Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Status
Not open for further replies.
So true, yet my impression is of a larger nose than the current sketch. Then I have stopped to consider how drastically my own appearance differs, when attempting a decent selfie. Considering that, it is all the more difficult for us to “see” his face.

Yes. However, one thing that you can still look to in photos and video is anthropometrics (i.e., body proportions). The length of his legs in proportion his torso, his shin length to his femur, the width of his head to his shoulders, his mouth to his nose, etc. Unfortunately, this can be more valuable in quickly eliminating suspects than in finding them. For instance, if you are looking for a long-legged suspect, you can easily dismiss a short-legged person of interest even if he matches the exact height of the person that committed the crime.

I think if you know the person you can recognize extremely subtle things. No different than recognizing someone you know well from a great distance. You may not be able to exactly tell it’s them, but you have a pretty good idea.

LE are not asking random strangers to identify him and match him to a stranger pulled from Facebook!

They want to hear from people that actually know the suspect! Moo

Technically they are asking the people of Delphi because they believe this person is local or a frequent visitor and not all 3000 Delphi residents know each other so yes they are actually asking strangers to have a look and see if they recognize a mannerism. But yes, agreed they are not asking strangers to peruse FB videos. I say "us" in the sense that it was a public presser and "we" are the public. I assume most of the people sleuthing on the web are not from Delphi, yet here we all are together on websleuths right?

Here’s what I think. They know who did this but don’t have quite enough evidence to arrest. I also think that perhaps the reason that Supt. Carter could be so visibly upset is that the person they suspect committed violent crimes before and/or after Abby and Libby’s murders. So just maybe he’s thinking that if the person had been caught before February 2017 (by LE wherever previous crimes were committed) the girls would be alive. Or if the suspect committed a subsequent crime, he could be feeling terrible that LE was wrong about the suspect and weren’t able to identify and arrest him, thereby allowing another crime to occur. I do not blame local LE or state police, btw. Be gentle...first post!

MOO
If BG spit and police saw that he spit on the video they would have searched for the spit
for the DNA.
BG was past the creek so it landed somewhere. A tie, or down below.

Unfortunately, personally I think the spit head motion is actually the loop action gap.

But GREAT! If they got it.
I seem to recall some oblique reference by Sgt.. Riley about DNA collected away from the murder site.

The girls were only allowed to go to the bridge if they could find transportation there and back. Besides Kelsi (taking them there) and Derrick (picking them up), who else did they contact to try to arrange this? Did they put out a plea for rides on Snapchat? Who besides these family members may have been aware they would be there?

Of note: In her photo on the bridge, Abby has her hands in her pockets, as well.
I think this is important. She was at easy crossing that particular bridge. She had done it before. Maybe LEO is now focused on someone who lives in the area because he crossed the bridge the same way most locals do-aware of the risk, but also comfortable enough to just put their hands in their pockets for balance.

MOO
If BG spit and police saw that he spit on the video they would have searched for the spit
for the DNA.
BG was past the creek so it landed somewhere. A tie, or down below.

Unfortunately, personally I think the spit head motion is actually the loop action gap.

But GREAT! If they got it.
I seem to recall some oblique reference by Sgt.. Riley about DNA collected away from the murder site.

In addition, IF it was spit, it could trigger another "aha!" My ex was a spitter. Constantly spitting. I'm sure he still is, but now I don't have to see it. My ex was who I immediately thought of when I saw the (possible) spitting.

The girls were only allowed to go to the bridge if they could find transportation there and back. Besides Kelsi (taking them there) and Derrick (picking them up), who else did they contact to try to arrange this? Did they put out a plea for rides on Snapchat? Who besides these family members may have been aware they would be there?
That's the million-dollar question.

jmo

I think if you know the person you can recognize extremely subtle things. No different than recognizing someone you know well from a great distance. You may not be able to exactly tell it’s them, but you have a pretty good idea.

LE are not asking random strangers to identify him and match him to a stranger pulled from Facebook!

They want to hear from people that actually know the suspect! Moo

Haaaa. Unfortunately, I’m quite confident that they’ve received countless tips to this effect:

“Have you guys looked into Joe Blow? I was looking through his Facebook page, and I have a really bad feeling about him. I hope this helps!”

Just the use of the phrase “when I take my last breath on EARTH “ is meant to remind the suspect that one day he too will face God in death. I believe it was all carefully rehearsed. Except for his emotions.
It made me think he expects it to remain unsolved as he will take his last breath still hoping to find the ghoul who did this. They chased a ghost for 2 years, and are now back to nothing

It's really amazing because anyone could have walked across the bridge after him. Even a few minutes later as it takes several minutes to cross and by the time he and the girls were off the bridge it would take some time to move down the hill, through the brush and leaves and across the creek and up the bank and across more brush and leaves. Where RL stood with a reporter you could see the bridge clearly so someone who could have come across could also have seen there clearly too, at least from that portion of the bridge, much less hear! Even had the girls not cried, and if he didn't command them, the sound of walking off the trail cross-country would have been noticed. How would he have felt so confident that no one would be crossing the bridge??
I’m way behind so forgive me if I’m off. But didn’t the guy in Dr Phil say that the man picking up the girls encountered a guy on the trail who said he saw a couple arguing? Could that “couple” be one of the girls and BG? Maybe the guy misunderstood what he saw.
MOO

I’m way behind so forgive me if I’m off. But didn’t the guy in Dr Phil say that the man picking up the girls encountered a guy on the trail who said he saw a couple arguing? Could that “couple” be one of the girls and BG? Maybe the guy misunderstood what he saw.
MOO

Possible. Hadn't thought of that.

It's not "hateful". I'm far more suspicious of any man who works with children for the church than any other profession.
Agree. My view is a bit skewed because I come from a family of CPS workers in the state of Indiana. I don't think you are wrong but after seeing them in 30 plus years in that profession, I learned not to trust anyone. I used to say "pretty house outside, ugly inside" about some of those homes they had to pull child from. Meaning, I dint care how 'clean" people look , you never know.
There is no stereotype .

I think this is important. She was at easy crossing that particular bridge. She had done it before. Maybe LEO is now focused on someone who lives in the area because he crossed the bridge the same way most locals do-aware of the risk, but also comfortable enough to just put their hands in their pockets for balance.
I believe someone posted a photo yesterday of a couple searchers crossing the bridge with their hands in their pockets, too. I guess this must be typical behavior, at least for people who we assume have crossed it before. I do think it shows a certain amount of familiarity, but my own personal fear of heights might be swaying my perspective.

It made me think he expects it to remain unsolved as he will take his last breath still hoping to find the ghoul who did this. They chased a ghost for 2 years, and are now back to nothing
He’s showing his dedication to this case, and telling everyone how much this means to him.

I don’t think it’s indicative of an expectation that this case will go cold.

Bolded and snipped by me.

I am thinking that the "hitchhiker" may be BG after the murders. Perhaps, he had on the blue backpack and was on his way back to the car parked at the abandoned building. Could LE have found the blue backpack, and there was something in there that was just tied to Abby and Libby? They now know that this is their guy. Maybe the "new" sketch was not of a person originally seen at the Monon High Bridge Trail but rather was the hitchhiker that LE previously asked about (that's why he would not have been assumed to be BG and because he looked so different than how he appears in Libby's video). Could someone have seen him get in a car at the abandoned building (hence, the term hitchhiker)?

I cannot shake the notion that LE turned up something monumental. LE doesn't just change the course of investigation without cause. There are only a handful of pieces of evidence that would prompt LE to do this. My gut since the Monday PC has been that new physical evidence unequivocally ties two previously unrelated locations/items/people/etc. together. I do not believe that a new witness, which can be unreliable, prompted this new direction.

And WHY is LE so convinced that he is from Delphi?
I agree! This person was seen without the face and head covering, perhaps walking back to their vehicle. Perhaps the duffle bag or backpack was finally found. Maybe when they were seen walking they were wearing an old shirt from Carroll County.
Maybe the witness thought he was young, a high school kid or recent grad but their profile and voice software determines he is likely to be older and that is why they discounted the description and now say he may look younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member