Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am NOT defending these monsters actions as they abused this poor child or allowed one to do so. But, I don’t think they intended him to die. They need to rot for what they did, but when he died I think they got paranoid because they were not expecting it. Them telling the other child about him falling down the stairs Kindve shook me. I feel like whatever happened was stair related and it went all wrong and since he had bruises/marks on him, they’d get pinned. I could be so wrong, but why tell a 3-4 year old that? They could’ve pushed him down the stairs even and not realized the danger. I just don’t think they meant to kill him. But, whatever happened led to his death sadly. She kept telling that woman “I just want my kid back” and was very frantic...I think that might’ve been real even given her actions of abuse.

I am not sure what to say. Beatings. Beatings. And, beatings on a continuous basis. Locking him in a room for hours. And, every hand they laid on him--including the staircase, if that happened. Their blatant disregard for his well being is stunning and horrifying. I can't buy that they had no idea that they were marching him toward death. His behavior may have been difficult but he had no control over soiling himself or not doing the dishes to their specifications. He was never going to be out of the cycle of violence that they created, regardless of how hard he tried. With JC, her mother was so worried about the older son that she fought like hell to get him out. Can't get to the idea that they didn't understand the danger that he was in.

Last edited:
I am not sure what to say. Beating. Beating. And, beating on a continuous basis. Locking him in a room for hours. And, everything they have done--including the staircase, if that happened. Their blatant disregard for his well being is stunning and horrifying. I can't buy that they had no idea that they were marching him toward death. His behavior may have been difficult but he had no control over soiling himself or not doing the dishes to their specifications. He was never going to be out of the cycle of violence that they created, regardless of how hard he tried. With JC, her mother was so worried about the older son that she fought like hell to get him out. Can't get to the idea that they did't understand the danger that he was in.

I agree, but some ppl are hard headed and don’t realize their actions until it is too late. I’m def not defending these monsters, but if that child did in fact have O.D.D that she thought he had she might have actually passed that gene to him and that would explain her own violent behavior. My son has ADHD/possible ODD and his dr said it can be in a genetic line and my son is very very impulsive. Her house being the way it is, there’s clearly something wrong in her mind to think that is ok.

It was reported earlier that the house was sold at auction in February and that they were supposed to be out by the first of April. I'm assuming they got the eviction notice soon after the sale and that they were basically squatting and the buyer would have to go through the whole legal process to get them out.
Boats, sonar used but still no updates in search for missing Crystal Lake boy
Records show this home was foreclosed on and sold at auction in February, and neighbors say the family was supposed to move out two weeks ago.

That's what's in the timeline too. I agree with you. They were likely planning on staying until they were either physically removed or legally removed.
jmo

I am not sure what to say. Beating. Beating. And, beating on a continuous basis. Locking him in a room for hours. And, everything they have done--including the staircase, if that happened. Their blatant disregard for his well being is stunning and horrifying. I can't buy that they had no idea that they were marching him toward death. His behavior may have been difficult but he had no control over soiling himself or not doing the dishes to their specifications. He was never going to be out of the cycle of violence that they created, regardless of how hard he tried. With JC, her mother was so worried about the older son that she fought like hell to get him out. Can't get to the idea that they did't understand the danger that he was in.

And as for the dishes thing, idk if I believe that. I think that the first child was always in trouble for dishes and that father/attorney remembered and came up with that to pin more on just her since that was a big deal with her oldest son when he was taken. I’m not believing everything that dad says as he was the first to talk and confess after seeing that video so he had an advantage to pin it more on just her.

I agree, but some ppl are hard headed and don’t realize their actions until it is too late. I’m def not defending these monsters, but if that child did in fact have O.D.D that she thought he had she might have actually passed that gene to him and that would explain her own violent behavior. My son has ADHD/possible ODD and his dr said it can be in a genetic line and my son is very very impulsive. Her house being the way it is, there’s clearly something wrong in her mind to think that is ok.

Yes it's called D R U G S. They fry your brain among other things.

With as much interaction with DCFS & LE as this family had. There was not one mention of behavioral problems from anyone. Not even a whisper. Don't you think someone along the way would have said something?

With as much interaction with DCFS & LE as this family had. There was not one mention of behavioral problems from anyone. Not even a whisper. Don't you think someone along the way would have said something?

She had behavioral problems in her past from what I read and she lied a lot. And people with ADHD/ODD usually end up drug addicts if they’re untreated. Not sure why though. I should probably look into that though for my own child.

Has anyone heard anything from her side of the story? I’m interested in what she has to say. Do they get news or newspapers in there because if so she is seeing everything he is saying and that could ruin everything.

I have no expertise except from watching "Hoarders" on tv. For homes that have infestations like that there are inspectors who come in and assess the homes regarding all hazards. Oddly enough, not all homes on the show get condemned. It will be interesting to see what the outcome on this home will be. While I know that the community wants a park rather than that home or another home, the process of creating a park, funding its upkeep, and liability issues may be more complicated if there is not an entity coming forward to purchase it out right for that purpose.

If Dole was Drew’s childhood home, I think a lot of the stuff belonged to his mom, then he added to it. When The female murderer moved in, I doubt she had much in the way of belongings. Normal for addicts to swap material items for drugs.
#theyarederanged

Has anyone heard anything from her side of the story? I’m interested in what she has to say. Do they get news or newspapers in there because if so she is seeing everything he is saying and that could ruin everything.

Our county jail does not allow the local newspaper as it causes problems. They do have TV & watch the news. If there’s an inmate featured on the news, the TVs are generally turned off to keep peace & prevent staff from being injured.

IIRC, I think it was said in an article early on that he went there looking around the playground saying he thought perhaps AJ would’ve went there.
He went inside the school and talked to the assistant principle asking if he’d seen AJ around the school yard?

Someone local commented under the news article that they saw him at the school that morning as their child goes to that same school. She said he was dressed in a suit and she didn’t recognize him as one of the familiar faces there. She said at the time, by the way he was dressed she just thought he was dropping his child off and on his way to work.

JMO
Thanks! I guess we’re supposed to believe they took AJ there to play and socialize with other kids? Ha!

I think she diagnosed AJ just to validate her actions. She prob never heard of ODD until her friend mentioned it.
All kids are defiant, especially attention starved kids.
Somehow she got a rush out of beating AJ, imo.
She is one sick, evil woman.

I think JC/Drew ODD!

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Poor AJ. He was removed from his mother's care due to his being born with drugs in his system the first step of child abuse. He was not bonded and attached to her, through no fault of his own, and she probably never had the strong maternal feelings like she did of her youngest son. JC obviously took her aggression and anger out on AJ.

There is no excuse for what either of these scummy parents did to their innocent son. I hope neither one see the light of day.

Last edited by a moderator:
She had behavioral problems in her past from what I read and she lied a lot. And people with ADHD/ODD usually end up drug addicts if they’re untreated. Not sure why though. I should probably look into that though for my own child.

My oldest son was diagnosed ADHD/ODD when he was kid and then diagnosed as an adult with Schizoaffective disorder. The hardest thing is that they are very medication resistant. He refuses to take any meds at all. No major drug issues other than he’s smoked weed over the years, but his main issue is alcohol. He self-medicates with alcohol instead of staying on his meds. He’s in his mid 30’s.

JMO

Last edited:
I am NOT defending these monsters actions as they abused this poor child or allowed one to do so. But, I don’t think they intended him to die. They need to rot for what they did, but when he died I think they got paranoid because they were not expecting it. Them telling the other child about him falling down the stairs Kindve shook me. I feel like whatever happened was stair related and it went all wrong and since he had bruises/marks on him, they’d get pinned. I could be so wrong, but why tell a 3-4 year old that? They could’ve pushed him down the stairs even and not realized the danger. I just don’t think they meant to kill him. But, whatever happened led to his death sadly. She kept telling that woman “I just want my kid back” and was very frantic...I think that might’ve been real even given her actions of abuse.[/

They poured boiling water on him, beat him within in an inch of his life for going potty in his bed, inflicted numerous black eyes and large bodily bruises. All of this in the years leading up to his death, did they “mean” to kill him? Well, they certainly didn’t mean not to. A very young child’s body can only take so much and overtime the wounds were compounded by the repeated attacks. I’m sure the complete autopsy will reveal bone fractures, burns, bruises and cuts in various stages of healing, head injuries, internal injuries. Any one could figure out a human would die after enduring repeated abuse. This wasn’t an accidentally death. He was beaten to death following years of torture.

I understand you want to believe it was an accident in some heat of the moment argument because it’s very hard to understand how parents could hate a sweet little boy this much but they did. They hated him and he was literally their whipping boy who they blamed for all their own failings. They not only beat him to death...they enjoyed it. It made them feel powerful and they truly convinced themselves he deserved it. They probably still think he did

They poured boiling water on him, beat him within in an inch of his life for going potty in his bed, inflicted numerous black eyes and large bodily bruises. All of this in the years leading up to his death, did they “mean” to kill him? Well, they certainly didn’t mean not to. A very young child’s body can only take so much and overtime the wounds were compounded by the repeated attacks. I’m sure the complete autopsy will reveal bone fractures, burns, bruises and cuts in various stages of healing, head injuries, internal injuries. Any one could figure out a human would die after enduring repeated abuse. This wasn’t an accidentally death. He was beaten to death following years of torture.

I understand you want to believe it was an accident in some heat of the moment argument because it’s very hard to understand how parents could hate a sweet little boy this much but they did. They hated him and he was literally their whipping boy who they blamed for all their own failings. They not only beat him to death...they enjoyed it. It made them feel powerful and they truly convinced themselves he deserved it. They probably still think he did.

If Dole was Drew’s childhood home, I think a lot of the stuff belonged to his mom, then he added to it. When The female murderer moved in, I doubt she had much in the way of belongings. Normal for addicts to swap material items for drugs.
#theyarederanged

I did find that his mother passed away in 2006, but I haven’t been able to find an obit for her anywhere.
JMO

This breaks my heart so much. I’m not sure if I’m having a depressing time or if this is normal for me to hurt so much. I don’t think I’ve hurt so much over a child before and I’m constantly looking for updates and I’ve never done that before either. If this isn’t normal please let me know, I’ve just had a baby within the last year and I’ve had some depression. This is really hitting me hard.

I don't know about "normal", which is overrated anyway, but I obsessively check for updates too. I won't get any real answers, and what I do find hurts so much. I can't get AJ out of my head. I think a lot of WSers are the same. Now depression is no joke, and postpartum, it can be a doozy. If reading this is too much to handle, maybe take a break. I understand that's easier said than done. Each child I obsessively read about (Aaliyah Lunsford, Jhessey Shockley, Lucas Hernandez, so many others...) leaves his/her sweet little face stamped in my mind and heart. I always say I can't read another case, but then inevitably another one comes along, and I feel like I can't ignore it. I have to listen to the story because some precious little one wasn't heard in life. I understand what you're saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth