Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #97

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only remember a poster here mentioning something about cleft lip or something like that, in the last thread I think.... not from the HLN panel at all. I honestly didn’t see anything in the photo to give me the impression he had cleft lip. Jmo
I agree. No cleft palate. It looks like shading to me. As an artist myself, looking at the sketch, I could not tell that the suspect had a long, pronounced chin. He definitely has a very strong jaw line. Did LE say themselves that he has a long chin? I can’t remember.

I'm way behind on reading. But I assumed since the car was brought up at the presser there was an assumption made this car is related to the perp. I assumed that. While that 12-5 approximate time certainly fits with the time he could have been at the bridge area, it could also be a potential witness. Whaddya think?
That's what I thought at first- a witness- but as we get further along in analyzing every word at the pc, I think "suspect."

This is JMO

I think that for the most part, people just live in their own little bubble and go about their lives without really noticing the features of the people around them.....until they become a victim of a crime. It doesn't have to be a violent crime, just one that changes your perception about what goes on around you and it increases your awareness.

Everything takes on new meaning. You notice every single little detail about the people around you, what they are wearing, who they are with, vehicles, licence plates....the list goes on. It can become a frightening world when you notice that you see the same person twice in the same day in two different places, even if it is a coincidence.
I bet that is so true. I'm terrible at noticing what people look like. I enjoy greeting and meeting people everywhere I go but I'm just not concerned about what they look like.

It is believed that the suspect was hiding a puppy under his jacket. It's important to remember this puppy does not look the same as it did. His ears may be longer. His paws may be bigger. Pay attention to the bark. Pay attention to how he eats his food.

He may also have left the area and sought canine counseling as an adult dog.

moo

I can't not see the respirator now either!

I will dissect the bridge photos more later, bc there is a black rim anterior to his chin (meaning in front, not on, not under - jutting out away from his body in front) around whatever is between the thing that appears to be on his face and the white bag/scarf thing anterior and below his neck that does not add up with sun shadows or even a gaitor.

ETA - I don't think we can know for sure what it is from the pix we have. The gaitor over his chin and mouth with plastic bag handles sticking out from his coat is as good a theory as a respirator. But I still see a respirator.

I think that 3 days after the murder the witness drew the (new) sketch based on the person he/she saw (whom he/she may know or know of), and who was dismissed due to his role in the community and probably family alibi/cover story.

I originally had a good laugh but... now I can’t NOT see the respirator. I’ve always thought there was something strange around his neck (someone said goggles awhile back?) but none of it makes sense. In some of the pictures now though I really can see what other people are...

I thought this right after the presser too but, Do you think LE is lying about the fact the sketch was drawn 3 days after the murders with a witness?

I been doing some homework on a POI I have in mind and haven't kept up with WS the past few days. Does anyone know if it was windy that day Libby and Abby were murdered? I checked Wunderground for the history and it looks like there was mild winds from approx noon until 2 pm and then the wind laid down for the rest of the day. Would the wind be stronger on the bridge? IMO, the part of BG's hair appears to be blown forward (like bangs) giving the illusion that he is wearing a baseball cap. Also in what direction were the girls headed across the bridge? Were they walking away from the parking area and BG was following from the same direction? If so, is that heading toward the abandoned building where the vehicle was parked?

I am also curious if the mysterious vehicle could be a rental. Would LE check with rental companies if they have a description? And would they only check vehicles rented from IN? Nationwide?

The POI I am looking at lives in another state but could have connections 'up north'.

Also, is there a specific program that Purdue or any other colleges in the area that attract students? For instance, Auburn U is renowned for it's veterinary school, Duke U for medical program etc.

Wasn't there a fire in Delphi the day the girls disappeared? I'd like to know more about it if so.

I am still digging. Thanks for any help. All MOO!

If he's a "generally" reputable guy... I agree... There would easily be a lawsuit or twenty. But if not, FB usually isn't gentle... Such as the overwhelming number of side-by-side pics that have caused real problems for LE. Maybe there people taking legal action but I haven't heard much talk of that. (I could just be in the dark about it though?)
I don't know why they bother with those side-by-sides. Even police sketch artists admit that those sketches rarely if ever look anything like the actual perp. Eyewitness's are very bad at recalling details and translating what they do remember adds a second layer of uncertainty

Maybe BG himself does not currently live in or around Delphi at the moment. If he is away at college or grad school or something, he may not be feeling the eyes on him to the same degree as if he were currently there.

Which begs the question, what if he is residing in another state? Would LE be watching him there? What LE, the FBI? Local police? Just wondering.

What if LE were unable to get a surreptitious DNA sample from BG himself. Could they be also trying to get a used cup or discarded napkin or whatever from a close relative? Would that count?

Just wondering. Moo.

This link contains Libby’s snapshot photo of Abby on the bridge.

Abigail Williams & Liberty German: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Questions for WS:

1) Is this the original snapshot photo or was it cropped or otherwise altered (as verified by a MSM publication);
2) If original and not cropped or altered, the photo perspective point is interesting: it is neither Abby nor the end of the bridge, and as a result includes imagery of the ground below Libby to the left as well.
3) If 1) is true (i.e., not altered), has there been any WS technical discussion of what is in the red circle (I added the circle) on the image I attached below? It is better to look at the original image in the news article on a laptop computer or other high res device. If there was such a discussion, can someone provide the post link? Thank you.

Attachments

• 8D2D15FA-FA84-46C8-8C63-6416537F5A78.jpeg
    8D2D15FA-FA84-46C8-8C63-6416537F5A78.jpeg
    103.7 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Also, it's easy to lose your sense of direction in the park. I've seen people wonder why the girls didn't run for Abby's house, but it's very easy to get turned around in there. And unless they've actually walked from there to the park before, they may not have even been sure how to do it. We're looking down at the distances from a map. It's easy for us to see the way. They weren't. They most likely only ever drove to the park in a vehicle. There are lots of fences, embankments, etc. along the way, too. It wouldn't have been smooth running.

My guess is that, in a panic, they just ran.

The girls were very familiar with the trails and park. Becky Patty was asked in an interview, and she said Libby walked the trails frequently with her family and friends.

Maybe BG himself does not currently live in or around Delphi at the moment. If he is away at college or grad school or something, he may not be feeling the eyes on him to the same degree as if he were currently there.

Which begs the question, what if he is residing in another state? Would LE be watching him there? What LE, the FBI? Local police? Just wondering.

What if LE were unable to get a surreptitious DNA sample from BG himself. Could they be also trying to get a used cup or discarded napkin or whatever from a close relative? Would that count?

Just wondering. Moo.

If they had a suspect and obtained a court order they'd be on a plane to obtain DNA... Anywhere in the US. (Well, that's what I think is possible)

Also, is there a specific program that Purdue or any other colleges in the area that attract students? For instance, Auburn U is renowned for it's veterinary school, Duke U for medical program etc.
All MOO!

Purdue has a very big engineering program and has graduated a lot of astronauts. But being a big state university, I imagine it has many strong academic programs.

Good luck in your research

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member