OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnipped>

Also , I'm I the only one who's noticed the similarities between this disappearance and the Brian Shafer disappearance ? In both instances, there are 2 men and one woman out on the town. The missing men were both drunk. The missing men were both very tired, TD from long hours at work, BS from med school exams. The male friends' behaviours are dubious at best. They even started the evenings with trips to a Lone Star Steakhouse. I'm weirded out now.

“...I'm I the only one who's noticed the similarities between this disappearance and the Brian Shaffer disappearance ? In both instances, there are 2 men and one woman out on the town. The missing men were both drunk. The missing men were both very tired, TD from long hours at work, BS from med school exams. The male friends' behaviours are dubious at best. ”

Yes! I was thinking the same thing today.
In 2006 Brian Shaffer disappeared in the same general area of Columbus, at least within about 7 miles. He was last seen in a bar near campus.
Both men were of a similar age and just vanished.
I think there is a remote possibility the two incidents are related, even though so many years have gone by.

Last edited by a moderator:
“...I'm I the only one who's noticed the similarities between this disappearance and the Brian Shaffer disappearance ? In both instances, there are 2 men and one woman out on the town. The missing men were both drunk. The missing men were both very tired, TD from long hours at work, BS from med school exams. The male friends' behaviours are dubious at best. ”

Yes! I was thinking the same thing today.
In 2006 Brian Shaffer disappeared in the same general area of Columbus, at least within about 7 miles. He was last seen in a bar near campus.
Both men were of a similar age and just vanished.
I think there is a remote possibility the two incidents are related, even though so many years have gone by.
You should look at Joey Labute as well.

If there was a copy of the 911 tape made when Tyler Davis went missing do you have to link the tape here to comment on it?

I heard the copy on Facebook but cannot link it on here. :( A lot of people were kind of irritated with the way BD sounded on it.

I have followed many missing persons cases and this one is very strange to me because of the public reaction. It seems really obvious to me that a drunk man wandered off, got lost and unfortunately perished. We have seen it dozens of time even in very populated areas.
I did listen to all the wife’s interviews and even if some of the details are “off”, to me it doesn’t change the outcome of what happened to Tyler.
My opinion aside, does anyone think public has been disproportionately accusatory in this case?
I find that people want there to be a bad guy in every case. Even in cases of obvious suicide, after the fact people are suspicious and want someone to blame. I don’t know why people desire foul play over accident or suicide as the existence of a perpetrator makes that situation so much worse for the victim and society. But you’ll see people arguing foul play in every case to the exclusion of all available evidence.

I find that people want there to be a bad guy in every case. Even in cases of obvious suicide, after the fact people are suspicious and want someone to blame. I don’t know why people desire foul play over accident or suicide as the existence of a perpetrator makes that situation so much worse for the victim and society. But you’ll see people arguing foul play in every case to the exclusion of all available evidence.

i can only speak for myself here, but there are just some cases that don't sit right with me when claimed to be suicides, be it by law enforcement or family. it's not about wanting there to be a bad guy, it's that the official story leaves me feeling unsettled and i'm left with more questions than answers. i realize there is no merit in solving crimes or riddles with "feelings," but sometimes hunches lead to further investigation which can actually produce different outcomes. i don't believe i'm alone in thinking this way.

pertaining to this case, BD has been treated pretty harshly, and i do not agree with that. however, her story has flip-flopped around a bit. that leads to lack of trust from me (and i would assume, the general public, too.) and when there is a lack of trust about one thing, it grows into general distrust about everything. MOO.

I'm not really sure what can or cannot be discussed here, so I'm going hypothetical here.
If the Google location date of Tylers phone would show a route through 'the woods' of the Easton Oval, in the direction of Abbott labs. And then into the Abbott parking lot, all the way to the Abbott building and then diagonally across the parking lot towards the intersection on Stelzer road, there is IMO ONE logical explanation. Tylers phone must have been in a car that was parked in the parking lot of Abbott labs. In order to leave the parking lot, you have to drive towards the building and back to get out of the parking lot.

Last edited:
I'm not really sure what can or cannot be discussed here, so I'm going hypothetical here.
If the Google location date of Tylers phone would show a route through 'the woods' of the Easton Oval, in the direction of Abbott labs. And then into the Abbott parking lot, all the way to the Abbott building and then diagonally across the parking lot towards the intersection on Stelzer road, there is IMO ONE logical explanation. Tylers phone must have been in a car that was parked in the parking lot of Abbott labs. In order to leave the parking lot, you have to drive towards the building and back to get out of the parking lot.

As far as we know the last sign of life of Tyler was the call to B from 'the woods', which in this hypothesis, must have been the woody area inside the Easton Oval.

But what could have happened after that, for his phone to end up in a car that was parked in the Abbott labs parking lot? And who was in that car?
Just the phone, or both Tyler and his phone?

Let's say Tyler passes out in the woods, gets robbed, hit in the head or whatever and someone takes the phone, goes to his car in the Abbott parking lot, starts to drive out of the parking lot when (accidently) calling B. That person says nothing and switches off the phone or throwing it into a manhole or whatever.

In that case Tyler will not be on camera in that parking lot, but someone else will.

Last edited:
I would like to find out some things about the Abbott parking lot and I hope someone can help me out (a local)?

If someone was parked there, would that person have to be someone working at Abbott labs. Or is that parking lot freely accessible to anyone (after work hours)?
How about cameras?

Some more thinking out loud.

B thinks Tyler was taken. How could that have taken place?

Tyler calls B from 'the woods' and ends the call. Someone followed Tyler and finds him passed out, hits him in the head or manages to drug T. The person leaves Tyler unconscious in 'the woods' takes Tylers phone so he can't call anyone if he wakes up. The person walks/runs to his car parked in the Abbott parking lot and gets in the car. Drives out of the parking lot when (accidentally) calling B. Person switches off the phone or throws it into water. Drives to the Easton Oval to fetch Tyler from the woods. Person could have said when caught that he was fetching his drunk friend and drives off with Tyler in the car.

Verifiable: someone walking to a parked car in Abbott parking lot. Car pulling out of the parking lot. Same car heading for Easton Oval. And leaving Easton Oval

Second hypothesis:

Tyler meets someone in the woods. And that person offers him a ride to the Hilton. He either tells Tyler to wait while he gets the car. Or they both walk to the car and both can be seen on camera.

It is crazy to me that every time someone tries to help by organizing searches or starting discussions they are berated and lied about.
It unfortunate. Everyone here has the same goal.

I have wondered if maybe Tyler was depressed! B shared a picture of T and his son. In the background on the refrigerator there is a white board. It says “Be strong...Don’t give up”.
Has anyone found anything to support this theory?

I would like to find out some things about the Abbott parking lot and I hope someone can help me out (a local)?

If someone was parked there, would that person have to be someone working at Abbott labs. Or is that parking lot freely accessible to anyone (after work hours)?
How about cameras?
I am not local but I thought it was discussed that Abbott had cameras and a guard shack ?

Some more thinking out loud.

B thinks Tyler was taken. How could that have taken place?

Tyler calls B from 'the woods' and ends the call. Someone followed Tyler and finds him passed out, hits him in the head or manages to drug T. The person leaves Tyler unconscious in 'the woods' takes Tylers phone so he can't call anyone if he wakes up. The person walks/runs to his car parked in the Abbott parking lot and gets in the car. Drives out of the parking lot when (accidentally) calling B. Person switches off the phone or throws it into water. Drives to the Easton Oval to fetch Tyler from the woods. Person could have said when caught that he was fetching his drunk friend and drives off with Tyler in the car.

Verifiable: someone walking to a parked car in Abbott parking lot. Car pulling out of the parking lot. Same car heading for Easton Oval. And leaving Easton Oval

One camera on the corner of the building. Building is across from a bank (Huntington, I think). I would think the bank would have cameras. But, not too sure about how the visual would be in the dark.

I am not local but I thought it was discussed that Abbott had cameras and a guard shack ?
I saw that on Google maps. But are they manned 24/7, 7 days a week? And are the barriers down all the time?

Also, if Tyler wasn't in a car, but for whatever reason walked all the way up to the Abbott building, would there have been a guard in the parking lot?

Second hypothesis:

Tyler meets someone in the woods. And that person offers him a ride to the Hilton. He either tells Tyler to wait while he gets the car. Or they both walk to the car and both can be seen on camera.
The only way that I believe this would be possible IMO...JMO... Is if it was someone he knew, who was specifically meeting him there. Who is hanging out in the woods in 29° weather with 17 mph winds in February? IMO... Not many, if anyone at all.

The only way that I believe this would be possible IMO...JMO... Is if it was someone he knew, who was specifically meeting him there. Who is hanging out in the woods in 29° weather with 17 mph winds in February? IMO... Not many, if anyone at all.
Well, that's actually something I was wondering about. What is going on at the Easton Oval after dark? Nothing? Or all kinds of 'activity' and I don't mean people walking their dog. People looking for sex, drugs, youth hanging out, drinking? It's an ideal meeting place for people looking for sex. Parking lots all around, 'woods' with privacy. An ideal place to pick someone up. What if that's what's happening there after dark and Tyler ended up there having no clue about it. Maybe he had to pee and wandered into 'the woods' looking for a nice tree.

On Google maps it also says there's a macDonalds at the Easton ring.

Well, that's actually something I was wondering about. What is going on at the Easton Oval after dark? Nothing? Or all kinds of 'activity' and I don't mean people walking their dog. People looking for sex, drugs, youth hanging out, drinking? It's an ideal meeting place for people looking for sex. Parking lots all around, 'woods' with privacy. An ideal place to pick someone up. What if that's what's happening there after dark and Tyler ended up there having no clue about it. Maybe he had to pee and wandered into 'the woods' looking for a nice tree.

On Google maps it also says there's a macDonalds at the Easton ring.
IMO... It could be. But, in cold weather, I would imagine sex workers would be nearer to places where they could go into some warmth, occasionally. I don't imagine there are many "Johns" out in the woods in the winter. If it were warmer weather, my opinion about this would change. JMO, the weather is what has me stuck on the fact that there was no one in the woods waiting to attack him. Unless, of course it was a planned meeting place with someone. I've read the brush is quite dense in that area of "woods". Again, just my opinion. I'm not sure if you personally have ever experienced this type of weather without the sun being up, but, it isn't exactly warm or "comfortable" weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Postalgirl74