Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a reminder that it took 2.5 years for the police to arrest the perpetrators of the Pike County massacre.

The police were in contact with the Wagners for at least 1.5 years before their arrest. So they had the right people for a while, just couldn't prove it yet.

Perhaps, Delphi is similar where they know who did it. They just need the right pieces to prove it in court.

I said this the other day. We knew for ages they were suspects.

you know what chaps my hide? to see a sketch of the killer of these two young girls that police kept hidden from the public for two years. This is a killer on the loose for two years! The children's safety comes before any punishment. This sketch should have been released along with the make and model of the car parked at the CPS building.

You're not an FBI profiler, right? You have no idea what information the multiple agencies have about this case, how and when it developed and why they released certain info at certain times, correct?

Unless someone is a professional profiler AND has the information the multiple agencies have about this case I don't see how they can form an opinion as to what LE should or should not have done. There's just not enough information and knowledge to be able to make that determination IMO.

There could be multiple reasons why a sketch wasn't released. Perhaps err are various witnesses with different recollections. Maybe information surfaced to cause able to feel one's observations are more accurate or that one witness more than likely saw the actual culprit while the other maybe didn't.

Who knows.

There are too many possible variables and too much we just don't know.

Margs, just call and ask if they thought about having a fancy schmancy voice guy listen to the tape! They probably never thought of that. Recommend they turn the volume way up too, I heard that helps you hear things better.

On a serious note I’m sure they have had all their top forensic audiologists examine the recording all the way up to NASA, moo.

Last edited:
Does anyone remember a man being interviewed shortly after the murders who had police show up at his home? They asked for his phone and he said he even helped in the search? He was cleared.
Could he have continually helped with local police and now this is their 90 degree turn?
I would share the news link, but it quotes his name.
I will check with a mod.

I’m way behind so forgive me if I’m off. But didn’t the guy in Dr Phil say that the man picking up the girls encountered a guy on the trail who said he saw a couple arguing? Could that “couple” be one of the girls and BG? Maybe the guy misunderstood what he saw.
MOO

If this is true, BG being in his late teens to early 20s would make sense. Otherwise, the witness would assume it was a parent and a child arguing.

Yes. Good point.
MOO something big
has been uncovered or reported.

The poster that caught the old DA being sworn in again take the prize . (I am looking for the post.)

Robert Ives said he would come back if there were developments in the case. (or Flora arson murders.)
Well, earlier this month he was sworn back into the Delphi's DA office by Nicolas Leland, his successor AND we have an unplanned PC presenting a new suspect sketch for BG.

All in a good direction I think.

I think he said he would rescind his early retirement as Prosecutor if there was an arrest as he had given advance notice, but if an impending arrest is the reason he’s back as an assistant that’s surely a fantastic happening as undoubtedly he’s thoroughly aware of the file.

That might be what happened causing the perp to know where they were.
I know i am far behind but, the reason why i don’t think the perp found them through Snapchat is because snapchats only go to approved friends. Unless they friended random people they didn’t know on the app, only friends would see it. The app also lists your friends and I’m sure LE would have pursued that avenue if they did.

Anyone else having a hard time looking at this new sketch and seeing similarities with BG in the video? I know the quality of the video stills are relatively poor, but still, it’s just hard to see the resemblance, anyone else struggling with this?

Last edited:
Yes. Good point.
MOO something big
has been uncovered or reported.

The poster that caught the old DA being sworn in again take the prize . (I am looking for the post.)

Robert Ives said he would come back if there were developments in the case. (or Flora arson murders.)
Well, earlier this month he was sworn back into the Delphi's DA office by Nicolas Leland, his successor AND we have an unplanned PC presenting a new suspect sketch for BG.

All in a good direction I think.

.....Nicole Bowen's murder. Tortured in a shack, allegedly.

Anyone here ever been to the Monon High Bridge Trail in Delphi? If so, any thoughts on the general environment, layout, and number of people there on any given day? Has anyone seen the progress being madee on the LibbyAbby memorial park?

I am something like 40 pages behind... but.. what the heck, man.
So the two sketches are not the same person.
The new sketch is bridge guy.
The first sketch is no longer POI.

But... is it another guy? Or just a figment created from the video.

Color me confused. If new sketch is BG, and old sketch was created from video of BG, then they ARE the same guy, they just think new sketch is more accurate.
But that's not what was said.

I could understand, sort of, if there were two sketches, one from FBI based on video, and one from someone else (LE? - I think local LE) based on eye witness.
Eye witnesses get a bad rap, and probably for good reason, as human memory is fallible.

BUT - why wouldn't both sketches be released?
We got this one from HERE, and this one from HERE - and we would like to speak to 'both' of these 'people'.

I just don't get that.

Did LE say the sketches are of two different men?? Why can’t I get this clear in my head? I thought they said BG is the guy...just that the initial sketch shown to public was wrong.

Like, I have already posted stuff I was pretty sure about since Monday that has now been corrected by law enforcement. I will eat that crow because I don't know better than LE, obviously I was wrong.

I think on a fundamental level we just differ in what we think it's acceptable for police to keep confidential for the security of a case. Totally fine. But in either case, what's done is done. Why continue to berate anybody for something that was or wasn't done two years ago, especially since we still clearly do not know all the reasoning and evidence behind any given action?

Additionally, something I keep telling myself about all this is that what matters now is that whatever mistakes were made before have been corrected. I suppose they could’ve gone along with the old sketch to save face if they wanted to, but they didn’t. They knew everyone was not going to be happy but they still did this. It would be worse if they didn’t!

The past is gone. What matters now I s today and going forward because the past can not be changed.

Now, conversely tell that to the girls’ families or to another family who might have lost someone to this monster in the meantime.

There is supposedly sooo much going on behind the scenes that we can’t be privy too. This is part of the conflict as you mentioned.

Just rambling. I know that I can not blame LE at this point because I do not know what they do, and as @gregjrichards mentioned yesterday which really struck a deep chord with me is that THEY SAW THE CRIME SCENE. They have full access to sooo many things we don’t, interviews, photos, arrest records, phone records, technology, forensics, etc, etc.

It is their prerogative that if new information comes to light then they respond accordingly (eta: ironically this “new” information is really “old” information). And even if there is not new information, it is still their prerogative to try a new approach if something obviously isn’t working. At least they’re changing approaches, whatever that means.

Anyway I’m rambling.

Last edited:
Here’s what I think. They know who did this but don’t have quite enough evidence to arrest. I also think that perhaps the reason that Supt. Carter could be so visibly upset is that the person they suspect committed violent crimes before and/or after Abby and Libby’s murders. So just maybe he’s thinking that if the person had been caught before February 2017 (by LE wherever previous crimes were committed) the girls would be alive. Or if the suspect committed a subsequent crime, he could be feeling terrible that LE was wrong about the suspect and weren’t able to identify and arrest him, thereby allowing another crime to occur. I do not blame local LE or state police, btw. Be gentle...first post!

I agree that they have determined who this is and this person was involved from the moment they found the girls. after a long day of staring at this computer, I feel as though I know who they are pointing the finger at. Unfortunately, it's not enough! Someone from those first vital moments will remember something!

Does anyone remember a man being interviewed shortly after the murders who had police show up at his home? They asked for his phone and he said he even helped in the search? He was cleared.
Could he have continually helped with local police and now this is their 90 degree turn?
I would share the news link, but it quotes his name.
I will check with a mod.

Yes, iirc he was cleared. I got the impression he spoke to the media to share his own experience as an example of LE doing their job in investigating tips. They’d asked to look at his cellphone and he gave a DNA swab? That one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288