Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #18 *Arrest*

Greater Than

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Karen Ristevski: Police refuse to say if they have suspects in missing person case

7563232-3x2-340x227.jpg

July 27 2016

Melbourne police refused to reveal if they had any suspects in the case of missing woman Karen Risteveski as they stepped up efforts to find her.

Detectives have set up an information caravan in her home suburb of Avondale Heights, in Melbourne's north-west and mounted police have searched parklands near her home.

Ms Ristevski has not used her mobile phone or bank accounts, or made contact with friends or family since June 29.

HUMAN REMAINS IDENTIFIED AT MOUNT MACEDON

February 21, 2017

Police can confirm the human remains found at Mount Macedon yesterday are that of missing Avondale Heights, woman Karen Ristevski.

Investigators received the results following forensic testing this afternoon.

Karen was last seen at her home address on Oakley Drive in Avondale Heights at about 10am on 29 June last year.

Her remains were located by a member of the public in bushland off Loch Road at Mount Macedon about 12.30pm yesterday.

Police conducted a line search at the scene today and are keen to speak to anyone that may have seen any suspicious activity in that area.

Missing Persons Squad detectives are appealing for anyone that may have been walking along the dirt track off Loch Road or anyone that may have seen any vehicles to contact them.

Investigators are also hoping to speak to anyone that may have been at Mount Macedon any time from June last year and took photos or any video footage in the area.

Anyone with information is urged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or submit a confidential crime report at www.crimestoppersvic.com.au.

Karen Ristevski: Husband Borce 'a suspect' as police issue strong message to killer

June 16, 2017

The husband of Karen Ristevski is a suspect in the ongoing homicide investigation as detectives implore her suspected killer to come forward.

“The person who has done this has a story to tell. They only get one chance to tell it. I encourage them, if they are so inclined, tell it now,” Inspector Tim Day said in an ominous message for her suspected killer today.

[...]

New CCTV is believed to show Ms Ristevski’s Mercedes-Benz SLK coupe travelling north-west along the Old-Calder Highway through Diggers Rest shortly after 11am on June 29 last year – the same day she went missing.

[...]

Insp. Day also revealed her husband Borce Ristevski “remains a suspect” in the year-long investigation, adding Mr Ristevski had not been shown the vision and was likely only viewing it today.

[...]

Mr Ristevski, 53, has vehemently denied any involvement in his wife's disappearance and murder.

Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16

Thread #17

Please read and make sure you understand.

Rules Etiquette & Information

Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Time outs will be forth coming if you do not adhere to the rules, no questions asked.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Steve, I agree! I hold grave fears for this little boy.

"AJ please come home, we love you very much." (Father)

A father is pleading for his son, a 5 year old, to come home. OMG! It begs belief that he wants us to believe that a 5 year old would be expected to have access to mobile phone, tv, radio or tablet and come home after such an appeal. Fair call if AJ was a teenager, but he is 5. Absurd!

Just like in Karen's case, the statements and language used in 'appeals' for those missing gives us great insight straight up about likely involvement / knowledge.

BR-

"You know, without the knowing, ahh, is the hardest part.

We had a ahh b ahh bit of ahh an argument ahh in regards to, um, the store figures, and um, how she was going to you know improve them, and, she had had a bad day the day before at the store, um, and on the Wednesday morning, um, she just went upstairs, um, and then came downstairs and just went out through the garage, ahh, she might have just walked down the street or just to clear her head because that was the last thing she said to me, um, I’m gonna to go and clear my head, um, can’t do it here.

Just give us a call or give the police a call or y y you know give anyone a call ah just to know you know that you’re safe um, d doesn’t matter what, how you know just get a message back to us."

We now know these are the words of a liar. Poor attempt with all the 'ums' and 'ahs' IMO.

Sadly and as many of us expected AJ was found deceased in a shallow makeshift grave, his parents have been charged with murder and other charges.

Yes Edgarb a truly tragic and short life for the young boy. I guarantee that no one will get up in court to give his parents a glowing reference as if anyone did they would be forever ruing the day they did.
Following KR's case from day 1 certainly has helped to assess other situations sadly I knew once that young boys mother stopped talking to police there was only going to be one result.
I have also picked up from relating certain signs I learnt to pick up on that two of my relations we're and are in bad relationships of both verbal and physical abuse. Even with all the help available from outside agencies and organisations both choose to remain silent as they didn't want to have friends or family to be concerned about them with worry. One situation had so many traits similar to KR's leading up to her death it was scary. I don't believe it would have resulted in death but the mental abuse was certainly there.

Both asked me to not tell anyone close to them but I could tell both were happy that they had spoken to someone about it. One is now removed from the relationship and the other is feeling stronger and is making changes.

Nothing positive comes from a murder but if due to it others make changes to their lives from a wake up call resulting from it then that is one good fallout.

That little boy was in a situation where he was vunerable and couldn't remove himself from the environment but there is no excuse for a woman not to act when they know they don't deserve or need to be in a bad and dangerous situation. I guess the hard part is knowing at what point is it where you realise now is the time to act.

I appreciate you being here Steve.
If Karen had spoken with a friend about abuse then that witness will never be a voice for Karen in court & I bet BR knew that.

I’d bet the farm NoRemorseBorce has fessed up only to the people he believes need to know so why would he tell anyone else who he regards as the enemy.
He’s a filthy sod with a good solicitor.
I hope some members of Karen’s family and friends stand stoic for an appeal.
Say if someone could testify Karen suffered any kind of abuse I feel he could get what he deserves. Who & why did Karen say she’d rather stay at the shop than go home?
IIRC the assistant in the shop said BR would go to the shop, was it to help or intimidate.
Many of us picked him when he first opened his mouth.

I listened again earlier to the live audio sentencing of BR and one thing irks me.

It seems seems strange to me that the Court accepts glowing references from people closely tied to a self confessed murderer on the day of sentencing. What person connected to BR isn't going to give him a glowing reference. It's like someone close to you doing a reference for you when applying for a job and that's how the references given on BR came across. Just about everyone pads up their CV and their references give a glowing account of the person. Anyone ever seen a bad reference in someone's CV?

I saw photos and messages doctored to paint a glowing family situation so I don't put much weight on personal glowing references in this senario.

I can see the worth of victim impact statememts read to the court in a murder sentencing but to read out glowing personal references I think they shouldn't be. If you were sacked for stealing from your workplace no boss would give you a glowing reference. Even if you were a great worker,concientiois and respectful to workmates once you were caught stealing all those favourable comments become null and void. Committ murder and same situation any prior good the accussed did becomes worthless as it can never substitute for an act of murder.

Use personal references in the proceedings by your defence during a trial to paint the accused in a good light but after he has plead guilty?

To have a murder conviction downgraded to manslaughter due to lack of forensic evidence and then to attempt to get a reduced sentence on the back of glowing testimonials doesn't seem right to me.

Victim impact statements on a murder relate to an outcome of facts, glowing references can't be substantiated when the person who it would have affected mostly is not alive to confirm
or deny just how much really related to a person's glowing testimony that was given concerning the murderer.
Once a persons lies and deceit in a murder they later confessed to on the basis of not receiving the full sentencing of the crime they committed no further determination by the way of glowing references should be entertained (my view only).
In court prior to conviction prosecution can at least dispute some glowing personal references that the defense will use. I would dispute some of the claims made in BR's glowing references read out prior to sentencing. Maybe the Judge didn't factor the glowing references into account when setting the length of sentence but whether KR or any other murder victim I think personally it's a sad situation when a person who has their life taken has the person who did it is portrayed as they have lived their life in a glowing personal manner.
No remore was shown by BR and for me those who made glowing references relating to him don't see that as a negative personal trait for him to display.

I wonder just how many points KR would agree with in regard to all the glowing references that were made.

I think it is ridiculous that any weight is put on character references from family and close friends, in the situation of a serious crime like this. I think it is ridiculous that this type of character reference is even allowed.

He was not applying for a job, he was not asking to be able to use his car for work because he was going to be disqualified from driving .....

Borce murdered his wife. That says it all.

Same with rapists and child abusers. Their actions show their character. No matter how much they might seem like a nice person at times.

That little boy was in a situation where he was vunerable and couldn't remove himself from the environment but there is no excuse for a woman not to act when they know they don't deserve or need to be in a bad and dangerous situation. I guess the hard part is knowing at what point is it where you realise now is the time to act.
What, if Karen for example had no opportunity to leave before she had her own money/bank account (inheritance). WITH that inheritance though it became more dangerous than ever to leave the marriage. A vicious circle, unfortunately. So, like many others: she HAD a serious excuse, probably most of the time. IMO

Of course, I don't know, if the glorified nice husband and father tended to DV or not .... Manipulating - that's, what I can imagine in any case.

Great find thanks. Laura Richards is a Criminal Behavioral Analyst and mentions coercive control. Her article as below is well worth a read with a checklist of some typical domestic violence behaviors.....

“Some behaviours are dressed up as pseudo-caring behaviour, for example, and some abusers can be very charming and manipulative. In fact, about 51% of victims do not even know that they are being controlled, and if asked, they will defend the perpetrator. This is what is so dangerous and sophisticated about coercive control. It is tantamount to brain washing.”
Domestic Abuse and Coercive Control - Laura Richards

BBM

Have finally caught up. Have to say how utterly disappointed I am with Sarah. I stood by her on here because I didn't want to believe that Karen's daughter would be anything but devastated over her mother's death. How very wrong I was. This girl is nothing more than a traitor. Apparently a spoilt one at that.

To suggest that she is a victim of DV is ridiculous; she has aided and abetted the perpetrator. IMO. (See character reference for confirmation). There is only one victim of DV here and that is Karen, and God only knows (and maybe Sarah) how long she was subjected to it.

There's so much about this case that we'll never know, but I hope all of those who assisted or knew, and those who supported them, rot in hell.

I can't believe that there have been no charges for accessories after the fact, but nor were there in GBC either :/ I have another male firmly in mind.

Good to see even with his own demons to deal with someone who has a closer personal relationship with BR than most didn't believe the glowing references.
Have finally caught up. Have to say how utterly disappointed I am with Sarah. I stood by her on here because I didn't want to believe that Karen's daughter would be anything but devastated over her mother's death. How very wrong I was. This girl is nothing more than a traitor. Apparently a spoilt one at that.

To suggest that she is a victim of DV is ridiculous; she has aided and abetted the perpetrator. IMO. (See character reference for confirmation). There is only one victim of DV here and that is Karen, and God only knows (and maybe Sarah) how long she was subjected to it.

There's so much about this case that we'll never know, but I hope all of those who assisted or knew, and those who supported them, rot in hell.

I can't believe that there have been no charges for accessories after the fact, but nor were there in GBC either :/ I have another male firmly in mind.

Whilst I’m very disappointed with Sarah’s behaviour I also see that she is a victim in that she has been manipulated and lied to by Borce, probably for much of her life. Cognitive dissonance and Stockholm syndrome can mess with logic.

I’m also surprised there haven’t been charges for accessories after the fact.

Whilst I’m very disappointed with Sarah’s behaviour I also see that she is a victim in that she has been manipulated and lied to by Borce, probably for much of her life. Cognitive dissonance and Stockholm syndrome can mess with logic.

I’m also surprised there haven’t been charges for accessories after the fact.

Do we really know that she has been lied to and manipulated?

All timelines have been built on SR and BR's statements, their mobile pings etc. We don't know when Karen was killed.

ABONNIEREN 78.199
After denying any role in her death for two years, Borce Ristevski today confessed to killing his estranged wife Karen.

bbm red

How does it happen to have this wrong?

I guess it could be a matter of perspective. When someone prefers their husband to sleep on the couch, and when a wife doesn't want to go home to her husband, and when flats are visited by Borce and Karen's aunt following Karen's disappearance, presumably to look for her ......

I think it is ridiculous that any weight is put on character references from family and close friends, in the situation of a serious crime like this. I think it is ridiculous that this type of character reference is even allowed.

He was not applying for a job, he was not asking to be able to use his car for work because he was going to be disqualified from driving .....

Borce murdered his wife. That says it all.

Same with rapists and child abusers. Their actions show their character. No matter how much they might seem like a nice person at times.
I agree totally with your sentiments South Australia. All those glowing references for BR but ask yourself one question "would I buy a used car off BR".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back