KS KS - Megan Foglesong, 22, Alden, 25 Nov 2015

Search warrant executed in Rice Co. missing person case

Search warrant executed in Rice Co. missing person case
Article dated Feb 16, 2017:

[...]

Undersheriff Chad Murphy says search warrant was conducted in part of the ongoing investigation by the Sheriff's Office and the KBI into disappearance of Megan Foglesong.

[...]

AT, who lives across from the house in question, says multiple law enforcement agencies were searching for hours. She said, "there were cops blocking off both ends of the street. A crime scene unit in front of the house. There were people everywhere."

KAKE News reached out to Foglesong's stepmother, Dawn, who says she is aware of the search warrant and anxious for more answers. She said, "the only thing I care about right now is just finding her, no matter what has happened. Just so we know and we aren't spending the rest of our lives wondering what happened."

At this time, no arrest has been made nor criminal charges filed regarding the disappearance of Foglesong.

[...]

(name changed to initials by me)

The Vanishing of Megan Renee Foglesong

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk
  • Megan's Biological Mother Pam Lewis lives in Kansas.
  • Megan was in a relationship with David Madden who she met through Pam.
  • David Madden was once romantically involved with Megan's biological mom Pam.
  • Megan was frequently physically and psychologically abused by David.
  • David Madden once kidnapped Megan, Placed her in a straight jacket at gunpoint, and threatened to beat her.
  • David and Megan had broken up several times due to her being abused.
  • Was reported missing on 2/10/2016. Megan's lifestyle was the reason why there was a delay in reporting her missing. She was known to be spontaneous. But she never went extended lengths of time without contacting family or friends.
  • November 30th she replied to a message a friend stating she was at her boyfriend's house again. (David Madden)
  • On December 1st David Madden informed the local Sheriff that Megan had stolen from him and that they had got into an argument and she left.
  • On December 7th a friend she had received help from during Thanksgiving received a text reply stating "I'm fine." The friend is not sure that the text was from Megan.
  • Police state that Megan's phone records are a dead end since she had a prepaid phone number. Her prepaid carrier doesn't keep records after 10 days.
  • One of Megan's friends stated she received a call from Megan requesting her to pick her up. And that Megan was walking along a rural road in the rain. The friend was unable to do so at the time.
  • Police have searched a farm and the Arkansas River based on tips received.
  • There has been insinuation that Megan's disappearance is also connected to another missing persons case. (Charles McHenry)
  • Pam was interviewed briefly for The Vanished Podcast and one thing that is interesting is she kept referring to Megan in the past tense. Like she knew her daughter was dead.
  • Pam stated she was informed that Megan left to go to Colorado with someone else. (With one of David's friends)
  • Pam has stated that she doesn't believe that David had anything to do with Megan's disappearance. She believes that its one of David's friends.
  • Its said that Megan's relationship with her mother Pam was competitive.
  • Pam was known as a "Party Mom".
  • Dawn was informed by two of Megan's friends that Megan informed them that if she ever came up missing David did it.
  • Not long after Megan disappeared one of David's friends had committed suicide. There was speculation that he may have known something about her disappearance. Friend being Cody Wayne Bryant.
  • David will not speak to Megan's Family or help with searching for her.
  • There was an unconfirmed sighting around Christmas at Guy's Liquor in Larned, Kansas. (This tip according to authorities "Didn't pan out".)

The Vanishing of Megan Renee Foglesong

That's a really good rundown of the case, and some interesting links at the bottom. Especially the military case. He may not have been an accessory, but it's a weird coincidence.
On Feb 26, 2017, a search warrant was issued on David Madden's house.

D.Madden.jpg

304 Steinmetz St. Alden, Kansas

FEB 10, 2019
Search for Kansas woman missing for 3 years

APR 24, 2019
Bring Megan Home
Feds indict two area residents
David L. Madden, 37, Alden, is charged with one count of unlawful possession of a machine gun. The crime is alleged to have occurred Feb. 22, 2017, in Rice County.

If convicted, he faces up to 10 years in federal prison and a fine up to $250,000. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives investigated. Assistant U.S. Attorney Alan Metzger is prosecuting.

:eek: Whoa!

Update 9 p.m. Monday, April 29, 2019

[...]

Court documents say Madden, who served in the U.S. Marine Corps, smuggled an AK-47 into the United States from Iraq. That same document says a KBI agent investigating the case of a missing woman named Megan Foglesong received information that Madden was suspected to be involved with explosives or explosive materials. This agent the notified the ATF, court documents say.

Foglesong, then 21, was last seen in 2015 in Alden, Kan. This is where Madden lives, records show. Police haven't identified Madden as a suspect in Foglesong's case, but he is listed as "a person of interest."

[...]

Update 7:40 p.m. Monday, April 29, 2019

[...]

The KBI says Sheriff Bryant Evans was shot in the leg and taken to a hospital in Lyons. Undersheriff Chad Murphy was shot in the neck and transported to Wichita, the KBI says.

The KBI identifies the man suspected of shooting them as 37-year-old David L. Madden.

Update 6:50 p.m. Monday, April 29, 2019

An official with Rice County says there is currently no threat to the public, although a search for a suspect continues after two officers with the Rice County Sheriff's Office were shot in Sterling.

[...]

Update 6:35 p.m. Monday, April 29, 2019

The Kansas Bureau of Investigation tells us two deputies with the Rice County Sheriff's Office have been shot.

[...]

Shooting critically injures Rice Co. Undersheriff; Sheriff also shot
The KBI says the suspect remained in a standoff with authorities late Monday.

Rice Co. Sheriff, Undersheriff shot, search for suspect
Law enforcement have surrounded a rural residence in Rice County where they believe the suspect is.

Updated: Rice County Sheriff, Undersheriff shot; suspect surrounded
[...]

There were unconfirmed reports Madden’s father, Tom Madden, also had been shot. Law enforcement’s search for Madden led to Alden, where a residence he had lived in was cordoned off. Emergency vehicles also swarmed a rural residence west of Alden, and efforts to arrest David Madden were ongoing as of 9 p.m.

[...]

In Alden, north and west of Sterling, officers cordoned off a residence on a dirt street. Most law enforcement vehicles, however, were traveling west past Alden to a rural residence. Madden’s father, Tom Madden, had a Raymond-area address, west of Alden.

[...]

I'm not familiar with this case before now. How the heck is Madden walking free?
:eek::confused::eek:
I hope they find him before he harms anyone else!
Me neither, until I heard the BOLO & then an LE friend texted asking for prayers for the downed officers (I’m a few counties away). This is one freaking scary dude!!

I hope his dad is ok.

Me neither, until I heard the BOLO & then an LE friend texted asking for prayers for the downed officers (I’m a few counties away). This is one freaking scary dude!!

I hope his dad is ok.

So scary! Sending prayers that the officers and his dad recover.

Is there a scanner channel we can listen to? Is anyone listening down in the scanner thread?

MOO.

Annette Lawless

The shooting suspect tonight had been in a relationship with Megan Foglesong, a woman whom we've shared in our Missing in Kansas reports at KAKE-TV.

Now, I do want to note that David Madden has *NOT* been named a suspect in that case. The Kansas Bureau of Investigation has been rather quiet on her case, but it remains under investigation.

This winter, I met up with folks who put together a vigil for Megan's 25th birthday.

I've been speaking to those people and Megan's family tonight. They feel uneasy and fear for their safety. Understandable. I appreciate, though, that they've been so open and willing to communicate with us.

Since our report this February, I've had some strange tips. One came in the mail to me, Megan's family and the KBI. It was an anonymous letter, which pointed fingers at what happened to Megan. I've given the info to the KBI, but have kept the letter (they didn't ask for it.)

I'll be looking over it again and will share more on Good Morning Kansas Tuesday.

BBM

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back