Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't recall this being posted yet.

Documents: 2013 complaint against parents of missing Crystal Lake boy | Northwest Herald

In a petition for an order of protection that Lorelei Hughes filed against her daughter, JoAnn Cunningham, in 2013, the grandmother accused Cunningham and Andrew Freund Sr. of forcing Cunningham's oldest son to live in "constant fear, hunger and filth," as well as denying him medical care, food, clean clothing healthy living environment.

This may be disturbing to read but I wanted to walk through what he potentially went through during his final moments at the hands of what he knew as his parents. This was malicious. This was callous. They have no souls IMO. :mad:

AJ was forced into the cold shower for an extended period of time and beaten all over his body by both parents.

Why water punishment? Trying to hide the blood evidence of the beating? Humility? I wonder how may times this happened in the past?

I'm wondering if he died of blunt force trauma, or an eventual hit that lent him unconscious and they let him lay there inadvertently dying of hypothermia? Or perhaps this went on for hours and the combination was the cause? Was the window open? Did his brother hear?

Hypothermia is often defined as any core body temperature below 35.0 °C (95.0 °F)

Stage 1 of hypothermia (body core temperature of 97.7 F- 95 F ) : tachycardia , pale blue skin

Stage 2 of hypothermia ( body core temp below 95 F) :
  • Skin feels colder than normal but may still be lukewarm.
  • Shivering.
  • Dehydration.
  • Mental confusion.
  • Poor coordination of voluntary movements (ataxia) – slurred speech, stumbling, clumsiness.
Stage 3 (Body core temp below 89.6 F)

• Skin cold to touch.
  • No shivering.
  • Reduced consciousness.
  • Low blood pressure (hypothermia).
  • Heart rate below 60 beats per minute (bradycardia).
  • Weak pulse.
  • Shallow breathing.
  • Muscle stiffness.
  • Abnormal ECG readings.
Stage 4 core ( body core temp below 82.4 F)
  • Coma.
  • Absent pupil reflexes.
  • Faint pulse that may be difficult to detect.
  • Shallow breathing that may be barely detectable.

MOO

Hypothermia Symptoms and Causes in Baby, Child, Adults, Elderly | Healthhype.com\

Tim McNicholas (@TimMcNicholas) | Twitter

Documents: 2013 complaint against parents of missing Crystal Lake boy | Northwest Herald

In a petition for an order of protection that Lorelei Hughes filed against her daughter, JoAnn Cunningham, in 2013, the grandmother accused Cunningham and Andrew Freund Sr. of forcing Cunningham's oldest son to live in "constant fear, hunger and filth," as well as denying him medical care, food, clean clothing healthy living environment.
It's showing a questionnaire before viewing.

It’s on the timeline :)

I don't know if I have the stomach for this anymore... this is whole thing is horrific. I cried when I spanked my son once. I couldn't even imagine the look of fear on his face. how could they do this to him? Thank God for small victories in this. P never has to endure that pain anymore or watch his brother go through it.

So this poor baby was beaten and forced to endure an icy cold shower. Doubtful it was the first time and likely that his beatings worsened over time. Awaiting coroners report for “cause” of death. I would not be surprised if AJ suffered previous bone breaks that mended on their own. His fatal beating may have produced broken ribs (and a punctured lung). I can’t believe they just put him to bed and let him die alone. Monsters.
More appalling the bruising back in December went ignored. Thanks to DCSF agent. In Spite of Police report. plus the fact Andrew was born with opiates in his system.
The desperate reports from the grandmother.
The numerous times police were called to that hovel.
The numerous calls to DCSF from neighbors.
But hey the reports were "unfounded". Apparently a child has to die before this DCSF agent will take a police officers word, over a drug addled mother, father.
MOO

Updated Timeline

Timeline
Missing Since - Apr 17, 2019
Missing From - Crystal Lake, IL
DOB - Oct 14, 2013
Age Now - 5
Sex - Male
Race - White
Hair Color - Blonde
Eye Color - Brown
Height - 3'5"
Weight - 65 lbs

• AF was JC's divorce attorney
2013-2018
  • Crystal Lake police said officers have been called to the home 17 times since the child was born five years ago. The Crystal Lake Police Department released reports detailing what they call "unacceptable" living conditions along with alleged drug abuse and concerns the Department of Children and Family Services had for the children's welfare. DCFS last had contact with the family in December of last year
  • JC involved in a legal dispute with her mother, involving JC’s eldest son. JC’s mother filed an order of protection petition accusing JC and AF of forcing JC’s eldest son to live in “constant fear, hunger and filth,” as well as denying him medical care, food, clean clothing and a healthy living environment
  • JC battery charge - She negotiated a plea deal, paid a fine and got six months supervision, anger counseling and drug addiction treatment
  • JC was charged with retail theft, took another plea and received more supervision and fines
  • AF was charged with retail theft, and received one year supervision and drug and alcohol treatment
October 2013
  • DCFS investigated an allegation of neglect by the mother and found there was credible evidence to substantiate the allegation. AJ was born with opiates in his body
November 2013
  • DCFS took AJ into protective custody. He was placed into foster home
October 13, 2015 - Tuesday
  • AF, who was licensed in 1984, was suspended for two years and until further order of the Court, with the suspension stayed after ninety days by a two-year period of conditional probation. While representing his client in a dissolution of marriage case, AF was convicted of indirect criminal contempt after the judge found that he had violated court orders. Also, he appeared in court on behalf of a client after he had been removed from the Master Roll of Attorneys due to his failure to register or complete his mandatory continuing legal education requirements. The suspension is effective on October 13, 2015
June 2015
  • AJ was returned home from foster care
April 2016
  • DCFS closed AJ’s Protective Custody Case
March 2018
  • DCFS investigated allegations of neglect by JC and AF, but concluded they were unfounded. The mother agreed to re-enter treatment
December 18, 2018 - Tuesday
  • DCFS investigated another allegation of abuse and neglect by JC. AJ was temporarily removed by police, but he was returned to the home after the allegations were ruled unfounded. There was no evidence to support allegations of deplorable conditions in the home, and bruising on AJ was attributed to the dog
December 19, 2018 - Wednesday
  • Woodstock police arrested DN, after he allegedly kicked and hit two nurses and a security guard at Northwestern Medical Hospital. DN 36 yr old, is also reported to have lived at the home some time within the past year
February 2019
  • The family home, owned by AF was foreclosed on and sold at auction in February
April 4, 2019 - Thursday
  • Neighbors said the family was supposed to be out of the home by April 4
April 15, 2019 - Monday
  • Parents forced AJ into a shower and/or struck him, leading to his death
April 17, 2019 - Wednesday
  • Last seen in bed at 9:30 pm
April 18, 2019 - Thursday
  • AF went to doctor appointment and returned home @ 8:30am
  • AJ reported missing by 911 call made by AF
  • JC’s attorney said JC had been questioned by police on Thursday
  • JC was arrested at the LCPD on an arrest warrant for failure to appear on driving with a suspended DL. JC was released after paying the required $300 bond
April 19, 2019 - Friday
  • Late Friday afternoon, a team of police in about seven vehicles pulled up to the house and went inside with a search warrant
  • Illinois Department of Children and Family Services said it has had contact with the family of the boy, AJ since he was born in 2013 with opiates in his system. DCFS continued having contact off and on until late 2018
  • A younger son was placed into DCFS custody
  • Police said, “In reviewing all investigative information thus far, there is no indication that would lead police to believe that an abduction had taken place.” They also said: “Information obtained currently has police focusing on the residence.”
  • Canine teams that were used during the investigation “only picked up AJ’s scent within the residence indicating that Andrew had not walked away on foot”
April 23, 2019 - Tuesday
  • JC - Court 8:30am driving with a suspended DL
  • Shelter Hearing for AJ’s younger brother
April 24, 2019 - Wednesday
  • Information was obtained from forensic analysis of cell phone data. Once presented with the evidence obtained by investigators, both JC and AF provided information that ultimately led to recovery," said Crystal Lake Police Chief JB.
  • Overnight police and FBI interviewed both JC and AF after information was obtained through a forensic analysis of cell phone data. Once presented with the information, the parents provided information about the location of the boy's body.
  • AJ’s body was found 7 miles from home - buried in shallow grave and wrapped in plastic
  • Police were seen removing items from boy's home in Crystal Lake, including a small mattress, shovel caked with dirt, plastic storage totes and bags
  • Family dog “Lucy” was removed from home by Animal Control.
  • JC - Charged
    • 5 counts of first degree murder
    • 4 counts aggravated battery
    • 2 counts of aggravated domestic battery
    • 1 count of failure to report a missing or child death
  • AF Sr. - Charged
    • 5 counts of first degree murder
    • 2 counts aggravated battery
    • 1 counts of aggravated domestic battery
    • 2 counts of concealment of homicidal death
    • 1 count of failure to report a missing or child death
  • Police allege AJ was forced into a cold shower for an extended period of time and struck before he died
  • Two vigils held
April 25, 2019 - Thursday
  • Bond Hearing - 8 am (JC and AF)
  • Bond was set at $5 million each. They will each have to pay $500,000 to get out of jail
  • Autopsy to determine COD will be preformed
April 27, 2019 - Saturday
  • Vigil - 6:30 pm at Lippold Park
April 29, 2019 - Monday
  • Arraignment - JC and AF

Case information website: Public Case Access - McHenry County

IL General Assembly definitions for counts: Illinois General Assembly Home Page

AF Court Documents: Andrew Freund Criminal Complaint

McHenry Co Sheriff Dept inmate search: McHenry County Sheriff

JoAnn Cunningham
Andrew Freund

ARDC: Disciplinary Reports and Decisions Search

Yep with his son torture he was tied down in cold water baths then cut to pieces put in blender then melted in acid. And to think his Dad was an EMT.

Sick. Sick Sick monsters
Not to mention the little known "where's Jimmy" case in OH that took many years to solve. Similar to Bryce but MCCS case worker documented and later destroyed paperwork saying she had seen the child and he was fine when he was already dead. The issue with children services is not isolated, it's nationwide.

I feel like maybe he really believed JC. I mean her actions would have thrown me but maybe he truly believed her.

I do too. IMO, he's too gullible and obtuse to be in the business he is in. I mean C'mon! All he had to do is look at his client's well documented past. You don't have to believe in your client, and buy their BS to put up a good defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993