Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Status
Not open for further replies.
When LE said in the presser that the BG didn't expect them to change directions IMO he's also speaking to the photo. This person has been walking around for 2 years knowing the wrong sketch is being used. But then when LE presented the new sketch I can imagine BG was hit with a new wave of nervousness.

That’s assuming the new sketch actually looks like BG, if not, he’s probably once again laughing at LE’s incompetence.

Just thinking about how sometimes the criminal will leave something or take something of the victim. Do you think he took something and perhaps it was found or spotted by someone? Like a bracelet or ring and he was wearing it.

Agreed. When this case is resolved, all of us are going to be floored at what LE knows and has uncovered in the last two years. Just because the sketch was created in 2017 does not mean it got stuffed in a drawer and forgotten about. And neither did someone try to throw off the case by saying, nah, lets hold on to this one and create a fake one in a few months to trick everyone. No. Didn’t happen. I firmly believe LE is doing absolutely everything in their power to find this guy. Of course there’s always a few rotten apples, but they aren’t on this case.
BBM I am struggling to get caught up but wanted to thank you for saying this. As I'm reading through pages and pages, I'm sort of baffled as to why people have the opinion that since the sketch wasn't released to the public before now that LE hasn't been investigating it. o_O
Employment

Here’s a link that may be helpful
LOL :p

One thing, LE indicated early on both Disney and NASA assisted in improving the quality of the photo shots grabbed from the video. Is it possible some of what appears to be pixels are a result of their enhancements?
Also, I would think both those organizations would be going for what LE wanted, not what needed to be done.

Anyone from Illinois think that the guy in the Audio sounds like he is from Oregon/Washington based on his accent not the Midwest?

I'm still blown away by the fact that people don't want to trust the prominence of the new sketch or the redirection by police because "they spent all this time on the first idea and it's apparently not real, so how can we trust them now?"

Information changes how cases are perceived and what information is being sought out all the time. I'm just curious as to what the alternative is meant to be.

I trust LE with the new sketch because I can’t imagine them taking a drastic change in course without some compelling evidence. The problem, though, is most people would agree that the first sketch seems to fit the person in the grainy photo/video clip more. Maybe we have made our brains believe that the person in the video looks just like the old sketch ( hat, chubbier face, etc) so being presented with a completely different sketch is going to take some time to get used to.

I’m sitting here looking at the clip and trying to convince myself that the only reason I don’t see a longer chin is because BG is hiding it by having his head down. Sigh.

I think Snapchat did bring that in about two years ago..be cause you can turn it off or you an go to any location in the world and see peoples snaps even if your not friends with them! It's weird one time I tried it when going on holiday to Spain and I put the area in..all these random people's snaps came up inside their houses bedrooms it freaked me out so then I found out you can put it on ghost mode so no one can see! I thought at the time oh my goodness i could be looking into some child's bedroom..I deleted Snapchat after that!!
Oh my what a horrible feature for predators to have access to.

Did LE say the sketches are of two different men?? Why can’t I get this clear in my head? I thought they said BG is the guy...just that the initial sketch shown to public was wrong.

After my prior post, I saw this:

"On Wednesday, police emphasized that a new sketch of a suspect’s face is not supposed to be a different take on a composite sketch of a heavier, older-looking man. They are, according to Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley, not the same person. Riley also said Wednesday that the original sketch – released in the summer of 2017, showing a man with a goatee and a driving cap – is “not presently a person of interest in this investigation.”

Delphi murders: New suspect sketch not same man as in old sketch, ISP clarifies

So, they release the video of BG, WS loses their minds over the hat, whether he has a goatee, etc.
Then a sketch comes out, of a guy wearing one of the discussed hats, sporting a goatee, coat or hoodie up around his neck, and looking quite similar to what BG MAY look like when compared to that grainy video.

But - nah. That sketch was someone else entirely.
Now we think it was the BRIDGE GUY that killed the girls (given that the prior sketch was NOT bridge guy), he has a long chin and curly hair.
k!

So bizarre.
I'm not bashing LE, at all. But this is so bizarre to me.

Recently the police chief of Chicago scolded Jussie Smollett. He said Chicago did not deserve this nor did they ask for this. I am getting that same feeling from Carter. Yes he wants justice for the girls but now with the revelation that it is a close connection he also feels that Delphi did not deserve it
I have no doubt that he is hurting deeply for the girls and their families. And the whole community.

I trust LE with the new sketch because I can’t imagine them taking a drastic change in course with some compelling evidence. The problem, though, is most people would agree that the first sketch seems to fit the person in the grainy photo/video clip more. Maybe we have made our brains believe that the person in the video looks just like the sketch ( hat, chubbier face, etc) so being presented with a completely different sketch is going to take some time to get used to.

I’m sitting here looking at the clip and trying to convince myself that the only reason I don’t see a longer chin is because BG is hiding it by having his head down. Sigh.
I agree I think people are skeptical because if they got what they got out of the videos they are showing us, its almost laughable that they got what they did. I think people just can't wrap their heads around the new sketch based off the video. If they are using all this great technology why not show people, or make a computer model. I think they are just reaching for whatever, they found out the witness report of a the first guy was wrong so looked for changes to make, not found them.

What exactly are we talking about here/above?

Short version.

BP said a searcher saw two (wild) deer standing above, as he got closer, he discovered the bodies.
The land begins to rises steeply beyond the flatter area so the deer likely stood somewhere on the hill up above.
Lots of speculation if the bodies were hidden under leaves but I don’t think it was ever confirmed, only that they were found about 50 feet away from the river bank.

Anyone, feel free to clarify.

Jmo there is no way LE knows who BG is. No way they would simply wait and hope someone connected them dots for them. They are starting over. Jmo

I tend to agree. That’s the “feeling” and “vibe” I get, so that’s totally jmo.

I do think sooomething possibly happened though to initiate this turn. And I wonder what that is.

A question, who has the absolute absolute top say and authority on this investigation? Meaning, could someone above them have demanded this change? Maybe not all LE agrees with all approaches?

I remember seeing in another case on TV a Police Officer talking about about 3 LEs in the boardroom. There were three POIs. And each LE had a differing opinion as to which one the killer really was.

Did LE say the sketches are of two different men?? Why can’t I get this clear in my head? I thought they said BG is the guy...just that the initial sketch shown to public was wrong.

Two different people. (I'm right there with you about others believing this is how he looks now as opposed to then. He didn't change, evolve.) Further, the newly released sketch is of a young man and the sketch of the young man was "reported" to have been drawn soon after the murders.

"On Wednesday, police emphasized that a new sketch of a suspect’s face is not supposed to be a different take on a composite sketch of a heavier, older-looking man. They are, according to Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley, not the same person."

Delphi murders: New suspect sketch not same man as in old sketch, ISP clarifies

ETA: Link/quote about recently released sketch

The sketch artist with ISP who drew the face, Master Trooper Taylor Bryant, told the Indianapolis Star the picture presented as being new Monday had in fact been drawn Feb. 17, 2017, three days after the bodies of the two girls were discovered.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member