IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #5 Smollett indicted”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kim Foxx suggests race behind criticism: 'I have been asking myself ... what is this really about'

Kim Foxx suggests race a factor in Jussie Smollett criticism

The Chicago prosecutor whose office dismissed charged against Jussie Smollett defended the decision on Saturday, saying the “Empire” actor was treated no differently than thousands of other defendants whose charges were similarly dropped since she took office.

Thousands she says.

Oh puh-lease. It’s not about racism, it’s about who you know. She is a disgrace to her profession and looks a fool.

If I am ever charged with multiple felonies is prosecutor Kim Foxx going to intercede on my behalf?

If my decidedly unconnected friend Billy F*ckup Jr. attempts to communicate with her on the down low and give her the whatsup about how to handle my case will she drop all my charges, seal the records, wipe my slate clean and then faux recuse herself from my case? Even while admitting my guilt?

I don’t have a violent history either, her special scale of justice should apply to me. As a bonus I would also be happy to stand around and sign autographs for people as part of my community service! I’m a giver to my community.

I’d love to see the thousands of cases she claims mirror this case. I’m a little behind; I know it was leaked she was scrambling to find such cases. Has she released the long list yet?

Last edited:
How many clowns does it take to make a three ring circus? Too long, don’t want to read? Skip to my summary at the bottom.

The Honorable Leroy Martin Jr. could determine if a special prosecutor will be assigned to probe Kim Foxx’s handling of the Jussie Smollet case. And that potential conflict in question is the judge’s son who works in Kim Foxx’s office.

Separate from the potential conflict between Judge Martin, his son and Foxx, O’Brien has already asked for a judge outside of Cook County to determine if a special prosecutor is to be appointed.

2zdygbr.jpg

33ek9cy.jpg

In one of three motions filed Tuesday, Foxx’s office opposed former Appellate Court judge Sheila O’Brien’s request for a special prosecutor to probe the “Empire” actor’s case. The second seeks to quash subpoenas for Foxx and her top assistant, Joseph Magats, and bar O’Brien from requesting further subpoenas. The third motion seeks court permission to allow Foxx’s office and the county inspector general access to records that were sealed at the same hearing where prosecutors dropped all charges against Smollett for allegedly staging a fake hate crime.

BBM

So now Kim Fixx (oops Foxx) wants access to the records she so hastily sealed. Oh the irony!

Too long, don’t want to read? I’ll break it down. Judge Martin, whose son works in Kim Foxx’s office, is hearing motions on the following tomorrow:

1) Kim Foxx and Joseph Magats don’t want to appear in court. EVER.

2) Kim Foxx doesn’t want a special prosecutor to appear in court.

3) Jussie Smollett is living in California now and he’s too famous to appear in court. His publicist says he ain’t coming.

4) Judge O’Brien doesn’t want Judge Martin to appear in court. She wants a judge outside of Cook County to preside because of the relationships between prosecutors and judges.

So basically the courtroom will be empty tomorrow, lol. :confused:

Great twitter feed to follow for updates:
Charlie De Mar (@CharlieDeMar) | Twitter

Conflict Of Interest Problems Could Impact Foxx Hearing On Thursday

Jussie Smollett seeks to block his appearance in court Thursday on appointment of special prosecutor

Foxx and Smollett are special like Arias, Anthony, OJ, Cosby and I can keep going on. IMO Smollett has ruined his career. He is just lucky he is or may getting paid for this next season. Hope he saves that money. Foxx, IMO, has hurt her career. These people threw away a good thing.

I hope Foxx goes to Court, Smollett has to show up, and the brothers win their lawsuit....but then its Chicago....sorry to say it once was my home town.

I do hope Smollett (Smell-it) is happy with his 'increase' in pay. That was THE reason right?? To get more money??

He'd better start saving his pennies, he's going to need them in the future. Does he have a future??

Smollett's entitlement mentality is epic. He goes on a vacation to Hawaii, and has his brother move his stuff out of his apartment in Chicago! Smollett would have to be served with papers for him to go to Chicago. The move was actually very smart. And makes me think that there is minimal chance of Smollet being back on "Empire".

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if Smollett decided to go on some sort of trip to Israel, he is half Jewish...or leave the country.

Mickey, I believe the brother was moving him from an apartment in Studio City to one in LA.
Think he resided in a few places when he was well-to-do. I doubt he'll reside in Chicago anytime soon, can't even call 911 for help. Well done Smell-It, well done.

Mickey, I believe the brother was moving him from an apartment in Studio City to one in LA.
Think he resided in a few places when he was well-to-do. I doubt he'll reside in Chicago anytime soon, can't even call 911 for help. Well done Smell-It, well done.

Since when does anyone treat kin like hired help? I can't imagine me, asking my brother to move my stuff out of my apartment, while I am on a vacation in Hawaii. The entitlement mentality is epic.

Judge Martin has to review the motion filed this morning asking him to recuse himself because of conflict of interest. Will take time to review, court resumes next week.

Why is this such a puzzler for Judge Martin? His son is an assistant state attorney who works for Kim Foxx! Does this judge commonly oversee cases his son presents before him? How is that not ALWAYS a conflict of interest? But the judge is scratching his head over this?

This is the same dodgy (IMO) judge who so quickly agreed to seal all court records on the case. o_O

2da0unr.jpg

Last edited:
Since when does anyone treat kin like hired help? I can't imagine me, asking my brother to move my stuff out of my apartment, while I am on a vacation in Hawaii. The entitlement mentality is epic.
Jussie HAD to go to Hawaii, Mickey. He actually heroically put his life on the line by luring all of his stalkers and the people trying to anthrax him to death to Hawaii, so that his brother could move his belongings without anyone bothering him, like a coward.

Last edited:
Judge Martin has to review the motion filed this morning asking him to recuse himself because of conflict of interest. Will take time to review, court resumes next week.

Why is this such a puzzler for Judge Martin? His son is an assistant state attorney who works for Kim Foxx! Does this judge commonly oversee cases his son presents before him? How is that not ALWAYS a conflict of interest? But the judge is scratching his head over this?

This is the same dodgy (IMO) judge who so quickly agreed to seal all court records on the case. o_O

2da0unr.jpg

Hmmm.....good post.....certainly makes a person think.

That brother is another 'actor', maybe he needed whatever monies were paid to him for the move??

I get the impression, rightly or wrongly, that there IS money in that family, not just connections.

Jussie 'uses' his family in all sorts of unusual ways; how many of us would give our brothers name to the police when in trouble?? I know that would cause problems in MY family.

Is it common for a judge to publicly speak out negatively regarding a motion brought before him, especially as it directly involves him? He also allows outbursts in court, such as people applauding for him?

He can be offended as he wants to be, but this case has been cloaked in shady from the beginning and he’s holding the umbrella.

Apparently his son works in the juvenile division of Foxx’s office so he isn’t directly involved in this case, but it’s still his son’s boss and makes for cozy relationships.

O’Brien contended that would put (Judge) Martin in a precarious position if State’s Attorney Kim Foxx was called as a witness in the proceedings.

You stepped up and 10 minutes ago and you file-stamped this and dropped this on my desk, and (you) tell me that I need to decide this issue that you’ve just made an issue a few moments ago,” (Judge Martin) said. “Like you, I wasn’t aware of --”

“You weren’t aware your son was a state’s attorney?” O’Brien interrupted.

Only my wife can complete my sentences,” Martin shot back to scattered applause from the courtroom gallery.

When prosecutors and Martin repeatedly raised the point that Martin regularly hears cases involving the state’s attorney’s office, O’Brien said that might signal a broader problem.
Maybe there should be a hard look about whether people who have relatives in the state’s attorney’s office should be judges on these cases,” she said. “Maybe there’s an appearance of impropriety.”

BBM
Good point.

Judge grows testy at call he recuse himself from deciding on special prosecutor in Jussie Smollett case

(Judge) Martin appeared flummoxed by the request, which he received only minutes before Thursday’s hearing began.

Martin also took issue with O’Brien using his family in her case, saying it was “Troubling his family was brought into this.”

BBM Like she just picked on relatives at random. :rolleyes:

Wow,” the clearly irritated judge responded.

Recusal Request Derails Hearing on Special Prosecutor in Smollett Case

Last edited:
That brother is another 'actor', maybe he needed whatever monies were paid to him for the move??

I get the impression, rightly or wrongly, that there IS money in that family, not just connections.

Jussie 'uses' his family in all sorts of unusual ways; how many of us would give our brothers name to the police when in trouble?? I know that would cause problems in MY family.

I was wondering if the brother he tried to fob off his DWI on was the same brother who moved him, and you’re correct, it was Jake! I guess Jake knows the hierarchy of the family.

Jussie was frolicking in Hawaii with other family members while Jake was schlepping his brother’s belongings around.

I also have the impression the family has money.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member