OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have followed many missing persons cases and this one is very strange to me because of the public reaction. It seems really obvious to me that a drunk man wandered off, got lost and unfortunately perished. We have seen it dozens of time even in very populated areas.
I did listen to all the wife’s interviews and even if some of the details are “off”, to me it doesn’t change the outcome of what happened to Tyler.
My opinion aside, does anyone think public has been disproportionately accusatory in this case?

My IMHO Tyler was drunk, exhausted, sleep deprived and disoriented possibly upset or mad wandered or stomped off met with his demise. Either accident fell, drown, fell asleep/passed out died of hyperthermia. Drunken Misadventure. No foul play, however, no body found. That's puzzling. I'm not yet ready to point fingers at anyone just yet.
It does seem people were ready to pounce on BD and the unnamed friend immediately. The friend has stayed off the public's radar, maybe a wise decision but also on the same hand it creates suspcion., Damned if you, damned if you don't. There's not enough info to know if there's foul play yet. Red flags to me: Where is Tyler's body if it was an accident?
Was he sent to the morgue as a John Doe? Is he waiting to be ID'ed? It can happen. lack of communication with county/hospital morgues.

Because Tyler is a guy, I was more thinking along men cruising to have sex with another men. I live in Europe but read a newspaper article about a young family who bought a house next to a piece of woods that was being used as a cruising area by gay men.
The way that works is gay men sitting in their car checking each other out. Or waiting for a guy to go 'into the woods' and follow when interested.
Assuming that if Tyler was taken as Brittany assumes, he must have been taken by a guy, cause I cannot see a woman abducting a guy.

And Tyler wandering off into a patch of woods frequented by men looking for men would make sense. He would have been vulnerable being drunk, passed out or intoxicated and possibly suffering from hypothermia. It's not unthinkable that he could have accepted a ride.

true. drunk people make really bad decisions!

My strongest opinion is that there were drugs involved in this night one way or another, or maybe multiple ways. To me, that explains some of the seemingly left out info, some of the unusual behavior, a reason why he might walk away, reasons why they wouldn't follow him, and reasons why LE aren't pleading for assistance. Most likely LE is actively investigating a drug angle, but of course that's not going to be publicized in any way.

Hopefully Brittany and the anonymous friend have provided them with more info than they have provided the public.

If Tyler, BD, and friend were all experimenting with drugs it would make sense for the gaps of missing time and why she waited to call the police. She feels scared and guilty because they were taking drugs, but not guilty of murder.

If Tyler, BD, and friend were all experimenting with drugs it would make sense for the gaps of missing time and why she waited to call the police. She feels scared and guilty because they were taking drugs, but not guilty of murder.

I think that the wait in time to call police may have been because this was common.
They get drunk, they fight, and he gets pissed off and walks away.
Then cools down and comes back.
I thought long and hard about why she wouldn't have done anything straight away.
And, the only thing I can come up with is because "he always comes back".

HYPOTHETICALLY:
If there were someone out there organizing searches, and had HYPOTHETICALLY been out handing flyers and spoke to the local shops in the area that were to have footage and one shop HYPOTHETICALLY had told her that she would have handed over the footage but HYPOTHETICALLY the footage wasn't requested until 7 days after he went missing and the person organizing the searches was HYPOTHETICALLY shocked at how little awareness was in the area that Tyler had gone missing. That HYPOTHETICALLY she (the organizer) went door to door (condos, shops, homes close to last known) and HYPOTHETICALLY quite a few hadn't heard of Tyler and the case.

Which leads me to an issue. IF this HYPOTHETICAL were true to the point of the news filming searchers and the organizer filming their own Fb live videos of what were HYPOTHETICALLY happening on their time...
Then where were those 2000 flyers handed out? Who were they talking to?
IMO : people on foot = awareness. So in this HYPOTHETICAL is there so little awareness? How is it in this HYPOTHETICAL the organizer was able (as a stranger) to get the news out there to garner awareness, but I've only seen 2 videos in the 2 months of BD.

Again, this is only MY OPINION.

*Hypothetically picking my jaw up off the floor...*

Hypothetically, why do you think LE might not request footage of a missing person straight away? I thought that was a given this day and age...:eek:

I think that the wait in time to call police may have been because this was common.
They get drunk, they fight, and he gets pissed off and walks away.
Then cools down and comes back.
I thought long and hard about why she wouldn't have done anything straight away.
And, the only thing I can come up with is because "he always comes back".

FWIW, I think I remember BD saying on the TCG podcast that Tyler wasn't one to just walk away during a fight.

I don't know with this case...sometimes I think there was foul play, sometimes I think he was hit by a car while trying to find his hotel.
My opinion only.

FWIW, I think I remember BD saying on the TCG podcast that Tyler wasn't one to just walk away during a fight.

I don't know with this case...sometimes I think there was foul play, sometimes I think he was hit by a car while trying to find his hotel.
My opinion only.

I’m in the same boat. There’s always that small chance that something completely random happened to Tyler. It’s a small chance, but a chance, nonetheless. There’s a chance an accident also happened, and his body has somehow managed to remain concealed. (I’ve wondered if he ended up in a construction area that’s since been filled in without the workers even knowing that his body was there.) There’s the chance that something nefarious happened by either a stranger or known person(s). I lean foul play, but I’m still leaving the door open to the other possibilities. jmo

(Edited by me because of my crappy grammar mistakes...ugh.)

My opinion only.

I know she said that, but, is it true?
There are few things that she said in the interview that made me say "what?", "which is it?" And, "That doesn't make sense in real life."
So, that was IMO the only reason that I could come up with that there wasn't some sort of more immediate reaction.
I think it may have been a character preservation statement. Just as the "we have never been to a bar together to drink" statement. Don't believe it was true. But, do understand the urge to protect image. If that makes any sense at all.

*Hypothetically picking my jaw up off the floor...*

Hypothetically, why do you think LE might not request footage of a missing person straight away? I thought that was a given this day and age...:eek:

Good question. HYPOTHETICALLY maybe they only went to select places? Because they did catch the friend.

I’m in the same boat. There’s always that small chance that something completely random happened to Tyler. It’s a small chance, but a chance, nonetheless. There’s a chance an accident also happened, and his body has somehow managed to remain concealed. (I’ve wondered if he ended up in a construction area that’s since been filled in without the workers even knowing that his body was there.) There’s the chance that something nefarious happened by either a stranger or known person(s). I lean foul play, but I’m still leaving the door open to the other possibilities. jmo

(Edited by me because of my crappy grammar mistakes...ugh.)

I continue to think that it was an accident. That whatever happened was just an accident.
Whether on his own, or with someone else.
He didn't intentionally hurt himself, nor did anyone intentionally hurt him.

I hope they find him. His family deserves it.

I continue to think that it was an accident. That whatever happened was just an accident.
Whether on his own, or with someone else.
He didn't intentionally hurt himself, nor did anyone intentionally hurt him.

I hope they find him. His family deserves it.
If it was in fact an accident....and someone purposely moves the body....it would still make them guilty....

If it was in fact an accident....and someone purposely moves the body....it would still make them guilty....
Probably of improper disposal.
But, IMO I am also a firm believer in restitution for people who do stuff like, engage authorities in investigations where they know the truth and haven't disclosed it to the authorities. Therefore authorities engage in investigations that cost the tax payers and deflect from other cases. Real restitution. One that can't be declared in bankruptcy, and is garnished from wages and tax returns until it's repaid. JMO

Tyler Davis, husband and father of an infant son, was last seen on February 24, 2019 around 3:20 AM, in front of the Hilton Hotel in Easton Town Center. His disappearance remains a mystery to all, especially his wife, Brittany, who was with him on that nightmarish night.

(614) was able to catch up with Brittany to glean an insight on the search and inquire about ways the community can help bring Tyler home.

“As of now we have multiple organizations helping with search teams and distribution of flyers,” wrote Brittany. “I’m currently in the process of planning another search but waiting on another organization to get back with me on there assistance with their resources.”

While she may be at the mercy of others to continue her efforts, Brittany said there is a way you can get involved right now.

“If anyone in the community would like to assist us on passing out flyers or searches please have them follow the BRING TYLER DAVIS HOME Facebook page for more updates,” she wrote.

Brittany is also open to any suggestions for search endeavors.

Tyler was wearing dark blue jeans, a white T-shirt, a blue/green flannel, white & Black Nike sneakers. Tyler is 170lbs & 5’10. He is 29 years old and has short brown hair & brown eyes. Tyler has no medical conditions. Tyler has a very distinctive RED birthmark on his right arm, it continues up his neck, chest and right hand. When last seen, he was on foot.

If you have any information surrounding Tyler’s disappearance, please call the Columbus Police Department at 614-645-4545.

To hear Brittany’s full account of what went down on the night of February 24, click here.

Wife of missing Easton man needs your help

See comments...

Someone asking a good question.

It’s so strange that he was 5 mins away from the hotel, and he was on his way back (or at least he assumed he was going to the right place), and just has never been seen again. It’s almost morning at this point, so maybe it’s just an accident, as I doubt any random person was out at that time picking him up. Conveniently right when his phone died too.

I keep thinking it was someone who was drunk or high that may have hit him, as he was walking around drunk and maybe not paying attention to the roads. But, that makes me ask - did LE check any and all cameras around his possible locations? He had to be seen on one of them.

It’s so strange that he was 5 mins away from the hotel, and he was on his way back (or at least he assumed he was going to the right place), and just has never been seen again. It’s almost morning at this point, so maybe it’s just an accident, as I doubt any random person was out at that time picking him up. Conveniently right when his phone died too.

I keep thinking it was someone who was drunk or high that may have hit him, as he was walking around drunk and maybe not paying attention to the roads. But, that makes me ask - did LE check any and all cameras around his possible locations? He had to be seen on one of them.

I keep wondering if he was hit by a car too. It seems like there are many concerned citizens on the internet who are trying to help and won't let Tyler be forgotten which is great.

I still can’t help but think that the friend has some insight- something Tyler said or a direction he was going... it’s not like he was her friend or just an acquaintance... but his best friend for over ten years.. why wouldn’t he be exactly by her side, begging for help, getting his side out, posting on SM?
I feel bad that he’s been berated, but it’s only because he’s coming off as suspicious.. it could have been avoided if he had been transparent from get-go.

I still can’t help but think that the friend has some insight- something Tyler said or a direction he was going... it’s not like he was her friend or just an acquaintance... but his best friend for over ten years.. why wouldn’t he be exactly by her side, begging for help, getting his side out, posting on SM?
I feel bad that he’s been berated, but it’s only because he’s coming off as suspicious.. it could have been avoided if he had been transparent from get-go.
I agree. Why not do anything and everything to help? Why wasn’t it more detailed about where he last saw Tyler & what his last words to him were. What direction was he going in? And why leave before your BFF is back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk