GUILTY CO - Semi Driver Arrested After Slamming Into Cars on I-70, Lakewood, multiple deaths, Apr 2019

Gardenista

Reaction score
You can see video of the speeding semi and aftermath here:

Semitrailer slams into commuters, killing at least 1

Update with name of driver:

Semi driver in custody in connection to deadly I-70 crash

LAKEWOOD, Colo. — The driver of a semi that caused a deadly, fiery 28-vehicle crash on I-70 Thursday afternoon will face vehicular homicide charges, authorities said Friday morning.

The driver has been identified as Rogel Lazaro Aguilera.

Ty Countryman with the Lakewood Police Department said 24 cars and four semis were involved in the crash, which killed “multiple people,” though an exact number was not yet available.

I-70 is still closed for that section and I suspect it will be for quite some time. Its going to take a while to clear that mess and then CDOT will have to see if the road is damaged from the fire. This is a very heavily traveled section of road.

I would think that if his brakes had failed you be hearing his horn blowing. I think he was just not paying attention (sleepy or texting or something).

Or it was intentional. I hate to go there but that video.... I'm sure that will come out.

About the 18 minute mark he is fairly close to the fire...so scary with explosions (maybe tires?).

I had to stop watching to leave, to drive on the interstate. Very nerve wracking.

I am afraid to find out who the victims are.

From what I understand there was a smaller earlier accident that was being worked/cleared so the traffic was already stalled. Kind of like sitting ducks, I’m sad to say.
Tysm, I’m having WiFi trouble, do video is impossible to view. Stalled interstate traffic is never cool, especially to a non alert driver approaching from behind. Yikes

It's a miracle only 4 people died.
He's claiming his brakes failed but he had other options if that were true.

If you go to this FB link, there is a FB link in the comments with another video of the truck before the crash:eek:. Not sure if it is true or not, so I won't post the link to the video

KPRC2 / Click2Houston

I will, it was posted by MSM. Unbelievable. He passes the runaway truck ramps, if he was having issues.

107.9 KBPI

Video shows a semitrailer out of control in mountains ahead of fiery I-70 crash

If you go to this FB link, there is a FB link in the comments with another video of the truck before the crash:eek:. Not sure if it is true or not, so I won't post the link to the video

KPRC2 / Click2Houston
wow, if that is the same truck (hard to tell on my small monitor) that driver can forget about his "brakes failed" excuse. He is all over the road. Sleepy is my guess since they don't suspect drugs.

This is the long version of the video clop posted by the MSM that shows the truck speeding by and over an hour of the aftermath. BTW, NSFW due to cursing.

I'm surprised people livestream while driving. That's illegal here - distracted driving. He could've caused several more accidents IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back