MO - Trina A'Moir, 18, and son Caden, 3, murdered, St. Louis, 30 April 2019

JimmyPerez

Verified Attorney
Reaction score
So she and her son were shot around midnight? Were they asleep and in bed? It sounds like Dad does not live with them. Strange. Sounds like a targeted shooting for sure. And the little boy? Why?

Found another story that sheds a bit more light on the circumstances. Unfortunately, it's not less horrifying:

"Neighbors say the mother tried to protect herself and her son by hiding in a closet for safety. When the shooter found them, he shot and killed Trina and her son."

Mom, 2-year-old son found shot to death inside north St. Louis home
Oh, that is horrifying. I wonder if she heard them breaking in and grabbed her son to hide. And then she had to wait, probably praying they wouldn't find her until ultimately they did.

OMG just reading the comments is making me want to cry....not sure I can read the article.

I think that is one of every mother’s nightmare scenarios, at least it was one of mine. Hiding from an intruder in a closet, praying to God your child stays quiet, and then to have the intruder find you and shoot you both. So terrifying to imagine.

Unusual that neighbors would know they were hiding in a closet.

Unusual that neighbors would know they were hiding in a closet.
Good point. We only have the neighbor's word for it. Maybe they heard police talking about it? Would someone have run into the house to check on what happened?

Finally a bit more information from an interview with the young lady's mom: Mother distraught after losing daughter, grandson in shooting

Summary: 3 men seen leaving the scene after shots were fired; Trina'ty and Kaden lived with Trina'ty's cousin; the cousin hung out with a "bad guy" that people were looking for; and Trina'ty's mom believes Trina'ty and Kaden were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Well I hope that cousin names those bad men. Justice needs to be swift and severe. This is horrific.

Oops nevermind. The bad man. Well I hope he sheds light on who the three might be.

Just reread this. She was shot in the head and the back while in the closet and it was the shot in her back that killed her son as she was holding him.

Could it be the perps didn't know who they were shooting? It sounds like her back was turned when they found her.
What a senseless tragedy. Certainly they can find the murderers?!

Mother distraught after losing daughter, grandson in shooting

The announcement came a day after Jurnee Thompson, 8, was shot and killed while with family outside a restaurant near Soldan High School on Friday night.

On April 30, 2-year-old Kayden Johnson and his mother were fatally shot in their home. On June 9, 3-year-old Kennedi Powell was shot as she stood on the sidewalk in front of her home with family. And on July 19, 10-year-old Eddie Hill was shot as he stood on the porch of his home with family. No arrests have been made in these four cases.
The $25,000 reward for each of the four cases, totaling $100,000 total, will only be available until September 1. Officials hope this will push anyone with information to act immediately. Crimestoppers is also offering a $5,000 ongoing award for these investigations.
St. Louis mayor announces $100,000 in rewards for arrests in 4 child killings - CNN

Father of latest child killed in the City of St. Louis, calls on suspect to turn themselves in

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288