Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

HayLouise

Law Student
Reaction score
Andrew Freund

NCMC1355398c1.jpg

Missing Since - Apr 17, 2019

Missing From - Crystal Lake, IL

DOB - Oct 14, 2013

Age Now - 5

Sex - Male

Race - White

Hair Color - Blonde

Eye Color - Brown

Height - 3'5"

Weight - 65 lbs

Extra Photo

NCMC1355398x1.jpg

Both photos shown are of Andrew. He was last seen at his home on April 17, 2019. Andrew was last seen wearing a Blue Mario sweatshirt and black sweatpants.

Have you seen this child? ANDREW FREUND
Thread #1
Thread #2

Last edited by a moderator:
At least JC is equally charged. We've seen so many cases where the "mother" claims diminished capacity due to addiction, being the victim of domestic violence herself, living in fear for her life, etc., etc. I so hope she isn't pleaded down for her cooperation and testimony.
JMO I am leaning toward JC being the primary violent attacker given her additional charges. And I am leaning toward AFsr, with his education and skills, knowing he was just as much responsible for failing to protect, so he wrapped the little one AF in plastic, put him in the trunk, and buried him, leading to his different charges. Could be all wrong IDK.

Tell me this isn't the face of and evil monster.
ITA. She does look evil.

She has all the rest of her days, maybe 35-40 years, to be sober and remember what she has done. I'd like them to play video of AJ alive and autopsy photos into her cell 24/7 for the rest of her life so she can never forget for even a moment.

......., the “O” word, opioids.
As a long time employee with drug court, I firmly believe opioids to be the bane of our society.

I agree, but opioid abusers are not as callous as the meth head or crack head IMO. Opioids are certainly causing havoc and such but they numb the user and put them in a state of bliss rather than what meth or crack head users experience or exhibits and/or does. Just my opinion from my knowledge and experience. Heroin, opioid, users want their "peace or high" and use the drug to make everything "good". Meth and crack, from my knowledge, is different. From classes I took years ago I have more knowledge about Meth abuse then crack but meth, for a mother, will inhibit any connection/bond that a mom has toward a child or toward protecting a child. Essentially, and in my words only, meth can erase in the brain the natural tendency that a normal mother would have toward protecting her child. Please note, these are my words and explanation only and I may have not articulated my point well but I do know meth will really negatively impact how a mother and her natural instincts to protect a child is incapacitated and diminished. Heroin/Opioids, as terrible as they are and the addiction is, doesn't necessarily create anger or meanness. Most heroin addicts I have spoken to or learned from tell me that Heroin just erases pain and "helps them get through a day" without having to deal with life in general and they tend to be rather peaceful. Apparently Heroin/opioids numb. Meth and crack abuse from my understanding is a whole other issue.

Not that any of this matters at this point, for whatever reason this little 5 year old, AJ, lost his life to at least one parent that had substance abuse issues, not that drug abuse should be an excuse. I think Joanne and "the father" of AJ and Parker may just be horribly terrible selfish abusive beings and, as only a side note, they have drug related addictions that may have contributed to their actions. Who knows? It is a sad shame that this little boy, AJ, lost his life to two losers and maybe two drug abusers.

Last edited:

The illogical truth of this article is that the "state" doesn't take "neglect" as valid as actual evidence of physical abuse.

My theory is that the neglect is the beginning of the lead up to more serious abuse. When you neglect a child, you are depersonalizing the child, no longer someone you love and protect, but someone who is so bothersome, you don't want to feed them, or deal with their care. Then, because of the neglect, the child is more difficult to deal with, so the child is percieved as "bullying" you. And that justifies the physical abuse. To a sick individual.

I understand this. DCFS is overwhelmed, nationwide with false reports, often revenge complaints. In ways, they operate like the humane societ (sadly). I re entry had to call about three donkeys. Nothing was done, calling back I was told “we need to see them from the road.” Unfortunately by time they did see them, two had died. In my state, DCFS seem too cautious, approaching cases with trepidation. If LE receive the initial call, action is prompt. Rather than note lack of housekeeping skills, putrid odors, LE removes minor children, arrest the caretakers.

This is interesting from the inmates at the local jail. Doesn't bode well for the Freund and Cunningham.

"After the bond hearings, inmates appeared to hang the note, "RIP AJ," in a cellblock window above the entry to the McHenry County jail." Authorities: Andrew 'AJ' Freund died of head trauma days before dad reported him missing
It's very likely that they know many people who are locked up and I'm sure word spread quickly through the jail. This is a very small-town area, and while most people here are good, decent family-oriented folks, there is a small encroaching element of criminals on the fringes (most crime here is drunks, druggies and domestic disputes), but even most of the criminals would never torture and murder an innocent little child. I hope that these two never know a moment's peace for the rest of their miserable lives.

Last edited:
Yeah, caused quite a lot of speculation. Mom and little P having fun at a nearby hotel with indoor pool. No AJ in sight....on 4/13

Reminds me of the car video... where the younger brother was listening to her blow the whistle.... and the camera pans over to AJ for a second, who has his head down , not moving, then back to P.
Sleeping or just frightened, or drugged ?

Wonder if AJ had become a liability, and just not worth the "trouble" (according to JC and AF) ??

People who murder can certainly feel that a child is another mouth to feed ... or just a nuisance (Pointing out that NONE of us here who are parents , foster/grandparents, or caregivers will ever view beloved kids as a burden ! I'm talking about AJ's killers)

But JC and AF Sr. felt that AJ was not worth the extra food stamps or whatever benefits they gleaned from his being forced to live with them.

The hate emanates from their faces. They both looked in their mugshots like they were seething with rage --- i.e., how dare LE accuse them of anything ?

They were such good parents, struggling so hard against "the system".

Possibly--- AJ had become unreliable and started to "talk" ?

So many possibilities in that house of horrors.

This is a Facebook live video that JC shared live on April 13, 2019.
She appears to be at a hotel pool with her youngest son.

ETA:
Mods, please delete if not permitted. TY

Interesting. Wow. I don't like to state something I don't have a link to, but many of you may recall that early in the investigation, JC was asked how long her (home) electricity was out and she made her usual reply of not knowing or could not remember. She did ad that while it was cold they sometimes they "stay in a hotel in Woodstock"...
The 13 APR date would on have been Saturday. If AJ was actually buried on Monday, perhaps they had a drug-fueled weekend there and were easily set off Monday. I feel sure they know the area well.
I have not heard of anyone reporting them at a hotel or other location for that date (13 APR).
A cursory search of JC - age 36 shows she had an address in Woodstock, Mchenry and oddly enough, Trenton NJ, none of which I have confirmed with property records.

It is so sad what aj and his brothers went threw and will go threw .i hope with all the backlash dcfs will make some changes but it’s doubtful.i am glad aj can be laid to rest I wish the same for children like Noah and zayla they need to be found .i don’t understand how mothers can do this or stand back and watch it being done my heart hurts for the kids and they aren’t my flesh and blood how can theirs not

Reminds me of the car video... where the younger brother was listening to her blow the whistle.... and the camera pans over to AJ for a second, who has his head down , not moving, then back to P.

Wonder if AJ had become a liability, and just not worth the "trouble" (according to JC and AF) ??

People who murder can certainly feel that a child is another mouth to feed ... or just a nuisance (Pointing out that NONE of us here who are parents , foster/grandparents, or caregivers will ever view beloved kids as a burden ! I'm talking about AJ's killers)

But JC and AF Sr. felt that AJ was not worth the extra food stamps or whatever benefits they gleaned from his being forced to live with them.

The hate emanates from their faces. They both looked in their mugshots like they were seething with rage --- i.e., how dare LE accuse them of anything ?

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that when AJ was returned two years after living with a foster family - it's very possible that a normal, deep parental love & bond was ever formed. While I very much agree, somewhere it changed from "I don't really care about AJ" to 'I resent and hate AJ" - unfathomable.

Andrew Freund Sr. — who is charged with beating his son Andrew “AJ” Freund to death and burying him in a grave in rural McHenry County — is a practicing attorney who was disciplined by a state commission and ordered to undergo substance abuse treatment.

Until recently, Freund practiced law in Riverside. A man who answered at a phone number listed for Freund’s law office on Thursday described Freund as an “independent contractor” but would not provide additional information and declined to give his name.

“He doesn’t work here no more,” according to the man, who said he last saw Freund a week ago.

snip

DCFS removed Andrew’s younger brother from the home while investigating allegations of neglect the same day Andrew was reported missing, the agency said.

AJ Freund's dad had been ordered to undergo drug treatment to keep law license

Could simply be his age. He was set to start Kindergarten this fall. All kind of things can come out when a child has someone to listen to them. JMO

AB has a picture of he and AJ right after he was born. He's wearing a onesie that says Little Brother :(

I hope the whole family is able to receive counseling. Thinking this evening about how horrifying this is for them all. Since LH won custody of AB, perhaps she will pursue custody of PF and the baby after she is born. Have no idea if that is possible, but the thought is comforting.

The pool video posted earlier was taken at the Lexington Inn in Elgin. Formally known as the Days Inn, the Lexington Inn is known for its drug activity and prostitution. JMO

Here’s JC’s bikini selfie from the same evening, 4-13-19.

Attachments

• 10257404-DD8F-45F1-A792-2BF40D59E29D.jpeg
    10257404-DD8F-45F1-A792-2BF40D59E29D.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
While I am for reporting any suspicious injuries on a child by a doctor, teacher, or concerned person, IMO many of the DCF time and funds are spent checking into these reports that prove invalid.

Where do you draw the line? I have no idea!

With computers, it would seem that cases that have repetitive calls would be on an automatic check system so an eye is kept on them. If a family is known to have major problems in the household, it is doubtful their situation is going to clear up. JMO

It greatly disturbs me to learn that DCF couldn't do anything when this family had no electricity in the Illinois winter or the house was filthy with feces and urine. It wasn’t stated, was this dog waste?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998