Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming both parents will get a long prison sentence, possibly life, will the parental rights be taken away for this newborn?

Why will the baby not be taken from JC immediately after birth as is done when girls are giving the baby to a chosen adoptive couple? JC has no rights to spend time with this baby that she has put through hell in utero. JC will never raise this child, thank goodness! I pray this baby will be given to a foster couple looking to adopt a baby so the baby goes home with its future mom and dad.

Let’s prepare for this baby’s birth and get her started on the right path the minute she enters the world.

Is there knowledge if this child is Andrew Freund Sr or the othe guy who lived in the house but is now in prison? Guess if it is the guy in jail, that totally changes the story as he may want the baby and refuse to give his parental rights up. What a twisted messed up family!!

Sorry, but until you live it first hand it is really out of place to make such blanket statements.

Secondly, it sounds like these two are addicted to prescription medications or at least started out on pills. What if the pills were LEGALLY prescribed? Then what? Do we hold the doctors accountable for over-prescribing? I think we should.

Lastly, I was simply stating the biological reactions to different types of drugs. I am not sure what your comment about illegal drugs being illegal has to do with my analysis on the different ways each drug interacts with our brain chemistry.
Right on! The broad-brush generalizations are uninformed and unfair. No defense of these two intended.

Sorry, but until you live it first hand it is really out of place to make such blanket statements.

Secondly, it sounds like these two are addicted to prescription medications or at least started out on pills. What if the pills were LEGALLY prescribed? Then what? Do we hold the doctors accountable for over-prescribing? I think we should.

Lastly, I was simply stating the biological reactions to different types of drugs. I am not sure what your comment about illegal drugs being illegal has to do with my analysis on the different ways each drug interacts with our brain chemistry.
I posted an article yesterday Father struggled with cocaine addiction. It was well known in the area even his law firm offered to pay for it. I’m sure he did other drugs as well.

Assuming both parents will get a long prison sentence, possibly life, will the parental rights be taken away for this newborn?

Why will the baby not be taken from JC immediately after birth as is done when girls are giving the baby to a chosen adoptive couple? JC has no rights to spend time with this baby that she has put through hell in utero. JC will never raise this child, thank goodness! I pray this baby will be given to a foster couple looking to adopt a baby so the baby goes home with its future mom and dad.

Let’s prepare for this baby’s birth and get her started on the right path the minute she enters the world.

Is there knowledge if this child is Andrew Freund Sr or the othe guy who lived in the house but is now in prison? Guess if it is the guy in jail, that totally changes the story as he may want the baby and refuse to give his parental rights up. What a twisted messed up family!!
Have you seen that guy? face and neck tattooed. He attacked nurse and EMT he’s a real winner.

Yes, different drug do have various impacts on the brain. As do alcohol and tobacco.

I do live it every day first hand. The family next door, has their drug addicted son, who is on disability living with them. He has 9 children by 6 baby mama's, 3 pregnant at the same time. He's just 20, on disability, pays no child support, nor does he watch these kids. Some are dropped off everyday to be watched while baby mama runs the street.

We've had 4 fires, kids left outside unattended at 5 am, we all have to watch these kids, keep them out of the street and from setting fires. We've had drive by shooting, drug deals going down all night long, when his parents are out of town. He lost his drivers license at 18, has had numerous accidents with no insurance, arrested for grand theft 4 times, 6 counts of drug distribution probation all tbe time. We can thank our great mental health system for going to bat to keep his 350 lbs out of jail.

I live in a very nice upscale community and I resent the fact, I can't live in peace. I pay my taxes, I get up everyday and do the right thing. I worked in healthcare and mental health, I know the deal. We don't have any mental hospitals left, the state closed them, no room in the jail and lots of lawyers pleading for someone to help them. Well, as my daddy use to say, you can't help people that won't help themselves! And YES, some do recover from addiction.

Yes, a lot of drugs are prescribed by physicians and finally the federal government is taking action. Just last week, 60 were charged with illegal prescription distribution. These were physicians, nurse practitioners, and pharmacies. Yes, lock them all up!!!

And this week they arrested a drug company officials. I hope they all burn in he!! for what they are doing to our country!! I've been lobbying for years for my state to go after drug companies. Virginia was one of the first state to file sue against drug companies. I just hope and pray some of the funds go for inpatient rehab. that seems to be the most successful treatment.

Last edited:
Yes, different drug do have various impacts on the brain. As do alcohol and tobacco.

I do live it every day first hand. The family next door, has their drug addicted son, who is on disability living with them. He has 9 children by 6 baby mama's, 3 pregnant at the same time. He's just 20, on disability, pays no child support, nor does he watch these kids. Some are dropped off everyday to be watched while baby mama runs the street.

We've had 4 fires, kids left outside unattended at 5 am, we all have to watch these kids, keep them out of the street and from setting fires. We've had drive by shooting, drug deals going down all night long, when his parents are out of town. He lost his drivers license at 18, has had numerous accidents with no insurance, arrested for grand theft 4 times, 6 counts of drug distribution probation all tbe time. We can thank our great mental health system for going to bat to keep his 350 lbs out of jail.

I live in a very nice upscale community and I resent the fact, I can't live in peace. I pay my taxes, I get up everyday and do the right thing. I worked in healthcare and mental health, I know the deal. We don't have any mental hospitals left, the state closed them, no room in the jail and lots of lawyers pleading for someone to help them. Well, as my daddy use to say, you can't help people that won't help themselves! And YES, some so recover from addiction.

Yes, a lot of drugs are prescribed by physicians and finally the federal government is taking action. Just last week, 60 were charged with illegal prescription distribution. These were physicians, nurse practitioners, and pharmacies. Yes, lock them all up!!!

And this week they arrested a drug company officials. I hope they all burn in he!! for what they are doing to our country!! I've been lobbying for years for my state to go after drug companies. Virginia was one of the first state to file sue against drug companies. I just hope and pray some of the funds go for inpatient rehab. that seems to be the most successful treatment.
Sorry SS! We had a similar situation, although not as bad. Next door Mom was psychotic. Crazy stuff happened around that house. The house is for sale now....

So stupid. So utterly stupid. You can't trample on these lowlifes rights, or even look at them sideways, without miles of red tape,and lawsuits.
Children however are just possesions,and have Zero rights.

Yeap, kids only have the rights the state gives them. Apparently living in a clean home from drug abuse is not a right in our country.

Yeap, kids only have the rights the state gives them. Apparently living in a clean home from drug abuse is not a right in our country.
It galls me when someone says the parent/s suffer from drug addiction, munchausen by proxy, blah blah blah.
NO. The children suffer. The children are the victims.
MOO

AJ Freund death: DCFS releases timeline; Community asked to wear blue to remember slain Crystal Lake boy

DCFS timeline for family

"06/07/12: DCFS received a hotline call alleging inadequate supervision. The allegations were that JoAnn is abusing prescription drugs and neglecting her foster child. The report was unfounded and expunged.

12/24/12: DCFS hotline received a call alleging environmental neglect and injurious environment as to her oldest son. The report alleged JoAnn is abusing prescription drugs and has mental health issues. The report was unfounded and expunged.

10/16/13 : DCFS received a hotline report alleging substance misuse by neglect, after JoAnn gave birth to Andrew on 10/14/13. Andrew and JoAnn tested positive for opiates and benzodiazepines. The report was indicated for Substance Misuse. Andrew was removed from his mother's care during the investigation.

11/12/13: DCFS takes protective custody of Andrew.

11/14/13: DCFS is granted temporary custody of Andrew in Juvenile Court. Youth Service Bureau of Illinois is assigned to provide services to the parents and Andrew.

JoAnn and Andrew's father participated in parenting classes, drug treatment and continued to participate in methadone maintenance and individual counseling through a drug treatment program.

June, 2015 Judge orders Andrew returned to the custody of his mother.

Youth Service Bureau worker makes 17 unannounced visits to the parents' home on 6/24/15, 7/1/15, 7/8/15, 7/22/15, 8/5/15, 8/9/15, 8/27/15, 9/1/15, 9/29/15, 10/4/15, 10/26/15, 12/17/15, 1/13/16, 1/21/16, 2/2/16, 2/25/16, and 3/11/16. The worker does not observe any signs of abuse or neglect.
Youth Service Bureau worker makes nine scheduled visits to the parents' home on 6/13/15, 6/17/15, 7/7/15, 7/20/15, 9/9/15, 11/12/15, 12/3/15, 3/24/16 and 4/13/16. The worker does not observe any signs of abuse or neglect.

8/28/15: Worker is informed the father's drug test was invalid.

April, 2016: Andrew's juvenile court case is closed.

03/21/18: DCFS received a hotline report that alleged substantial risk of physical injury/injurious environment and environment neglect against the mother and father. The report alleged that the mother was brought to the emergency room after being found unresponsive in a car. Andrew was observed at the hospital to have odd bruising on his face.
DCFS investigator contacted the parents in unsuccessful attempt to see the children on 03/21/18, 3/29/18 and 4/9/18, 04/25/18 DCFS investigator met with JoAnn, Andrew and his younger brother. JoAnn was interviewed while the boys played outside in the driveway of the home. DCFS investigator observed the boys to be clean and did not find signs of maltreatment.

05/17/18: DCFS investigator completed a final safety assessment of the home. Both boys were observed clean and dressed appropriately. Mother reported a history of drug use and current drug treatment. The home was observed to be clean, neat and adequately furnished.

05/18/18: DCFS investigator verified mother's participation in a drug treatment program. The report from March, 2018 was unfounded and the investigation closed.

12/18/18: DCFS received a hotline report alleging environmental neglect as to both boys and cuts, welts and bruises as to Andrew. After being called to the home by the mother, police observed a large bruise on Andrew's hip. Police observed the ceiling falling down, the floor torn up, and the kids' bedroom smelled of dog urine. JoAnn was arrested for driving on a suspended license and Protective Custody was taken of both children.

12/18/18: DCFS investigator interviewed the boys at Crystal Lake Police Department. DCFS investigator attempted to engage the younger brother who would not talk to the investigator. The child appeared to be healthy and well cared for. Andrew was interviewed and reported that he received the bruise when the family dog pawed him. DCFS investigator interviewed JoAnn at the police station. She stated they were remodeling the home and did admit to dog feces and urine being present in the home. DCFS investigator asked her to take Andrew to Immediate Care after she was bailed out. The father presented to bond mother out. JoAnn requested to be tested for drugs. DCFS investigator ended Protective Custody and children were returned home.

12/18/18: ER Physician examined Andrew and could not state how his injury was caused. The doctor reported injury could have been caused by a dog, belt or a football. The doctor was concerned because Andrew stated that "maybe someone hit me with a belt. Maybe mommy didn't mean to hurt me." DCFS investigator contacted the father to pick the children up from hospital until the home environment can be assessed. The father was asked to remain in the home as a safety precaution.

12/19/18: DCFS investigator conducted an unannounced home visit. The home was observed. The living room and dining room were cluttered with clothes and toys. The kitchen was clean and the floor was missing tile. The ceiling was not falling and investigator sensed a slight odor of dog urine. No feces or urine was observed on the floor. The father reported to the investigator that he did pick the children up from the hospital last night. The father denied any corporal punishment and he denied mother using drugs.

12/20/18: DCFS investigator spoke with the past DCFS investigator regarding her case and findings.

01/04/19: DCFS unfounded the report due to lack of evidence for cuts, welt and bruises allegation.

04/18/19: The police were called to the home in response to Andrew being reported missing and DCFS received a hotline report alleging environmental neglect and inadequate supervision. Police observed the home to have ripped up floors, food lying around and clothes/garbage everywhere.

04/18/19: DCFS investigator arrived at the Crystal Lake Police Department and spoke with the police. Protective custody of younger brother was taken. The younger brother was placed with a licensed foster parent. The younger brother was examined by a medical professional, appeared healthy and showed no obvious visible signs of abuse or neglect.

04/24/19: Police found Andrew's body and arrested JoAnn and Andrew's father on charges of murder and other charges related to his death."

It seems they did not have many photos of him. It's like he did not exist. I guess being taken away at such a young age and for so long did make it difficult be a part of a family for this little guy. It's too bad she did not ask the foster parents to keep him. It would seem cold, but not colder than what they did to him.

Not only having to be removed from his drug addicted parents, but returning at the tender age of 2 only to have a brother arrive within a year. It's so clear that the parents favored the younger child over AJ as if he was only a ward and not their child.

Once he was returned to that pair, AJ never had any chance.

And distressing that there are many, many more children in this situation all over our country.

I'm with you too on that!!It's very simple, lock them up and throw away the key.

And I also agree - My kids are the main focus as well but I feel like I just HAVE to do something. It's a case by case basis and if you don't have the time you don't have to. It's all volunteer work so I know my kids can remain my main focus.

Here is the problem though... jail isn’t working. We’ve been throwing drug users in jail since the inception of the war on drugs and it is simply not working. I certainly don’t have the answers but I guess getting to the root of the issue is part of it.

Once JC withdraws and gets the proper mental health meds, she will look back in shame and horror. She still killed that sweet child and deserves punishment but not all drug users are psychopathic murderers. I am not excusing her abhorrent actions at all.

I would love to see a body language expert look at this photo....

He looks exhausted, bags under eyes, pale, sickly.

His posture is tense, spine straight, and trying to stay as far away from dear ole dad as possible.

Other kid is held, hugged, seemingly happy...
That photo was when she was younger. If you zoom in on the guy next to him he is wearing a sweatshirt I think it might be her older son and Dad Is taking the photo.

Not only having to be removed from his drug addicted parents, but returning at the tender age of 2 only to have a brother arrive within a year. It's so clear that the parents favored the younger child over AJ as if he was only a ward and not their child.

Once he was returned to that pair, AJ never had any chance.
I agree they didn’t care about AJ he was their punching bag and food stamp money for the drugs.

Thank you to those who posted the NW Herald link to order of protection docs in the last thread. I was trying to find it yesterday.

I am so sick at heart over this poor child. And these monsters are expecting another child!!! Why??? I can’t imagine the child is wanted! Did they hope to get a more obedient child with this pregnancy??? I can’t for the life of me understand animals like this!!! I wish we could force sterilization on people like these two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23