Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me that in many cases animals are cared about more than humans. Let's say a family has a dog and there was some evidence of animal abuse; withholding food and water, unsanitary living conditions, and multiple calls about the welfare of the dog, the owners would more than likely have been arrested and charged immediately and the dog would have been removed permanently. No way they would have gotten the dog back.

How sad of a reality is that? How could DCFS ignore what was right in front of their faces??

This HAS to stop

No detox and put them straight into the general public.

I haven't seen his mug shot, but saw hers. She looks puzzled, as if she's wondering how it got to this. She has no one to blame but herself. Her addiction got her right where she is. She needs to own it. Did she enter a plea yet?

One hell of a bottom for both of them. I hope the both plead guilty, but I doubt that will happen. I expect JC to play the victim card.

GP, and NO detox. Let them go through the withdrawals cold turkey, it still won't be as much suffering as they caused little AJ.

More appalling the bruising back in December went ignored. Thanks to DCSF agent. In Spite of Police report. plus the fact Andrew was born with opiates in his system.
The desperate reports from the grandmother.
The numerous times police were called to that hovel.
The numerous calls to DCSF from neighbors.
But hey the reports were "unfounded".
Apparently a child has to die before this DCSF agent will take a police officers word, over a drug addled mother, father.
MOO

The public is continually admonished regarding internet threats of violence, children and/or pets left in hot vehicles, animal and/or child abuse, etc.: "If you see something - say something!" In AJ's case, grandmother, multiple neighbors, the police saw something and said something, but it fell on the deaf ears of DCSF. Heads should roll :mad:

12/20/2018 @CrystalLakePD report shows Joann Cunningham says a bruise on one of her kids could have come from a belt. Today she was charged along with #AJFreund’s dad with hitting her son repeatedly in a cold shower until he died. Allegedly waiting 3 days to report him missing.

Tia A. Ewing on Twitter

BREAKING: state alleges in court in that Andrew Freund Sr. forced AJ into a cold shower for an extended period, and AJ was struck all over his body. State alleges those acts led to AJ’s death.

Tim McNicholas (@TimMcNicholas) | Twitter
(figured it out!)
ETA: George Kililis, who was representing AJ Freund’s mother JoAnn Cunningham, says he will not be representing her in any way moving forward.
I’m surprised by the attorney’s reaction. Yesterday I was furious with him but now it looks like he actually believed the mother. I’d love to know what she told him.

Now I’m off to read the docs from this morning. Curious as I am I’m afraid it’s gonna be a tough read.

I would think the info that was obtained in the older siblings case would have been enough to take the other children away from these two evil you know what's. You mess up on one kid, you shouldn't get a do over or second chance with more kids. I feel like we treat children in our society as one big social experiment. And that we fail them miserably. All IMO.

Here’s more from that interview with the mother of #AJFreund. She told a @crystallakepd officer when he noticed a bruise on her son, she had no idea where it came from. Joann Cunningham said the bruise to the boy’s hip could be from a dog, a football, or a belt. @fox32news

View attachment 181091

Tia A. Ewing on Twitter
If I’m reading it right the doctor that was consulted about the bruise said it could be from those things.

So this poor baby was beaten and forced to endure an icy cold shower. Doubtful it was the first time and likely that his beatings worsened over time. Awaiting coroners report for “cause” of death. I would not be surprised if AJ suffered previous bone breaks that mended on their own. His fatal beating may have produced broken ribs (and a punctured lung). I can’t believe they just put him to bed and let him die alone. Monsters.
They probably never hurt the youngest I imagine AJ being the oldest he protected his brother and took all the beatings.

What did he do possibly hide or throw out their drugs?

Evil monsters. I have two grown adult boys who were always mischievous we never laid a hand on them nor verbally abused them. I don't understand how a parent can do that to an innocent child their own flesh and blood.

What makes people this evil?

They probably never hurt the youngest I imagine AJ being the oldest he protected his brother and took all the beatings.

What did he do possibly hide or throw out their drugs?

Evil monsters. I have two grown adult boys who were always mischievous we never laid a hand on them nor verbally abused them. I don't understand how a parent can do that to an innocent child their own flesh and blood.

What makes people this evil?

AJ was not in that home for almost two years. If he did not suffer from a behavioral / neurological disorder after being born w/opiates in his system, I’d be surprised. I suspect that by age two, he was not easy for them to control. He’d known other “parents” in foster care and may have missed them? I’d miss them too if I were delivered to Hell. There was domestic violence in that home between his birth parents so I’m not surprised it was dealt to him, as well. Under the influence of drugs, these so called “parents” felt nothing. It’s just so sickening . . . Following this is looking evil straight in the face.

I agree with you, and honestly to me it's weird (and I'm a HUGE dog lover) . I just wonder if the dog will actually get a chance regardless if it is adoptable or not.

It depends on the dog. Most dogs can be rehabilitated. Best Friends Animal Shelter in Kanab, UT works with severely traumatized dogs, they are a "no kill" shelter. There are many places like this...

Dogs do not like to live in filth. Poor thing was just as abused. I can't stand people who don't train their dogs. Aside from people who also abuse and kill their children, or let someone else abuse their child and ignore it.

I do too. IMO, he's too gullible and obtuse to be in the business he is in. I mean C'mon! All he had to do is look at his client's well documented past. You don't have to believe in your client, and buy their BS to put up a good defense.
I do believe he is in the wrong business. I get the sense he would be more suited to be a child advocate, lawyer.
MOO

That was my thought, too. By the sound of his voice when he left the police station yesterday morning he seemed shaken up, like he had been crying. JMO. He could also have just lost his voice from being up all night talking. But he did seem emotional IMO.

Yeah, because the MF got busted. I hate them both!!!! They tortured him! An innocent little boy. OMG

Last edited:
When details of the autopsy/COD emerge, I think we will learn that AJ did not weigh 65#. In addition to ongoing physical and emotional abuse, the boy was likely malnourished. Rest in peace, sweet boy.
Judging by the older brothers custody battle documents, it seemed all they fed these kids was marshmallows...having a meal 4/7 days per week. And that was 5 years ago. It's possible conditions were even worse for them, now. One of the videos posted on the birth mother's facebook page showed a video of either AJ or his younger brother eating marshmallows. Telling that marshmallows were likely still the primary food for these kids. And I'm sure all of the things mentioned in the custody battle by the grandmother and confirmed by the older son happened to AJ in exactly the same way, if not worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member