Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically they are asking the people of Delphi because they believe this person is local or a frequent visitor and not all 3000 Delphi residents know each other so yes they are actually asking strangers to have a look and see if they recognize a mannerism. But yes, agreed they are not asking strangers to peruse FB videos. I say "us" in the sense that it was a public presser and "we" are the public. I assume most of the people sleuthing on the web are not from Delphi, yet here we all are together on websleuths right?

I don’t think they are discounting the possibility of anyone local recognizing BG. I just think their primary focus is somebody that knows the perp. Jmo

It's not "hateful". I'm far more suspicious of any man who works with children for the church than any other profession.

I don't share the sentiment, but I do understand. I know some wonderful youth leaders and other types of Christian leaders of children and for the most part they are wonderful. But, having grown up in the church since toddlerhood, I've seen quite a bit of "this." I can think of four just off the top of my head who have gone to prison because of it.

Haaaa. Unfortunately, I’m quite confident that they’ve received countless tips to this effect:

“Have you guys looked into Joe Blow? I was looking through his Facebook page, and I have a really bad feeling about him. I hope this helps!”

I’m sure and all that does is make things harder on LE. People thinking they are helping are actually doing the exact opposite!

Bridge Guy seems to be sporting a rather distinctive waist pack. Didn't notice that before.

My apologies if this has been discussed to death....
I commented on that very thing a while ago but no one said anything back to me about it...Stood out to me right away. Not something you see around these parts anymore, especially on a man.

I commented on that very thing a while ago but no one said anything back to me about it...Stood out to me right away. Not something you see around these parts anymore, especially on a man.

It's probably nobody said anything to you about it because it was talked about to death in the early days. I'm not being snarky, just giving you an explanation. :)

That guy in the photographs - BG - is the POI. That part hasn't changed.

I think she was photgraphying Abby on the bridge and BG was in the background in those shots. I'm not entirely convinced she turned her camera on him at that point. I do think she recorded later (or kept recording) because he gave her the creeps. But the photos of BG that we've seen on the bridge - I personally think they were taken before the girls were scared of him. The camera was on something else (Abby posing on the bridge, perhaps) that LE has cut out so we could focus on him.

Total and complete speculation. Not fact. Just a hunch.

jmo

I went for a walk along the river with my friend in suburb of Chicago, and there was a man who kept showing up around us. He would be out in front and then we would pass him standing off to the side of the trail. He would pass us again and then come back walking towards us only to pass us again from behind. It definitely creeped me out and my head was on a swivel trying to keep one eye on him and not let him surprise us around any corners. We are two adult women and I was weirded out, especially since I can’t carry my CHL in IL. I’ve had some defensive training so I knew keeping my head up and aware was my best option.

I could see a similar situation with the girls: He kept popping up and around them. Finally they figured they would try crossing the bridge to get away and yet he followed. They decided to record to weird guy to show a parent and unfortunately it didn’t work that way.

IMO.

I wonder if the angle of camera interferes with true measurements. For instance, people hold the camera up high to make themselves appear thinner and longer than they really are
Edit. This was in response to the anthropometric statement .

I thought it was interesting wording they used at the press conference when they referred to the first sketch as “secondary.” Why not just say to disregard it? Is there a significance there?

Another thought, the first sketch may be what BG looked like before the girls were attacked. Second sketch could be what he looked like after the attack. IMO because I'm going by memory, there was a witness on the bridge that saw a man with a duffel bag.

The second released sketch could be closer to the guy seen carrying a duffel bag?

I just think Bridge Guy is much too respectful and unassuming of a name for a vicious killer of two innocent teenagers. This name originated back when LE requested the person in Libby’s video to come forward because he might have information, yet it stuck even when he became the prime suspect.

Hopefully the initials BG can be replaced with the name of an officially accused person very soon!
I hope so. Imagine if it turns out BG are his real initials?
I always assumed someone here on WS named him that.
Maybe we can change it to BM, (Brutal Murderer) now that he looks different than everyone imagined.
It also stands for something else which might be appropriate. Imo

Last edited:
I wonder if the angle of camera interferes with true measurements. For instance, people hold the camera up high to make themselves appear thinner and longer than they really are
Edit. This was in response to the anthropometric statement .
I also wonder if the video was taken from a selfie angle (screen facing towards her) or if she was facing BG and taking it that way if that makes sense.

Go cold? This case has been cold for 2 years.

They’ve been receiving tips since this crime happened, and have investigated several people, one very recently.

They’ve also decided to make a dramatic turn, one that would have an evidentiary basis.

“Cold” is when the tips stop, and there is no one to investigate.

That hadn’t happened, even prior to this latest press conference.

It was unsolved, but never cold.

I wonder if they searched Bicycle Rd because the phone pinged over there.
I would think LE would need something more significant than possible cell phone pinging to get a warrant. Also, I don't think pinging can pinpoint a phones location to a specific house but maybe someone here with more knowledge about cell phones can answer.

Hands in pocket jump out to me as distinctive mannerism. And the way he holds his arms. The way he seems inwardly focused, not a person who is more outgoing, perhaps, but someone quieter (imo) - he doesn't take up a lot of space like many men do while walking. Head down, hands tucked in - even with the dangerous bridge slats to walk on, he doesn't seem to be noticing the world around him, but focused. That's likely how he always is. Not big gestures but controlled and tight.

Contrast to some who would be looking up and around, arms out, hands in the open - that would give a totally different vibe to a personality.

I mentioned upthread that my husband never walks with hands in pockets. It would be strange to see him walk that way. He grew up in the midwest, but a city kid. He is outgoing, athletic, extrovert. He would walk carefully across the bridge, but would look much more nimble and would be more "open" instead of tucked up inside himself. He definitely takes up space wherever he is. He has a big personality and his body reflects it.

My father and brother-in-law also grew up in the midwest, but on farms. They almost always had hands in their pockets. Their mannerisms look like BG.

Also looks like BG uses his coat to carry stuff. That could be characteristic as well.

jmo
GH did a video where he stabilized the background which is jerky as her phone was moving. It just shows him walking with all else still and you can sort of tell better how he sways some with his steps. Also you can tell he is carrying something under the jacket as it seems heavy and doesn't move as much.

Why do you think LE didn’t release the sketch 2 yrs. ago?

I don't share the sentiment, but I do understand. I know some wonderful youth leaders and other types of Christian leaders of children and for the most part they are wonderful. But, having grown up in the church since toddlerhood, I've seen quite a bit of "this." I can think of four just off the top of my head who have gone to prison because of it.
It's because being in
the church gives people a false sense of security. It was an ideal place for perps to hide. Now everyone is background checked who works with children. Children are more educated to notify. I am sure every now and then a bad guy slips through.

I saw a picture of the room in which the press conference was held. There was a huge banner with various terms for God on it, such as: savior, deliverer, etc. There was also a smaller banner with a symbol on it almost like curved crosses. Are these usually in that room, or were they sending a seriously religious message? Will try to find the picture.

ETA here is the link Relatives of slain teen say double-killing will be solved

Thank you, I missed that. For me, it would also explain the wait until Monday after Easter for the presser. I wonder if someone was expected to be in Delphi for Easter. The presser sure appeared directed at the POI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spartan12!!