Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a photo from Google Earth showing "main entrance" and the "second entrance." I believe Abby and Libby were dropped off at the "second entrance."

Thank you very much! I do recall one of the entrances was officially closed not long after the murders, the second entrance I think it was, something to do with the Meeres (sp?) property but the reason why is testing my memory.

So these are access points, neither are parking lots? Because very early on there was oft-repeated rumours here on WS of at least one car of a certain colour in the parking lot. So is the only parking location close to the main trail entrance where the suspect’s car was believed to have been parked? If so, a car parked there from noon to 5pm would certainly cause suspicion and although LE claim to have a witness, surely nobody was starring at a car for five hours straight. It’s also an out of the way place for CCTV unless it was installed on the abandoned building. But that wouldn’t take this long to obtain...so maybe satellite imaging? ...a head scratcher for sure.

Then why did Libby record him?

—-

I need to review Carter’s words very very carefully again.

BG is in the bridge video. BG is in the second sketch. It is my opinion that the first sketch was done from the video. The first 'witness' is video. The second sketch came from a human witness, the second witness. Humans are inherently unreliable witnesses, so they went with technology in choosing which sketch to release.

Why is the second one released now and considered more reliable than the first? Because the case is leading to someone that looks like the person described by the human witness in sketch #2.

If the suspect is in the media, giving the family a 2 week window would keep the suspect away from the family until LE gets what they are seeking to make an arrest. But I think 2 weeks is significant for some reason.

I think the media was asked to stay away and give the family 2 weeks... "at least 2 weeks"... to absorb all the new information in private. ... Just a courtesy, imo, extended towards 2 families who have been, and are still going through what could be described as a wide awake nightmare.

I still don’t understand why the two sketches are different. Could he have lost weight to make him appear differently than before?
Let’s put this mystery to rest everyone... There are many reasons there are different sketches and many reasons they are “different looking”. I don’t know why LE released 1 initially and not the other or others... ONLY they know that and I TRUST THEM.... We should all trust this process/LE This is “blood on their hands” if you will... THEY WANT to solve this more than anything... Reputations, ego, community trust,. Safety, and most of all for the loved ones and family of those girls...
1. Different witnesses gave descriptions to an artist based on their memory of who they saw as a POI. Each witness sits with a sketch artist and a composite is “born”
2. LE created one based off of the photo/video Libby took (but we know they always said it was not very accurate due to the pixels (THEY EVEN CONTACTED DISNEY on this subject)
3. LE will tell you (I’ve been through this) to remember anything that you can remember, they will allow a witness to look at different noses, eyes, etc... they want anything that a witness can remember down on paper while it is fresh in their minds... research the process of crime sketch artists if you have further questions.....

I saw a picture of the room in which the press conference was held. There was a huge banner with various terms for God on it, such as: savior, deliverer, etc. There was also a smaller banner with a symbol on it almost like curved crosses. Are these usually in that room, or were they sending a seriously religious message? Will try to find the picture.

ETA here is the link Relatives of slain teen say double-killing will be solved

The movie The Shack was released march 3, 2017.
What if someone did use seeing it as an alibi?
I haven't seen it, but I did read the book. The chapter about the Holy Ghost still resonates in my memory. Great writer.
Peace be with sweet Abby and sweet Libby.

Last edited:
Has anyone read The Shack or seen the movie? If so, can you explain briefly what it might have to do with Carter bringing it up in the news conference?

Yes I could buy the book or watch the movie but then If it is about a murder, I would have nightmares so I don’t dare do that. There are some posts on these threads I can’t even read. I do follow some cases, but not all. Thanks in advance. :)

I read the book last year. It is about a father's spiritual and real life journey dealing with the murder of his daughter. Carter starts by asking how can someone do this? Just as many of us do when watching an emotional movie we project ourselves/emotions/thoughts. This movie had Supt. Carter thinking of the cruelty but the message of hope that the movie/book brings that how you left them is not what they are experiencing now. Thus telling the murderer what power you think you have is not over the girls now. It was a spiritual comforting statement of hope.

It is said when telling a lie to stay as close to the truth as possible. Perhaps early on a person(s) from the initial search provided valuable info to authorities that now has been proven as false.

I have a hunch investigators have data that an individuals alibi was fabricated. My theory is his/her deceit was detected when their phone pinged at the cell tower near the trail/crime scene. Perhaps that is why investigators want witnesses as to the car being at the parking lot between noon and 5/5:30 pm that day.

My theory/opinion only.

Just posting up this link...LE say they are looking for the driver of the car (the new sketch), not for witnesses to the car being parked.

“Indiana State Police say they are looking for the driver of a vehicle parked at the old CPS/DCS/Welfare building that was abandoned on the east side of CR 300 N next to the Hoosier Heartland Highway between noon and 5 p.m. Feb. 13, 2017. That's the day 14-year-old Libby and 13-year-old Abby went missing. Their bodies were found the next day just out of sight of the bridge. Police did not give a description of the vehicle.”
Community hopeful after new images, audio released of suspected Delphi killer

It's interesting how so many were adamant (and still are) that they can see similarities in the 2 sketches, when they are actually of 2 different people. It's not about those people been wrong, but just how powerful personal interpretation is, particularly when the scope of information is so very narrow.

but they're not of two different people

sketch 1 was made by an FBI artist from looking at the video
the video is BG
sketch 2 is the one they want us to consider so therefore it is BG
the video and sketch 2 are BG

BG is in the bridge video. BG is in the second sketch. It is my opinion that the first sketch was done from the video. The first 'witness' is video. The second sketch came from a human witness, the second witness. Humans are inherently unreliable witnesses, so they went with technology in choosing which sketch to release.

Why is the second one released now and considered more reliable than the first? Because the case is leading to someone that looks like the person described by the human witness in sketch #2.
Not true.

Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said the portrait was drawn by an FBI sketch artist and was based on "recent information" from a witness who saw the suspect about the time of German and Williams' deaths. "It relates to a dialogue between a witness and a sketch artist," he said. "That’s based upon an actual, real situation."

Police unveil composite sketch of Delphi double homicide suspect

Hi,
This is my first ever post but have been in the background.
I don’t know why but after re-watching the press conference I have a sick feeling in my stomach about Supt Carter.
He wipes his brow, touches his nose and seems more agitated and nervous to me than anything.
Is it possible we have another “GSK” like officer in the force.
Geez I really hope not but something doesn’t sit well with his “mannerisms” either.
The “take my last breath” is almost an apology to the family before sh@$ hits the fan and it makes sense that the family were angry and for there to be no media for 2 weeks.

MOO and I hope and pray I am wrong and the killer is revealed soon.
Welcome to WS Typically55! Great first post!

Seems like a mistake was made...as they won’t discuss the sketches. Just show them to us. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123