DNA Doe Project - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated list of DDP case threads:

Identified Cases:

Buckskin Girl (Troy, Miami Co, OH) — IDENTIFIED (11-4-2018)
Identified! - OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

"Lyle Stevik" (Amanda Park, WA) — IDENTIFIED (8-5-2018) (name withheld)
Identified! - WA - Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #6 *name withheld*

Joseph Newton Chandler, III (OH) — IDENTIFIED (20-6-2018)
Identified! - Oh - Eastlake, Whtmale 454umoh, 70, Alias 'jnchandler Iii', Jul'02 Robert Ivan Nichols

Sheep Flat Jane Doe (NV) – IDENTIFIED (19-7-18)(pending agency announcement)
NV - NV - Washoe Co., WhtFem 156UFNV, 25-35, Sheep Flats Trail, Jul'82 *Graphic*

"Alfred Jake Fuller" (ME) - IDENTIFIED (13-12-18) (legal confirmation of identity has been made, name withheld)
Identified! - ME - Kennebec Co, WhtMale, 40-46, "Alfred Jake Fuller", Oakland, May 2014

Anaheim Jane Doe (CA) - IDENTIFIED (17-1-2019)
Identified! - CA - Anaheim, WhtFem Skeletal 22UFCA, 15-19, off Riverside Fwy, Aug'87 - Tracey C Hobson

Active Cases - Loaded into GEDmatch and undergoing genealogical analysis:

Belle in the Well
OH - OH - Dobbstown, 'Belle in the Well' WhtFem UP6259, 30-60, in cistern, Apr'81

Mill Creek Shed Man
WA - WA - Snohomish Cty, Male UP 13502, 50-65, Jan 2015 - Mill Creek Shed Man

Annie Doe
OR - OR - Cave Junction, 'Annie Doe' WhtFem UP10929, 16-20, Redwood Hwy, Aug'71

Apache Junction Jane Doe
AZ - AZ - Apache Junction, HispFem UP6349, 16-18, in desert near Hwy 60, Aug'92

Butler Co Jane Doe
OH - OH - West Chester, WhtFem UP13635, 35-60, in woods, dentures, Mar'15

John Clinton Doe Rock Co
WI - WI - Clinton, 'River Guy' WhtMale 1207UMWI, 17-20, 'Venom' TShirt, Nov'95

Kings Co, CA Jane Doe (woman in tarp)
CA - CA - Kings Co., WhtFem, 42-87, near canal, adult diaper, edentulous, May'15

Lavender Doe
TX - TX - Kilgore, 'Lavender Doe' WhtFem 483UFTX, 17-25, in woods, burned, Oct'06

Ventura Jane Doe 1980 + fetus
CA - CA - Westlake Village, HispFem UP11249, 18-30, pregnant, in parking lot, Jul'80

St Tammany Parish John Doe
LA - LA - Slidell (Rigolets) - WhtMale - 65+ - Severed limbs - Jul 29, 2016

Philadelphia Jane Doe (late 2017)
PA - PA - Philadelphia Co, WhtFem UP17475, 30-50, decedent drug at Frankford Ave, Dec'17

Phoenix Jane Doe
AZ - AZ - Phoenix, HispFem UP2064, 18-30, Mexican money, Oct'97

Pending:

Alachua Co, Florida John Doe (Sheriff # 79-2219 ME # CAPHIL 2A79/78-79) – will go to lab for additional extraction.
FL - FL - Alachua Co., WhtMale Skeletal UP5286, 22-40, noose in tree, Feb'79

Corona Girl (Williamson Co, TX) – At lab for additional extraction and sequencing.
TX - TX - Williamson Co., WhtFem 74UFTX, 20-30, 'Cinco de Corona' TShirt, Sep'89

Orange Socks Jane Doe (Williamson Co, TX) – holding for additional extraction
TX - TX - Williamson Co., 'Orange Socks' WhtFem 33UFTX, 15-30, off I-35, Oct'79 *GRAPHIC*

Rebel Ray John (Williamson Co, TX) –At lab for additional extraction and sequencing.
TX - TX - Williamson Co, WhtMale, 27-37, "Rebel Ray" Ball Cap, Broken Nose, Oct '88

Transgender Julie Doe (FL) – Extraction complete. DNA analysis will be underway 1/22. She is fully funded for the next round, thanks to DoeFundMe and matching funds made possible by the Dyer Family Foundation grant.
FL - FL - Clermont, WhtMale UP6030, 24-32, transgender, breast implants, Sep'88

New Britain Jane Doe 1991 (CT) - Extraction complete. DNA analysis starting 1/22.
CT - CT - New Britain, Wht/HispFem Skeletal 705UFCT, 25-35, unique teeth, Oct'91

Harper Co Jane Doe 1987 (MI) - Extraction complete. On way to sequencing lab.
MI - MI - Detroit, WhtFem UP8272, 18-20, in garbage dump, recent childbirth, Feb'87

Plainview Jane Doe (TX) - At lab for extraction.
TX - TX - Plainview, Fem, 19-21, nude and decapitated on a dirt road, Feb'82

Santa Ana Jane Doe ( a.k.a. Orange Co Jane Doe 1988) (CA) - On way to sequencing lab.
CA - CA - Santa Ana, Wht/HispFem 24UFCA, 22-28, at Santiago Park, Mar'88

"Becky" Kern Co Jane Doe (CA) - Based on QC results, additional extraction is being considered.
CA - CA - Delano, Hisp/Ntv Fem 59UFCA, 30-34, 'Shirley, Seattle' tattoo, Jul'80

Birchwood John Doe (Chattanooga, TN) - Bone at lab for further extraction and analysis. This will be a DoeFundMe case.
TN - TN - Birchwood, WhtMale UP8189, 45-55, surgical repair to elbow, Jul'06

Kentucky Jane Doe 2001 (KY) - Extraction complete. On way to sequencing lab.
KY - KY - Simpson Co., WhtFem UP71, 25-35, off I-65, rose tattoo, Oct'01

On Hold:

Beckler River Road Doe (WA) – stalled/ insufficient/contaminated DNA
WA - WA - Snohomish Co, UnkRace Fem, Abt 40 yo, Partial Cranium, Beckler Road, Oct 2009

Sultan Basin Road Doe (WA) – stalled/ insufficient/contaminated DNA
WA - WA - Snohomish Co, WhtMale, 20-50, Sultan Basin Rd, Apr'07
I missed one case! :confused:
Adding to the 'Pending' section:

Portland Jane Doe (ME) - At lab. Passed QC, ready for sequencing.
ME - ME - Portland, AsianFem UP15135, 30-50, in Fore River, tattooed brows, May'15

I feel that "healthy" UIDs have a greater chance of being ID'd than people's whose bodies indicate they were estranged from society. This is because I think GEDMatch has the most potential for UIDs (more than solving crimes) Millions of people take DNA tests (most of them middle class) Many UID's, families try to report their loved ones missing, but police let the file go after awhile...or the body was found in a different jurisdiction. In 1990, we had a mom of three children go missing. Her body was found in the next county. The body was taken to our county for autopsy. No one made the connection. She was buried as a UID in the next county. For years for family searched for her. Her twin sister created a huge billboard, "Find Lupita Cantu" 20 yrs later, they made the connection. Anyway, this shows the twists and turns that goes on with these UIDs. All UIDs need to be ID'd, but it will be easier if they have family connections.

New post today 2/17/19:

"Hi Gang,

If anyone is in the Baltimore area, please let me know. I am heading out this morning for the American Academy of Forensic Science annual conference at the Baltimore Convention Center. I would love to meet up with any of you who are in the area. There are a few forensic genealogists who attend regularly and we are planning to have a get together one evening.

I believe the exhibit hall is free, so you can walk around and see all the cool DNA stuff that is out there. Check the program for details for the exhibit hall and to register. There are a lot of cool talks on a variety of subjects, especially in the evening. Check out the searchable version of the advance program at

https://www.aafs.org/…/uploads/2019_AAFS_Advance_Program.pdf

I am giving a talk on Thursday evening for the Last Word Society.

Check it out!

Colleen"

Annie Doe's ethnicity report is in!

"Earlier this year, Annie Doe’s DNA underwent one round of unsuccessful sequencing, but unfortunately, her DNA results were too degraded to upload to GEDmatch.

The DNA Doe Project is pleased to share that Annie’s second round of extraction and sequencing has been successful, her DNA has now completed processing, and research has begun by our team of volunteer genealogists which will hopefully allow us to find Annie’s family.

Who is Annie? On 19 August 1971 the skeletal remains of an unidentified female were foundnear Grants Pass, OR in the woods off Redwood Highway near the Oregon-California border in an area described as a dump. Her body had been partially covered with debris. Based on the condition of the remains, it is believed that she had been deceased for several months. Forensic science has determined the girl was a white female between 14 and 25 years of age, 5' 4" tall, slim, with auburn hair. She had crooked teeth and was slightly buck-toothed. She was wearing a pink, and beige waist length belted coat, a tan long-sleeved turtleneck blouse, a pair of Wrangler jeans, and a pair of square-toed brown leather shoes. Based on the jewelry she was wearing, it is speculated she may have a New Jersey connection. A decomposed map of Northern California camping facilities was found in her right rear pocket, leading investigators to theorize she was on her way to California. Homicide is suspected.

GEDmatch predicts that Annie Doe might possibly have brown eyes. Her mtDNA haplogroup is U5, and her ethnicity report is included below. She has an interesting mix of several populations. The three biggest are: North Atlantic, Baltic, and West Mediterranean.

Annie’s test costs were funded by our generous donors through DoeFundMe, and with contributions from NCMEC. DoeFundMe accounts help the DNA Doe Project defray out-of-pocket costs. Those interested in donating to one of our other cases that still needs funding may do so on the DDP website ( DNA Doe Project ) or contribute here on Facebook.

More case information is available at:
404UFOR
Annie Doe
Have you seen this child? JANE DOE1971
Unidentified Person Case
You searched for Annie - DNA Doe Project Cases

As always, thank you all for your kind support and interest in the DNA Doe Project.

Anyone with information on this case should contact:
Josephine County Sheriff's Office
Kari Lee
Josephine County Online - HOME

Special thanks to NCMEC for the photo reconstruction of Annie Doe.

#DNADoeProject
#JosephineCountySheriffsOffice
#GrantsPassOR
#AnnieDoe
#DoeFundMe "

DNA Doe Project

------------

Annie seem to have a large amount of North-West European genetic heritage; the Fennoscandinavian part intrigues me, I have to admit. Does anyone know if Sami heritage is reckoned as Fennoscandinavian, genetically?

Here. Whatever you can make of it.

Finnis, Saami, and Fennoscandian DNA

My understanding is, Sami are outliers because they did not mix much, and are closer to Siberians; however, the Finns are an ethnic group that carries Sami admixture, too. So Sami DNA can be met both in a Sami and in a Finn. Also, possibly, in a Siberian Russian and Alaskan Inuit.

Who were Siberians is a question of its own, as many small ethnic groups do not exist any longer, having dissolved in a bigger Russian ethnos. But originally, they were considered Eurasian, closer to Asian by looks.

Last edited:
Here. Whatever you can make of it.

Finnis, Saami, and Fennoscandian DNA

My understanding is, Sami are outliers because they did not mix much, and are closer to Siberians; however, the Finns are an ethnic group that carries Sami admixture, too. So Sami DNA can be met both in a Sami and in a Finn. Also, possibly, in a Siberian Russian and Alaskan Inuit.

Who were Siberians is a question of its own, as many small ethnic groups do not exist any longer, having dissolved in a bigger Russian ethnos. But originally, they were considered Eurasian, closer to Asian by looks.

Adding to this... the most recent edition of Eurovision (the huge song contest where over 40 countries compete in a grand show) teamed up with MyHeritage and some of the singers took DNA tests. One of the members of the group from Norway, KEiiNO, is Sami. His mix according to MyHeritage was 61% Finnish, 27.7% Scandinavian, 8.4% Inuit and 2.6% central Asian. Compared to a lot of Sami he was fairly mixed (I think one of his parents is white Finnish rather than Sami) but that gives you an idea. I think probably 'Central Asian' is Russian Siberian. His two group mates were almost totally Finnish in comparison.

Some 'exotic' mixes can be hard to pinpoint. One of those who also took a test was the singer from Hungary, who is from the travelling community (what used to be called 'gypsies'). He was a mix of so many places! 33.5% South Asian, 30% Greek, 12% Baltic, 11.5% Sardinian, and then 13% made up of smaller ones - Iberian, Middle Eastern (the Syrian and Saudi areas) Eastern European, and Inuit. Makes me wonder what DNA Doe project would think looking at a DNA profile like that. I doubt anyone would think he's from Hungary. DNA is a tricky, tricky thing.

A little disappointed to hear about the new opt in system. I wonder how many will really say yes to that... might put a spanner in the works. The work of DNA Doe project is so important but all the public really see is the media headlines, they don't read further into it and the idea of their DNA being helpful to solve crime might scare them away.

What a wonderful thread! Not nearly as much traffic as I would expect. I will just leave this here as I venture off to follow some of the other DDP case threads! :D

•MMcG•

I forgot this existed! I just wanted to say that Kern County Jane Doe (she is a minority so it is difficult) just got a pretty good match. It’s 103 Centimorgans, which is pretty good for her.

They have a Google Drive where you can see these on their Facebook page. It’s on their update page.

I’m not sure how I stumbled on this thread. I guess that can be said for most of the ones I land on though! ;) Glad I did! Gardener1850, awesome work on the case list! Thank you!

I have always been astounded by the work done by the DDP and everyone associated! They really grabbed my attention when I saw a couple of local and familiar cases being worked! I only found out shortly before that about one in particular, a decapitated female who was found in 1982. With a pair of binoculars I think I can see the field she was located in. Since then I have always wondered about the woman, so I was pleasantly surprised to see such a “small town case” in the hands of an organization I admire so much! There’s a word to describe that feeling. I just can’t think of it right now! :p:cool:

Anywho- glad I’m here and happy to see the thread dusted off a bit!

•MMcG•

Updated list of DDP case threads:

Identified Cases:

Buckskin Girl (Troy, Miami Co, OH) — IDENTIFIED (11 Apr 2018) Marcia King
Identified! - OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

"Lyle Stevik" (Amanda Park, WA) — IDENTIFIED (8 May 2018) (name withheld)
Identified! - WA - Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #6 *name withheld*

Joseph Newton Chandler, III (OH) — IDENTIFIED (20 June 2018) Robert Ivan Nichols
Identified! - Oh - Eastlake, Whtmale 454umoh, 70, Alias 'jnchandler Iii', Jul'02 Robert Ivan Nichols

Sheep Flat Jane Doe (NV) – IDENTIFIED (19 July 2018) Mary Edith Silvani
NV - NV - Washoe Co., WhtFem 156UFNV, 25-35, Sheep Flats Trail, Jul'82 *Graphic*

"Alfred Jake Fuller" (ME) - IDENTIFIED (13 Dec 2018) (legal confirmation of identity has been made, name withheld)
Identified! - ME - Kennebec Co, WhtMale, 40-46, "Alfred Jake Fuller", Oakland, May 2014

Anaheim Jane Doe (CA) - IDENTIFIED (17 Jan 2019) Tracey Hobson
Identified! - CA - Anaheim, WhtFem Skeletal 22UFCA, 15-19, off Riverside Fwy, Aug'87 - Tracey C Hobson

Lavender Doe (TX) IDENTIFIED (29 Jan 2019) Dana Lynn Dodd
TX - TX - Kilgore, 'Lavender Doe' WhtFem 483UFTX, 17-25, in woods, burned, Oct'06

Annie Doe (OR) IDENTIFIED (12 Mar 2019) Anne “Annie” Marie Lehman
OR - OR - Cave Junction, 'Annie Doe' WhtFem UP10929, 16-20, Redwood Hwy, Aug'71

Butler Co Jane Doe (OH) - IDENTIFIED (Mar 2019) Darlene Wilson Norcross
OH - OH - West Chester, WhtFem UP13635, 35-60, in woods, dentures, Mar'15

Belle in the Well (OH) - IDENTIFIED (29 July 2019) Louise Virginia Peterson Flesher
OH - OH - Dobbstown, 'Belle in the Well' WhtFem UP6259, 30-60, in cistern, Apr'81

Vicky Dana Jane Doe (OH) IDENTIFIED (4 June 2019) Dana Nicole Lowrey
Identified! - OH - Marion Co., WhtFem Skeletal 672UFOH, 18-22, along rural road, Mar'07- Dana Nicole Lowrey

John Clinton Doe Rock Co (WI) - Tentatively Identified. Details are being withheld pending official confirmation

Orange Socks Jane Doe (TX) – IDENTIFIED (7 Aug 2019) Debra Jackson
TX - TX - Williamson Co., 'Orange Socks' WhtFem 33UFTX, 15-30, off I-35, Oct'79 *GRAPHIC*

Mill Creek Shed Man (WA) IDENTIFIED (26 Sept 2019) Name Witheld
WA -WA - Snohomish Cty, Male UP 13502, 50-65, Jan 2015 - Mill Creek Shed Man

Philadelphia Jane Doe (PA) IDENTIFIED Pending agency announcement.
PA - PA - Philadelphia Co, WhtFem UP17475, 30-50, decedent drug at Frankford Ave, Dec'17

Active Cases added to this list in GREEN.

Apache Junction Jane Doe (AZ) Research in progress; The Apache Junction Police Department received a grant of $500 to help fund DDP expenses.

Kings Co, CA Jane Doe (CA) Status: Research in progress
CA - CA - Kings Co., WhtFem, 42-87, near canal, adult diaper, edentulous, May'15

Ventura Jane Doe 1980 + fetus (CA) Research in progress. Samples of Ventura Jane Doe and her fetus have completed DNA extraction and sequencing. We are starting with the mother.
CA - CA - Westlake Village, HispFem UP11249, 18-30, pregnant, in parking lot, Jul'80

St Tammany Parish John Doe (LA) Research in progress

Phoenix Jane Doe (AZ) Status: Research in progress

I-196 Jane Doe Covert Township (MI) Status: Research in progress
MI - MI - Covert Township, WhtFem 730UFMI, 23-40, Near I-96, Oct'88

Marion County Jane Doe (KS) Status: Research in progress
KS - KS - Lincolnville, WhtFem UP2422, 20-30, Pachuco Cross tattoo, Sep'87

Twinsburg John Doe (OH) Status: Research in progress
OH - OH - Twinsburg, BlkMale, UP5830, 20-30, 18 Feb 1982

Butler County John Doe (OH) Status: Research in progress
OH - OH - Butler Co, WhtMale, 35-60, Protruding Chin, All Teeth Extracted, UP4754, 18 May 1997

Grundy County Jane Doe (IL) Fully Funded; Research in progress
IL - IL - Grundy Co, BlkFem UP17621, 18-23, body in ditch at U.S. Rte 6, Oct'76

Tom Green County John Doe AKA "White Socks" (TX) Status: Research in progress
TX - TX - San Angelo, Hisp/WhtMale, 17-21, "White Socks", Twin Buttes Lake, Nov'87

Kentucky Jane Doe 2001 (KY) - Status: Research in progress

Vernon County Jane Doe (WI) Status: Research in progress
WI - WI - Vernon Co., WhtFem 261UFWI, 50-63, severed hands, dentures, May'84

"Becky" Kern Co Jane Doe 1980 (CA) - Status: Research in progress

Mecklenburg County Jane Doe 2011 (NC) Status: Research in progress
NC - NC - Charlotte, Wht/HispFem UP8724, 20-40, 'Virginia Beach' TShirt, Mar'11

Marion Flathead County John Doe (MT) Status: Research in progress
MT - MT - Flathead Co, WhtMale, 18-49, MJ Pipe, .22 Pistol w/Holster, Poker Game, Sz 11 Adidas, Oct'03

Portland Jane Doe (ME) - Status: Research in progress.
ME - ME - Portland, AsianFem UP15135, 30-50, in Fore River, tattooed brows, May'15

Clark County John Doe AKA “Buffalo Cave JD” & “Defense Cave JD” (ID) - Status: Research in progress
ID - ID - Dubois, WhtMale Skeletal UP13310, 40-99, in Buffalo Cave, Aug'79

Pillar Point Doe (CA) Research in progress
CA - CA - San Mateo Co., WhtMale 773UMCA, 19-25, female clothing, Nov'83

New Britain Jane Doe 1991 (CT) - Status: Research in progress
CT - CT - New Britain, Wht/HispFem Skeletal 705UFCT, 25-35, unique teeth, Oct'91

Harper Co Jane Doe 1987 (MI) - Status: Research in progress
MI - MI - Detroit, WhtFem UP8272, 18-20, in garbage dump, recent childbirth, Feb'87

Pending:

Cases added to the list in GREEN

Alachua County John Doe (FL) Undergoing Testing. Since May, 2018 DNA Doe Project made a number of attempts at bone extraction in the case of Alachua County John Doe (1978). It became so difficult to obtain enough DNA we decided to make this case a pilot study to determine the efficacy of amplification and enrichment for our other cases with low quantity/low-quality samples.

Transgender Julie Doe (FL) – Extraction complete. DNA analysis will be underway 1/22. She is fully funded for the next round, thanks to DoeFundMe and matching funds made possible by the Dyer Family Foundation grant.

Plainview Jane Doe (TX) - Status: Extraction completed pending quality control

Chattanooga Birchwood John Doe (TN) - Status: Extraction completed pending quality control.

Summit County John Doe 2016 (CO) Status: Undergoing testing
CO - CO - Summit Co., WhtMale, 30-50, Blonde, Wire Glasses, Indiglo Watch, Glock, July'16

Evangeline Parish Jane Doe 2018 (LA) Status: Undergoing testing
LA - LA - Evangeline Parish, Skeletal Remains in a Shed, Prairie Rhonde, Dec 2018

West Manchester John Doe 2013 (PA) Status Undergoing Testing
PA - PA - Wht/Hisp, Male, 30-50 yo, 5'3"-5'10", Near West Manchester Mall, Nov 2013

Sumter County Jane Doe (SC) Status Undergoing testing
Sumter County Jock Doe (SC) Status Undergoing testing
Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #6

Marion County John Doe 1989
AKA Luther Doe (OH) - Status: Undergoing testing
OH - OH - Marion Co., 'Luther' WhtMale 851UMOH, 22-40, in Flat Run Creek, Jul'89

Lee County John Doe 1984 (TX) - Status: Undergoing testing

Buena Vista Leg 2018 (CA) - Status: Undergoing testing

Rockledge Jane Doe (FL) - Status: Undergoing testing

Jackson County John Doe (WI) - Status: Passed quality control and waiting for sequencing

Barron County John Doe (WI) Status: Passed quality control and waiting on sequencing

Kenosha John Doe 1993 (WI) Status: Undergoing testing.
WI - WI - Kenosha Co., Male UP4762, 39-60, mustache, tattooed forearm, Aug'93

Baron County John 2017 (WI) Status: Extraction completed pending quality control
WI - WI - Barron Co, Skeletal Remains found in Woodlot, Maple Grove, 3 Dec 2017

Kingsport John Doe (TN) Status: Undergoing testing.
TN - TN - Sullivan, WhtMale, 40-80, Holston River, Aug’03

Pulaski County Jane Doe (MO) Status: Undergoing testing. Awaiting further extraction and sequencing.
MO - MO - Dixon, Wht/NtvFem UP10222, >35, off Hwy MM, upper denture, May'81

Carson City Jane Doe 2015 (NV) - Status: Undergoing testing.
NV - NV - Carson City, WhtFem UP13838, 42-71, buried on Lone Mountain, Mar'15

Mr X Doe 1972 (TX) - Status: Undergoing testing
TX - TX - Johnson Co., 'Mr. X' WhtMale UP11445, 25-35, @ Matlock Ranch, Dec'72

Lime Lady Doe (OK) - Status: Undergoing testing. Extra sequencing techniques are being applied to obtain usable data.
OK - OK - Jones, WhtFem 255UFOK, 18-25, by river, dime embedded in body, Apr'80

*Editing in Progress*

On Hold:
Cases recently moved from Pending List to on hold list in RED

Corona Girl (TX) – Status: Case on hold for administrative or DNA quality reasons.
TX - TX - Williamson Co., WhtFem 74UFTX, 20-30, 'Cinco de Corona' TShirt, Sep'89

Rebel Ray John (TX) Status: Case on hold for administrative reasons. The DNA analysis at DNA Solutions needs re-extraction.
TX - TX - Williamson Co, WhtMale, 27-37, "Rebel Ray" Ball Cap, Broken Nose, Oct '88

WA - WA - Snohomish Co, UnkRace Fem, Abt 40 yo, Partial Cranium, Beckler Road, Oct 2009

Last edited:
Thank you, @Gardener1850! It takes forever to get all the threads right! ◉_◉

Identified Cases:

Buckskin Girl (Troy, Miami Co, OH) — IDENTIFIED (11-4-2018)

"Lyle Stevik" (Amanda Park, WA) — IDENTIFIED (8-5-2018) (name withheld)

Joseph Newton Chandler, III (OH) — IDENTIFIED (20-6-2018)

Sheep Flat Jane Doe (NV) – IDENTIFIED (19-7-18)(name announced 7-5-2019)
Identified! - NV - Washoe Co., WhtFem 156UFNV, 25-35, Sheep's Flat Trail, Jul'82 - Mary Edith Silvani

"Alfred Jake Fuller" (ME) - IDENTIFIED (13-12-18) (legal confirmation of identity has been made, name withheld)

Anaheim Jane Doe (CA) - IDENTIFIED (17-1-2019)

Belle in the Well (OH) - IDENTIFIED (announced 29-7-2019)
Identified! - OH - Dobbstown, 'Belle in the Well' WhtFem UP6259, 30-60, in cistern, Apr'81 - Louise Petersen

Mill Creek Shed Man (WA) (pending announcement)
WA - WA - Snohomish Cty, Male UP 13502, 50-65, Jan 2015 - Mill Creek Shed Man

Annie Doe (OR) - IDENTIFIED (announced 14-3-2019)
Identified! - OR - Cave Junction, 'Annie Doe' WhtFem UP10929, 16-20, Redwood Hwy, Aug'71 - Annie Lehman

Butler Co Jane Doe (OH) - IDENTIFIED (announced 7-3-2019)
Identified! - OH - West Chester, WhtFem UP13635, 35-60, in woods, dentures, Mar'15 - Darlene Norcross

John Clinton Doe Rock Co (WI) - IDENTIFIED (pending legal confirmation)

Lavender Doe (TX) - IDENTIFIED (announced 29-1-2019)
Identified! - TX - Kilgore, 'Lavender Doe' WhtFem 483UFTX, 17-25, in woods, burned, Oct'06 Dana L Dodd

Philadelphia Jane Doe (late 2017) (PA) - IDENTIFIED (pending announcement)
Identified! - PA - Philadelphia Co, WhtFem UP17475, 30-50, decedent drug at Frankford Ave, Dec'17 - Name Pending

Orange Socks Jane Doe (TX) - IDENTIFIED (announced 7-8-2019)
Identified! - TX - Williamson Co., 'Orange Socks' WhtFem 33UFTX, 15-30, off I-35, Oct'79 - Debra Jackson

Marion Co Vicky Jane Doe 2007 (OH) - IDENTIFIED (announced 4-6-2019)
Identified! - OH - Marion Co., WhtFem Skeletal 672UFOH, 18-22, along rural road, Mar'07- Dana Nicole Lowrey

Apache Junction Jane Doe

Kings Co, CA Jane Doe (woman in tarp)

Ventura Jane Doe 1980 + fetus

Grundy Co Jane Doe 1976
IL - IL - Grundy Co, BlkFem UP17621, 18-23, body in ditch at U.S. Rte 6, Oct'76

St Tammany Parish John Doe

Phoenix Jane Doe

Kentucky Jane Doe 2001

New Britain Jane Doe

Harper Co Jane Doe

"Becky" Kern Co Jane Doe

Butler Co John Doe 1997 (OH)
OH - OH - Butler Co, WhtMale, 35-60, Protruding Chin, All Teeth Extracted, UP4754, 18 May 1997

Vernon County Jane Doe (WI)
WI - WI - Vernon Co., WhtFem 261UFWI, 50-63, severed hands, dentures, May'84

Covert Twp "I-196" Jane Doe 1988
MI - MI - Covert Township, WhtFem 730UFMI, 23-40, Near I-96, Oct'88

Portland Jane Doe 2015

Pillar Point Doe
CA - CA - San Mateo Co., WhtMale 773UMCA, 19-25, female clothing, Nov'83

Clark Co John Doe 1979
ID - ID - Dubois, WhtMale Skeletal UP13310, 40-99, in Buffalo Cave, Aug'79

Twinsburg John Doe 1982
OH - OH - Twinsburg, BlkMale, UP5830, 20-30, 18 Feb 1982

Tom Green Co. White Socks John Doe
TX - TX - San Angelo, Hisp/WhtMale, 17-21, "White Socks", Twin Buttes Lake, Nov'87

Marion Co Jane Doe 1987
KS - KS - Lincolnville, WhtFem UP2422, 20-30, Pachuco Cross tattoo, Sep'87

Marion John Doe 2003
MT - MT - Flathead Co, WhtMale, 18-49, MJ Pipe, .22 Pistol w/Holster, Poker Game, Sz 11 Adidas, Oct'03

Mecklenburg Jane Doe 2011
NC - NC - Charlotte, Wht/HispFem UP8724, 20-40, 'Virginia Beach' TShirt, Mar'11

Pending:

Pulaski Co Jane Doe 1981 (MO) - Awaiting further extraction.
MO - MO - Dixon, Wht/NtvFem UP10222, >35, off Hwy MM, upper denture, May'81

Buena Vista Leg Doe 2018 (CA) - At lab for sequencing.
CA - CA - Lake Buena Vista, human leg found on shoreline, July 2018

Rockledge Jane Doe Brevard Co 1980 (FL) - At lab for sequencing.
FL - FL - Rockledge, BlkFem UP2312, 21-30, shot in the head, Oct'80

Carson City Jane Doe 2015 (NV) - At lab for sequencing.
NV - NV - Carson City, WhtFem UP13838, 42-71, buried on Lone Mountain, Mar'15

Marion Co John Doe 1989 (OH) - At lab for extraction.
OH - OH - Marion Co., 'Luther' WhtMale 851UMOH, 22-40, in Flat Run Creek, Jul'89

Alachua Co, Florida John Doe (Sheriff # 79-2219 ME # CAPHIL 2A79/78-79) – In bioinformatics.

Corona Girl (Williamson Co, TX) – Needs re-extraction.

Rebel Ray John (Williamson Co, TX) – Needs re-extraction.

Transgender Julie Doe (FL) – Awaiting shipment to lab for resequencing.

Plainview Jane Doe (TX) - At lab for additional extraction.

Birchwood John Doe (Chattanooga, TN) - Bone at lab for further extraction and analysis.

Evangeline Parish Jane Doe 2018 (LA) - At lab for sequencing.
LA - LA - Evangeline Parish, Skeletal Remains in a Shed, Prairie Rhonde, Dec 2018

Sumter John and Jane Doe 1976 (SC) - At lab for extraction.
Mystery couple murdered South Carolina 1976

West Manchester John Doe 2013 (PA) - Awaiting shipment to lab for sequencing.
PA - PA - Wht/Hisp, Male, 30-50 yo, 5'3"-5'10", Near West Manchester Mall, Nov 2013

Lime Lady 1980 (OK) - At lab for sequencing.
OK - OK - Jones, WhtFem 255UFOK, 18-25, by river, dime embedded in body, Apr'80

Kingsport John Doe 2003 (TN) - At lab for sequencing.
TN - TN - Sullivan, WhtMale, 40-80, Holston River, Aug’03 *
TN - TN - Dandridge, WhtMale UP1547, 41-50, living photo, Jun'03 *
*there is a bit of confusion if this is the correct thread for John Doe or not.

Barron Co John Doe 2017 (WI) - Awaiting shipment to sequencing lab.
WI - WI - Barron Co, Skeletal Remains found in Woodlot, Maple Grove, 3 Dec 2017

Barron Co John Doe 1982 (WI) - Awaiting shipment to sequencing lab.
WI - WI - Ridgeland, WhtMale 168UMWI, 18-24, Pins in Left Tibia, Sep'82

Jackson Co John Doe 1978 (WI) - Awaiting shipment to sequencing lab.
WI - WI - Jackson Co., WhtMale Skeletal UP12415, in woods, 28-52, August'78

Kenosha John Doe 1993 (WI) - Awaiting further extraction.
WI - WI - Kenosha Co., Male UP4762, 39-60, mustache, tattooed forearm, Aug'93

Johnson Co "Mr X" John Doe 1972 (TX) - Shipping for additional extraction.
TX - TX - Johnson Co., 'Mr. X' WhtMale UP11445, 25-35, @ Matlock Ranch, Dec'72

Lee Co. John Doe 1984 (TX) - At lab for sequencing.
(no thread found)

Swimsuit Boy (TX) - Awaiting extraction.
TX - TX - Houston, 'Swimsuit Boy' WhtMale UP4547, 15-19, Dean Corll victim, Aug'73

On Hold:

Last edited:
Thank you @Mrs. Badcrumble
I understand how much work goes into updating. I had been working on editing the list for several hours when I decided to take a dinner break. Then I came back and saw your message in the other thread. Oops! Oh, well. Great work! I'm stopping my editing now. Your notes on the pending cases seem to be more detailed anyway. I was using the website, not the facebook page. :)

ETA: I believe this is the correct thread for the Kingsport John Doe: TN - TN - Sullivan, WhtMale, 40-80, Holston River, Aug’03

Thank you @Mrs. Badcrumble
I understand how much work goes into updating. I had been working on editing the list for several hours when I decided to take a dinner break. Then I came back and saw your message in the other thread. Oops! Oh, well. Great work! I'm stopping my editing now. Your notes on the pending cases seem to be more detailed anyway. I was using the website, not the facebook page. :)

ETA: I believe this is the correct thread for the Kingsport John Doe: TN - TN - Sullivan, WhtMale, 40-80, Holston River, Aug’03
Thank you too for the great work! :) I included both TN'03 John Does' WS threads in the post, just in case.
The DDP doesn't seem to update their website too often, though. I guess it's much easier to edit their pinned Facebook post instead, so I used that.

Also, there are many duplicate threads in the UID forum. I've alerted the mods several times, but I guess they are too busy or something. Thank you for alerting on Evangeline Parish Doe's thread!

I forgot this existed! I just wanted to say that Kern County Jane Doe (she is a minority so it is difficult) just got a pretty good match. It’s 103 Centimorgans, which is pretty good for her.

They have a Google Drive where you can see these on their Facebook page. It’s on their update page.

If I understand this correctly, the case of the New Britain Jane Doe is in good position to be solved sooner rather than later ?

If I understand this correctly, the case of the New Britain Jane Doe is in good position to be solved sooner rather than later ?
Well, she has 184 close matches, while some like Portland Jane Doe and Vernon County Jane Doe have 0 close matches.

None of the matches for New Britain Jane Doe are TOO high but at least they will be able to make some sort of family tree. I heavily believe they will have an identification by the end of this year.

Well, she has 184 close matches, while some like Portland Jane Doe and Vernon County Jane Doe have 0 close matches.

None of the matches for New Britain Jane Doe are TOO high but at least they will be able to make some sort of family tree. I heavily believe they will have an identification by the end of this year.
I’m also feeling very good for others beside New Britain Jane Doe, like Harper Jane Doe and Marion County, Montana John Doe. They have some pretty cool matches.

The one I am most excited about is Pillar Point John Doe. He has a few good matches, but they’re all under 50 Centimorgans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge