Did Darlie Routier murder her precious sons? Part 2

Did Darlie Routier Murder Her Precious Sons ?

• Total voters
Cami, can you elaborate at all on RPD's 1 week or was it 10 or 11 day investigation? Is there any information at all about their investigation of Darin besides that his statement didn't change?

Are you serious?? Phone the RPD and ask them if you want to know about their investigation of Darin. I'm sure they will answer your questions.

Can you elaborate on why blood was wiped from the counter surrounding the sink and why Darlie's bloody footprints were found leading away from the sink but none up to it?

Can you elaborate on why there hasn't been any unknown male DNA found on the evidence tested, i.e. the sock, her nightshirt, the bloody fingerprint on the glass table, the ball cap found in the utility room.

Darin was cleared for a plethora of reasons. There is no physical evidence that says Darin committed murder so he was eliminated from the investigation.

He was the first suspect because he was the only adult that was not injured; however, as forensic evidence started to come in detectives started realize that Darlie's version of events did not add-up. When they gave their written statements Darin's version stayed the same while Darlie's version changed. The focus then switched from Darin to Darlie. But no I can't elaborate any more than that and that's what has been said publicly. They are open to phone calls if you want to call them and ask them why Darin was eliminated as a suspect.

Last edited:
Can you elaborate on why blood was wiped from the counter surrounding the sink and why Darlie's bloody footprints were found leading away from the sink but none up to it?

Can you elaborate on why there hasn't been any unknown male DNA found on the evidence tested, i.e. the sock, her nightshirt, the bloody fingerprint on the glass table, the ball cap found in the utility room.

Are you serious?? Phone the RPD and ask them if you want to know about their investigation of Darin. I'm sure they will answer your questions.

You come on here like you have all the answers with your paragraphs and paragraphs of repetitive info, so I thought you might have a paragraph or two about their investigation. It's really not necessary to be so rude to anyone who doesn't share your opinion.

Last edited:
You come on here like you have all the answers with your paragraphs and paragraphs of repetitive info, so I thought you might have a paragraph or two about their investigation. It's really not necessary to be so rude to anyone who doesn't share your opinion.

If anyone knows this case..it's Christine.That's a fact Jack.

Thank you, I'll check back in a few months in case someone other than Christine has anything to add!

Well I don't know if Pam posts here......that's another one who knows their chit.

I think that her husband used that sock to hold the knife to inflict wounds on Darlie. He used it to prevent fingerprints. I do believe that is why he has defended her all these years. He is as guilty as she is covering up the truth.

I just hate seeing the words Darlie and innocent in the same sentence. Almost 23 years since she slaughtered those boys and it’s still supposed to be poor Darlie languishing on death row when she’s innocent.
Read the trial transcripts. Her wounds were superficial yet Devon and Damon were repeatedly stabbed. Her behaviour during the 911 call, the knife imprint, the scene staging, the dramatic self inflicted injuries that she realised were bleeding too profusely to complete her clean up attempt. Was she fighting? Frightening? Who knows? We do know that she did not try to render aid to any of her dying sons, and cared a whole lot about picking up a murder weapon that the ‘intruder’ dropped on the floor for her to pick up right behind him before he fled after stealing Darin’s sock.
Oh she did it alright. The biggest outrage for me is that she will probably die of natural causes way before a needle goes into her arm. IMO

I was on the fence for years whether she did it or not. However, This episode of Forensic Files:
Convinced me of her guilt. People say she was convicted based upon the infamous “silly string video.” Yes, her behavior in the video is bizarre, but hardly proves she murdered her children. You know what does prove she murdered her children? The forensic evidence. Forensic evidence doesn’t lie! There was never an unknown intruder; she killed those precious boys.

Fun fact: I was born and raised in Kerrville...the town where the trial took place. I still remember the crazy media frenzy.

Last edited:
I was on the fence for years whether she did it or not. However, This episode of Forensic Files:
Convinced me of her guilt. People say she was convicted based upon the infamous “silly string video.” Yes, her behavior in the video is bizarre, but hardly proves she murdered her children. You know what does prove she murdered her children? The forensic evidence. Forensic evidence doesn’t lie! There was never an unknown intruder; she killed those precious boys.

Fun fact: I was born and raised in Kerrville...the town where the trial took place. I still remember the crazy media frenzy.

I watched that as well. I still don't know how they ignored so much evidence. The sock, the finger print, not searching the sewer drain, the footprints. And the blood spatter evidence at the time is not longer considered valid. Now we have a better understanding. It will be interesting to see what comes out of the appeal if granted.

Well! Thanks for sharing that! It sure shows a very different perspective! I dont really feel as bad about her being where she is!...the special I watched before was clearly one sided, but I need to hear more than she had a very odd birthday silly string party at a gravesite, she dressed and acted provocatively, and spent 5 grand on *advertiser censored*....but that was some good info!

There was no intruder wasn’t there a rule on WS about no discussion of intruder because there blatantly wasn’t one or was that another case?
Also rather fishy that this ‘Darlie supporter’ has only been on WS a matter of weeks and has only posted on this forum...
That ridiculous travesty "The Last Defense" has brought all the Darlie kooks out in force. I am not sure about the intruder being off limits on this case, I think it might be on the JonBenet forum. The theory is ridiculous in both cases as it was in the Jeffrey MacDonald case. No intruders in any of those cases. Murderer was right there in the house.

That always bothered me, obviously she knew Drake was unharmed.

That and the fact that she never attempted to aid the boys as they were dying. What mother would not be either trying to save the child, or at least say their last goodbye? Instead she is busy explaining her story to Darrin and the 911 operator.

Yeah anyone who doesn't know the case would be shocked after watching that travesty full of outright lies and misrepresentations. That show was geared to Darlie all the way.

I watched it on 20/20 and yes, it was totally geared to showing her as innocent, but the thing that still struck me was when they showed the old interviews of her, right after she killed her sons, and she was trying so, so hard to cry. The old scrunch up your face and use your whining voice, but not a tear. She finally pushed out a couple when she discussed her arrest. No doubt those were for herself. She really thought she was going to get away with it

Watching the case on Forensic Files again.

I just wondered this, about the bloody sock found in the neighborhood alley did they ever test how far she could have flung it from a distance?

All from FF episode:
So they ask her if she was sexually assaulted because she wasn't wearing underwear. She answered, "well when I woke up I felt some pressure down there". Well her rape kit tested negative.

And also weird was when Darrin was questioned he said, "I can see why someone would break in. A pretty blonde with size 38 double D's". All while his two sons are clinging to life or deceased and he doesn't know yet if his wife is going to make it. What the heck! Bloodhounds also only tracked the scent to the trash can near the bloody sock.

I listened to the 911 call in its entirety a few days ago, I'm not sure I had ever actually heard it. I grew up in DFW, so I remember vividly when this happened.

Anyway, what struck me in the 911 call is she kept saying "who would do this?" She was trying REALLY hard to make it known it was someone else.

I had never seen this episode. Thank you for posting it. Very succinct and very damning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back