Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #93

Status
Not open for further replies.
exhibitionists are generally not harmless and can become dangerous easily.
"those who re-offended with any criminal offense demonstrated more problems in many areas of functioning. Furthermore, they were significantly younger, less educated, and had more prior sexual, violent, and criminal convictions than did the nonrecidivists. The criminal recidivists also demonstrated higher scores on the Michigan Alcohol Screening Test (MAST27) and the Buss-Durkee Hostility Inventory (BDHI28), lower sexual functioning scores on the Derogatis Sexual Functioning Inventory (DSFI29), and higher psychopathy scores on the Psychopathy Checklist Revised (PCL-R30) than did the nonrecidivists. Phallometric assessment indicated that criminal recidivists scored significantly higher on the pedophile index than did nonrecidivists, indicating greater sexual arousal in response to scenarios involving children. "
Long-Term Follow-up of Exhibitionists: Psychological, Phallometric, and Offense Characteristics

They say that exhibitionists are pretty harmless, but the truth is, no one really knows.

You assume that he was waiting for a female prey to kill, I think that he merely wanted to exhibit himself, but could have noticed the girls taking a video, and that made him angry, so he removed the witnesses.

His gait is odd, but I don’t think there is a problem with his legs. (Could be, of course, neuropathy or other things could have caused it. Why do I think he is not healthy?).
But exhibitionist-like behavior could create this peculiarity, too. I am not insisting, just an idea.

I noticed that. I wonder if he wasn't aware of the girls' position at that time . Maybe they were concealed and got the footage before he knew they were there. I fancied myself a sleuth at their age, definitely would have recorded someone I thought was creepy without their knowledge.
does it seem weird to anyone that he is never looking up or outward? he seems to have his head down- not even looking at A and L.

I remember when we were trying our skills. My estimate was 5'8". Others ranged from 5'6" to 6', iirc.

Is this the same weight and height as Sketch#1? I’m thinking it is.

SUSPECTS
The person depicted in the composite sketch is described as a White male between 5'6" and 5'10", weighing 180 to 220 pounds, with reddish- brown hair. His eye color is unknown. The suspect is believed to be between 18 and 40 years old but may appear younger.
https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/abigail-williams/@@download.pdf

Personally, I doubt this.

A guy who feels compelled to kill in order to fulfill his psychological and sexual urges, isn’t going to expose himself first.

He wouldn’t find that satisfying, and it would be counterproductive.

Those girls would have run away, and not hung around.

He very well could have graduated from this sort of behavior, but I don’t think he did it before a double murder.

Really. We do not know.

I think with the DNA, it has to be isolated and processed, and if it is nowhere, then databases are searched for relatives, that can be distant. I think the LE everything by the book, simply, neither the perp nor his close family were users of any such site.
Hence, it took the time.

No, he was deliberate in avoiding any eye contact or a chance someone would recognize him.

Could he be known to the girls, and therefore avoiding eye contact with them, so not recognized in his disguise?
MOO.

BG supposedly parks at one end of the bridge or possibly at an abandoned building further away. Randomly spots two girls alone on the bridge and high tails it across the bridge which looks somewhat dangerous to walk at a slow pace, let alone at a brisk walk to catch up to them (he isn't visible anywhere in the photo posted on snapchat). He orders the girls down the hill. Girls end up on other side of creek, roughly at a 90 degree angle from far end of bridge. BG now has to hike (probably wet, certainly disheveled unless he changed clothing) all the way back to his vehicle parked at the opposite end of the trail from where it's been determined the girls were when they encountered him. All this transpires without anyone seeing or hearing anything during the attack. BG is possibly seen by one person, if not more, although it has not been released when/where he was seen.
If BG "planned" this, then he isn't very good at planning but just got very lucky that he was able to escape undetected.

Last edited:
I can’t think of a case either.

IMO either the suspect is single, a total loser, or he’s married and he’s an abuser who’s wife is entirely focused on her own survival, day by day. Or she could be an alcoholic or drug user, he the enabler who keeps her that way. I just have a hard time believing he’s capable of any degree of healthy relationship. If he still lives with his mother, well there’s that possibility too and the proverbial “not my boy”.
\\

BTK was a dutiful husband, father, church going kinda, civil servant, guy. He didn't abuse his wife or kids, drink or do drugs and his relationships with his family members were as normal as white Chevrolets.

Ted Bundy had a GF who knew that LE was looking for a "Ted" who drove a beige VW bug and had a leg cast. She was living with Ted, he drove a beige VW and she found plaster and wrapping fabric in her bathroom. It never dawned on her. They had a great relationship, according to her. He wasn't a drunk or druggie.

That's just 2 off the top of my head.

Wayne Gacy. Family guy, pillar of the community with 17 or so dead bodies in his crawl space.

BG isn't being outed because he is completely normal. There is nothing suspect about him.

No one is protecting the killer. Your momma might protect you if you kill a friend, or an enemy. And your momma might lie for you if you kill a cop, but momma don't protect a budding serial killer of young girls. Just my opinion.

Tell that to Mama Kohlhepp!! (Did someone already mention her? Lol. I'm catching up). Even knowing all the people he killed, she would swear "Killer is a good boy!!". And he was trying to help her. By locking her in a shipping crate..... and shooting her boyfriend in the head.

Could he be known to the girls, and therefore avoiding eye contact with them, so not recognized in his disguise?
MOO.
Perhaps, especially if it was a random attack.

You have wonder why Libby started videotaping him, though. Either her spider senses went into overdrive immediately upon seeing him or he wasn't the person they thought they were meeting.

Does anyone know where else in Indiana, near Dolphin, have these kinds of old raised railways?
Not near Delphi but I believe one of the longest train trestles in Indiana, possibly the United States is located in Greene county, Indiana. We referred to it as "the trestle". When I was in my mid 20's, some friends and I used to repel off of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998