Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #93

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not convinced he even realized Libby was videoing him or recording his voice. I'm thinking he would've grabbed the cellphone from her or at least taken it with him after the crime if that was the case.
Do we know for sure that he didn't? I could swear it was reported when the case first broke that the video was taken from the phones 'cloud'. If so, LE wouldn't need the actual phone to retrieve the video.

If those girls were smart enough to record BG when they started feeling unsafe, I’m sure they also fought for their lives and therefore collected enough DNA. I think one of the grandparents said that Liberty put up a fight. From memory, it was a Dr Phil video that I found on reddit.

I hope so.

Being smart enough to do so, and having an opportunity to do so, are two different things though.

It really comes down to how this all went down, specifically, how he killed them.

Hopefully, one of them scratched him.

Some posters have question that it doesn’t make sense for a random guy (BG) to be lurking around a hiking trail, looking for someone to murder so it must be someone the girls knew.

Maybe, but women have been snatched from hiking trails before because they are isolated and quiet. Killers can stalk, hunt and sneak up on victims before they even know what’s happened to them.

If someone was looking to kill in Delphi, they could have been testing all the local trails to see which one has the most opportunity. Two young, naive girls venturing into an area that was isolated and close to restricted zones seems like an ideal spot for someone to lay waiting. They could have had a few test runs earlier.

A serial killer in Idaho once saw two kids as he was driving down a highway, turned around, took a closer look and stalked the family for 2 nights by camping in the forest around their home, before striking so it’s possible someone was doing the same here.

Thank you.
I’m going to give a broad reason for why I need to review this particular video. It was filmed shortly after the girls were reported missing. There were volunteers helping to search & they did interview several people.
I’m checking YouTube for it right now...it’s getting exhausting :/
MOO

This doesn't have volunteer interviews but it does have volunteers milling about/walking past.

If you are convinced by Carter/the methodical way the PC was planned/executed, IMO you can’t believe it was random, I 100% believe Carter was speaking to a specific person, as do many of our members who have posted over the past 4 days!

Last edited:
What if it will end up in the situation not dissimilar to Gary Ridgeway? During 20-year-long manhunt for the Green River Killer, Gary was interviewed and was one of the suspects, but was let go as his coworkers unknowingly provided an alibi for him. When Ridgeway finally was arrested, the police, predictably, was very upset.

I wonder if this guy was interviewed early in the process, but either had some alibi, or someone provided it for him. Now something has reversed the situation back to that person.

My hunch is it has to do with the DNA. If I were to bet on several options, i’d say, DNA.

Also, to me he seems to be stocky, but people say, he wears layers.

Temperature sensation is a subjective thing. One of the reasons for constantly feeling cold would be underactive thyroid. A disease more common in women, it can be also seen in men, and on sketch 2 there in a slight neck bulge. (Unless it is artistic liberty?)

Also, the voice is not that of a young man. Either the person smokes 2 packs per day, or has laryngitis, or even vocal cord problem, but most likely, he is simply older.
If he is local or lives close by, he would have been part of the search party for sure. He probably even tried to get interviewed by the media and has definitely been interviewed by the police. Unless he was travelling through or didn’t care about being caught, he would be right up in there trying to interject himself to find out what the police know.

BG was bundled up. Temps weren't freezing that day.
Most exhibitionists aren't interested in performing their version of the dance of the 7 veils and wearing layer upon layer of clothing.

That, combined with the fact that he looks to be concealing a plethora of items underneath that jacket he's wearing, items which in all likelihood constituted his murder kit, does not support the theory that his primary aim that day was to expose himself to anyone.

BG is all about concealing himself, not exhibiting himself.
I agree with @MassGuy. I don't think this was about exhibitionism.
It wasn't about BG wanting to expose his genitalia.

I think what BG whipped out and showed those girls was a weapon.
That's what he wanted them to see up on that bridge.
That would make most young girls freeze.
Heck, it would make most grown women freeze.

JMO.
I stand corrected!
A weapon makes even more sense. Geez, I grew up under a rock o guess!
Lol
Moo

I took a screen shot of someone in the press conference room who resembles the man pictured in first sketch. I’m assuming I can’t post the comparison shots here, but wondered if anyone else noticed this?

New to this thread, so excuse me for jumping right in. ;)
If you go though the friends list of both girls on Facebook, you will see 50 men that look like BG. I think we are all looking too hard to find this guy :(

Do we know for sure that he didn't? I could swear it was reported when the case first broke that the video was taken from the phones 'cloud'. If so, LE wouldn't need the actual phone to retrieve the video.

Welcome rob.:):):)
I also remember, right at the beginning, it was reported the video was retrieved from Cloud.

It’s incredibly rare to start with double murder.

I think that’s exactly what happened though.

We haven’t heard of any crimes like this in the area, and I think he’s from the surrounding area.

He knew this place.

I haven’t seen enough to make a call as to his walk. Hell, I can’t even picture the new mugshot and that video as being the same guy.

I’m confident that law enforcement has it right, but I can’t see it.
Ian Huntley (UK)

Murdered 2 school girls in his home.

Then proceeded to inject himself in the case. Even paraded himself to the murder saying how awful it was.

What makes you think this BG guy isn't organized? He got in to the park, abducted 2 kids, marched them around in broad daylight in the woods, murdered them, left the scene and although there were people present on the trail, not one person saw anything unusual and he has not been caught. Seems kinda organized to me. So why do you think he is a disorganized killer?

I am 100% convinced this is not his first rodeo. He has killed before. He will kill again, if he hasn't already.

He is most likely disorganized

Organized Versus Disorganized Serial Predators

For all we know, the new sketch might not be BG at all. The police may already have that part of the case solved, but now need the evidence. The person in the new sketch could be someone linked to BG that perhaps is family or gave a false alibi. I think this latest sketch is designed to provoke some people along.

It helped that the sketch apparently wasn’t of him.

It is horrible.

But in the future, as DNA technique becomes more sophisticated, maybe the sketches will become obsolete.

Speaking of DNA, here is interesting piece of news

STRmix Launches New Application to Rapidly Calculate DNA Likelihood Ratios

“Used in conjunction with STRmix™, DBLR™ (which stands for database likelihood ratios) can calculate millions of LRs in seconds. Likelihood ratios are used to assess the strength of DNA evidence and how likely it is that DNA found at a crime scene belongs to specific individuals.”

Cool!

Why authorities hold back information
Todd Lappin, a retired Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department homicide detective, said holding back information is often key to solving the mystery.

"You want to keep a lot to yourself that only the suspect would know," said Lappin, the chief deputy for the Clinton County Sheriff's Office who retired from IMPD in February.

The sketch, Lappin said, likely is the result of looking at the case with fresh eyes. Investigators found something, he said, in all the tips, witness statements and evidence that leads them to favor this image over the other sketch.

Full article:
Delphi murders: Investigators have had newly released suspect sketch for 2 years

apologize if I am asking a stupid Q- I did not follow this case when it was new. Do they think she filmed him from a distance? ... coming toward them, before he started his interaction with them? So they were probably apprehensive about him but not so scared initially that they flat out tried to run away?

That's what I think. He was following and menacing them. I don't believe he was saying one word to them at that time. (Amazing, BTW, that people can see him talking in two seconds of video. His body language wasn't of someone who was talking, IMO).

But I think they felt scared because of how he was quickly and scarily walking up to them quickly (I think) like that, without saying anything.

So Liberty decided to record him.

Smart girl.

That's what I think. He was following and menacing them. I don't believe he was saying one word to them at that time. (Amazing, BTW, that people can see him talking in two seconds of video. His body language wasn't of someone who was talking, IMO).

But I think they felt scared because of how he was quickly and scarily walking up to them quickly (I think) like that, without saying anything.

So Liberty decided to record him.

Smart girl.
Bingo ! I too believe his fast walking towards them is what caught their eye....moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73