TX TX - Houston, Huffman, Lake Houston, HispFem 20-45, severed head in bag, tattooed makeup, Mar'18

Houston police ask for help identifying woman whose severed head was found

view

Police are asking for help identifying a woman whose severed head was found in late March by a group of clean-up volunteers off Lake Houston.

On Thursday, the Houston Police Department released additional details about the Jane Doe with the help of the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences. According to investigators, the woman likely had naturally dark hair and possible light or dark brown eyes.

She also had winged teeth, or teeth that were slighted rotated, on the top and bottom of her mouth. Police say this would have been noticeable to anyone who may have known her.

A sketch released Thursday was drawn by artist Lois Gibson, who holds a world record for most successful identifications.

Volunteers found the head in a black plastic trash bag in the 11900 block of FM 1960, according to the Houston Police Department Homicide Division.

Her head was found on the erosion-controlling rocks and boulders surrounding the HPD-patrolled Lake Houston off a Huffman, Texas-controlled roadway, according to police at the time.

It was determined by the stage of decomposition of the head that the woman died at least one week prior to being found.

Investigators have reached out to authorities outside Harris County, including Montgomery and Liberty counties. People from as far as Arkansas have contacted the agency to determine if the woman is a missing person from there, but investigators have ruled out those possibilities.

Anyone with information on the identity of the deceased female or with information in this case is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.

https://www.chron.com/houston/article/Police-release-sketch-asks-for-help-identifying-12995338.php

I just made a thread for this teen missing since 2015 and thought of this UID case when I read she had the ends of her hair dyed blonde: CA - CA - Mya Ayala, 15, La Verne, 23 Apr 2015

I have not looked to see if anything else matches up. Please feel free to submit if it looks good, I'm only suggesting here. Thanks.

I just made a thread for Dara Joseph and again thought of this UID. Dara seems to have tattooed eyebrows and she dyed her hair different colors frequently: TX - TX - Dara Lorrainne Joseph, 33, China, May/June 2017

China, Texas is about 54 miles from Lake Houston: Google Maps

Please feel free to submit if it looks like a possibility, I'm only suggesting here. Thanks.

I am assuming then that the victim had some sort of make-up on when found? I wonder if they were to release a photo of just her eye area (eyebrows and eye only) if someone would recognize her style. Might be a reach, just thinking aloud.

Someone remind me, do we know how advanced the decomposition was on the head? They were able to tell her eye make was a tattoo so I'm thinking not too advanced yet?

Tatiana Flores disappeared from Florida on March 12 2018:
FL - FL - Tatiana Flores, 16, Winter Park, May be w/Adult Male, 12 Mar 2018
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

The Doe was found March 24 2018.

She is younger than the estimated age and I'm not sure on the sketches being similar enough, but her hair is what really reminded me of this Doe:
Original
5274059_marla-carter-sketch.jpg

hair-png.132550

Police need help identifying woman after remains found near Lake Houston

From NAMUS:
Body Hair Description: Hair is thick and wavy. When last seen Tatiana wore her hair in a short bob, just above the shoulders, and although it is naturally dark brown, she had colored her hair red (see photo).

Does it look like her eyebrows could be tattooed?

(If anyone thinks this is a possibility please send it in. I'm only going to suggest here. Thanks.)

Bumping. This is so weird, No other body parts anywhere it seems like if you are tossing heads there would be a body somewhere I mean we do have DNA now , its not like you have to separate a head to hide identity, any thoughts on why bother , and the other red head in LA is kind of too coincidental , don't y'all think?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back