Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Status
Not open for further replies.
“The bridge, which was built in 1891, is currently owned by CSX, but the railroad vacated it in 1987.

Indiana Landmarks put the bridge on its 10 Most Endangered List in 2016.”

Delphi's Monon High Bridge to be repaired

Railroad worker? (Going around in circles here...I imagine we will until he’s caught.)

Again, I found the grainworker discussion interesting.

Seeing this man and having video is so frustrating. I can’t imagine how frustrated and po’d the families are that this isn’t solved yet. And now to have a different photo 2 yrs later to go off of? Back to square one. Grrr

I really feel for the families as it seemed they devoted incredible effort into escalating awareness of the case through sending and delivering FBI posters, anywhere and everywhere, looking for somebody who resembled sketch #1.

However as LE have now placed the emphasis on this person having strong ties to Delphi, maybe they’re even more optimistic the murderer is on the verge of capture. I’d like to think so...even though at the same time it must be gut wrenching to prepare for the fact he may be someone whom they personally know.

and how did he come up on them so fast with how he walks. Abby had not quite reached the far end right, when he was videoed? Or had they been there hanging out a while before he showed up?

My theory with this car detail added in is Abby and Libby walked onto the bridge from one end and he the other. As they're heading towards each other, he can scope them out. Deciding they are his prey, he turns around and comes up behind them after they pass each other. JMO.

This may be obvious, but for LE to say with absolute certainty that the guy in the new sketch is the killer, and that he is also the guy on the bridge, means they 1. have audio evidence of the murders and it's the same guy who talked to them on the bridge, and 2. they have some other evidence that proves the guy in the new sketch is the guy on the bridge.

Now, supposedly nobody saw the guy actually on the bridge, right? So how do they have confirmation the killer is the same guy in the video? I mean, concrete, definitive proof.

Libby had so much awareness as she obviously left her video running hidden in a place where the killer wouldn't find it - maybe inside a pocket in a coat or backback? In the chance that they had their clothing removed (and maybe put back on), how did he not find it, take it, and destroy it? Maybe the phone was dead by the time he found it, if he did, so he thought it was not evidence?

It seems they have very definitive evidence.

My theory with this car detail added in is Abby and Libby walked onto the bridge from one and he the other. As they're heading towards each other, he can scope them out. Deciding they are his prey, he turns around and comes up behind them after they pass each other. JMO.

Adding to your thoughts, does anyone recall the video by GH showing the route taken to drop off the girls at the trail? IIRC BP provided the information. I’m wondering if it included the actual location where they were dropped off as well.

By asking the public for help, isn't LE asking if the public knows more than LE?
That's an interesting way to look at it.
I think it's more like gathering information, and collecting pieces of a puzzle to see if they fit. They know how to put the pieces together but have to weed through and eliminate the unnecessary pieces. We may have one piece of the puzzle to contribute but they have the tools and the knowledge to make it complete. Imo

It's been over 72 hours since the press conference. What is the single most important piece of information you feel we have learned?

Maybe he is talking to the girls?
Just a thought.
It is very creepy.
I notice he turns his head slightly left when he is 'talking'. Maybe rehearsing or whatever. Just horrific. I don't know how Libby had the presence of mind to record him, but she was, as LE says, a hero to have done so. I know I would've been too frozen in the moment to even do that!

This may be obvious, but for LE to say with absolute certainty that the guy in the new sketch is the killer, and that he is also the guy on the bridge, means they 1. have audio evidence of the murders and it's the same guy who talked to them on the bridge, and 2. they have some other evidence that proves the guy in the new sketch is the guy on the bridge.

Now, supposedly nobody saw the guy actually on the bridge, right? So how do they have confirmation the killer is the same guy in the video? I mean, concrete, definitive proof.

Libby had so much awareness as she obviously left her video running hidden in a place where the killer wouldn't find it - maybe inside a pocket in a coat or backback? In the chance that they had their clothing removed (and maybe put back on), how did he not find it, take it, and destroy it? Maybe the phone was dead by the time he found it, if he did, so he thought it was not evidence?

It seems they have very definitive evidence.

The creator of the police sketch -
“The sketches are not exact, Bryant said. The renderings are a "ballpark estimation of what the person looks like."..”

Delphi murders: New sketch of killer, video from Libby's phone released

Don't know where this will land.
Back when they released the first sketch, I felt it didn't look like the BG walking on the bridge. Now they have released this new sketch and I'm still with the same thought. I wonder if the witnesses agreed about either of the two sketches or just said close enough. Maybe a good forensic artist can also take the video into account when drawing BG.
The newly released video makes me wonder if GH could have assisted ISP in enhancing it?
The car is a curious clue. Did someone or a video see it parked there and then looked later and it was gone? If LE has it, then it should have been fingerprinted and checked for any DNA, maybe even checking the gas cap?
I hope ISP is not painting themselves into a corner by believing the killer is from Delphi.

Forensic Artist Job Description, Education Requirements and Salary Expectations

We are now told the sketch is of the killer. Whatever reason it was not released was an error on LE's part. "You don't put out information that will prove detrimental"...go ahead finish the sentence "....to your case". Police prioritize punishment over safety. P.P.

No. There is no evidence of error here. They apparently had reason to believe the first sketch was an accurate sketch of the suspect until "thousands and thousands of hours" of investigation by multiple agencies indicated that a different sketch was accurate instead.

Why would anyone assume that's due to a mistake? Based on their statements that's due to what has developed since then. For example, could be a Parabon profile that they obtained. Could be another witness who surfaced or was tracked down or suddenly recalled something. Could be hours of profiling that determined a particular suspect was the perp and that suspect better matched the second sketch.

It could be a variety of factors.

We don't know because we don't have their info. But to assume that all the personnel from all those agencies made a crucial mistake?

Zero rational basis for that IMO.

Two different people. (I'm right there with you about others believing this is how he looks now as opposed to then. He didn't change, evolve.) Further, the newly released sketch is of a young man and the sketch of the young man was "reported" to have been drawn soon after the murders.

"On Wednesday, police emphasized that a new sketch of a suspect’s face is not supposed to be a different take on a composite sketch of a heavier, older-looking man. They are, according to Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley, not the same person."

Delphi murders: New suspect sketch not same man as in old sketch, ISP clarifies

ETA: Link/quote about recently released sketch

The sketch artist with ISP who drew the face, Master Trooper Taylor Bryant, told the Indianapolis Star the picture presented as being new Monday had in fact been drawn Feb. 17, 2017, three days after the bodies of the two girls were discovered.

Your post made me google the ISP sketch artist and I found this article from 2010 about him. He seems pretty well qualified and this was 9 years ago so he has a lot more experience now. Also discusses a bit about his process.

State trooper draws on college degree for sketches

Abby and Libby Delphi Suspect Video Stabilized
Gray Hughes video

Yet another great job by Gray. Not sure if I'm imagining it but it seems at the end BG is changing direction to come towards the girls. Terrifying.
Almost sounds like he’s saying hey guys ... you’re not supposed to be on the bridge or don’t go across the bridge it’s too dangerous and they say we need to get back that way how are we supposed to go and he says down the hill.
His tone changes too like nice... hey guys them irritated... down the hill.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member