Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting this, osu. Right now all eyes are on the DCFS and they acknowledged in meeting the absolute repeated failures.

In that video, it was mentioned an additional 7 million dollars is in their account that was not there last year to use for training, and hiring additional staff etc.

Let us hope the heat and accountability will keep the pressure that will enforce the necessary changes in a quick and thorough fashion.

Again, I can only hope that there are dedicated individuals that will band together and hold all accountable and ensure those monies are allocated appropriately for all the innocent vulnerable children in similar situations that are relying on US to help them - to save them. MOO

I have been part of this WS community for a while. I am hoping for change at IL DCFS and agencies in all other states. AJ is not the first child so brutally murdered but he has certainly gotten lots of attention. I know why but question why it takes repeated child maiming, torture and death to get the attention of the populace. Thousands of kids in agency care /followed by agencies are living in this condition--- abused, squalid living conditions, and not having the kinds of childhood experiences that will help them to develop into whole, healthy adults--- one step away from tragedy. AJ's family lived in a nice neighborhood but his zip code couldn't save him. The system is flawed and will remain flawed until the focus of protection shifts from parent/family rights to children's right to have a quality home life. I know that this is an unpopular thought chain because every time we are confronted with family abuse/violence/death we are outraged but no laws change. This is about the will of the electorate more than it is about the design and actions of the agencies. AJ's parents had to work hard to lose their rights because family reunification and low standards of care are about the parent/caregiver right rather than the child's needs. JMHO.

I have been part of this WS community for a while. I am hoping for change at IL DCFS and agencies in all other states.

Exactly, because they are all lax, imo. The cases they have are the reported cases. Sadly, too many go unreported, as no one is aware of what goes on behind closed doors.
Idk how anyone thought a bi-polar heroin addict could parent. Smh
Moo

ETA: so sad to see the crowd lined up to say good bye to AJ, anyone of them probably could have given him a wonderful life. All JC had to do was give him up....

Last edited:
What is so scary is JC was a foster Mom. What’s to say DFCS takes them from abusive families and puts them right back into another drug addicted foster family just like JC? Stricter laws vetting foster families should take place but then again there’s a shortage of homes. I’m getting sick just thinking about all this.

What is so scary is JC was a foster Mom. What’s to say DFCS takes them from abusive families and puts them right back into another drug addicted foster family just like JC? Stricter laws vetting foster families should take place but then again there’s a shortage of homes. I’m getting sick just thinking about all this.

We think she was a family foster care giver, never went thru the hoops to actually be certified. I think almost anyone can be certified though. I know in my area, one can.

Fingers crossed neither monster goes to trial. We know everyone is entitled to a defense, fair trial, blah blah. But AJ had no rights. IMO, neither monster has a defense. They are cold blooded murderers.

Village of Barrington
21 minutes ago

If you would like to pay your respects to young AJ Freund of Crystal Lake, his funeral procession will be coming down Route 14 through Barrington a little past noon today, Saturday, May 4.

The procession is starting in Crystal Lake at around noon and will continue through Cary, Fox River Grove, Lake Barrington, Barrington, and Palatine. The Route is Route 14 to Baldwin to Roselle and on to St. Michaels Cemetery( 62 and Roselle).

Village of Barrington

Thank you osu, after yesterday with going to the Funeral Home, I am truly mentally exhausted.
That was very hard, that hit me and others there like a ton of bricks.

Being there was just so reality hitting. All through the time that AJ was reported missing and then all of us learning the horrific outcome was devastating.
But once I arrived at the Funeral Home osu, reality hit set in even more. The ones that I spoke to in line waiting were just in utter shock. Once we stepped through the threshold of the door and saw the huge teddy bear and balloons, we were speechless and tears came more.

In line inside, feet away from the casket, there was a table filled with toys and beanie babies. I cried even more. The Kleenex I had in my hand at the time was wet and useless. A mother with a baby in a stroller and a young girl and boy. The boy appeared to be approximately 5 or 6 years old. The table to the right of us had bouquets of flowers and a box of Kleenex. I went to reach for it and before I could do that, the little boy pulled out a tissue and handed it to me, then handed one to his mother. All of the children there were so well behaved.

When I got to AJ's casket and knelt down I was so overwhelmed with grief and panic. It hit me more than anything that I have ever been hit with being right in front of the casket that contained a defenseless little Angel that was innocent and did nothing wrong at all.

Our Angel would be alive today if not for the demons that inflicted the torture during his short life.

Our Angel would be alive if the "Professional" Child Services employees personally involved in overseeing AJ's safety and welfare did not enable those demons to continue their mission of torturing and finally taking the life of our AJ.

I cannot thank the Crystal Lake Police Department enough for everything that they have done for AJ. They reported the facts and recorded evidence, yet the Child Service employees saw nothing wrong. The Crystal Lake Police Department was there from the beginning and they are there in this death. I do not know if you are allowed to say anything to an Honor Guard standing to the right of the casket, but I did and I said thank you to the Crystal Lake Police Department Honor Guard. He acknowledged me.

Who knows what AJ's purpose in life would have been if lived. All I know is that evil succeeded in ensuring that AJ was taken out before he had a chance to do that. Yes, in his death, hopefully there are changes made, but I have to wonder what AJ would have grown up to be if the forces of Child Services did not override the Crystal Lake Police Department to seal and finalize the removal of AJ from this earth.

Respecfully,
Thora Jay

Exactly, because they are all lax, imo. The cases they have are the reported cases. Sadly, too many go unreported, as no one is aware of what goes on behind closed doors.
Idk how anyone thought a bi-polar heroin addict could parent. Smh
Moo

ETA: so sad to see the crowd lined up to say good bye to AJ, anyone of them probably could have given him a wonderful life. All JC had to do was give him up....

I am not even thinking about how to get to the kids whose families are not reported. In just the reported cases, we, too often in my opinion, see marginal change and closed cases. As soon as the abusive families can recede into the shadows, many children become at great risk waiting for someone to shed some light. My point is that it is just not inept/uncaring/lazy caseworkers or investigators that fail these kids. These workers have to work within the guidelines and time constraints given. In AJ's case, the monsters were able to keep the caseworker out of their home for a month after there was cause for alarm-- in that time bruises heal, the memory of 3, 4, or 5 year old fades, the home gets cleaned up, the parent can get clean for a pee test (maybe?). In AJ's case, the monsters knew enough to go to the Taco Bell to report a robbery because then they didn't have to allow access to their home and the kids. In AJ's case, it is reported that he was developing well until the case was closed and the foster parents were frozen out of visits, etc. The caseworkers couldn't get access to the home. The caseworkers had to rely on the other systems at play. Yes, I do know that the McHenry Co. Attorney had difficulties with the DCFS system and cooperation. And, I also think that if social workers were hired and paid for their expertise and given reasonable caseloads with access to children and homes, things would have been different for this boy and his siblings. For goodness sakes, the system was so desperate that they hired JC to be a foster and it took a lot to get her older son (and the foster child?) out of her care. Just freaking ridiculous.

Ita @kaen & @Thora_Jay

I hope JC/Drew both endure the most miserable of circumstances for the rest of their days, locked in their sparsely furnished cells. They deserve absolutely nothing.
I hope JC’s mom never contacts her & I hope if any “nut” puts money on the books for JC it is given to P.

It has affected me in the same way. My Son is 18 mths and im pregnant with our 2nd (6 months). Im doing everything you are with regards to what you wrote, never been affected like this before either.

Im sure we arent the only ones. Just gotta hug our lil ones extra & wish AJ the best up in Heaven ❤

This is a horrific case. That said, if anyone is experiencing anxiety, depression or having a difficult time, I strongly encourage you to get help. Talk to a doctor. Be honest. Do whatever you can to take care of yourself. Post-partum anxiety and depression can appear long after delivery.

If I recall correctly, when the older son was smaller, Gma was there often (cleaning, caring for the older son, and showing up when needed). That made it so that Gma could get custody because she had details and first hand knowledge. When AJ was in foster care, I am sure that things were difficult between Gma and the monster. The cutoff seemed to occur after AJ was back in the home and after DCFS closed the case. I think the monster realized that any interaction between her and family would open the door for them to build a dossier for taking the two little ones. I don't see it as a lack of trying but more that the monster realized how dangerous her mother was and boxed her out.

Yes, according to the news report below, she obtained custody by documenting the filth of the home and how often she had to clean animal feces off the floor or wash 10 loads of urine soaked clothing. Her petition for custody of the oldest son reads like a horror story. The oldest son was subjected to much of the same abuses as AJ but his grandmother saved him. I wish someone would have done the same for AJ. It’s difficult to understand why they were allowed custody of the younger siblings after the oldest was removed and AJ was born addicted.
A.J. Freund's Mother Saw Oldest Son Taken Away After History of Abuse, Records Show

Yes, according to the news report below, she obtained custody by documenting the filth of the home and how often she had to clean animal feces off the floor or wash 10 loads of urine soaked clothing. Her petition for custody of the oldest son reads like a horror story. The oldest son was subjected to much of the same abuses as AJ but his grandmother saved him. I wish someone would have done the same for AJ. It’s difficult to understand why they were allowed custody of the younger siblings after the oldest was removed and AJ was born addicted.
A.J. Freund's Mother Saw Oldest Son Taken Away After History of Abuse, Records Show

Fortunately grandma was allowed in the home to save A from death.
Once JC locked her doors, so to speak, that was a big red banner!

Thank you osu, after yesterday with going to the Funeral Home, I am truly mentally exhausted.
That was very hard, that hit me and others there like a ton of bricks.

Being there was just so reality hitting. All through the time that AJ was reported missing and then all of us learning the horrific outcome was devastating.
But once I arrived at the Funeral Home osu, reality hit set in even more. The ones that I spoke to in line waiting were just in utter shock. Once we stepped through the threshold of the door and saw the huge teddy bear and balloons, we were speechless and tears came more.

In line inside, feet away from the casket, there was a table filled with toys and beanie babies. I cried even more. The Kleenex I had in my hand at the time was wet and useless. A mother with a baby in a stroller and a young girl and boy. The boy appeared to be approximately 5 or 6 years old. The table to the right of us had bouquets of flowers and a box of Kleenex. I went to reach for it and before I could do that, the little boy pulled out a tissue and handed it to me, then handed one to his mother. All of the children there were so well behaved.

When I got to AJ's casket and knelt down I was so overwhelmed with grief and panic. It hit me more than anything that I have ever been hit with being right in front of the casket that contained a defenseless little Angel that was innocent and did nothing wrong at all.

Our Angel would be alive today if not for the demons that inflicted the torture during his short life.

Our Angel would be alive if the "Professional" Child Services employees personally involved in overseeing AJ's safety and welfare did not enable those demons to continue their mission of torturing and finally taking the life of our AJ.

I cannot thank the Crystal Lake Police Department enough for everything that they have done for AJ. They reported the facts and recorded evidence, yet the Child Service employees saw nothing wrong. The Crystal Lake Police Department was there from the beginning and they are there in this death. I do not know if you are allowed to say anything to an Honor Guard standing to the right of the casket, but I did and I said thank you to the Crystal Lake Police Department Honor Guard. He acknowledged me.

Who knows what AJ's purpose in life would have been if lived. All I know is that evil succeeded in ensuring that AJ was taken out before he had a chance to do that. Yes, in his death, hopefully there are changes made, but I have to wonder what AJ would have grown up to be if the forces of Child Services did not override the Crystal Lake Police Department to seal and finalize the removal of AJ from this earth.

Respecfully,
Thora Jay
Such a beautiful, heart felt post Thora Jay. It is beyond our comprehension how this continues to occur to thousands of children across the United States every day. When are we as a society going to focus on what's most important, our CHILDREN, and change the laws, system and whatever else we can do?

God bless AJ and I feel some comfort knowing he's in a much better place far away from the pain and torture he endured in that hell house.

She may have had some level of fear but I think after years of DCFS being called, all the alleged visits and nothing happened -- there was a level of bold confidence, IMO.

BUT.... have you noticed her hair is always done? In several of the photos she has sunkissed highlights and during the whole situation of AJ "missing" her hair is bleach blonde WITH NO ROOTS! Her nails were done too. She is making appointments.
And Drew's hair is always cut and tapered nicely. And he did work at some level.

So, it is of my opinion that they functioned better then what some of us think. MOO

JC was apparently a successful hairdresser before she turned to drugs. I’m not sure what the training requirements are but here you have to learn how to do nails along with doing hair. Even if you never planning on doing nails, it’s still required education to obtain your license. It’s very possible she was doing her own hair and nails as well as cutting Drew’s and the boys hair. Another possibility is a former coworker, trying to be kind, would help her out from time to time. I don’t think her hair and nails being done means she had to even leave her house to do it. She probably functioned well enough to practice her trade on herself and her family.

I’ve read conflicting stories. Some saying family did have a part of AJ and then others saying he didn’t. It’s actuslly been very conflicting stories.

Well, going by the main photos on her Facebook, they did have contact with her and the boys. As you can see, the picture is of her with AJ and P and her oldest son and his prom date. Had to have been taken within the last 12 to 18 months.

Attachments

• 343BE12F-78BD-4373-96C8-9700ED1A5868.jpeg
    343BE12F-78BD-4373-96C8-9700ED1A5868.jpeg
    394.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Such a beautiful, heart felt post Thora Jay. It is beyond our comprehension how this continues to occur to thousands of children across the United States every day. When are we as a society going to focus on what's most important, our CHILDREN, and change the laws, system and whatever else we can do?

God bless AJ and I feel some comfort knowing he's in a much better place far away from the pain and torture he endured in that hell house.

Dear Girlhasnoname,
I cannot thank you enough for your heart to me girlhasnoname.

I am home with my Websleuths family for the weekend not leaving my home until work Monday morning.
Respectfully,
Thora Jay

The oldest son was subjected to much of the same abuses as AJ but his grandmother saved him. I wish someone would have done the same for AJ. It’s difficult to understand why they were allowed custody of the younger siblings after the oldest was removed and AJ was born addicted.

JC got wise after she lost the older one. She cut ties when she could-- with AJ's foster family and her bio family. After her case was closed, she wouldn't let people see the kids if at all possible. Even when she reported things to the police, she did it at a place that was not her home. She knew she could deny entry into the home.

In DV cases, we know that the most vulnerable/dangerous time for a DV victim/survivor is right after they leave. That has been studied. When is the most dangerous time for an abused child? Are there distinct warning signs that a child may be killed in escalating abuse situations? It is time to get some answers and make some laws that protect the most vulnerable in our society.

Well, going by the main photos on her Facebook, they did have contact with her and the boys. As you can see, the picture is of her with AJ and P and her oldest son and his prom date. Had to have been taken within the last 12 to 18 months.

True. Probably not at the monster's home. Look how neat and clean the two younger boys look. She doesn't look healthy. The younger boy looks more filled out than AJ. Notice she didn't put up a pic of her standing next to the oldest son.

JC got wise after she lost the older one. She cut ties when she could-- with AJ's foster family and her bio family. After her case was closed, she wouldn't let people see the kids if at all possible. Even when she reported things to the police, she did it at a place that was not her home. She knew she could deny entry into the home.

In DV cases, we know that the most vulnerable/dangerous time for a DV victim/survivor is right after they leave. That has been studied. When is the most dangerous time for an abused child? Are there distinct warning signs that a child may be killed in escalating abuse situations? It is time to get some answers and make some laws that protect the most vulnerable in our society.

In AJ’s case, I think his older brother most likely would have ended up dead instead of AJ had the grandmother not fought tooth and nail for nearly a year to maintain custody of him. AJ’s death was predictable because there was no one to intercede on his behalf. The abuse his older brother endured could also have been fatal had it not been for the intervention of family. The only way AJ could have been saved is if JC had not been allowed custody of any other children after she lost custody of her first child. I’m not sure how she was able to gain custody of two other children after what happened with her oldest son and the foster child she had with her first husband. My son’s babysitter was adopted at birth because her parents lost custody of her two older siblings due to physical abuse and neglect. As soon as she was born, she was removed from her parents care at the hospital and never returned to them. This is the only way AJ could have lived.

Little AJ probably felt so safe with his big brother.
Even P looks sad, imo.

True. Probably not at the monster's home. Look how neat and clean the two younger boys look. She doesn't look healthy. The younger boy looks more filled out than AJ. Notice she didn't put up a pic of her standing next to the oldest son.

Hard to say what health issues she might have.
We know how careless IV drug users tend to be.....
Just sayin’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member