Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope not, it would be nice for someone to do the right thing for the kids and to keep the remaining little ones together. I've also been concerned about it, especially if he thinks that custody would allow him access to some of the money from the fundraiser. MOO

That has been on my mind as well.

The funeral home donated all services and it was quoted in a news article that the 59K from the fundraiser will go to the siblings which is quite the incentive to obtain custody.

I hope the grandmother that raised the oldest takes the 2 younger siblings.

She did a great job raising him, IMO.

What a resilient young man he is.

MOO

Last edited:
That has been on my mind as well.

The funeral home donated all services and it was quoted in a news article that the 59K from the *** will go to the siblings which is quite the incentive to obtain custody.

I hope the grandmother that raised the oldest takes the 2 younger siblings.

She did a great job raising him, IMO.

What a resilient young man he is.

MOO

I think P is with the original foster family for AJ. Their attorney spoke out recently, if you recall. Idk any other reason they’d have an atty speaking on their behalf unless they are applying for adoptive custody of P. Hopefully, he will be paced quickly, without animosity amongst family members. I’d hate for him to repeatedly need to move & start over.

I’ll never understand why people like these two even have children. Did she delude herself into thinking she actually wanted children? Was she too high or too lazy to use birth control? To hold on to a man?
I just don’t get it.

To validate her own self worth and existence? In order to have her “own person” to love her? So that the child(rens’) father(s) would financially support her so she didn’t have to work? Or as you said, too high or lazy to use birth control, and/or to hold onto a man?

I think she viewed them as possessions rather than people.

I know someone who (rightly) had her child taken away from her. Conditions were similar to this case. She immediately hooked up with another guy and popped out another baby (by him or possibly another man). She doesn’t work and never did. There is mental illness involved. You never know what goes on behind closed doors, and those guilty of abuse can be masters at hiding, isolating, working the system, etc.

She had behavioral problems in her past from what I read and she lied a lot. And people with ADHD/ODD usually end up drug addicts if they’re untreated. Not sure why though. I should probably look into that though for my own child.

Because if left untreated, those with adhd self-medicate, lack impulse control and have very little control over executive functions. Untreated ODD often turns to conduct disorder, problems with authority and criminal behavior. I have a child with adhd/odd and it can drive the most patient, educated, loving parent to the edge of sanity. It takes a lot of dedication to manage ODD and imo, medication and psychological and psychiatric support. If AJ really had this, I’m surprised he lived to 5, especially with addicted parents and (likely) no therapeutical support.

I think P is with the original foster family for AJ. Their attorney spoke out recently, if you recall. Idk any other reason they’d have an atty speaking on their behalf unless they are applying for adoptive custody of P. Hopefully, he will be paced quickly, without animosity amongst family members. I’d hate for him to repeatedly need to move & start over.

Hmm, I recall the murderers giving DCFS care of their youngest. Do you have a link referencing that P is with AJ's previous fosters?

DCFS to care for AJ Freund's younger brother; prosecutors attempt to revoke parental rights | Northwest Herald

The Crystal Lake parents accused of killing 5-year-old AJ Freund have agreed to have the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services care for their younger son, while prosecutors attempt to revoke the former couple’s parental rights.

Prosecutors also filed a petition seeking more permanent measures to terminate 60-year-old Freund’s and 36-year-old Cunningham’s parental rights.

If the parents are found unfit, their child could be moved to another home longterm or placed for adoption, DCFS Deputy of Communications Jassen Strokosch said. The process could take several months. For now, neither Cunningham nor Freund is allowed to have contact with the boy, whom an attorney will represent in court.

Following AJ’s disappearance, DCFS removed the boy’s younger brother from the home while the agency investigates abuse and neglect allegations. Details about the 4-year-old boy’s living arrangements were not disclosed in open court. Before additional decisions are made, Freund must complete a paternity test to confirm that he is the younger child’s biological father.

edit for spelling

Last edited:
What would him being a lawyer have to do with assistance? Not sure what you mean? Tia

I forgot that his license was suspended in 2015ish? You have to be under a certain income bracket and not have assets to get it. It has a lot to do with it. But since he didn’t have a license at that time they probably were getting some kind of assistance.

Because if left untreated, those with adhd self-medicate, lack impulse control and have very little control over executive functions. Untreated ODD often turns to conduct disorder, problems with authority and criminal behavior. I have a child with adhd/odd and it can drive the most patient, educated, loving parent to the edge of sanity. It takes a lot of dedication to manage ODD and imo, medication and psychological and psychiatric support. If AJ really had this, I’m surprised he lived to 5, especially with addicted parents and (likely) no therapeutical support.

And she probably diagnosed him, comparing him to the child that was actually diagnosed (according to friend).
I think she simply could not be bothered by AJ, his curiosity, talking & breathing bothered her.
She could not take time to potty train him? Even though she had custody of him at 2? 3+ years later he’s still in diapers/pull ups? How did she expect him to not wet his bed if locked in his room? She’s crazy.

And she probably diagnosed him, comparing him to the child that was actually diagnosed (according to friend).
I think she simply could not be bothered by AJ, his curiosity, talking & breathing bothered her.
She could not take time to potty train him? Even though she had custody of him at 2? 3+ years later he’s still in diapers/pull ups? How did she expect him to not wet his bed if locked in his room? She’s crazy.

There was something def wrong in her mind. Apparently the dog wasn’t either potty trained or taken care of either.

Snipped for brevity. Bolding mine.

Ita.

Was thinking about the wrist bandages... you beat me to it.
What in god's name were they doing to AJ ? :( :mad:

I think this will get worse.
More torture. More of a daily,brutal existence.
This was not an isolated experience, but abuse on a daily and hourly basis.

If you are blessed with a child--- you do not have the right to mistreat him/her in any way.
They're not your "possession".
You are tasked to rear them in a safe, responsible, and loving environment.

A child is a privilege that isn't granted to everyone.

Hard to click Like. But I agree. Poor little baby.

Hmm, I recall the murders giving DCFS care of their youngest. Do you have a link referencing that P is with AJ's previous fosters?

DCFS to care for AJ Freund's younger brother; prosecutors attempt to revoke parental rights | Northwest Herald

The Crystal Lake parents accused of killing 5-year-old AJ Freund have agreed to have the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services care for their younger son, while prosecutors attempt to revoke the former couple’s parental rights.

Prosecutors also filed a petition seeking more permanent measures to terminate 60-year-old Freund’s and 36-year-old Cunningham’s parental rights.

If the parents are found unfit, their child could be moved to another home longterm or placed for adoption, DCFS Deputy of Communications Jassen Strokosch said. The process could take several months. For now, neither Cunningham nor Freund is allowed to have contact with the boy, whom an attorney will represent in court.

Following AJ’s disappearance, DCFS removed the boy’s younger brother from the home while the agency investigates abuse and neglect allegations. Details about the 4-year-old boy’s living arrangements were not disclosed in open court. Before additional decisions are made, Freund must complete a paternity test to confirm that he is the younger child’s biological father.

I’ll look, as time allows, the State placed him with a family, iirc.

Patch.com is one news source stating P is with loving family. Previously linked.

Last edited:
Seeing a doctor was out of the question.

<modsnipped> I don’t understand why people would rather hurt/abuse kids than just give them up. Do you think P would’ve been subjected to abuse as he was aging? I can’t say it was just AJ abused as her oldest was getting treated poorly as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
In Illinois, consideration for children born to mothers serving time is given to family members if it's in the best interest of the child. Court documents obtained by CNN on Thursday said the father of Cunningham's baby is not Freund.

A cell phone video led to father's confession in the killing of AJ Freund.

"If the father is able to care for the newborn, they would have custody of the child," Strokosch said. "If there isn't a father available and absent other plans, DCFS becomes involved. We would work with the courts to create a plan for the child based on the best interest of the newborn."

The father is family so I fully expect “him” to get involved, his family is also “family”, so imo it is up in the air where the baby will ultimately end up.

Thank you for your candor. I wish you the best of luck and successful therapy for you and your child.

I really don't think that AJ was a child who had an official dx or any supports. I believe that his age coupled with his reaction to stressors based on the family's chaotic lifestyle was not compatible with their drug induced life.

In Illinois, consideration for children born to mothers serving time is given to family members if it's in the best interest of the child. Court documents obtained by CNN on Thursday said the father of Cunningham's baby is not Freund.

A cell phone video led to father's confession in the killing of AJ Freund.

"If the father is able to care for the newborn, they would have custody of the child," Strokosch said. "If there isn't a father available and absent other plans, DCFS becomes involved. We would work with the courts to create a plan for the child based on the best interest of the newborn."

The father is family so I fully expect “him” to get involved, his family is also “family”, so imo it is up in the air where the baby will ultimately end up.

I wished the grandmother could take the baby. But, she’s already raised one of her children and idk her age. My mom raised a grandchild(brothers child) and she told me when he had another that she could not raise anymore grandchildren because of her health and it isn’t fair to her to have to raise everyone else’s children. It sounds very harsh...but I understood. I think my mom would though if she had to. She just hope she doesn’t.

<modsnipped quoted post>

Seeing a doctor was out of the question.

But we know he was taken to a physician months before he was murdered so he was taken to physicians in the past.

And I still wonder if there was some Munchausen by Proxy Syndrome going on with her.

There were photos of his injuries posted on FB, his burns specifically, and he was even taken out for Halloween in bandage wraps drawing attention and risking infection. There were family photos posted of them in the ER, and photos and videos on her phone of his beatings which I believe she shared with a select few.

MOO

Andrew ‘AJ’ Freund hinted at parental abuse to Illinois doctor just months before he was found murdered

December 2018, just months before Andrew Freund’s parents were charged with his murder, the Illinois boy suggested to an emergency room doctor he might have been hit by his mother, according to a summary of Department of Children and Family Service records released Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your candor. I wish you the best of luck and successful therapy for you and your child.

I really don't think that AJ was a child who had an official dx or any supports. I believe that his age coupled with his reaction to stressors based on the family's chaotic lifestyle was not compatible with their drug induced life.

We never really will know. I could tell my son was different than the other kids though. Him being born with opioids in his system may have caused some issues. But, like I said...we will never even know

But we know he was taken to a physician months before he was murdered so he was taken to physicians in the past.

And I still wonder if there was some Munchausen by Proxy Syndrome going on with her.

There were photos of his injuries posted on FB, his burns specifically, and he was even taken out for Halloween in bandage wraps drawing attention and risking infection. There were family photos posted of them in the ER, and photos and videos on her phone of his beatings which I believe she shared with a select few.

MOO

Andrew ‘AJ’ Freund hinted at parental abuse to Illinois doctor just months before he was found murdered

December 2018, just months before Andrew Freund’s parents were charged with his murder, the Illinois boy suggested to an emergency room doctor he might have been hit by his mother, according to a summary of Department of Children and Family Service records released Friday.

I think the Halloween was of 2017 and the neighbor said that JC said she took him to ER over those burns. If she had, they would’ve def had that on the report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23