Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #95

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I think looking at the new moving vid and not just the screen captures from that vid, he has a gun and is ready to pull it out. IMO.

It is terrible but helpful to understand *possibly* his method of coercion.
I agree with you. The police have stated the attack begins immediately after the video clip.

LE issued a clarification on the date the vehicle was parked and that the building was abandonded (not the car)

Indiana State Police releases clarification points on Delphi murder suspect

That was a very helpful clarification. First time around, they made it sound as if the car had been abandoned there. Mentioning that particular car again seems very key. I'm assuming (JMO) this was the car the suspect used. Makes sense he would park it there. LE knows who owns it.

In the latest presser, LE touched on some information some of us knew about, but had not heard it from "official" sources. Information shared early on and possibly more recently by witnesses, who claim a vehicle was parked at the abandoned Dept. of Social Services building, during the hours in question on Feb. 13th, 2017. LE are looking for more information about that vehicle, and would to hear from the owner.

The building was demolished/razed in mid-2018.

Here are two handy images of the building, one shows C.R. 300 and I drew a line where the main trail to the MHB begins. My theory up to this point was that BG may have parked at the DSS building, but may have moved his vehicle to the cemetery further down C.R. 300. Now, I'm thinking the was parked at the DSS building the whole time. Kinda makes sense, the parking area by the trail, where A&L were dropped off, could handle maybe 3 vehicles. People pulling into the parking area would more likely take note of a vehicle parked there, vs. driving by something parked at the abandoned DSS building. Just trying to frame this in a psychological sense.

One image is from a video posted to YouTube in late October. 2016, from a user who wanted to show how to get to the trail and parking area. The other is from a MSM video, the words on the image wrongly indicate the girls were still missing, the video is from after they were found and shows the DSS building.

The YT user came from the south on IN 25. When I was out there Summer of '17, I came from the north on 25. That highway has been there since roughly 2014. There are no indications that MHB is in that area, no signs on 25, none on C.R. 300. You have to know it's there, I can't stress this enough, and it's easy to drive right by the former parking area, which is now blocked off most of the time and on private property. I almost missed it while driving through there. One sign is set back from the road a bit, easy to miss.

It takes roughly one minute to drive from the DSS building to the former parking area, walking would take probably 5-6 minutes or so via the trail (the trailhead is near to the old parking area).

JMO

Do you know anything about the fire in that building? It had to be after the murders but before it was demolished (razed).

Last edited:
That was a very helpful clarification. First time around, they made it sound as if the car had been abandoned there. Mentioning that particular car again seems very key. I'm assuming (JMO) this was the car the suspect used. Makes sense he would park it there. LE knows who owns it.

What makes you believe that?

I wonder why they need someone else to corroborate.

(bbm)

Honestly, no way to know for sure, but it may have been Libby was surreptitious in the filming and she outsmarted him with a brave move. He simply didn’t understand what she was doing but was in a one track mindset.
They were both such brave, smart girls. I surely wouldn't have been thinking ahead in that situation like Libby did. I hope this sick individual is brought to justice soon so they can rest peacefully.

You know something that kind of stood out to me. It was all math in my brain, but I think they were all pretty close in age - as far as when they were born.

Lyric Cook was 10 and Elizabeth Collins was 8 when they were killed in 2012. I’ve never forgotten their case and I hope we get an answer as to weather they are linked one day.

Do you know anything about the fire in that building? If so was it before or after the murders?

I'm not aware of any fire. Was it a controlled burn for training?

MSM source for the new info:

Community hopeful after new images, audio released of suspected Delphi killer

Indiana State Police say they are looking for the driver of a vehicle parked at the old CPS/DCS/Welfare building that was abandoned on the east side of CR 300 N next to the Hoosier Heartland Highway between noon and 5 p.m. Feb. 13, 2017. That's the day 14-year-old Libby and 13-year-old Abby went missing. Their bodies were found the next day just out of sight of the bridge. Police did not give a description of the vehicle.

"abandoned" is the term they used at the presser. I think a more appropriate term would be "unoccupied", the vehicle was not abandoned. It was there by the building, then it wasn't at some time in the afternoon.

JMO

Lyric Cook was 10 and Elizabeth Collins was 8 when they were killed in 2012. I’ve never forgotten their case and I hope we get an answer as to weather they are linked one day.
So what I think @CSIDreamer is thinking that they would’ve been peers.

Lyric born 2002
Libby born 2002
Abby born 2003
Elizabeth born 2004

Please correct me if I’m wrong, I don’t want to step on anyone’s toes.

Then the question becomes - if the murderer knew Libby had a cellphone and she was videoing him, why wouldn’t he have just taken it from her or demanded she hand it over at some point in time prior to causing their deaths?

If the cellphone recorded conversation after the words “down the hill” were spoken, I don’t believe the murderer knew he was being recorded.
I don't think he did either. He may have seen them taking pictures earlier, but if Libby had the phone down by her side I don't think he knew she had been taking a video capable of recording sound.
Also, it looks like he is deliberately avoiding looking at them, as if he doesn't want them to know he is about to turn toward them until the very last minute. Imo

Do you think any members of law enforcement will be interviewed on the HLN special? It would be good to get some additional information on some points from the press conference if it doesn’t harm the investigation.

I hope they have BG’s sketch 2 up in grocery stores, diners, gas stations and fast food place in Delphi. He must have to leave the house to get stuff done.

I'm not aware of any fire. Was it a controlled burn for training?

MSM source for the new info:

Community hopeful after new images, audio released of suspected Delphi killer

"abandoned" is the term they used at the presser. I think a more appropriate term would be "unoccupied", the vehicle was not abandoned. It was there by the building, then it wasn't at some time in the afternoon.

JMO

No it was a fire inside the DSS building, it was gutted. It had to have been after the murders. Someone called Delphi City Council and asked them about it and all they could remember was the fire happened before the building was demolished in early fall of 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann