OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#47

Status
Not open for further replies.
This other W family is/was into horses too. 2nd one to turn up dead isn't it? One in prison still as far as I know, said to be friend of CR Sr. And one property searched by LE (2017?) with a concrete barn floor jack-hammered up.

By other W family, do you mean the Walls family? Just trying to makes sure there's no confusion. Is there a link for that search? Is it in the discovery docs? TIA

Lest not forgot the Value City trailer and the connection...

Exactly. One term that was used ..."right hand man".

Edit: To add more info.

One of the senior walls retired from Value City Distribution Center. A Value City semi trailer was parked on CR's property, "full of flea market stuff".

Nov. 2016 - Horse barn search at walls - Cadaver dog brought in on Pike County search

Isn't V. Walls in fed prison for the Chilly Loco bust? edit: Chilly, not Chilli

Last edited:

One of the senior walls retired from Value City Distribution Center. A Value City semi trailer was parked on CR's property, "full of flea market stuff".

Nov. 2016 - Horse barn search at walls - Cadaver dog brought in on Pike County search

I thought he got out? Maybe just talk? JMO

Delete. This post was to Betty P to show the Wagner's did provide DNA samples to LE, but then I saw OhioBlues had already posted the information.

Thanks, everyone, for the reminder about that. If I stay away from the case a while, I forget some of the details. It's such a complicated case and gets more so every day.

I'm going to reserve judgment on that for now. I'm not sure I can trust what their attorney alleged. JMO.

If true, I doubt that testing happened until later in the investigation, possibly just prior to that article and nearly a year after the murders. If true, the DNA test would have revealed a match to one member of the family, resulting in the "laser focus". By itself, it wasn't enough to build a case against all the killers. The "laser focus" in the summer of 2017 was the beginning of LE's effort to begin building that case, gathering evidence, tracking the family. They (accurately) assumed arresting one member of the Wagner family wouldn't result in that family member dropping the dime on the others. JMO

In regards to your statement "I'm not sure I can trust what their attorney alleged" about the Wagner's submitting to DNA testing.....

I would have to agree but I think it's the other way around. I don't think the Wagner's attorney would deliberately, blatantly, lie for the Wagners and risk being publicly contradicted by LE.

Rather, I think it more likely the Wagner's would have lied to their attorney, feeding their attorney whatever information they wanted the attorney to give to the public in the hopes of making themselves look like the " harassed" victims of LE., which is how their attorney put it.

Whether or not the Wagner's submitted DNA, it is important to note that the Wagner's lies to LE are actually something that will be used against them in their trial.

Reader said they were careful to cover their tracks but not careful enough. He said they left traces (parts to make a gun silencer) which will be used in court as evidence against them. In that same statement he said there are "all the lies they told us." Those lies also will be used as evidence against them in court.

I think some of their lies involve contradicting statements, and a changing narrative which will put doubt in the Juries minds.
I think their lies were more elaborate and complicated that just simply saying they
"didn't do it."

......EDIT......

LE is "famous" for getting defendants on video interviews contradicting themselves. Saying one story here then a different one there, changing the story sometimes many times etc... Then the videos are played for the Jury and the Jury won't believe anything the defendant says, or what the defense attorney says on their behalf.
Look at all the many INTERVIEWS the prosecution has in the Discovery Evidence in this Murder Case! Yes most is audio, but same difference.
......My 2 Cents.......

Last edited:
It's possible. I still wonder why begin using the name White Pines. Angela used it for the burned kennel in prior years. Three businesses with the same name seems to indicate it means something to someone. JMO

I once wondered if back then Billy was going to be over or inherit those entities named White Pines. The hunting club fits with hobbies of the boys, Angela previously had the kennel, but the White Pines realty is where I started changing my mind. I don't see Billy associated with it anywhere. Even the signatures are witnessed by Robin and Lucy.

Does anyone have any idea where the naming of White Pines came from?

GW3 has a Norse tattoo the Valknut on his arm. I’m not sure if the family has any odinist ties or if they just think Norse symbolism are cool. The pine tree is a symbol of the birth of Frey, the god of sun and fertility. In other cultures it’s supposed to represent peace.
White Pines are all over Ohio too. So, not sure if its tied to any of the above but that’s my input on the name

GW3 has a Norse tattoo the Valknut on his arm. I’m not sure if the family has any odinist ties or if they just think Norse symbolism are cool. The pine tree is a symbol of the birth of Frey, the god of sun and fertility. In other cultures it’s supposed to represent peace.
White Pines are all over Ohio too. So, not sure if its tied to any of the above but that’s my input on the name

Or he's a white supremacist, which is another interpretation of this Nordic Valknut tattoo. But there are actually many interpretations of it:

What Does Valknut Tattoo Mean? | 45+ Ideas and Designs

Photos of one of his tattoos was turn over to his defense attorneys as evidence against him.

As I've mentioned before I believe it's his scorpion tattoo that was turned over as evidence, it's above and slightly down the top of his right "trigger" finger. This tattoo has been much discussed in previous threads, but I mention it here in case you are not familiar with it.

Last edited:

The family sells dogs with references and photos from happy customers on their website. I don't know if the W's named the dogs or if the happy customer named them. There are 3 different dogs named Odin on their website.

I don't know if the 845 Bethel property was vacant, but maybe they went back there after the 3/10/2017 closing.

Could have even had a bonfire to get rid of things, before the move to AK? Was that where the burnt VCR tape was found?

Wasn't there a search at 845 Bethel? I can't remember what date. I'll try to find it tomorrow.
Night all!

In 2015, a lot of the buildings had been removed, at Bethel. Looked to be a barn left and some scrap stuff. However, I agree, I think the suspects drove to the old place on Bethel, collected themselves, burned evidence, cleaned up, and went home to Peterson. I can't be sure, but since the Bethel Rd. address, is actually a part of FWF, I think they likely searched it when they performed the searches in May 2017.

I think that the three interlocked triangles are in the Noridic vein, due to some other things I've noticed, but the triangles may have dual meaning, as in, three who committed murder together are interlocked, forever. It's possible that AW was not there that night.

Was the Chilly Loco bust the fed operation that included the sheriffs departments of the surrounding area excepting the Pike Sheriff department? I don't remember any of the details. Could the Rhoden's commercial grow been part of that crime organization... like an unindicted conspirator?

Or he's a white supremacist, which is another interpretation of this Nordic Valknut tattoo. But there are actually many interpretations of it:

What Does Valknut Tattoo Mean? | 45+ Ideas and Designs

Photos of one of his tattoos was turn over to his defense attorneys as evidence against him.

As I've mentioned before I believe it's his scorpion tattoo that was turned over as evidence, it's above and slightly down the top of his right "trigger" finger. This tattoo has been much discussed in previous threads, but I mention it here in case you are not familiar with it.

I wasn’t sure if I should mention the meaning behind the Valknut tattoo because it carries different meanings for some and I haven’t seen anything other than what the news has speculated.

I only saw it because I was trying to find a picture of the scorpion and I googled billy Wagner tattoo and the Valknut came up.

searches started 5/12/17 (Friday)
Angela interviewed 5/13/17 (Saturday)

5/15/17 (Monday) the article below with this statement included
“Jake Wagner's Facebook page claimed he was on vacation in Alaska and Canada Monday morning but by early evening the photos had been removed.”

Questions remain after Pike County massacre investigators search properties

Interviews continued 5/16-21/17

If they were vacationing I’m not sure why he removed the photos. I think “vacation” was to make it appear to the public like they had no clue what was going on under the disguise of being away on vacation.

Another article:
‘During those searches, the Wagners were in Alaska on a "family vacation," Angela Wagner has said.”

IF her statement IS true, I guess vacation was a bit interrupted by investigators for questioning.

Lawyer: Mike DeWine is harassing family in Rhoden case that moved to Alaska
One thing I don't understand is why the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections were in on the searches? I've looked at their website and anything I can find only states that duties of whomever in the ODRC are institutional. They don't mention their employees helping with man power for large searches. Why would they have been involved?

JW posting that Monday that they were in AK then removing those posts and even AW saying they wete away seems like the W's were maybe expecting their arrests eminently and were going incognito?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken