GUILTY Canada - Jasmine Lovett, mid 20s, and daughter, 2, Calgary, 16 April 2019 *Arrest*

Yes, that route. As far as his job goes, Paradise fired him last week. Could have been his first job in Canada or his fifth. He managed to do well enough to buy a 300k-ish townhouse and lease or buy a fairly late model Mercedes SUV (looks to be M class based on photos taken of it on the flatbed truck, last year for this was 2015). Yet he needed to take in a roommate in October '18...

I suspect that he is trying to portray himself as "Mr Mom" by claiming that he looked after the little girl. They were tenants, according to him. He stated that he'd been intimate with Jasmine, but she's not his girlfriend. What exactly was she then? Did she know that they were not in a relationship? Did he try to contact his tenants or their family when they vanished? What did he think when his non-girlfriend and her daughter went out on the evening of April 18 and never returned? Or was it April 17 or 16 when this happened? He had a job, so presumably he can figure out when they were last at home.
The dates are one of likely many places he slipped up yesterday when speaking to reporters; I'm sure Calgary Police Service found his statements fascinating. He told one group of reporters he saw his "tenant" and her child on the 18th. A few hours later, he told others it was the 16th or 17th. Boozing and trying to stick to one story clearly don't mix well for Rob Leeming!

Yes, that route. As far as his job goes, Paradise fired him last week. Could have been his first job in Canada or his fifth. He managed to do well enough to buy a 300k-ish townhouse and lease or buy a fairly late model Mercedes SUV (looks to be M class based on photos taken of it on the flatbed truck, last year for this was 2015). Yet he needed to take in a roommate in October '18...

I'm not sure where I read this, but there was another woman "tenant" who lived with him before Jasmine and her daughter were his tenants.

The dates are one of likely many places he slipped up yesterday when speaking to reporters; I'm sure Calgary Police Service found his statements fascinating. He told one group of reporters he saw his "tenant" and her child on the 18th. A few hours later, he told others it was the 16th or 17th. Boozing and trying to stick to one story clearly don't mix well for Rob Leeming!

I'm guessing that he was not on vacation during the week of April 15, but he must have missed work on April 16 to have a "picnic" in Bragg Creek with his tenants. If he called in sick, and in reality he was picnicking, that would be cause for dismissal. Being arrested might also be cause for dismissal, but without being charged, it's a bit of a stretch.

With no tenant and no job, he's going to have a hard time paying his mortgage and car payments.

I'm sure that police are very happy that Robert Leeming introduced himself to media and volunteered all sorts of information.

There seems to be a lot of very stupid criminals in Calgary who think that murdering a child to cover up a murder is the best option.

I'm not sure where I read this, but there was another woman "tenant" who lived with him before Jasmine and her daughter were his tenants.
Interesting. I hadn't read that. I wonder where HIS kid is? On his Facebook page, he posted a few photos of a child that would have been taken in summer of '17--same iron fences as at the Mosaic condo complex. I'd guess the boy would be about 3 or 4 now. Was HIS mom the other "tenant," I wonder?

He's a bit of a dumb criminal. His name was not released to the public, but now it is.

This is interesting (from your link):

"He said she and her daughter are tenants and had been living there for about seven months. Leeming has lived in the home for five years."​

So she was renting a room in his townhouse, and they were intimate but not in a relationship - according to him.

Him speaking to the media reminds me of Ian Huntly doing so after the Soham girls went missing... although maybe I am wrong. We will see.

Interesting. I hadn't read that. I wonder where HIS kid is? On his Facebook page, he posted a few photos of a child that would have been taken in summer of '17--same iron fences as at the Mosaic condo complex. I'd guess the boy would be about 3 or 4 now. Was HIS mom the other "tenant," I wonder?

Another woman was a tenant, I don't know anything about him having a child. Maybe he preys on single mothers.

Him speaking to the media reminds me of Ian Huntly doing so after the Soham girls went missing... although maybe I am wrong. We will see.
It does, indeed! I lived in England then and I will NEVER forget that case--and Ian Huntley and his evil girlfriend, Maxine Carr (who I think had a LOT more to do with his crime than merely perverting the course of justice).

Huntley was very helpful at first, hoping to manipulate the investigation. Police stormed Leeming's property because that's the last place where Jasmine and her daughter were known to be. He's telling silly stories about taking them to Bragg Creek for a nice visit, and, coincidentally, evidence that Jasmine and her daughter were alive came to an end.

He must be confident that the bodies will not be found.

Another woman was a tenant, I don't know anything about him having a child. Maybe he preys on single mothers.
If it's not his kid and he's posting the pics on his page, he's even weirder than he seems. Comments along the lines of "he's growing up, Rob."

Hope he doesn't do weird stuff to the kids :(

If he murdered 22 months old Aliyah Sanderson, then he is definitely capable of doing some really weird stuff to very young children. A 22 month old toddler is no threat whatsoever except by virtue of being alive without a mother.

If Leeming murdered Jasmine, he still had the option of claiming that Jasmine went out for the evening, that he was babysitting, and she didn't come back. He chose the worst possible options to hide his actions.

I'm sure that police have confiscated his passport along with his vehicle, but I do wonder if he'll try to make a run for it.

I'm sure that police have confiscated his passport along with his vehicle, but I do wonder if he'll try to make a run for it.
I wonder if he's back in the condo? I know there's only one road in and out of the complex and I'd imagine there are several officers watching him--especially after his impromtu interviews yesterday.

I wonder if he's back in the condo? I know there's only one road in and out of the complex and I'd imagine there are several officers watching him--especially after his impromtu interviews yesterday.

I watched the one "off the record" interview he gave first, and he said that he was told that he'd be back in the townhouse by the end of the day. He said that he has no one and no where else to go. I suppose you're right. Police will be keeping an eye on him just in case he gets some more bright ideas.

Police continue to investigate possible double murder of Calgary mom and daughter

“He confirmed to CTV News that he owns a grey Mercedes Benz SUV and that it was seized by police earlier this week. He contends police won't find anything in it.

Despite remaining a prime suspect in the case, Leeming maintains his innocence and even says he believes Lovett and her daughter are still alive somewhere.

“Of course not. Of course not. Who says that they’re dead? That’s crazy. I don’t know where they are and that’s the biggest thing is … if they were dead then the CPS would know, right? But they’re not. They don’t know. That doesn’t necessarily mean it has anything to do with me.”

Leeming says Lovett and her daughter rented a room in the townhouse he owns in Cranston and they had been living there since last October. He says he made contact with her through an online ad...”

Police continue to investigate possible double murder of Calgary mom and daughter

“He confirmed to CTV News that he owns a grey Mercedes Benz SUV and that it was seized by police earlier this week. He contends police won't find anything in it.

Despite remaining a prime suspect in the case, Leeming maintains his innocence and even says he believes Lovett and her daughter are still alive somewhere.

“Of course not. Of course not. Who says that they’re dead? That’s crazy. I don’t know where they are and that’s the biggest thing is … if they were dead then the CPS would know, right? But they’re not. They don’t know. That doesn’t necessarily mean it has anything to do with me.”

Leeming says Lovett and her daughter rented a room in the townhouse he owns in Cranston and they had been living there since last October. He says he made contact with her through an online ad...”

Interesting story he has:
They're not dead, but if they are police would know it, and even if they are dead it doesn't have anything to do with me.
After 7 months of living with Jasmine and her daughter, whom he apparently cared for from time to time, he has absolutely no feelings for either of them whatsoever. He is not appealing for anyone who knows something to please come forward, he's simply saying that police can't prove they are dead, and therefore they can't pin it on him.

I wonder if his computer searches include: no body, no crime and alberta canada

I'm curious about the mulch. Why mulch? What does it have to do with decomposition? Bragg Creek is near the mountains and I'm guessing there is lots of forest debris. There must be a specific reason why he had mulch at the same time that they vanished.

Wild thought, but could mulch absorb smell and increase decomposition rate?
We need a chemist!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back