Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I thought maybe something had happened to AJ, like accidentally and they were worried about maybe being charged with neglect and losing [their other son]," she said. "But when I heard the news conference today, I just... I just couldn’t believe it. Could not believe it."

She added that in talking to other members of their family, they all felt the same way - and that she had no plans of, or any interest in, reaching out to Freund Sr.

Family of Crystal Lake Boy 'Couldn't Believe' Murder Charges

Good article. Why didn’t they give AJ to his grandma?
Simple, pack his few belongings & drop him off, easier than digging a grave. Jmo

"The complaints against both have now been released, revealing some details about how they allegedly did it.

According to the separate documents, police say they each “forced A.F. to remain in a cold shower for an extended period of time and or struck A.F. on or about his body, knowing said acts would cause the death of A.F., thereby causing the death of A.F.” A.F., of course, refers to the child.

The alleged acts of forcing the child to take a long, cold shower and striking him provided the basis for a number of other charges as well, including aggravated battery. They also face charges of concealing a homicidal death by allegedly burying the boy’s body, and failure to report child death for allegedly not reporting AJ’s death within 24 hours of it happening."

Court Docs Detail How Parents Allegedly Murdered 5-Year-Old AJ Freund

Cause of death just released:

“According to the McHenry County Coroner's office, the body found in the makeshift grave in unincorporated Woodstock was identified as AJ and the cause of death was listed as "craniocerebral trauma as a consequence of multiple blunt force injuries."”

Cause of Death Released for Andrew 'AJ' Freund

Omg. Why? Did the lawyer not know the law?

Will he be able to pass the buck to the other half of the dumb duo? I can’t say their names. Just can’t.

is it just me or does her profile picture look nothing like her and the kids? I know drugs can age you but they were all well dressed and looked very clean, healthy and happy. Not the same pictures you see up closer. Not that this is very relevant just very odd.

I think this has to do with the nature of drug addiction, and why I think that all the blame being dished on DCFS is hard to sort through. So many of these addicts have times of recovery and relapse. There may have likely been times when things were much better and much much worse. I think that it is unfair to let kids ride the roller coaster of addiction, but the way the laws in our country are written right now don’t protect them enough.

I think this has to do with the nature of drug addiction, and why I think that all the blame being dished on DCFS is hard to sort through. So many of these addicts have times of recovery and relapse. There may have likely been times when things were much better and much much worse. I think that it is unfair to let kids ride the roller coaster of addiction, but the way the laws in our country are written right now don’t protect them enough.

AJ certainly wasn’t protected. I’m so GD disgusted- it’s wrong on so many levels. :mad::(:mad::(

You do know that no Child Welfare Caseworker has the ability to enter someone's home if the parent refuses access. If the law enforcement officers that found the deplorable home didn't immediately remove the children from an unsanitary condition because they had no legal grounds to do so how was a Caseworker armed with only a badge supposed to do it?

The only recourse for child welfare caseworkers is to file for a court hearing which might or might not get approved by the ADA based on the limited first hand knowledge and if approved then a Judge would have to order the parents to grant the caseworker access. If the parents still refuse access the caseworker would have to file again and go back before the Judge to have the parents held in contempt of court which I have never seen in my 12 years working for my state's child welfare system.

In my state - Literally if a parent says you can't interview the child then you are not allowed to talk to the child without a court order. If a parent says you can't enter the home then you are not allowed to enter the home. Most caseworkers work copious amounts of overtime trying to do the best they can for the kids they get assigned - unfortunately the legal system ties their hands in my cases. To say that this child's death is on that caseworker's hands is just a devastating blow to a caseworker who is probably already trying to deal with the grief and guilt they feel because somehow the broken system they work for couldn't save this kid. They bear that responsibility and blame themselves for the wording in their affidavit not being strong enough or their voice cracking on the stand under pressure from the defense attorney or not pushing harder to get in that house the first time they saw the family, etc. No one becomes a caseworker because they want to sit by and watch children die while barely making enough to keep their own family afloat.

This child died because his parents were too drugged up to not physically abuse him and dump him in a shallow grave. The child welfare caseworker did not murder this child.

Exactly, we live in society that is governed by the rule of law. The caseworkers were dealing with verbal complaints and no proof and after the fact.

LE know beyond a shadow of doubt that you need proof for any arrest or warrant. They know CPS work under the same laws, just like they do. They reported a lot but never provided proof. No body cam footage or detailed information. They have the ability to call for CPS onsite 24/7, in an emergent situation. Why did LE not compete each visit to the house with full detail and act immediately?

Heck, the grandparents did a great job of documentation and they are not even trained in criminal justice.

I agree, these caseworkers are grieving today because the never had what they needed to protect AJ.

Exactly, we live in society that is governed by the rule of law. The caseworkers were dealing with verbal complaints and no proof and after the fact.

LE know beyond a shadow of doubt that you need proof for any arrest or warrant. They know CPS work under the same laws, just like they do. They reported a lot but never provided proof. No body cam footage or detailed information. They have the ability to call for CPS onsite 24/7, in an emergent situation. Why did LE not compete each visit to the house with full detail and act immediately?

Heck, the grandparents did a great job of documentation and they are not even trained in criminal justice.

I agree, these caseworkers are grieving today because the never had what they needed to protect AJ.

According to the police reports from December 18, 2018 which were linked previously ( I'm sorry I can't find them now). The police officer took photos of the house, took the children to the police station and called DCSF to the police station to view AJ's bruise. She also reported the house to code enforcement as uninhabitable. I feel like she tried her best to get those kids out of there.

Cause of death just released:

“According to the McHenry County Coroner's office, the body found in the makeshift grave in unincorporated Woodstock was identified as AJ and the cause of death was listed as "craniocerebral trauma as a consequence of multiple blunt force injuries."”

Cause of Death Released for Andrew 'AJ' Freund

So they beat him in the head until he died.

No words for these two...

Last edited:
According to the police reports from December 18, 2018 which were linked previously ( I'm sorry I can't find them now). The police officer took photos of the house, took the children to the police station and called DCSF to the police station to view AJ's bruise. She also reported the house to code enforcement as uninhabitable. I feel like she tried her best to get those kids out of there.

Sorry, saw where they were removed by police and AJ was seen by a Dr. who stated she could not determine how the bruise occurred.I must have missed the photos. CPS met with the mother the next day at the police station, interviewed her and the kids returned to her.

Craniocerebral trauma....
So, they gave him violent blows to the head. I don't wish to know how long he suffered that night before he died.

They admitted to the cold shower and to hitting Andrew, but they are also confirmed liars, and child abusers never admit the whole truth. I'm sure even more happened that night than what the "parents" have admitted to :(:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74