Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018 *husband suspect* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grand juries are impaneled when DA ready to indict, once indictment is rendered the indictment has a expiration clock which has started, so William still wandering the streets means no grand jury!

Grand juries are impaneled when DA ready to indict, once indictment is rendered the indictment has a expiration clock which has started, so William still wandering the streets means no grand jury!
Grand Juries are also used for fact finding. It's very possible a grand jury has met but an indictment wasn't handed down. We don't know because grand jury information is secret. We can pretend to know, we can have an opinion, but the fact is, we do not know.

Last edited:

The grand jury itself, not the DA, makes the determination whether or not there is sufficient evidence to indict; that is its purpose. But you are correct in the sense that he must currently not be under indictment at this time

Grand Juries are also used for fact finding. It's very possible a grand jury has met but an indictment wasn't handed down. We don't know because grand jury information is secret. We can pretend to know, we can have an opinion, but the fact is, we do not know.

Great post, Tillicum. I'm sure he'll find some way to discredit you.

Loved ones remember Cheryl Coker on first birthday since disappearance

We attempted to talk to William Coker at his Riverside home but a family member asked us to leave saying the birthday without Cheryl was one of the worst since she had disappeared.

Detective Travis Abney with Riverside Police told us before the birthday event that the case was still being actively investigated and he was optimistic they would solve the crime. However, he was unable to share any details about the open investigation at this time.

Quoting myself because I pondered this for awhile after reading it.

We learned that Bill did not want Cheryl to divorce him, right? It could just be that he wanted her added income while he got some on the side. But Cheryl clearly loved him at one time and IMO he didn't want to lose her love, affection, care and the security of normalcy at home. I think he wanted his fling but wanted her around once he was done with the girlfriend. Once Cheryl filed for divorce, I think things quickly spiraled out of control for him and he eventually snapped and killed her. I guess what I'm getting at is I think now Bill regrets what he did, not just because he could get busted but because he really does miss her and love her in his own (selfish) way.

He hasn't just lost Cheryl but he's lost her family and friends as well. His family has lost Cheryl too and I'm sure some of them suspect he killed her. The girlfriend is probably wearing on his nerves by now and isn't doing all those things Cheryl did when she was there. Anyway, I think it's possible (maybe not likely) that he'll soon turn himself in. I think her birthday could be a turning point JMO.

We learned that Bill did not want Cheryl to divorce him, right? It could just be that he wanted her added income while he got some on the side. But Cheryl clearly loved him at one time and IMO he didn't want to lose her love, affection, care and the security of normalcy at home. I think he wanted his fling but wanted her around once he was done with the girlfriend. Once Cheryl filed for divorce, I think things quickly spiraled out of control for him and he eventually snapped and killed her. I guess what I'm getting at is I think now Bill regrets what he did, not just because he could get busted but because he really does miss her and love her in his own (selfish) way.

He hasn't just lost Cheryl but he's lost her family and friends as well. His family has lost Cheryl too and I'm sure some of them suspect he killed her. The girlfriend is probably wearing on his nerves by now and isn't doing all those things Cheryl did when she was there. Anyway, I think it's possible (maybe not likely) that he'll soon turn himself in. I think her birthday could be a turning point JMO.

You have a very reasonable and measured outlook on this case

SCIOTO COUNTY, Ohio (WSAZ) -- UPDATE 4/26/19 @ 3:45 p.m.
Investigators say a woman's body found Friday afternoon near Rarden does not appear to be a homicide case.

Anybody missing from that area of Ohio? There certainly are a lot of bodies turning up. I hope to read some day that Cheryl’s body’s been found

SCIOTO COUNTY, Ohio (WSAZ) -- UPDATE 4/26/19 @ 3:45 p.m.
Investigators say a woman's body found Friday afternoon near Rarden does not appear to be a homicide case.

I agree, but much as we all assume Cheryl's case is a homicide case, it hasn't been proven either way as yet.

I really don't think this is Cheryl either, but since it is has been posted on the Facebook discussion page, I shared it.

Yours is a super interesting take, and you may be on to something.

Neighbors don't find him particularly social and there have been many that have shared his awkwardness vs. Cheryl's vibrant presence (reddit and FB sources). If William's anti-social, the whole neighborhood's going to be a freak show to him after this, and I bet he may be missing Cheryl in her ability to deal with it all.

William seems pretty flat in emotions and reactions considering the audio interview we've heard and the costco interview we've read.

Opposites attract; and they were probably very good in the beginning. I agree; she adored him at one time.

If they were indeed in an open marriage and were co-dating with others on the same night (as William & gf have implied in police interviews), then I don't get why she would file for divorce and he would send the infamous "thanks for putting the nail in my coffin" later. I can't reconcile both worlds. Did she make that much more money?
Is the house in her name? I can't imagine because he was adamant according to family (FB) that she move out before he came back from Florida. And why "the nail in my coffin"? Costco fires no one unless they steal merchandise and are caught, or have called out sick 150x a year. They don't care who you might be sleeping with...

And WHY would he ask HER to move out by the time he got back from Florida? That makes no sense from the limited information we have.

Neighbors don't find him particularly social and there have been many that have shared his awkwardness vs. Cheryl's vibrant presence (reddit and FB sources). If William's anti-social, the whole neighborhood's going to be a freak show to him after this, and I bet he may be missing Cheryl in her ability to deal with it all.

William seems pretty flat in emotions and reactions considering the audio interview we've heard and the costco interview we've read.

Opposites attract; and they were probably very good in the beginning. I agree; she adored him at one time.

If they were indeed in an open marriage and were co-dating with others on the same night (as William & gf have implied in police interviews), then I don't get why she would file for divorce and he would send the infamous "thanks for putting the nail in my coffin" later. I can't reconcile both worlds. Did she make that much more money?
Is the house in her name? I can't imagine because he was adamant according to family (FB) that she move out before he came back from Florida. And why "the nail in my coffin"? Costco fires no one unless they steal merchandise and are caught, or have called out sick 150x a year. They don't care who you might be sleeping with...

And WHY would he ask HER to move out by the time he got back from Florida? That makes no sense from the limited information we have.

That's something else I've been pondering ;) As far as him demanding that she move out, maybe that's when he found out she was interested in another man. Maybe he didn't really know she was seeing anyone until just before the Florida trip. IDK how many men I've known who cheated on their wives but lost it when they found out their wives had been unfaithful too. To be fair I know a few women who've cheated on their husbands but demanded a divorce when learning their husbands had cheated too.

As far as the "nail in my coffin" I'm gonna take a big guess and suggest someone else at Costco overreacted and said "OMG now look what will happen to us here ...". I'm not defending Bill in any way but I think he was being influenced majorly by someone. Someone who wanted him mad enough at Cheryl to kick her out of that house. Someone who is probably driving him crazy now. He's probably constantly thinking WTH have I done?

I have been conversing via another site with some of Cheryl’s close friends, and learned some interesting things , I had asked if William pawned her wedding/ engagement rings after the disappearance, I was told cheryl had already did that to pay for the divorce,
As per Cheryl’s personal effects they came all Cheryl’s belongings are still in the home
Does anyone know if William is maintaining the outside side of the home , lawn care, spring cleanup etc...or is it going to hell, I have been meaning to drive by the home but I have very ill

What is William going to tell the daughter on mother’s day, I am really surprised that the daughter hasnt confronted him asking for the truth,
How is this daughter going to handle the day if it ever comes that the police make a house call and arrest him, is she going to be able to handle the loss of both parents.....

I have been conversing via another site with some of Cheryl’s close friends, and learned some interesting things , I had asked if William pawned her wedding/ engagement rings after the disappearance, I was told cheryl had already did that to pay for the divorce,
As per Cheryl’s personal effects they came all Cheryl’s belongings are still in the home
Does anyone know if William is maintaining the outside side of the home , lawn care, spring cleanup etc...or is it going to hell, I have been meaning to drive by the home but I have very ill

What is William going to tell the daughter on mother’s day, I am really surprised that the daughter hasnt confronted him asking for the truth,
How is this daughter going to handle the day if it ever comes that the police make a house call and arrest him, is she going to be able to handle the loss of both parents.....
I feel so bad for the daughter. I think she has family on both sides who will love her and help her to get through this.

Is the GF still a major player in Williams life, are they playing house on Cristy Lane or separately

I feel so bad for the daughter. I think she has family on both sides who will love her and help her to get through this.

I agree. Think she still pulls for her dad; and he probably thrives off it.

Is the GF still a major player in Williams life, are they playing house on Cristy Lane or separately

I've heard she's there once or twice a week overnight. "Neighbor witnesses" so take with a grain of salt. She has a complete life outside William, it's not like she's homeless. She has adult children. They should be freaking out.

So in answer to your question, she's not living in Cheryl's home, but lingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd