Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could have been sent to only certain friends. Not on their stories. If this person saw that snapchat and went there to kill them, wouldn't he have been smart enough to take their phone?
how much scrutiny would a religious organization's youth meeting group's snapchat recieve? I know that would be the first type of account I would be interested in as an investigator

It made me think he expects it to remain unsolved as he will take his last breath still hoping to find the ghoul who did this. They chased a ghost for 2 years, and are now back to nothing

Remember, there’s no such thing as closure. I’d expect this case to haunt him forever, even if they find the murderer, arrest him, try him, convict him, execute him.

I think it’s a longer version of the same clip, no splicing.

I don’t hear anything in between, and logically, it doesn’t make much sense.

That audio has been analyzed for a couple years, and law enforcement hasn’t mentioned any screams.

They’d certainly warn the public if the audio contained anything that horrific.

People would be disturbed by that.

As for the extra word, I’m not sure.

The more we hear from this guy, the more likely it is that someone will recognize his voice.

“Guys” seems fairly innocuous, so I don’t get why they didn’t include it in the original audio.
What about the screeching sound between? Is it something the are covering up in between Guys and DTH? If so why disguise a sound or words, why not delete them? Is it a natural sound within the audio, some type of distortion? If so, why not delete it since it does not aid in recognizing the voice? I find it strange.

MOO
If BG spit and police saw that he spit on the video they would have searched for the spit
for the DNA.
BG was past the creek so it landed somewhere. A tie, or down below.

Unfortunately, personally I think the spit head motion is actually the loop action gap.

But GREAT! If they got it.
I seem to recall some oblique reference by Sgt.. Riley about DNA collected away from the murder site.

MSM article:

On Thursday, investigators say they had recovered DNA evidence from the Delphi crime scene where two girls, 13-year-old Abby Williams and 14-year-old Libby German, were found murdered.......

“We asked for a fast-track as far as that piece information,” said Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby. "So I can’t go into specifics because of the ongoing [investigation].”

DNA evidence is top priority in Delphi murder investigation

I'm still blown away by the fact that people don't want to trust the prominence of the new sketch or the redirection by police because "they spent all this time on the first idea and it's apparently not real, so how can we trust them now?"

Information changes how cases are perceived and what information is being sought out all the time. I'm just curious as to what the alternative is meant to be.
Yes! And I’m also laying low due to all the suggestions to check the girls Snapchat friends or whatever. I’m very confident neither girl ever typed a single letter that the FBI doesn’t know about. LE knows what they’re doing. They know to look at cell data. They know how to get into every account either girl ever had. I’m in a grumpy mood, but reading suggestions that any of us know better than LE is driving me nuts. They KNOW how to investigate crimes. And telling the public at every step is not part of it.

Since some of us are thinking as if starting from scratch, I do have a theory. Everyone seems to think that the girls were confronted by BG on the bridge because Libby took the video there. What if they simply spotted him and he just went on his merry way after that (or so they believed). Then the girls decided to do some more photography, perhaps at the cemetery (which is a popular spot to take photos for lots of young teens). They then went down the hill themselves and crossed the creek at a low point that they knew of. BG was tailing them, and maybe that is when he said something like "Guys, [I just came] down the hill." That saves lots of effort for BG in trying to control the girls for all the long distance. He killed them right then and there. Just another theory and my opinion only. MOO

this would help explain why no one heard any screams, being further away from the bridge

I know. But I still consider the perp is at least a friend of a friend of a friend.

Unfortunately, Libby had the KIK app which is an SM app whose users cannot be traced.
KIK is well known to LE as a road block, as they cant get at the users info. Consequently KIK has facilitated many assaults on minors.

Since some of us are thinking as if starting from scratch, I do have a theory. Everyone seems to think that the girls were confronted by BG on the bridge because Libby took the video there. What if they simply spotted him and he just went on his merry way after that (or so they believed). Then the girls decided to do some more photography, perhaps at the cemetery (which is a popular spot to take photos for lots of young teens). They then went down the hill themselves and crossed the creek at a low point that they knew of. BG was tailing them, and maybe that is when he said something like "Guys, [I just came] down the hill." That saves lots of effort for BG in trying to control the girls for all the long distance. He killed them right then and there. Just another theory and my opinion only. MOO
An interesting theory to consider.

Re the audio and hearing the girls on it - ask yourself why BG's voice would be so much louder than the girls when he was further away from the phone. It makes no sense.
I believe it's been the intent of LE not to allow the public to hear the girls words on the video, and why they purposely only released one or two word soundbites at a time. In the recent release of "guys...down the hill," I think the audio was manipulated for the same reason. MOO

It's not "hateful". I'm far more suspicious of any man who works with children for the church than any other profession.
Being married to a youth pastor, I believe I can speak on this pretty well. I can completely understand the mistrust...especially with everything going on in the Catholic church. Sadly I believe there should be the same hoops to jump through to become a youth pastor, as there is hoops to jump through as a teacher. Teachers need to be fingerprinted. Teachers need background checks. Teachers need to take MANY classes in order to get their license. My husband completely agrees with this as well. It would protect him from a ton of stereotype that comes with being a youth pastor.
That being said... with all the stereotypes to youth pastors as a whole (as you can see from some comments above) I do not believe it is a youth pastor or someone in a public position. I believe that if it was, someone would have come forward. Youth pastors are pretty public people and someone would have sent in a tip to match. A lot of people in a community would already be suspicious of them and comparing them to the sketch.
It is probably some type of hermit or drifter that many people know is creepy, but are not face to face with them often. Sorry to bring this up again, but I really see a connection with Lyric and Elizabeth from Iowa. Any further connection with the new evidence?

I respect your opinion and completely understand, but after some thought I see it differently. What they do have is two years worth of investigative work under their belts. Interviews, cellular data, (any) DNA, all the things that can take so long to obtain now in a database. IMHO that gives them a huge leap over going back to the beginning with just nothing.

I agree. I prefer to look at it as a huge break in the case rather than "back to square one."

That's very true. I've just assumed he got to them at the other end of the bridge, but maybe they wandered around in the woods a bit before he came to them.

Does anyone know if there are witness accounts describing possible BG sightings in or around the trail prior to the girls’ arrival?

It seems unlikely that the killer would abduct the girls, force them into the woods and across the river, and then return to the scene of abduction soon after the murders, so any people seen on the trail/bridge soon afterward I tend to think are not involved. The “new” sketch may be of a man seen with the vehicle that LE believes was parked in the area from 12-5pm, and since that man has never come forward to give an explanation for his presence in the area, he is now under suspicion. Perhaps expert analysis has recently shown that the sketch and BG are likely the same person. (Above is my own speculation)

I’m way behind so forgive me if I’m off. But didn’t the guy in Dr Phil say that the man picking up the girls encountered a guy on the trail who said he saw a couple arguing? Could that “couple” be one of the girls and BG? Maybe the guy misunderstood what he saw.
MOO
You are right. I think it was posted here. I think he said they were below the bridge. At the time I thought- I hope they located this couple and confirmed.
I could see someone just turning and avoiding the situation if they thought it was a domestic squabble.

That's very true. I've just assumed he got to them at the other end of the bridge, but maybe they wandered around in the woods a bit before he came to them.
I only doubt it because one of the early pictures was when LE came back to the end of the bridge, cordoned it off with crime scene tape and had reportedly found several items just directly beneath the bridge at that end.

My newest enhancements:
I am just now getting to view all of your enhancements, so I'm sorry if this type of discussion is long passed...however, does anyone else maybe see a backwards camo baseball-style cap? Maybe even a flat bill? With the back of the cap being pulled low over his eyes like some of the younger kids do? Now I've been here since the beginning, so believe me, I know the discussions about what may/may not be in these images has been beaten to death and is frustrating to some... However, my biggest issue with the new sketch is the curly hair. I've always seen straight, brownish hair with his crown exposed at the top of his head. Others often saw different types of hats. Now I'm going in reverse and questioning whether or not that's really his hair. If this sketch is based on who a witness saw him, why is it curly??
search
Distressed Camo Baseball Hat

Unfortunately, Libby had the KIK app which is an SM app whose users cannot be traced.
KIK is well known to LE as a road block, as they cant get at the users info. Consequently KIK has facilitated many assaults on minors.

Here is KiK policy towards providing info to law enforcement.

Download our Guide for Law Enforcement.

Your post is not factually accurate

Being married to a youth pastor, I believe I can speak on this pretty well. I can completely understand the mistrust...especially with everything going on in the Catholic church. Sadly I believe there should be the same hoops to jump through to become a youth pastor, as there is hoops to jump through as a teacher. Teachers need to be fingerprinted. Teachers need background checks. Teachers need to take MANY classes in order to get their license. My husband completely agrees with this as well. It would protect him from a ton of stereotype that comes with being a youth pastor.
That being said... with all the stereotypes to youth pastors as a whole (as you can see from some comments above) I do not believe it is a youth pastor or someone in a public position. I believe that if it was, someone would have come forward. Youth pastors are pretty public people and someone would have sent in a tip to match. A lot of people in a community would already be suspicious of them and comparing them to the sketch.
It is probably some type of hermit or drifter that many people know is creepy, but are not face to face with them often. Sorry to bring this up again, but I really see a connection with Lyric and Elizabeth from Iowa. Any further connection with the new evidence?
I was thinking it couldn't be someone local either but now the fact the new sketch looks nothing like the old one could have led no one to recognize him? I also think if it was someone like a youth pastor I would be surprised to learn murder was an isolated incident.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member