Help with the Websleuths Frequently Asked Questions List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, not currently, but there is a whole section on the FAQs I'm drafting. Shouldn't be too much longer and I will link it here :)
Thanks Whiskers16. Question for you on the conversations; we have 21 participants total, some have "left the convo" but are still listed. We want to add new people, but can't because the "leave" option doesn't appear to work. Can you please help us?

Thanks Whiskers16. Question for you on the conversations; we have 21 participants total, some have "left the convo" but are still listed. We want to add new people, but can't because the "leave" option doesn't appear to work. Can you please help us?
If the "invite more" option isn't there for the originator of the conversation then I'm not aware of anything else that can be done. When someone leaves a conversation they have the option to accept any future messages, so just because they've left doesn't necessarily mean they don't keep receiving messages. So I assume that is why when someone leaves they aren't fully gone from the participant list.

When a person joins a conversation, can they see all the earlier comments in that conversation, or only going forward from the point they join?

When a person joins a conversation, can they see all the earlier comments in that conversation, or only going forward from the point they join?

In my experience, you can see the whole conversation from the beginning no matter when you join.

I am trying to delete something I posted...can you please advise how? Thank you

I believe the standard way is to click on the "Report" tab, type an explanation, and send that to a Moderator. Let's see if anyone else lends a hand.

I see most just edit out their post and type 'self deleted'.

The old software allowed us to delete stuff but this new software doesn't seem to allow it.

I see most just edit out their post and type 'self deleted'.

The old software allowed us to delete stuff but this new software doesn't seem to allow it.
Thank you, well-the mods got to it before I could figure it out. Thank you though now I know for future reference.

It might be good to have a FAQ section on: “what is MSM?” Spell it out: “Main stream media.” Hometown newspapers. List the marginal cases: right now there’s a long and pointless discussion going on in one thread about whether the Daily Mail is MSM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam