CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #52 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This crime was so gruesome. I just don't get it. What was the point of killing her? He didn't want to pay child support? And she actually let him in the house, put on a blindfold, to "smell candles", and he whacks her with a baseball bat?!

Where did all of the blood come from? Hitting her? Or did they dismember her body?
Head wounds bleed profusely. I don’t want to go more into detail because it is so gruesome.

PF and company have no respect for human life, yet clearly have concerns about the safety of the environment. Interesting.

Not so sure about that.

Burning a black plastic tote thingy in an outdoor bonfire isn't good for the environment.

Neither is burning a human body in an outdoor bonfire. So there's that, too.

JMO.

As far as the blood on the bleach bottle and Swiffer, I don't think it is that important. If it was the only possible evidence then it would matter. IMO, some tests for the presence of blood also react with bleach so further testing would be required to prove anything found was actually human blood. It would be nice for the prosecution if KB's blood is on the bleach bottle and/or the Swiffer. We don't know if there is some receipt floating around that shows PF or KK bought those products. We don't know if this might be the consumptive evidence that was initially thought to be very important. It is just one piece of the puzzle. MOO.

As far as the blood on the bleach bottle and Swiffer, I don't think it is that important. If it was the only possible evidence then it would matter. IMO, some tests for the presence of blood also react with bleach so further testing would be required to prove anything found was actually human blood. It would be nice for the prosecution if KB's blood is on the bleach bottle and/or the Swiffer. We don't know if there is some receipt floating around that shows PF or KK bought those products. We don't know if this might be the consumptive evidence that was initially thought to be very important. It is just one piece of the puzzle. MOO.

I agree, in and of itself, I don't think it's critical. I think in the absence of a body, prosecution may double down on each small piece of evidence.

I continue to be curious about the one item that hasn't been tested yet. It seems to me that if it was 'just' another piece of evidence - another blood spot in the condo, for example - neither side would care much about it. I can't see why defense would be so concerned about the integrity of the testing if it was just one of many pieces of evidence that in and of themselves don't make or break the case.

Whatever it is, the defense seems concerned about it - even with all the evidence that's already out there.

Shifting focus completely: a few weeks ago, some of us were poring through the text messages. One odd one that stood out appeared to be a gmail account for PF, along with password. Very odd: unless possibly KK and PF were going to use a common gmail account to communicate via drafts?

I agree, in and of itself, I don't think it's critical. I think in the absence of a body, prosecution may double down on each small piece of evidence.

I continue to be curious about the one item that hasn't been tested yet. It seems to me that if it was 'just' another piece of evidence - another blood spot in the condo, for example - neither side would care much about it. I can't see why defense would be so concerned about the integrity of the testing if it was just one of many pieces of evidence that in and of themselves don't make or break the case.

Whatever it is, the defense seems concerned about it - even with all the evidence that's already out there.

Shifting focus completely: a few weeks ago, some of us were poring through the text messages. One odd one that stood out appeared to be a gmail account for PF, along with password. Very odd: unless possibly KK and PF were going to use a common gmail account to communicate via drafts?

Or KKL was trying to get PF's password using KB's phone, over which he was the principal with Verizon. IMO

A bottle of bleach of unknown brand, a bottle of Simple Green cleaning product, and a green in color Swiffer cleaning unit are the subject of SW 18-120, listed in attachment “B”page 28. A good description of the simplicity of the presumptive testing procedure with Hemastix is found on Page 25, last paragraph. SW 18-120 was written December 17, 2019, and executed on December 19, 2018.
Hemastix is a very simple test strip with detects the chloride and hypochloride chemicals present in human blood in liquid suspension, most household bleaches and many bottled household cleaners. The strip will turn to green if the end of the strip contacts blood, or the household products in sufficient concentration. If the household products are in lesser concentration, the strip may turn various shades of pale green or even pink. The explanation given in the Affidavit is that these three products were actually tested on December 14, 2018 and were positive. It does not mention what color the test strips turned, or whether additional check testing was done with another product as recommended by the manufacturer(s) of the product. None of the courtroom tweets from the cause hearing of February 19, 2019 mention these items, and they were not introduced into evidence during that hearing.
My opinion is that the defense could have serious questions when this evidence is introduced. IMO

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/Teller/caseofinterest/2018CR330/002/18-118 Search Warrant.pdf
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/Teller/caseofinterest/2018CR330/002/18-120 Execution.pdf
Hemastix Presumptive Blood Test
Clorox® Regular Bleach₂ with CLOROMAX® | Clorox®
Household Products Database - Health and Safety Information on Household Products
https://www.amazon.com/Swiffer-Swee...=B00N6FT6TM&psc=1&refRID=0C9HJDTRFWFTSJFHRPH8
The positive presumptive test, will be irrelevant at trial.

It all comes down to whose blood it is, and that will be determined based on lab results.

It it’s not Kelsey’s blood, then it isn’t incriminating, and wouldn’t matter.

Or KKL was trying to get PF's password using KB's phone, over which he was the principal with Verizon. IMO

If they were using Google Mail then I hope the search warrants covered not just emails but a shared account using drafts to communicate.

IIRC, KK said she and PF sometimes communicated via FB PMs.

The positive presumptive test, will be irrelevant at trial.

It all comes down to whose blood it is, and that will be determined based on lab results.

It it’s not Kelsey’s blood, then it isn’t incriminating, and wouldn’t matter.

I'm guessing (and I could be wrong) that it's something the defense thinks might be a game-changer.

I think it's not just whose DNA - it's where it was found.

A previously untested blood spot in KB's car or condo? Given what we currently know, I can't see the defense worrying about that too much. RS's DNA on KB's bathroom counter? Now that could get interesting.

One possibility I have considered: (gruesome warning): if there was a trace of KB's brain/bone matter on something of PF's - his shoes/boots - then it would be all over. KB's blood alone wouldn't do it - he'd say something like she'd cut herself while they were out doing the cattle run - and point to the bloody sock as proof. We don't have her body, so we can't disprove a statement like that. But there's no way to explain away blood/bone matter.

(as always, just my opinion and I'm not going to be hurt if I've got it wrong and you can steer me straight!)

I'm guessing (and I could be wrong) that it's something the defense thinks might be a game-changer.

A previously untested blood spot in KB's car or condo? Given what we currently know, I can't see the defense worrying about that too much. RS's DNA on KB's bathroom counter? Now that could get interesting.

One possibility I have considered: (gruesome warning): if there was a trace of KB's brain/bone matter on something of PF's - his shoes/boots - then it would be all over. KB's blood alone wouldn't do it - he'd say something like she'd cut herself while they were out doing the cattle run - and point to the bloody sock as proof. We don't have her body, so we can't disprove a statement like that. But there's no way to explain away blood/bone matter.

(as always, just my opinion and I'm not going to be hurt if I've got it wrong and you can steer me straight!)
Who is RS?

Who is RS?

Robert Slagle, a local guy who claims to have known PF since before PF was born. He went to the condo with PF and made PF wait in the truck while he picked up a package off the porch because he didn't want PF to be on camera. He and PF went to the bank to see Thanksgiving Day footage of PF at the ATM.

He spoke briefly to Det. Slater after a press conference and basically made it clear that in his opinion, PF is completely innocent and KB was not a good person.

If they were using Google Mail then I hope the search warrants covered not just emails but a shared account using drafts to communicate.

IIRC, KK said she and PF sometimes communicated via FB PMs.

This is a two part summary:

First part (Email searches):

LE issued SW 18-117 on Dec 19, 2018 for KKL's Verizon emails, sent from and received in KKL's Verizon phone 208-731-6679.
LE issued SW 18-118 on Dec 17, 2018 for PF's emails and entire record for email account frazee1986@gmail.com.
LE issued SW 18-119 on 17 Dec 2018 for emails and entire records for KKL's gmail mrslee10210@gmail.com.

Second Part (FB mail searches):

LE issued SW 18-116 on Dec 14, 2018 for PF's FB emails. I believe Greg Slater testified that KKL had given LE free access to hers, but she had previously deleted all information.

Colorado Judicial Branch - Teller - Cases of Interest - The People of the State of Colorado v. Patrick Frazee

Wasn’t unknown male DNA found in Kelsey’s bathroom? I wonder if that is now “known” male DNA.
Jmo

Wasn’t unknown male DNA found in Kelsey’s bathroom? I wonder if that is now “known” male DNA.
Jmo
Hopefully they can figure out who it belongs to.

This happens a lot, and the defense invariably tries to point to some third party who could have committed this crime.

How important it is, all depends on the strategy of the defense.

If they decide that it’s unlikely that a jury will buy the “KK did it defense,” they might try and create an alternate scenario based on that DNA.

It’ll be interesting.

The positive blood tests regarding the cleaning supplies, was mentioned in one of the search warrants.
I was speaking of the headline that said the bathroom was covered in her blood. I didn’t think that had been established as yet....only by KKs statement. I agree about the cleaning supplies.

Hopefully they can figure out who it belongs to.

This happens a lot, and the defense invariably tries to point to some third party who could have committed this crime.

How important it is, all depends on the strategy of the defense.

If they decide that it’s unlikely that a jury will buy the “KK did it defense,” they might try and create an alternate scenario based on that DNA.

It’ll be interesting.
Unless PF pleads guilty, which I can never see him doing, this trial is going to be very interesting indeed.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Very curious as to why these two older men unloaded trash for a much younger and stronger PF while he sat in the truck. He sure is taken care of very well by his friends and family, don’t you think? Not saying that’s a bad thing but still leaves me curious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very curious as to why these two older men unloaded trash for a much younger and stronger PF while he sat in the truck. He sure is taken care of very well by his friends and family, don’t you think? Not saying that’s a bad thing but still leaves me curious.

The only thing I get out of it is that PF has some very loyal friends, who are standing by him in his time of trial, literally. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie