Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #98

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although LE may not have shared information with Libby’s grandmother, on the Dr Phil show, she said she believed Libby was somehow surreptitiously holding her cellphone down by her side, close to her body and if so it was only by sheer luck she managed to capture even three frames of this man approaching without him noticing.

See I was thinking that the video was continuous and that's where they extracted the 'down the hill' audio clip from after he got closer. I can't imagine that Libby would stop the recording, then start another video or audio recording after he got closer.

I believe the video was continuous as well and after she took the video she put the cellphone in her pocket, still left on.

This quote is from an ISP release:

“This is the face of the suspect that goes with body of the video captured on Liberty German's cell phone minutes before she and Abigail Williams were murdered.”
New 'Face' of the Delphi Murder Suspect

See I was thinking that the video was continuous and that's where they extracted the 'down the hill' audio clip from after he got closer. I can't imagine that Libby would stop the recording, then start another video or audio recording after he got closer.

I think she likely stuck the phone in her pocket before he even got close enough to see she had it. I think it was likely still recording

Moo

Maybe I have been skipping past the posts discussing "g*ys" (I can't even type the word anymore, lol) or maybe I'm still trying to figure out which horse won the KY Derby!... that I missed LE actually telling us that a witness gave them a description 5 months later. I've obviously been distracted and negligent.
I made a joke about the "guys" comments taking up the last two threads. It was deleted and I was told it was rude. lol

You can't. There aren't enough key letters in what we've heard for even a linguist to make a professional opinion. You generally need at least 2 sentences and at least one of them should contain the letter "r." They prefer one sentence to be a question. Not only are we dealing with just a few words in this audio, but they're faint with a ton of back noise.

Unless there is a letter (a consonant) that he mispronounces, such as “s “ or “l” and is well-known for it (e.g. some people with articulation problems pronounce “l” like “v”).

Don't think it's an undershirt with a P, and certainly not the Purdue P. First, at times, it looks like the white moves and is on top of the coat. Second, the Purdue P is stylized in a manner that does not look similar to what's in the picture, and it's also almost always black or gold - I'm not sure I've ever seen a white Purdue P! Third, it's very high up.

Another question. Could he incapacitate the girls by using a stun gun? A taser would be too much, but a stun gun? Hence, no 911 calls.
I think it’s far more likely that use used a real gun for that purpose.

By the time they realized that he was going to kill them, it would have been too late for them to get away.

I think most teenage girls would react the way they likely did.

Complete compliance.

I’m convinced he was armed with a knife, and just a little bit less confident that he had a gun.

This is the frame which, to my eye, supports the idea of a young 18-25 yr old man, not heavy-set, thinner than he looks, head uncovered, balding spot/cowlick on his reddish brown haired head. He looks bulkier due to the items/weapons etc stuffed under his windbreaker. His legs, when in motion, have a slight bow-legged curve to them which you can see when the legs are almost touching as he steps. If nothing else they are much skinnier than the baggy jeans would indicate. MOO.

Attachments

• bridgeguy2.jpg
    bridgeguy2.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 154
You can't. There aren't enough key letters in what we've heard for even a linguist to make a professional opinion. You generally need at least 2 sentences and at least one of them should contain the letter "r." They prefer one sentence to be a question. Not only are we dealing with just a few words in this audio, but they're faint with a ton of back noise.
MOO we do not know how much more audio poloce have.

The white "thing" has been hashed over a lot here. I personally like Evinrude's recent posts regarding it. I seriously doubt it is anything really odd or nefarious. The last thing BG wanted was to look odd and stand out. Handcuffs? A fake beard? A plastic bag with handles sticking out? Nope. Anything like that is only going to serve to draw attention to him. That's not what he wanted. JMO
I'm still sure, if we ever had recognized his special looking shoes or the white thing beneath his chin/sticking out of his jacket, then we would have had a clue to who he is or where exactly to search for him. :)

Lucky you! None of my quotes worked and I have a lousy memory, so I'll just add the responses I can remember.
1.) I believe the sketch is fairly accurate because it looks a lot like BG looked to me when I enhanced the picture.
2.) I live in Minnesota and I don't hear much, if any, accent when I listen to him. Whether he's from Delphi or not, I'd say he's definitely from the Midwest.
3.) I did think he sounded older when we were just working with "down the hill", but I thought his voice sounded younger in the new clip. Maybe it was stress/excitement that he was trying to control that made him sound different in the one clip.
4.) I'm curious about whether or not they focused on anyone in the room at the PC. I think they'd probably know if BG was there, but is it possible they thought a friend or family member of his might be there?
5.) I don't think the girls knew him, but it's possible that he "knew" them. If he's one of those invisible people, he could have seen them many times without them even giving him a second look. I consider invisible people to be (often, but not always) stock clerks at stores/service stations, bus boys at restaurants, janitors at school or most other places, dishwashers at schools/restaurants, police, fire fighters, sanitary workers, street cleaners, etc. It's not that they're unimportant, it's that most people don't notice them because they feel more like part of the scenery.

That's all I can remember for now, and as always, MOO

Jumping off this post to remind everyone that you need to call or email the police if you think you have a tip or have discovered a person who matches the sketch or sketches. DO NOT post what you think you have found here on the forum.

Take any and all sleuthing of non-POIs to your private conversations and DO NOT mention them here. It is a major TOS violation to sleuth non-POIs on the forum. It's even worse if you are implicating a minor child in your posts. And baiting is against our rules, so DO NOT hint that you have uncovered information that you can't share openly here.

If you think you know something, call the police.

Bringing forward one of many moderator comments.

There are still some members ignoring the information in post #8. If you have not read it do so now. It will be strictly adhered to and those making insinuations about persons who have not been designated a person of interest by LE will find themselves looking in from the outside.

Another moderator post—all from page one of this thread and every thread.

Remember right after the press conference two weeks ago how excited we were? We all just knew something big was getting ready to happen. I know I did! They knew him! They had him! An arrest was coming! Now, two weeks later we’re discussing the nuances of the word “guys” and regional diversity of plural pronouns. It all blew over pretty quick didn’t it.
Here’s what, I think, is all there is to get from that press conference:

1) The guy in the sketch from July 2017 did not kill the girls. Why LE thought so for two years we don’t know.
2) The guy in the new sketch is the killer. The police had his sketch for two years and apparently dismissed it. Why? We don’t know.
3) The killer they are looking for now is younger. Why they think that, we don’t know.
4) About two extra seconds of video were released, appearing to confirm that BG is in fact a slightly slimmer younger guy. Why didn’t LE notice this sooner? Don’t know.
5) A couple seconds and one extra word more of audio were released, changing the feel of the clip and sounding convincingly more young. This is important for us to know now...but apparently was not two years ago.
6) The killer is from Delphi or the local area. I’m guessing this was part of the new information they just got that changed things. Otherwise, putting truck drivers on alert and putting billboards and posters up nationwide for two years makes no sense.
7) The driver of a vehicle parked near the trails the afternoon of the murders is of utmost importance. They talk as if there is no doubt this vehicle was there at that time. New info or old info? Don’t know but kinda thinking they knew this two years ago. Why it wasn’t important then is the question.

I’m glad LE changed the direction of the investigation. That took some courage. I still think all this new stuff has come from their realization recently that they dismissed some local guy early because of familiarity with him instead of investigating him. I only hope now, the opportunity has not been lost.

I had two totally opposing thoughts after the press conference.

First, I thought like many that this was all a big attempt based on profiling to act as if they had something and worry the killer and a standard ploy, call him out, etc.--and that they actually have little to nothing and all is one big bluff.

However, the totally opposing thought and the one that holds with me is they knew exactly what they were doing, nothing was a mistake, not the vehicle on the wrong day, the computer screen, every remark was intentional, etc. based on things they do know. Now that could still mean they have nothing but I do not think so. A total change in a sketch and age is a big, big change and risk if they do not know something. Challenging and calling out the killer is a big, big risk if he is not being watched to ensure he does not react and kill again or alternatively, they know that he cannot.

The prosecutor returning is of interest.

I think, as you stated, it is someone that was dismissed because of who he is or who his family is and an immediate thought of no way, no how did he do it, eliminate him and focus elsewhere. It is someone connected or of import in the area or surrounding areas or county, or who think they are.

The odd remarks were intentional, the steps to the bridge, the remark about standing in front of "this", no one talks like that, the comments were odd and not worded well nor did they really fit. Intentional. Standing in front of "him" perhaps? Just a thought...

There were no mistakes in this PC. They announced it days ahead and had plenty of time to "choreograph" it, intentional mistakes(?) and all. I think (or hope?) they know who it is.

I think his family knows.

It could be wishful thinking but that is where I lean at this time. My opinion is subject to change, however, at any time :)

This creepy crawler is going down. His family or at least some of them suspect or know. I think LE knows. Someone may as well help out and grab the reward, they gave the family, friends, etc. and him notice, if he or they want a chance at redemption, now is the time. One who knows should be the first to do the right thing, he is not a reflection on his family but family doing the right thing would be a good reflection on them. If they choose not to, I think the same result will happen without their assistance--they know who it is. Or so I think and/or hope.

All jmo and thinking optimistically.

This is so true. 33 years ago, I was living in Birmingham, AL (quite a crime ridden city then and now) and I went home to my apartment one day to find people in my apt. robbing me! I stood there, looking at the door gaping open, hearing people inside my home and froze with fear. My friend from work had come home with me, and she practically smacked me upside the head and screamed “Run!” and we both ran down the hill to the main office and called the police. Had she not been with me, I don’t know how long I would have stood there, possibly putting myself in danger. We never know how we’ll respond in a perilous situation, and there’s no way to assume correctly how we would react.
artfrog I am the same! argh!!
following so many cases I often surmise how often people get away from a life /death scenario and how many people freeze with fear and ultimately keep themselves in a dire situation.
its a terrible unlucky trate to have imo :confused:

I mean its not in either fight or flight camp......just limbo helpless.:oops:

**reminder to us all.**
in a peril emergency yell at those around you because usually that's all it takes to get their brains to kick into gear.;)

I wonder if because of his possible lack of empathy and shades
of being a psychopath, he may not have 'close or intimate' friends
as more normal people do.
Sometimes these types engage in social activities but aren't truly
social or don't reveal much personally about themselves.

We know by his act here he's really warped. Only LE can guess
how warped. I still wonder if this was a 'lust killing' acting out
his fantasies or a full on sexual killing where he committed
acts on his victims for his own sexual satisfaction.
His own family may not know how warped he really is if he's
living a double life like BTK Dennis Rader who was able to hide
things from his wife and children.

I wonder though with hindsight what Rader's family would say now if asked. It is odd how once one is away from someone and looks back how much you can see differently. Lol I do not know this from being around a serial killer but it happens in relationships for instance. When one is wrapped up in the relationship, it is more difficult to see but once out of them, well, hindsight is 20/20 as they say.

I refuse to call him BTK (not at you, just a thing I do and a name I will not use) because he is the type to get off on that name and think of his notorious fame in his own sick head. I will never forget him in the courtroom taking what he felt to be his power back in his last chance to do so--not because he was impressive but because he felt he was while most of us watched disgusted and sickened at his audacity and his own pathetic self delusion. The worst thing that can be done to him is for him to be forgotten and to feel like a nobody imo and he is. He killed many innocent people but a perp always has the advantage of knowing what they are going to do, it in no way makes them smarter than LE, victims or the public. It is like stacking a deck of cards to cheat at a game. Nothing intelligent about it, of course the perp knows all of the details and the plan, the perp did it. I want to say to them duh, what about that makes you smart in your own head? Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zero.

Like the case here, with names, I think OBG or YBG or BG should be as far as the name goes. If he is a type like Dennis Nobody Dog Catcher Rader, he is waiting for a really memorable name that he hopes goes down in history. You know like Jack the Ripper, Golden State Killer. I get why names are given but I also believe some of these types get off on those names. It is that importance they wanted--gag--because any notice is better than none... If I had my way, a name would be given that would drive them up the wall... Like the recent PC and the word "coward".

Both of these girls had way more going for them than he did and were smarter than he. What a big man picking on two little girls, is that what he thinks? Pretty warped and deluded, I guess that is what it takes him to feel any power or control and yet to the rest of us, it shows nothing but cowardice. It is like trolls on the internet, if they can hide but be the attention of the thread or get the attention of the thread, control it or get a reaction, while using a screen name... In a same fashion but a far worse way, these perps getting the attention of the media and the town or nation, yet remaining unknown, apparently it is all they have to give them self-importance and they erroneously believe importance to others as well...

Abby and Libby will always be fondly remembered. This perp once put away will be forgotten except for the occasional reference of "remember that coward that killed those two brave, smart beautiful girls?", what was his name again.... Their names, however, will never be forgotten.

All jmo. Couldn't sleep and just talking out loud and rambling, sorry for the lengthy post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member