CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
That can be your opinion, but it's clear to me that not everyone shares that opinion. I know that you are active in the L&C chat, I am sure you have read some of the same comments there that I have, and I think you would agree that not everyone shares that opinion?

But that's what the defense is presenting IMO and they are hoping that there isn't 12 of you on the jury :D

Yes, quite a few anonymous chatters pop in with the 'Merritt isn't guilty no matter how big you prove he is all day long' theme. I don't mind, we're all entitled to our viewpoint. :D

There would have been no cluttering up done IMO A lot of what they presented was evidence surrounding the QB's entries, the cheques, the bank records of Merritt. Not sure there would be any other evidence that they could have or would have had to present to prove whether he was guilty of theft or fraud. JMO

If you are putting someone on trial for a quadruple murder, you are not going to deflect the focus to check forging and theft, and try that smaller crime as well. I rarely see that happen. JMO

There would have been no cluttering up done IMO A lot of what they presented was evidence surrounding the QB's entries, the cheques, the bank records of Merritt. Not sure there would be any other evidence that they could have or would have had to present to prove whether he was guilty of theft or fraud. JMO

Maybe they are holding back those charges so they can nail him if he walks away from the murder charges?

I thought of that, but then the statute of limitations has probably run its course by now.
I looked into this a while back. In California the statutes of limitations begin when the crime of theft is discovered, not when it was done. They probably didn't charge him with theft because quadruple murder trumps anything else.

Inconsistency -

This family was alive until the morning.

he was wearing again green t-shirt white little shorts and white socks, things he would sleep in.

...That shows that Joseph’s still alive when that car is leaving at 7.47. I don’t know who was there. He’s still alive doing business. He’s alive ‘til the morning of the 5th.

What the evidence is consistent with is, we’re gonna show, that it’s a DNA transfer. [...] It’s transferred by the last person Joseph saw that day – Chase. They met for lunch. They shook hands.

I have no doubt the statute of limitations would have run out by then. If they were going to do it, it should have been charged in 2014.
Yes probably did, but the QB's theft and forging JM's signature and impersonating a murder victim all point to motive and that only CM called QB's to get Joey's accounts deleted for reasons we have already stated, which proves undoubtedly IMO that he is the murderer. Therefore this made it all part of the State's case against Merritt.

In Fact F:

"Well, there was also fingerprints found from inside the Trooper, they don’t know who they belong to. Not Chase. It’s not the family. And where were those fingerprints found? Right there on that coffee mug. But ‘we’ll skip that – doesn’t meet our theory’."

Is my memory totally shot (a good possibility)? I don't recall mention of a coffee mug with unknown fingerprints on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304