Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I demand that this top voice analyst I saw on Forensic Files examine the audio? :) I posted about him somewhere lol. University of Ohio maybe?

ETA:
Wooops, I just saw @MassGuy ‘s post above haha. Delete lol!
Ha! If you were to call the tip line, and tell law enforcement how to do their job, you’d probably be the 500th person to do so.

They love that!

:p:eek:

There is a particular arrogance that is exhibited by the public in cases like this.

The idea that they know better than law enforcement, even though they don’t.

These are trained investigators from reputable organizations. Organizations that have tremendous experience in handling cases like this.

They know things that we don’t, and have considerations based on information that we are not privy to.

You don’t release a sketch of a guy that you don’t believe is involved.

You don’t put out information that you believe will prove detrimental.
Agreed. When this case is resolved, all of us are going to be floored at what LE knows and has uncovered in the last two years. Just because the sketch was created in 2017 does not mean it got stuffed in a drawer and forgotten about. And neither did someone try to throw off the case by saying, nah, lets hold on to this one and create a fake one in a few months to trick everyone. No. Didn’t happen. I firmly believe LE is doing absolutely everything in their power to find this guy. Of course there’s always a few rotten apples, but they aren’t on this case.

I commented on that very thing a while ago but no one said anything back to me about it...Stood out to me right away. Not something you see around these parts anymore, especially on a man.
There has been a lot of discussion about the "fanny pack," as it's been called. I wondered if it was something more like a tool belt sort of thing, or something made of leather that holds items used for fishing or hunting. Imo

I know many people have expressed the opinion the amount of audio released is not enough but if you know anyone who you think was the driver of the car parked at 300N on Feb 13/17 and who more or less fits the description of sketch #2, why not just go ahead and report it anyway? I’m curious how more audio be helpful?
That's the whole thing. For somebody who knows this guy, that little bit of video and voice recording will likely be enough (especially if the sketch is at all accurate). It's THAT person, who knows the guy, that LE is trying to reach. They don't care that the rest of us want to analyze every shadow and inflection.

Agreed. When this case is resolved, all of us are going to be floored at what LE knows and has uncovered in the last two years. Just because the sketch was created in 2017 does not mean it got stuffed in a drawer and forgotten about. And neither did someone try to throw off the case by saying, nah, lets hold on to this one and create a fake one in a few months to trick everyone. No. Didn’t happen. I firmly believe LE is doing absolutely everything in their power to find this guy. Of course there’s always a few rotten apples, but they aren’t on this case.
Exactly. And don’t get me wrong, mistakes are made in cases.

But we know nothing at this point. Certainly not enough to reach that conclusion.

How do I demand that this top voice analyst I saw on Forensic Files examine the audio? :) I posted about him somewhere lol. University of Ohio maybe?

ETA:
Wooops, I just saw @MassGuy ‘s post above haha. Delete lol!
Margs, just call and ask if they thought about having a fancy schmancy voice guy listen to the tape! They probably never thought of that. Recommend they turn the volume way up too, I heard that helps you hear things better.

One of the early media reports -

“Two bodies were found by volunteers on Tuesday less than a mile from where the girls were originally dropped off. The bodies were found on private property, about 50 feet from the shore of Deer Creek. Sources tell Call 6 Investigates that a set of footprints are what led volunteers to the area the bodies were found.”
2 bodies found positively ID'd as missing teens

But a year later, BP mentions the two deer. Does that follow or dismiss the first report, don’t know.

“He saw something. He could not figure out what it was. There were two deer standing up there. As he looked up to see what it was, that is when he saw them,” said Libby’s grandma, Becky Patty.”
Families of Abby and Libby take FOX59 through final hours of the Delphi teens

Oh my, I missed that quote about the deer thank you for providing it.

<modsnipped no link to substantiate statement>

Last edited by a moderator:
Like, I have already posted stuff I was pretty sure about since Monday that has now been corrected by law enforcement. I will eat that crow because I don't know better than LE, obviously I was wrong.

I think on a fundamental level we just differ in what we think it's acceptable for police to keep confidential for the security of a case. Totally fine. But in either case, what's done is done. Why continue to berate anybody for something that was or wasn't done two years ago, especially since we still clearly do not know all the reasoning and evidence behind any given action?

I am just now getting to view all of your enhancements, so I'm sorry if this type of discussion is long passed...however, does anyone else maybe see a backwards camo baseball-style cap? Maybe even a flat bill? With the back of the cap being pulled low over his eyes like some of the younger kids do? Now I've been here since the beginning, so believe me, I know the discussions about what may/may not be in these images has been beaten to death and is frustrating to some... However, my biggest issue with the new sketch is the curly hair. I've always seen straight, brownish hair with his crown exposed at the top of his head. Others often saw different types of hats. Now I'm going in reverse and questioning whether or not that's really his hair. If this sketch is based on who a witness saw him, why is it curly??
search
Distressed Camo Baseball Hat
Since having video now instead of stills pulled from it i think the quality or clarity is improved a little. I have looked at it over and over and I think maybe he is wearing either a balaclava (but pulled down below his nose), or a gator pulled up under his nose, tan or camo, light to blend in with his skin. I think it is what I previously mistook for a mustache or goatee. In this lightened video you can sort of detect it across the side of his face. Perhaps a ballcap, either backwards or forwards and a gator or scarf covering his face. It hard to say if it is a hoodie or a cap or both as some guys wear. Even a balaclava with a small bill and a hoodie. Anyway i think that is why someone who saw him on the trail with his face and head covered had a different description.

you know what chaps my hide? to see a sketch of the killer of these two young girls that police kept hidden from the public for two years. This is a killer on the loose for two years! The children's safety comes before any punishment. This sketch should have been released along with the make and model of the car parked at the CPS building.

Come on, you're making it sound like they "kept it hidden" due to nefarious reasons. Clearly they didn't have reason to believe it should have been released. There's no reason to sit on here and blast law enforcement, just as you did when you made note that they failed because they didn't go and immediately question all people with deep connections to their religion.

Not a Snapchat user, but at that time did Snapchat have the same location services it has today? My son can mark his location in Snapchat and then see what other people are posting from the same location. For example, he does this to share picture with friends at amusement parks. If they had that 2 years ago, the perp could have seen the picture the girls posted because he was already in the area. Any thoughts?
I think Snapchat did bring that in about two years ago..be cause you can turn it off or you an go to any location in the world and see peoples snaps even if your not friends with them! It's weird one time I tried it when going on holiday to Spain and I put the area in..all these random people's snaps came up inside their houses bedrooms it freaked me out so then I found out you can put it on ghost mode so no one can see! I thought at the time oh my goodness i could be looking into some child's bedroom..I deleted Snapchat after that!!

I am just now getting to view all of your enhancements, so I'm sorry if this type of discussion is long passed...however, does anyone else maybe see a backwards camo baseball-style cap? Maybe even a flat bill? With the back of the cap being pulled low over his eyes like some of the younger kids do? Now I've been here since the beginning, so believe me, I know the discussions about what may/may not be in these images has been beaten to death and is frustrating to some... However, my biggest issue with the new sketch is the curly hair. I've always seen straight, brownish hair with his crown exposed at the top of his head. Others often saw different types of hats. Now I'm going in reverse and questioning whether or not that's really his hair. If this sketch is based on who a witness saw him, why is it curly??
search
Distressed Camo Baseball Hat
YES! I told my coworker yesterday that was I was seeing was a backwards hat

I get a weird vibe that the killer has an aversion to girls turning into women - that early teen stage either disgusts him or something like that. This it NOT based on anything other than my own thoughts about the crime and the victims.

jmo
You're comment just made a thought flash through my mind. Earlier someone wondered if Valentine's Day could have been a trigger. Someone else mentioned the killer may have thought he was going to have a nice Valentine's with someone and was either dumped by a girlfriend or rejected by someone he thought "was his".

Maybe this guy had a poor track record of being able to have a healthy relationship with women and puts the blames on women. This festers and he fantasizes about getting even, while still hoping that the one perfect woman will still come along.

Then one more rejection, and at "the most romantic day of the year" tips him over the edge and he decides to act out his fantasy. He goes to the Bridge to "hunt" for a victim and, unfortunately, Abby and Libby cross his path.

Could he have a narcissistic sense of self-importance and feel like he is "saving" other men from the hurt and rejection he feels women are responsible for by killing the teens before they can grow up and hurt men like he feels all women do?

I have always wondered that if the girls weren't sexually assaulted (I don't know if they were or weren't), was it because he was interrupted or because sexual assault wasn't the motive?

I know all of this is pure speculation and MOO, and that I should probably not pursue a career in psycho-analyzing, but it was a flash thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member