Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #93

Status
Not open for further replies.
The video of BG shows them closer to the end of the bridge while he appears to be approaching from behind. Why could they not therefore be doing exactly as you suggest, clearing toward the end of the bridge?

Not sure why this is relevant... what are you thinking?

That makes sense, maybe they were actively clearing out. If the bridge was so long then I'd think they would have cleared out sooner, but that could easily be the case and I hadn't considered that.

I wasn't insinuating anything in particular, I just hadn't thought of the "bridge etiquette" until it got brought up a couple threads ago and was reflecting on it.

Exactly! LE is allowed to have multiple suspects. What matters is who is charged and who the evidence points to.

That’s right on. I sure hope the frustration isn’t coming from people who’ve provided tips on sketch #1 who were banking on the reward money coming their way because otherwise I must admit, I don’t understand why it’s not darn good news to know this investigation continues to move forward.

Better than it becoming a cold case IMO.

What would the alternative be, exactly? The other sketch was shared based on the information they had at the time. Clearly something has caused the change in direction, since it has been done so definitively. Should LE have just continued to let us believe the first sketch was BG and not corrected themselves?

I honestly do not know why people think the police here are untrustworthy simply because the person they are looking for has changed.
I can only speak for myself. It's not that I believe LE is untrustworthy. It's that I've lost some confidence in them. They had the sketch they just released for five months before the other, much-publicized sketch was created. For five months, it was their only eyewitness sketch. But they never shared it with the GP. Then, the other sketch was developed and released. For the next year and a half it became the "face" of BG. Now, more than 2 years after the murders, suddenly, they dismiss the much-publicized sketch and replace it with a different one. This sketch doesn't really *seem* to match the person on the video. The face also *seems* too youthful to belong to the older voice captured on the audio. But now we're supposed to believe LE when they express no doubt that this is BG. I'm sorry, but it comes across to me as *too* certain, as though LE is trying too hard to assure us, after their big oopsie, that they know what they're doing. That said, I do hope I'm wrong.

I found this link in the first thread. It’s a dead link, I bet this was the video you all are looking for. Maybe try searching WLFI with some of the title

http://wlfi.com/2017/02/14/community-continues-to-search-for-missing-teens-in-carroll-county/

So... The page was archived on the wayback web archive but there is no video You can read the article that posted with it though....

https://web.archive.org/web/2017021...o-search-for-missing-teens-in-carroll-county/

I won’t hold back on that theory, because we simply don’t know.

How in the world, with all the trail walkers that day, with apparently at least three witnesses (the one who provided the first sketch, that may have been mixed with the vid Libby took, the more recent one, and the claims of seeing a man in black. Wish there was more info if black wearing guy seemed wet, btw.

But why it’s back to the sketch of the individual with the long jaw, not sure... there must be something to it.

I agree that wet clothing would have been likely given that he had to have crossed the creek with the girls based on the location that they were found. If he was seen by a witness, he would have been memorable with soaking wet pants. Of course, if he had planned this, then maybe he brought a change of clothes. That scenario would be an unbelievably tragic coincidence for these families.

I can only speak for myself but I do not need to know what the police know if it threatens the investigation to reveal what is causing them to change directions.
Honestly, it appears to me the police wasn't sure why either. We are all guessing, wildly here. Nothing here would threaten the investigation. It hasn't moved far after 2 years ...

That’s right on. I sure hope the frustration isn’t coming from people who’ve provided tips on sketch #1 who were banking on the reward money coming their way because otherwise I must admit, I don’t understand why it’s not darn good news to know this investigation continues to move forward.

Better than it becoming a cold case IMO.

If people are only in this for the money then I feel sorry for them. The only people who deserve that money are the families. That’s my personal opinion and that’s all I have to say about that subject. End of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998