her phone contains vital clues and conversations leading up to that meeting? If it's an iPhone with an unknown passcode, even the FBI wouldn't be able to unlock it.

I only speak on this point because of similar things my friends and I did when we were young and naive 14 years ago as MySpace and "online profiles" became popular. Luckily we always met these "online friends" at the mall or other public places, but our parents had no idea what we were really up to when they were dropping us off. It makes my skin crawl to think about how trusting we were of complete strangers we "knew" from an online profile.
---
Regarding "The Shack", I believe that's tied to a false alibi given to LE early on. "Can you account for ________'s whereabouts on the afternoon of the 13th?"... "Yes, he was at home with me"... "What did the two of you do that day?"... "We watched a movie"... "What movie?"... "'The Shack'". Perhaps LE is looking at the person who provided that alibi and saying, "You're full of $h!t and we know it. Come up off it."

Abby didn't have a phone.

---

I also believe they were expecting someone else to meet them and that's why Libby began videotaping him when she realized they had been misled.

I now understand why the families were upset and angry.
On Monday, LE introduces a new sketch. Downgrades the old sketch to “secondary”. Implies they are of the same guy but specifically points to the new sketch as the killer. No ifs, no ands, no buts. Later, the sketch artist tells us the new sketch is actually old...done on 2/17/17 from a witness reporting something they thought needed reporting.
On Wednesday, LE tells us to forget that old sketch, the one we have all seared in our brains for almost two years. The new sketch is of BG who is the killer. It looks more like the killer on the bridge(how do they know, how can they tell?) It was derived from new information(from 2017?).
Insane. This is not good.
Wave goodbye to the credibility train as it heads down the track leaving Delphi.

BBM Exactly!!!
What other theories/options could there be for this happening?

It was true, as far as we know. We just don't know why it took two years for it to be released.
Speculation/Opinion: maybe the first BG sketch was sourced from a witness believed to be at the time most credible, and recently their credibility has come under question resulting in release of the second sketch based on a different witness who originally wasn’t thought to be as credible as the other. Could even be more creepy if the witness for first sketch intentionally mislead LE... at this point only LE knows the back story. Keep the faith that this will be solved soon.

I just wanted to quickly clarify that a therapist would generally not be able to provide info regarding a case of this nature without a release of information from the client/suspect themselves. Duty to warn only applies to future acts, not to criminal behavior that happened in the past. That said, because the crime involved children, I think there could be a solid argument that confidentiality should be waived because child abuse occurred...even though the victims, who one is generally seeking to protect, are tragically deceased. It’s a tricky ethical area.

True, unless the therapist had reason to believe future victims are at risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member