AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe, 15 Jun 2013 - #8

^^ To list some of the new information presented in the channel 12 report:

- Lead detective claims that LE does not know when Adrienne was killed.

- Adrienne's roommate says they had sort of a sick joke between them - Adrienne knew she could be "stolen" into someone's car and they would joke about it. Detail is vague, but it sounds almost like she may have had a premonition, and the two would joke about it.

- The boyfriend has consistently been very cooperative and there is absolutely nothing suspicious about him.

- The report says Adrienne didn't call for a cab until about 4:45 am (this IMO is either a mistake or deliberate misinfo, it contradicts facts previously revealed).

- There is an entire chapter on "Who Killed Adrienne Salinas." It is solely about cabbie and his father.

- When investigators initially called cabbie to speak with him (conference call including his father), he was driving passengers in the Grand Canyon area. His passengers heard the conversation or at least part of it, and they felt uncomfortable because they thought the conversation seemed weird and the cabbie seemed odd. Then, later on in Sedona, cabbie popped his trunk and pulled a hacksaw out of his trunk. This is when his passengers officially became scared of him (and I am presuming that they proactively contacted police).

- There is a screen shot of part of a police report (?) about that phone call. It seems cabby (maybe his father) told the police that he did not remember making an arrangement to pick Adrienne up. Other content is clipped, but you can see that someone, possibly cabbie, before or after Adrienne's disappearance, had sent a text to a female (maybe Adrienne) saying it was "not nice to call a cab and then [clipped content]."

- Cabbie is shown refusing a polygraph (personally I think polygraphs are useless in this sort of context, no judgment here) - he says he 'doesn't trust those things' and then that his lawyer advised him to refuse, and to stop talking to police...because at this point they were just "hassling him." Then police got a warrant to take his DNA. Cabby is shown alone in an interrogation room, with a knocked over chair, kicking an empty water bottle like it was a soccer ball. When personnel enters, he is confrontational. He feels victimized because he was embarrassed in front of his neighbors. "How are you gonna fix my life after this."

- They go to take buccal swabs, and he becomes more confrontational, asking why they need to do it. He seems self righteous about being a taxi driver who works hard and does his job. At some point he goes on a rant about how, as a taxi driver, all he does is help people, he has probably helped more people as a taxi driver than [the police personnel present] have ever helped in their entire lives. He seems to think he was a victim to begin with because he received a call from a lady, went to pick her up, and she wasn't there. Before this stuff, regarding the buccal swabs, he says in a confrontational tone "Does this mean you found her? I hope you found her."

- A week or two after this, police received a call from a woman who said that her cousin had heard a woman screaming in distress at cabbie's apartment on July 8th (about a month before Adrienne's body was found). Police "investigated" but weren't let in to his residence and didn't have a warrant because they were not able to get in touch with the woman's cousin. A screenshot of a police report suggests that the woman's cousin was not willing to come forward because he/she feared deportation.

- Lead detective thought that cabbie Sr's Youtube video (showing Adrienne's path to AMPM) was odd. Detective infers that cabbie Sr was never as cooperative as it may have seemed, and could even be a potential suspect.

- Cabbie Sr. is shown in a video proposing that Adrienne could have been picked up by a competing cab company - not because the driver was a predator on the prowl per se but because the industry is highly competitive and another company could have been trying to steal his business at 5 AM on a Saturday morning. Also, he was arrested fairly recently after a girlfriend claimed that he extorted sex from her.

- Finally, there is a chapter on Bryan Patrick Miller. He is under investigation but police have not spoken to him regarding Adrienne. I don't think anything new is revealed, but former friend Keen Azariah claims that about a year before Adrienne's disappearance, him and BPM were participating in this scavenger/treasure hunt sort of thing, and based on a clue BPM suggested they go look around Weekes Wash. Weekes Wash was where Adrienne's body was dumped and/or found.

Wow thanks for this post! My responses bbm

- Adrienne's roommate says they had sort of a sick joke between them - Adrienne knew she could be "stolen" into someone's car and they would joke about it. Detail is vague, but it sounds almost like she may have had a premonition, and the two would joke about it.

Wow I also believe it was a premonition.

- The boyfriend has consistently been very cooperative and there is absolutely nothing suspicious about him.

If LE says he is OK then he is OK

- The report says Adrienne didn't call for a cab until about 4:45 am (this IMO is either a mistake or deliberate misinfo, it contradicts facts previously revealed).

Probably deliberate misinfo jmo

- There is an entire chapter on "Who Killed Adrienne Salinas." It is solely about cabbie and his father.

This is what interests me.

- When investigators initially called cabbie to speak with him (conference call including his father), he was driving passengers in the Grand Canyon area. His passengers heard the conversation or at least part of it, and they felt uncomfortable because they thought the conversation seemed weird and the cabbie seemed odd. Then, later on in Sedona, cabbie popped his trunk and pulled a hacksaw out of his trunk. This is when his passengers officially became scared of him (and I am presuming that they proactively contacted police).

That hacksaw creeps me out because of Adrienne’s head (and weren’t her hands?) being missing, but if the couple had called police right away would the hacksaw have been found? How frustrating. A murder weapon. Who knows maybe they do have it but he cleaned it. But there is a discrepancy in the idea also that the hacksaw would have already been used on Adrienne if the screams (mentioned below) weren’t heard at cabbie’s place until mid July. Why would he be driving all the way out to the Grand Canyon and Sedona? That’s just as strange. Those places aren’t super close to Tempe.

- There is a screen shot of part of a police report (?) about that phone call. It seems cabby (maybe his father) told the police that he did not remember making an arrangement to pick Adrienne up. Other content is clipped, but you can see that someone, possibly cabbie, before or after Adrienne's disappearance, had sent a text to a female (maybe Adrienne) saying it was "not nice to call a cab and then [clipped content]."

How freaking creepy is this??? do you guys remember that surveillance video released of a young woman getting into a sedan across the street from the AMPM around the time Adrienne disappeared? Maybe he waited for her across the street and pretended to be a different cab? I wish we had clearer info on who exactly received that text and who sent it bc it leaves WAY too much to assume.

- Cabbie is shown refusing a polygraph (personally I think polygraphs are useless in this sort of context, no judgment here) - he says he 'doesn't trust those things

I don’t find this so suspicious, but hacksaw...

and then that his lawyer advised him to refuse, and to stop talking to police...because at this point they were just "hassling him." Then police got a warrant to take his DNA.

They got his DNA? I remember this being a big deal bc they wanted it early on.

Cabby is shown alone in an interrogation room, with a knocked over chair, kicking an empty water bottle like it was a soccer ball. When personnel enters, he is confrontational. He feels victimized because he was embarrassed in front of his neighbors. "How are you gonna fix my life after this.”

To be fair, most people that are innocent get very angry when accused of a crime they haven’t committed. Many detectives/interrogators will get a pretty good emotional que as to a person’s culpability based on how shocked/angered they are. But this doesn’t mean I think he’s innocent...

- They go to take buccal swabs, and he becomes more confrontational, asking why they need to do it. He seems self righteous about being a taxi driver who works hard and does his job. At some point he goes on a rant about how, as a taxi driver, all he does is help people, he has probably helped more people as a taxi driver than [the police personnel present] have ever helped in their entire lives. He seems to think he was a victim to begin with because he received a call from a lady, went to pick her up, and she wasn't there. Before this stuff, regarding the buccal swabs, he says in a confrontational tone "Does this mean you found her? I hope you found her."

all of his behavior seems like he feels angry for being accused of doing something he didn’t do, but again not sure this proves as evidence of guilt or innocence either way.

- A week or two after this, police received a call from a woman who said that her cousin had heard a woman screaming in distress at cabbie's apartment on July 8th (about a month before Adrienne's body was found). Police "investigated" but weren't let in to his residence and didn't have a warrant because they were not able to get in touch with the woman's cousin. A screenshot of a police report suggests that the woman's cousin was not willing to come forward because he/she feared deportation.

This interests me greatly! I’m so frustrated the cousin did not come forward to confirm hearing the screams if she heard them. The whole entire town was in hysterics at this point and he already was a suspect, so the tip could have been baited/bogus. I kind of also think if the screams were significant enough that she would have actually came forward regardless and LE would have followed up on her lead and protected her. It’s very alarming, but also very hard to objectively believe at the same time idkw.

- Lead detective thought that cabbie Sr's Youtube video (showing Adrienne's path to AMPM) was odd. Detective infers that cabbie Sr was never as cooperative as it may have seemed, and could even be a potential suspect.

Yes I thought it was odd, but also thought maybe he was interested in the case and Adrienne being found alive bc his son was a person of interest/suspect that he honestly didn’t think was involved and wanted cleared? I think of how hard it would be to imagine my child is an abductor or killer. But I’m sure the detective has his other reasons for finding the cab guy’s dad suspicious beyond the video.

- Cabbie Sr. is shown in a video proposing that Adrienne could have been picked up by a competing cab company - not because the driver was a predator on the prowl per se but because the industry is highly competitive and another company could have been trying to steal his business at 5 AM on a Saturday morning. Also, he was arrested fairly recently after a girlfriend claimed that he extorted sex from her.

Oh man if he extorted sex out of a woman that is really sick.

- Finally, there is a chapter on Bryan Patrick Miller. He is under investigation but police have not spoken to him regarding Adrienne. I don't think anything new is revealed, but former friend Keen Azariah claims that about a year before Adrienne's disappearance, him and BPM were participating in this scavenger/treasure hunt sort of thing, and based on a clue BPM suggested they go look around Weekes Wash. Weekes Wash was where Adrienne's body was dumped and/or found.

I once thought maybe it was BPM, but this all steers me more toward the cab guy and possibly even his dad.

I have my own reasons for being interested in these new developments. I’m
Glad there is more transparency. Hopefully it will keep women safe from these two persons of interest for a long time.

Last edited:

- Cabbie is shown refusing a polygraph (personally I think polygraphs are useless in this sort of context, no judgment here) - he says he 'doesn't trust those things' and then that his lawyer advised him to refuse, and to stop talking to police...because at this point they were just "hassling him." Then police got a warrant to take his DNA. Cabby is shown alone in an interrogation room, with a knocked over chair, kicking an empty water bottle like it was a soccer ball. When personnel enters, he is confrontational. He feels victimized because he was embarrassed in front of his neighbors. "How are you gonna fix my life after this."

Wow thanks for all the information. I did not know that much about the Cab Driver. Very interesting.

That hacksaw creeps me out because of Adrienne’s head (and weren’t her hands?) being missing, but if the couple had called police right away would the hacksaw have been found? How frustrating.

The cab vehicle he was driving (which allegedly had the hacksaw in its trunk) was not the same as the vehicle he would have picked up Adrienne in. In any event, I don't think his passengers would have made this up. If he is innocent, I'd say he was pretty unlucky there.

Also, his passengers were being driven by him around Northern Arizona, they were tourists I think and he was their driver and they did contact police after. If anything, an issue is that I think police initially looked at the bf and party goers before they really looked at (and/or knew about) the cab driver.

do you guys remember that surveillance video released of a young woman getting into a sedan across the street from the AMPM around the time Adrienne disappeared? Maybe he waited for her across the street and pretended to be a different cab?

There was a woman on surveillance camera at 4:52 and a vehicle, headed in the opposite direction, a minute or two later. However, it was revealed that the vehicle was not a cab, and Adrienne's father, who saw the video, said that the woman was not Adrienne (although this was his opinion based on how the woman was walking, and not fact).

Still, up until that approximate time, there was a lot of activity from Adrienne's phone. After that approximate time, I don't think there is any public indication of phone activity beyond calls to and from the cab driver.

The cab driver showed up on surveillance at AM/PM at just about 5:00 on the dot, not sure when he arrived nearby. Police had soft-cleared him after checking out his GPS and pings, and pretty much stuck to that story, but if they were willing to release what they have released I doubt that they can rule him out in any real capacity (and it no longer feels like he was ever much more than technically cooperative).

This interests me greatly! I’m so frustrated the cousin did not come forward to confirm hearing the screams if she heard them. The whole entire town was in hysterics at this point and he already was a suspect, so the tip could have been baited/bogus.

From what is shown, it looks like the anonymous witness was a maintenance man, or something to that effect. Also, the cab driver was able to keep a mostly low profile, so if his cab had not been parked outside, it's not clear whether this person would have recognized him.

I think that the police had previously searched his residence before this point, and likely had him under surveillance at points, so I'm not sure how that even could have worked out if Adrienne (or anyone) could have been held captive. It still feels slightly disappointing that the police had no permission to just walk inside and glance around.

Wasn’t the Cab driver a VI here?

It was his father (and boss) who was (and maybe still is) the VI.

The full episode

First time I've seen this. It is good to see there is a video or podcast out there. Since it was done by a local news station it targets the area where her murderer may have lived. I'm curious about why Bryan Miller has not been questioned by LE. At the same time I'm on the fence about the cab driver's video. Is his son guilty and he is diverting attention away from his son? OR if his son is innocent and been dragged into the investigation because his son was in the wrong place at the wrong time is trying to prove his son's innocence. If it were my son and he was innocent I might do the same thing. His theory of another cab company is plausible. OR someone pretending to be a cab driver.

First time I've seen this. It is good to see there is a video or podcast out there. Since it was done by a local news station it targets the area where her murderer may have lived. I'm curious about why Bryan Miller has not been questioned by LE. At the same time I'm on the fence about the cab driver's video. Is his son guilty and he is diverting attention away from his son? OR if his son is innocent and been dragged into the investigation because his son was in the wrong place at the wrong time is trying to prove his son's innocence. If it were my son and he was innocent I might do the same thing. His theory of another cab company is plausible. OR someone pretending to be a cab driver.

I was trying to read through some old messages to trigger my memory so bear with me but there were other missing adults in the area who had also last been seen getting into cabs. I seem to remember a male who was kicked out of a bar in scottsdale?? Maybe the Scottsdale part is just me trying to envision it. I thought he was found in the lake?? Anyway, a cabbie that rolls with a hacksaw in the trunk makes me wish I could recall those similar cases.

I was trying to read through some old messages to trigger my memory so bear with me but there were other missing adults in the area who had also last been seen getting into cabs. I seem to remember a male who was kicked out of a bar in scottsdale?? Maybe the Scottsdale part is just me trying to envision it. I thought he was found in the lake?? Anyway, a cabbie that rolls with a hacksaw in the trunk makes me wish I could recall those similar cases.

That was Jack Culolias.

Body Found Near Tempe Marketplace Identified as ASU Freshman Jack Culolias

I read everything I could about this case when it was hot. My gut says: It was someone at the party, one of last hangers-on. Everyone's passed out or left or outside havin' a smoke, she was leaving to go meet the cab, "Hey I can give you a ride down the block to the cab." and that's it. She got in his car, it was almost 5am on a Sunday, the US 60 is right there, take that east to Idaho Rd... She got in a car with someone who she didn't really know. After the crazy night she had her judgment would have been off. Couple blocks to meet the cab but "hey, I can just give you a ride to where you're going, where is it?" I've been to 1000 parties (many in that area) and that's how it usually is, couple of hangers-on still up, talking, maybe looking for some action, or that lone creepy guy (we used to call the Dahmers) no one really knows who they are / he is- friend of a friend, maybe some dude(s) walking and saw a party going on and slipped in for a few free drinks or whatever. That's just my gut. Popped on to see if there's been any movement on this. Happened a few miles from here. Bugs the hell outta me.

I have read a lot about this case in these threads and based on everything I have read, I find your theory the most plausible. I think that it was someone either at the party she knew (or didn't know) who was at the party or someone in the apartment complex whom she knew. Its 5:00 in the morning in Tempe and there is not a lot of activity that is going on save for the people going to work. I simply feel that it was not a random abduction. She was obviously upset, most likely still drunk and possibly high (based on her facebook it appears she smoked) so her judgement was not the best. Also did any of those people have ties to the east valley/AJ? One would think that if you were going to kill someone/dump their body you would go where you were most familiar. They could have gone in any direction and they chose east. Why? Why that wash?

Wow, thanks for posting!

From the article above that Bessie posted:

"Police undoubtedly will look at the case of Adrienne Salinas, the Tempe teenager whose partial remains were found in a wash in Apache Junction in 2013. Although the autopsy report was partially redacted, it seemed that her head was not among the remains recovered at the scene.

Although Phoenix's homicide investigators haven't started looking at possible connections, Crump tells us, "Everything is probably on the table," in regards to looking at previous crimes."

*I'm so glad to see a renewed discussion here in Adrienne's thread!

Question, this is going to sound weird, has a missing head ever been linked definitely to the result of scavenger activity, decomp, disarticulation, etc...in other words, other than purposeful dismemberment, is there any other way that a head can be disconnected from the body post-mortem? Hope this makes sense.

I read the autopsy report as well and was wondering the same thing. I would think, as it states in the autopsy, that there was still connective tissue with a patch of hair on her around her neck implying that the skull would not simply "fall off". Also what is interesting about the toxicology report is that she was positive for THC (weed) and caffeine and negative for alcohol. If she was drinking that night the alcohol would have stayed in her system for around 24 hours which might suggest that she might not have been killed right away. I don't know how long caffeine stays in your system but I would assume around the same, 24 hours and if so where did the caffeine come from?

“According to a Tempe police report, investigators found a Blackberry cell phone and a notebook in the driver's seat of Adrienne's car. Police said they photographed the phone before turning the car over to Adrienne's family.

A full day later, a Tempe detective noticed the car had never been impounded. The police report says when they towed the car and searched it for evidence, the phone and the notebook were no longer there.

Adrienne’s mom had the notebook, but no one admitted to knowing where the phone was. So, the only information police have to verify where Adrienne was are her phone records.

Tempe police would not comment on the phone, saying that information is part of their ongoing investigation.”

Missing cell phone could provide clues in 2013 murder of Adrienne Salinas
May 3, 2019
Updated: May 17, 2019

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member