OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool Cats and Kyshoegal,

For what it’s worth, Regarding DNA - There is no link for this-Consider it rumor, or a mistake by media or person quoted. Or truth that was to be kept secret.

Around about the time the media was allowed to view the autopsy reports, 9/2018, there was a news article that had additional information. One new piece of information said (paraphrasing) CR Sr had been awake and had been shot thru a door, because of splinters.

Another piece of info stated DNA evidence was found but there was no match to it in the system.

That sentence about DNA was scrubbed from the article very quickly, almost immediately.

You will not find it anywhere.

We do not know if it was incorrect or if it is something that was correct but Prosecutors did not want to be released.

On the OHLEG Audits- what if Angela or one of the W4 somehow pulled reports on the individuals named and that is why they are part of discovery as audits? The word audit instead of report could be to show downloads or access to those records. Just a possibility I was thinking about.

Monitoring
  • To ensure OHLEG is used only for its intended criminal justice purposes and in compliance with Ohio law and OHLEG policies, Attorney General’s Office staff will perform regular random audits. Previous audits have been based on reports of possible misuse.

Sorry if I was snappy, picking up my kids and trying to type in the driveway lol. JMO, I think this will depend on a few things. Who goes to trial first, clearly it makes sense to prosecute the one they have the most substantial case against first...but who is that? Jake had the most motive, but his discovery did not have as much evidence as AW, so does she go first? I have no idea. Do they move the trial? In death penalty cases they are usually very selective from the jury pool and lets face it, picking will be slim there. Especially when you are trying to seat for 4 different trials. I'm interested CC what your thoughts on that are, if you think they have a better chance of conviction in Pike Co or out? I'm conflicted on that one. And I think what we see once the evidence comes out in detail will tell us just how strong the case is.

No prob!...;)....Like you, I also had brought up on here the speculation of who might go first in being tried, and the implications of that. I think that going first is either the best or the worst thing to do, and I think the defense lawyers will advocate for what is in the best interests of their client.

Angela 's attorneys have filed a Motion for a change of venue.....

"One of four capital defendants charged with the 2016 Pike County murders has asked a judge for a change of venue" (but only after they try to seat a Pike County Jury)

Attorneys for Angela Wagner, 48, asked the court to consider moving the case outside Pike County Common Pleas Court to ensure she receives “a fair trial before a jury untainted by pre-trial publicity.”

Wagner’s attorney, Robert Krapenc, said he filed the motion “out of an abundance of caution.”

“My opinion of the process is that I filed a motion so I could preserve the right at a later date,” Krapenc said. “I would probably ask the judge not to rule on that motion until we try to find a jury in Pike County.”
Pike County murders: Mother’s attorney asks court for new venue, to drop death penalty

I believe Jake's trial will be in 2020.

"According to Deering, Ohio law requires criminal trials to begin a maximum of 270 days after an initial arrest. Because Wagner waived his right to a speedy trial, Deering said his trial could begin as late as January 31st 202o."
Wagner murder trials likely many months away - Portsmouth Daily Times

No prob!...;)....Like you, I also had brought up on here the speculation of who might go first in being tried, and the implications of that. I think that going first is either the best or the worst thing to do, and I think the defense lawyers will advocate for what is in the best interests of their client.

Angela 's attorneys have filed a Motion for a change of venue.....

"One of four capital defendants charged with the 2016 Pike County murders has asked a judge for a change of venue" (but only after they try to seat a Pike County Jury)

Attorneys for Angela Wagner, 48, asked the court to consider moving the case outside Pike County Common Pleas Court to ensure she receives “a fair trial before a jury untainted by pre-trial publicity.”

Wagner’s attorney, Robert Krapenc, said he filed the motion “out of an abundance of caution.”

“My opinion of the process is that I filed a motion so I could preserve the right at a later date,” Krapenc said. “I would probably ask the judge not to rule on that motion until we try to find a jury in Pike County.”
Pike County murders: Mother’s attorney asks court for new venue, to drop death penalty

I believe Jake's trial will be in 2020.

"According to Deering, Ohio law requires criminal trials to begin a maximum of 270 days after an initial arrest. Because Wagner waived his right to a speedy trial, Deering said his trial could begin as late as January 31st 202o."
Wagner murder trials likely many months away - Portsmouth Daily Times

I think I read GW 3 also filed to have it moved, again under the same circumstances as you mentioned. I really hope they don't show the trial on TV like the Jodi Arias case because I do not have enough PTO at work :p;)

On the OHLEG Audits- what if Angela or one of the W4 somehow pulled reports on the individuals named and that is why they are part of discovery as audits? The word audit instead of report could be to show downloads or access to those records. Just a possibility I was thinking about.

Monitoring
  • To ensure OHLEG is used only for its intended criminal justice purposes and in compliance with Ohio law and OHLEG policies, Attorney General’s Office staff will perform regular random audits. Previous audits have been based on reports of possible misuse.

Tiff I did not realize that but excellent thought!! It's possible

Tiff I did not realize that but excellent thought!! It's possible

"Because OHLEG is accessible anywhere there is Internet access, it leaves an electronic footprint that agencies can request in an audit to investigate possible abuse."

Edit: Deleted second paragraph as I noticed a difference.

Last edited:
"Because OHLEG is accessible anywhere there is Internet access, it leaves an electronic footprint that agencies can request in an audit to investigate possible abuse."

It would fit count 19 on unauthorized use of property. It appears abuse of the system is a 5th degree felony with that same charge spec.

I like the way you think ...Yes it would

Sorry but the link wont copy. This just in....

SCIOTO COUNTY, Ohio (WSAZ) -- A body was found in Scioto County Friday afternoon.

Ohio State Highway Patrol troopers tell WSAZ a woman was discovered dead near Rarden, Ohio.

The scene is on State Route 73. We're told it is "relatively close" to where human remains were found in Pike County Monday.

No other details are available right now.

We have a crew on the way.

Keep checking the WSAZ App for the latest information.

Is this today?

Edit: Deleted second paragraph as I noticed a difference.

This could be a stretch, but maybe accessing social media since 2014 is something other than Facebook accounts.

Social media definition.
so·cial me·di·a
/ˌsōSHəl ˈmēdēə/
noun
  1. websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking.

OHLEG is for Law Enforcement and certain medical professionals to share information.

The Ohio Law Enforcement Gateway is a state-of-the-art electronic information network that allows Ohio law enforcement agencies to share criminal justice data efficiently and securely.

Don't know.. just offering something different to think about.

I agree w/you on the Scorpion tatt, but I lean toward it possibly connecting to the movie. I agree, too, that White Pines, may just be named after pretty trees that are abundant in OH, but... the connections are sort of an oddity, in a bizarre, (as DeWine worded it), case.

I have this picture in my head that gw3 thinks he’s some type of warrior. But I don’t think he’s intelligent enough to know the history. I think his tattoos are likely pulled from a movie or some other pop culture source.
His not getting into Valhalla for murdering an entire family in the middle of the night because his family didn’t get their way.

I have this picture in my head that gw3 thinks he’s some type of warrior. But I don’t think he’s intelligent enough to know the history. I think his tattoos are likely pulled from a movie or some other pop culture source.
His not getting into Valhalla for murdering an entire family in the middle of the night because his family didn’t get their way.

BBM
Agree!! I don't think they immersed themselves into it as a religion, but, I do think that one or more may have identified with it, through a movie (as is possible the suspects identified with the The Boondock Sts). Then sort of mixed and merged beliefs/movie info, and made it their own. Probably looked up popular tatts, again, making them their own (akin to how I believe the Scorpion is a tatt, made as G3's own, from the Saints movie). Cherry picking what they liked, from them, and tossing the rest. I'm no scholar on Odinism/Heathenism, I just became interested in reading some about it as I know folks who are interested in it, and then, the tatts pop up on G3. Odin can be a scary guy. I think G3 may like being a scary guy w/a soft spot for animals.

This could be a stretch, but maybe accessing social media since 2014 is something other than Facebook accounts.

Social media definition.
so·cial me·di·a
/ˌsōSHəl ˈmēdēə/
noun
  1. websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking.

OHLEG is for Law Enforcement and certain medical professionals to share information.

The Ohio Law Enforcement Gateway is a state-of-the-art electronic information network that allows Ohio law enforcement agencies to share criminal justice data efficiently and securely.

Don't know.. just offering something different to think about.

I think it's great you're thinking out of the box and putting ideas out there, it certainly gives something to think about. Given JW age at the time, I think it is most likely he stalked her FB, IG, SC..mom and dad may have checked into the OLEG though, but anything is possible in this case!!

I think it's great you're thinking out of the box and putting ideas out there, it certainly gives something to think about. Given JW age at the time, I think it is most likely he stalked her FB, IG, SC..mom and dad may have checked into the OLEG though, but anything is possible in this case!!

It is likely that simple (Facebook). I’m just not sure why all 4 would be charged with hacking her account since July 2014 - after death May 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88