Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding "The Shack", I believe that's tied to a false alibi given to LE early on. "Can you account for ________'s whereabouts on the afternoon of the 13th?"... "Yes, he was at home with me"... "What did the two of you do that day?"... "We watched a movie"... "What movie?"... "'The Shack'". Perhaps LE is looking at the person who provided that alibi and saying, "You're full of $h!t and we know it. Come up off it."

I would love to hear this is the alibi because the movie was not released until March of that year.

Cartini - interesting thought about the movie being the alibi. Posters here have written that the movie came out a month after the murders. Seems that alibi would have been easy to check. Maybe this was the information that was there all along, but a light bulb went off in someone's head most recently. Good thought.

I now understand why the families were upset and angry.
On Monday, LE introduces a new sketch. Downgrades the old sketch to “secondary”. Implies they are of the same guy but specifically points to the new sketch as the killer. No ifs, no ands, no buts. Later, the sketch artist tells us the new sketch is actually old...done on 2/17/17 from a witness reporting something they thought needed reporting.
On Wednesday, LE tells us to forget that old sketch, the one we have all seared in our brains for almost two years. The new sketch is of BG who is the killer. It looks more like the killer on the bridge(how do they know, how can they tell?) It was derived from new information(from 2017?).
Insane. This is not good.
Wave goodbye to the credibility train as it heads down the track leaving Delphi.

I believe the case is solved. Soon revealed. Thanks to LE. We certainly do not know all of the details and facts.

Who decided to disregard the sketch two years ago, I wonder...
This bears repeating. Often times more than one sketch is released. WHY was only one sketch released? WHO was certain the previously released sketch was more accurate? WHY were they so certain? WHY was the second sketch COMPLETELY disregarded until now?

Last edited:
My opinion atm, and sorry to sound like Debbie Downer, is that they’re not any closer to catching BG. Moo. I hope I’m wrong. This PC seemed like a step back and not a step forward. Again I could be totally totally wrong. I’m not one to usually be Negative Nellie. In fact I can’t recall ever making such a statement.

Cartini - interesting thought about the movie being the alibi. Posters here have written that the movie came out a month after the murders. Seems that alibi would have been easy to check. Maybe this was the information that was there all along, but a light bulb went off in someone's head most recently. Good thought.

Wasn't aware of that, but still feel like the mention of it was a way of speaking directly to one specific person. That's all I was getting at :)

I am frustrated. Didn't the sketch artist say he drew the sketch in 2017? I wonder why he would say that if it isn't true.

A common occurrence noted in the past is media reporters directly reporting on a case will publish a story and then it gets fanned out by other reporters who write their own story based on existing media reports but in doing so, change a few words here and there to put their own spin on things.

I don’t know if that explains the discrepancy but it might.

Sorry if I am way late to this, but I am so frustrated and confused. When I first heard the update, I assumed the sketch was recent and that they probably knew who the BG was, but didn't have enough evidence without corroboration from witnesses... now I'm reading that the sketch is from right after the murder?? For me, that throws the whole "they know who it is" thing out the window. I can't imagine what the families must be feeling right now.

I agree. I really don’t think they know specifically who they are looking for. It really seemed to me that they were letting the suspect know that they were mistaken (yes mistaken!!!) in using that first sketch. I said before that the emotion shown by Carter was based somewhat in that miss step. And honestly, think about it, for 2 years people were looking for a completely different looking person. Billboards, flyers, Press Conferences! I should add that to me these two sketches have nothing in common. Nothing. Moo
If they know who it is and do not have enough to prosecute successfully, then it makes absolute sense they would reach out to the public. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Also, LE isn't discounting the first sketch. Carter didn't tell the public to disregard it. I believe it's also the reason the age span is so wide. I believe the sketches are of the same person at different ages. If LE were wrong about the first sketch, they most definitely would say so when making the second sketch public.

It almost looks like an eye patch on the right eye, with a hat like a pirate's hat and a backpack ...
Okay, this sent me into giggles - he's a pirate with an eye patch...and a wooden leg! His parrot is under the jacket.

Sorry to be silly - not intending to make fun of anyone's ideas or to make light of a serious crime....just the thought of a pirate on the bridge does make me giggle.

jmo

I tend to doubt things that seem over the top and like a fiction book. But some things from the press conference have me wondering if the killer is somehow communicating with the investigators:
You want to know what we know, we know you told someone, after two years he probably did not think we would take a new direction, you may be in this room...

If the sketch released two years ago was way off it may have fed the suspects ego or made him feel safe in communicating with investigators, like he is invincible and nothing can touch him.

Be careful how you interpret what you read in the Daily Mail. I see the article dated 2017 where it claims being back to square one. I think the Mail is often intentionally confusing in order to sensationalize. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288