Still Missing CA - Duke Flores, 6, front yard of his home, Apple Valley, 25 Apr 2019 *Mother and Aunt ARRESTED*

Catching fireflies? I always used to be out in my front yard at 10pm. The majority of the time my parents would be talking to the other neighbors that were parents and all us kids would be playing kickball in the street under the streetlight (the crossing point of the X on the speed bump was home plate for our kickball games).
At 6 years old you were out in the yard? At that age I was in bed no later than 7:30 - 8:00.

Catching fireflies? I always used to be out in my front yard at 10pm. The majority of the time my parents would be talking to the other neighbors that were parents and all us kids would be playing kickball in the street under the streetlight (the crossing point of the X on the speed bump was home plate for our kickball games).

I doubt that they have fireflies in Apple Valley. But anyway, it’s a moot point—the poor child had probably been dead long before that evening. Shocking that they arrested the mother so quickly—I’m assuming the house told an ugly story.

That sounds fun. But I don't think that describes Duke's home life very accurately. :(

I am sure if you had disappeared from the neighbourhood kickball game, someone would have began looking for you immediately, instead of waiting 2 weeks to report you missing.

https://www.vvng.com/aunt-of-missing-6-year-old-charged-with-accessory-to-murder-of-duke-flores/
The Aunt of missing 6-year-old Duke Flores, Jennifer Rachel Contreras, is facing charges of Murder, in addition to Duke’s mother, Jakee Contreras, as previously reported.

Jakee Contreras was arrested, transported and booked into the High Desert Detention Center for Child Neglect for her delay in reporting him missing. Jakee Contreras was later transferred to the West Valley Detention Center.

[...]

Detectives gathered evidence and conducted multiple interviews throughout the day with family members.

On Saturday, April 27th, Homicide Detectives interviewed Jakee Contreras and at the conclusion of her interview she was booked for PC 187 Murder and is being held without bail.

On Saturday, April 27th, detectives arrested Jennifer Contreras (Duke’s aunt), transported and booked her into the High Desert Detention Center for PC 187 Murder where she is being held without bail.

The investigation is ongoing and detectives are continuing the search for Duke Flores.

West Valley Detention Center shows mother arrested for murder
Charges

Case # Charge Court Date Status/Bail
VICTORVILLE, CA 92392" key2="(760) 245-6215"> PC273A(A)
CHILD CRUELTY: INJ/DTH Victorville Superior
04/29/2019 1230 Dept: NF $100000
VICTORVILLE, CA 92392" key2="(760) 245-6215" style="background-color: whitesmoke;"> PC187(A)
MURDER Victorville Superior
04/30/2019 1230 Dept: NF NO BAIL
BBM

PC 273a(a): Any person, who willfully causes or permits any child to suffer unjustifiable physical pain, injury, or mental suffering, or willfully causes or permits that child to be placed in a situation where the child is likely to suffer great bodily injury or death, or the health of the child is endangered, is guilty of the crime of willfully endangering the health of a child [PC 273a(a) Abbr.].
PC 273a(a) Willful Child Endangerment Defense Criminal Defense Attorney: Free Consultation 909.913.3138

Link to inmate search: Inmate Locator – San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department

Sister Jennifer shows a PC32 Accessory charge. Inmate Locator – San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department

California “Accessory After the Fact” – Penal Code Section 32 PC
Accessory to a crime after the fact means that you helped somebody after that person committed a felony crime with the intention that they escape punishment. It is a less serious charge than to help somebody in the planning or commission of a felony crime, but it is still a serious charge. Examples of being an accessory after the fact include:
  • Giving somebody who committed a felony crime a false alibi by saying you were with them, or saw them at a place other than the crime scene during the time when the crime occurred;
  • Letting the person who committed a felony crime hide out in your home;
  • Allowing the person to hide stolen money or valuables on your property;
  • Helping the person escape the police by driving them to another location; or
  • Helping the person hide, dispose of, or destroy incriminating evidence, such as a weapon or bloodstained clothing
[...]

https://www.wklaw.com/practice-areas/accessory-fact-pc-32/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.