Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #93

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps, especially if it was a random attack.

You have wonder why Libby started videotaping him, though. Either her spider senses went into overdrive immediately upon seeing him or he wasn't the person they thought they were meeting.

Or he exposed himself possibly.

\\

BTK was a dutiful husband, father, church going kinda, civil servant, guy. He didn't abuse his wife or kids, drink or do drugs and his relationships with his family members were as normal as white Chevrolets.

Ted Bundy had a GF who knew that LE was looking for a "Ted" who drove a beige VW bug and had a leg cast. She was living with Ted, he drove a beige VW and she found plaster and wrapping fabric in her bathroom. It never dawned on her. They had a great relationship, according to her. He wasn't a drunk or druggie.

That's just 2 off the top of my head.

Wayne Gacy. Family guy, pillar of the community with 17 or so dead bodies in his crawl space.

BG isn't being outed because he is completely normal. There is nothing suspect about him.
Those guys were organized serial killers though.

Bundy was an interesting mix, and devolved into something else entirely at the end. Still, he was able to use wit and charm to disarm his victims.

Guys like those are nothing like more disorganized killers.

Disorganized killers take bigger risks, struggle with relationships, have poor work history, hunt close to home, have low intelligence, and tend to be more brutal in the way they kill.

I think this guy is closer to that.

A loner that isn’t fooling people; he’s hiding from them.

Say it again louder for those in the back!!! ;)
I agree I can't stress enough that with the collaboration that has happened in this case, I am positive that neither of those decisions were made on a whim.

They had to have good reason for releasing the sketches in the way they did.

They definitely want to catch this guy and they certainly wern't just throwing a sketch out there on a guess.

What crazy reason would make one think that they just threw together a couple sketches and then flipped a coin on which one to release....

Harmless if no one sees it, but it portends more dangerous behavior.

I do think he was on the prowl for a victim that day, and he wasn’t specifically looking for those two girls.

He may have not even been looking for that age group.

I think he saw an opportunity and took it, lucking out with two vulnerable victims, and a fortunate escape.

I’m not so sure about the walk. I think he could have been drinking.

Lots of disorganized killers use booze as a crutch.

Do you think it is his first murder? If we accept your version, it probably is not.

About the gait - either diabetes with neuropathy, or habitual drinking. Very possible. But, he walked the high bridges, for sure.

I think he is rather lonely.

I don’t know how great the cell/mobile phone reception was at the bridge in 2017 it might have been patchy.
Well,we know Derrick said his text messages were delivered, but not read. So delivery was going through. I definitely think they would have texted,called, left if they had been flashed by this dude prior. And they certainly would have not stuck around as he was coming back towards them. I think their first official encounter was THE encounter. Any other sightings were just creepy and felt off. That's my opinion.

I took a screen shot of someone in the press conference room who resembles the man pictured in first sketch. I’m assuming I can’t post the comparison shots here, but wondered if anyone else noticed this?

New to this thread, so excuse me for jumping right in. ;)

I think I know who you mean, but the person I'm thinking of looks more like BG in the video than in the first released sketch.

Last edited:
Do you think it is his first murder? If we accept your version, it probably is not.

About the gait - either diabetes with neuropathy, or habitual drinking. Very possible. But, he walked the high bridges, for sure.

I suspect they were his first victims. I also suspect there has been another victim since Feb. 13 2017

I'm not convinced he even realized Libby was videoing him or recording his voice. I'm thinking he would've grabbed the cellphone from her or at least taken it with him after the crime if that was the case.
I dont either. I think he was very surprised by the evidence she captured and is thanking his lucky stars hes still not caught.

It’s incredibly rare to start with double murder.

I think that’s exactly what happened though.

We haven’t heard of any crimes like this in the area, and I think he’s from the surrounding area.

He knew this place.

I haven’t seen enough to make a call as to his walk. Hell, I can’t even picture the new mugshot and that video as being the same guy.

I’m confident that law enforcement has it right, but I can’t see it.

There was an article from 2/23/17 where they said they had his DNA. I shared it in the last thread.
Could you share it again please? I remembered that also and couldn’t find it. I wish we could make little icon folders here...lol

I think I know who you mean.
I have to look at it again.

However, if he was born and raised in/around Delphi, a true local, there is a high chance he’s fourth cousin to many people, and may, in a way, resemble many. It is the problem of small cities, true “locals” are closer related than we think. And I don’t mean inbreeding, it just naturally happens.

Bundy was an interesting mix, and devolved into something else entirely at the end. Still, he was able to use wit and charm to disarm his victims.

Disorganized killers take bigger risks, struggle with relationships, have poor work history, hunt close to home, have low intelligence, and tend to be more brutal in the way they kill.

What makes you think this BG guy isn't organized? He got in to the park, abducted 2 kids, marched them around in broad daylight in the woods, murdered them, left the scene and although there were people present on the trail, not one person saw anything unusual and he has not been caught. Seems kinda organized to me. So why do you think he is a disorganized killer?

I am 100% convinced this is not his first rodeo. He has killed before. He will kill again, if he hasn't already.

It’s incredibly rare to start with double murder.

I think that’s exactly what happened though.

We haven’t heard of any crimes like this in the area, and I think he’s from the surrounding area.

He knew this place.

I haven’t seen enough to make a call as to his walk. Hell, I can’t even picture the new mugshot and that video as being the same guy.

I’m confident that law enforcement has it right, but I can’t see it.

I think the new mugshot will prove to be very approximate, although some features will match.

What makes you think this BG guy isn't organized? He got in to the park, abducted 2 kids, marched them around in broad daylight in the woods, murdered them, left the scene and although there were people present on the trail, not one person saw anything unusual and he has not been caught. Seems kinda organized to me. So why do you think he is a disorganized killer?

I am 100% convinced this is not his first rodeo. He has killed before. He will kill again, if he hasn't already.
Oh I agree, he’ll kill again. Eventually.

I think he’s disorganized because he did the exact things you said.

He murdered two girls in broad daylight. He took tremendous risks.

He reminds me of a guy like the Yorkshire ripper, or people who attack women on jogging trails.

I think the fact that he got away successfully is causing people to conflate good planning with dumb luck.

That wasn’t skill.

It helped that the sketch apparently wasn’t of him.

IMO BG IS very possibly an organized serial killer/predator/hunter. The fact that he hasn’t been caught yet lends itself to this more, imo. @Foxfire used to say (in general terms re: to other cases as this case was after his time) that “there’s a reason he hasn’t been caught”. This could go beyond him just being lucky up to this point. This is one area where I know we do not necessarily agree MassGuy, and that’s okay. :)

Who really knows though, right?

Last edited:
I finally see this rod thing in his pant leg as well. I slowed the video to its slowest speed, and there it was. I’d be interested in how your experiment turns out. It looks more like a rod or thick stick of some kind to me.
I finally see this rod thing in his pant leg as well. I slowed the video to its slowest speed, and there it was. I’d be interested in how your experiment turns out. It looks more like a rod or thick stick of some kind to me.
machete is too long for even my 6’1”’husband. Came past is knee. Working on sourcing long knives in sheaths. Didn’t even bother to video. Strapped it to him at his hip with the handle higher up. He walked definitely different but if it’s a knife in a sheath he’s either taller or it’s a smaller knife.

ETA: should I measure my husband from hip to knee and use that size knife for comparison? So many variables, the scientist in me is a bit overloaded.

IF they have DNA, I would hope they collected sample surreptitiously!
BEFORE the PC.
In 2 weeks we should have an arrest.
MOO
If those girls were smart enough to record BG when they started feeling unsafe, I’m sure they also fought for their lives and therefore collected enough DNA. I think one of the grandparents said that Liberty put up a fight. From memory, it was a Dr Phil video that I found on reddit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak