CA - Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death Revisited 2019

On behalf of everyone at Websleuths Burma welcome to our site. You, your wife and Rebecca's family's dedication to justice for Rebecca is commendable. Our great sleuths are here to help any way they can. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you as well.
Take Care,
Tricia
Thank you

Thank you -- I wasn't a fan of last year's episode either!
The acting was horrible, and the unusual way they presented the evidence was just wrong. I will say the marks on Rebecca's head they were referring to were the wrong injuries that could of caused her to become unconscious. They showed injuries to her forehead and those marks were present but not the marks where she was struck in the head during the assault.

I would like to have a discussion about how the SDSD conducted their investigation. I do not believe they are stupid, because no one can look at the evidence and say this was a suicide. I do believe Gore did not want a homicide in Coronado and he was getting pressured from outside sources. Any thoughts?

I would like to have a discussion about how the SDSD conducted their investigation. I do not believe they are stupid, because no one can look at the evidence and say this was a suicide. I do believe Gore did not want a homicide in Coronado and he was getting pressured from outside sources. Any thoughts?

@Burma - in my opinion, if you want to know why Gore remains in position, you have to follow the money-- and unfortunately, the TOS of WS prevent that kind of discussion on the thread. :)

I'm also reminded of JS stint in D.C., and one self described progressive prosecutor-- with one foot planted in D.C.

Good Soldiers know their place.

MOO

Yes, it was a very strange investigation.

Seattle1 yes you are correct about the rules here and I will do my best to respect them.
It's difficult to sit her and type about what happened to Rebecca, not the crime scene but everything that happened afterwards. The horrible SDSD how they treated her with no respect and put the suspects at the head of the table. How we had to fight over the past 8 years while Gore just smiled and enjoyed the chaos he created. Gore, after we won with a civil jury trial, still denied Rebecca respect. Instead he launched an investigation to show how the we were wrong and attempted to discredit the jury.

Doug what is your opinion on how the media, both local and national, handled their coverage and how your family was treated.

I will never get the overhead helicopter shots out of my head. Despicable.

I feel the they dropped the ball by not pressing the harder, digging deeper.

Appears the tag team SDSO/__, has absolute control, to this day.

Sadly, old school investigative reporting has disappeared. I am in Phoenix and there were occasional intelligent articles, nothing mainstream.

nanwv,
The media are good at what they do, most that dealt with us were professional. There are some medial outlets you will not see us on again. They want a story, they want viewers. There have been some media outlets that were 100% respectful and offered assistance. Even today we still have contact with some of them.
I don't think the media has been able to show how disrespectful and unprofessional the SDSD treated us. Even when the sheriff would give out deceptive information the media really did not catch on to it, or never really reported on it. I would of been good in my opinion if they would of reported the lies.

On behalf of everyone at Websleuths Burma welcome to our site. You, your wife and Rebecca's family's dedication to justice for Rebecca is commendable. Our great sleuths are here to help any way they can. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you as well.
Take Care,
Tricia
Thank you

Hi Burma,
I have been following this story from the beginning since I’m a native of So. Cal. but mostly because of my outrage over how a blatant obvious murder was called a suicide. I am SO sorry for your loss of Rebecca and even sorrier for how SDSD have treated her and your grieving family. How can they live with themselves? I have a question that has bothered me since the beginning and I hope it’s ok to ask. We’re the older children in the house as well when MS died? I know Rebecca’s younger sister was there,, so what does she say? The story is that JS was at the gym, Rebecca and her sister were in diff bathrooms when little MS had the accident. ( also so so sad) but ie also heard that the older half sibs and maybe JS himself were all there too , but wanted Rebecca to have to stand alone to deal with aftermath.
Thank you

Hi Burma,
I have been following this story from the beginning since I’m a native of So. Cal. but mostly because of my outrage over how a blatant obvious murder was called a suicide. I am SO sorry for your loss of Rebecca and even sorrier for how SDSD have treated her and your grieving family. How can they live with themselves? I have a question that has bothered me since the beginning and I hope it’s ok to ask. We’re the older children in the house as well when MS died? I know Rebecca’s younger sister was there,, so what does she say? The story is that JS was at the gym, Rebecca and her sister were in diff bathrooms when little MS had the accident. ( also so so sad) but ie also heard that the older half sibs and maybe JS himself were all there too , but wanted Rebecca to have to stand alone to deal with aftermath.
Thank you
Augustgurl,
Thank you for your words about the murder of Rebecca.
The best I can say is the older children had already left SD earlier that morning and were not present inside the residence. Her younger sister was in the shower and did not witness him fall. JS said he was at the gym.

Welcome to Websleuths Burma! I recall reading that at the initial crime scene a Detective Patterson viewed Rebecca's death as a homicide. However, I never heard another word from him again. Instead, the SDSD claimed Detective Patterson had changed his mind and now thought it was a suicide. I found this very odd and I wonder if you or Mary ever had a chance to speak with Detective Brian Patterson? This was one of my early recollections of this case.

Coronado mansion death: Early homicide theory was quickly dropped

SEPTEMBER 21, 2011 | 10:18 AM

A sheriff's homicide detective believed that the girlfriend of Coronado mansion owner Jonah Shacknai was the victim of foul play when he first arrived on the scene, according to a search warrant unsealed Tuesday.

But San Diego County Sheriff's Det. Brian Patterson quickly changed his mind about Rebecca Zahau's death once he had the legal authority to search the mansion.

In the application for the warrant, Patterson said he suspected Zahau had been murdered because her legs and feet had been tied.

Based on that suspicion, a judge approved the warrant for detectives to search the Spreckels mansion owned by Shacknai, Zahau's boyfriend and a multimillionaire pharmaceutical executive.

But the search warrants suggest that Patterson and other investigators quickly decided that, although the circumstances were unusual, Zahau had committed suicide by hanging.

Welcome to Websleuths Burma! I recall reading that at the initial crime scene a Detective Patterson viewed Rebecca's death as a homicide. However, I never heard another word from him again. Instead, the SDSD claimed Detective Patterson had changed his mind and now thought it was a suicide. I found this very odd and I wonder if you or Mary ever had a chance to speak with Detective Brian Patterson? This was one of my early recollections of this case.

Coronado mansion death: Early homicide theory was quickly dropped

SEPTEMBER 21, 2011 | 10:18 AM

A sheriff's homicide detective believed that the girlfriend of Coronado mansion owner Jonah Shacknai was the victim of foul play when he first arrived on the scene, according to a search warrant unsealed Tuesday.

But San Diego County Sheriff's Det. Brian Patterson quickly changed his mind about Rebecca Zahau's death once he had the legal authority to search the mansion.

In the application for the warrant, Patterson said he suspected Zahau had been murdered because her legs and feet had been tied.

Based on that suspicion, a judge approved the warrant for detectives to search the Spreckels mansion owned by Shacknai, Zahau's boyfriend and a multimillionaire pharmaceutical executive.

But the search warrants suggest that Patterson and other investigators quickly decided that, although the circumstances were unusual, Zahau had committed suicide by hanging.

That's a good question, and no we never were able to speak with him. After reviewing the reports it seems he was not on the investigation long.

I recall the Discovery ID episode which aired May 2018 with hosts Derrick and Kris. Is there a new Discovery program planned? TIA.

Looking forward to the Oxygen series.
Hmmm, methinks the Oxygen one won't be that great either :(. I was watching a show on Oxygen earlier tonight and they were promoting the series. At the end, the last guy talking about it says something like "this case is so frustrating because you don't even know if there's a bad guy at the end of the story".
Ugh! Will Oxygen Find New Evidence in the Rebecca Zahau Death?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back