KY KY - Brookelyn Farthing, 18, Berea, 22 Jun 2013

I DID major hard creeping on the ex fiancé & saw he is now with someone. He’s been with this female for a few years. 8 checked out her fb & read posts back to when all of this happened.. the girl never shared anything in regards to brookelyns disappearance, & mentioned in various status’ that she wished the blue eyed guy she was in love with wouldn’t love her back but couldn’t because he had a gf.. Which matched the eye color of the ex fiancé of Brookelyn. She made MULTIPLE posts about this person. Also about visiting Lake Reba many times. A place where vigils for Brooke have been held so I’ve read. Could be FAR off but all thoughts are valid. I live a little north of Madison Co. & this case has me very disturbed. I feel as though The man at the house the night Brooke went missing should have been subjected to a polygraph & thoroughly questioned. But he was never even listed as a person of interest surprisingly enough ! Mind blown !!!

I DID major hard creeping on the ex fiancé & saw he is now with someone. He’s been with this female for a few years. 8 checked out her fb & read posts back to when all of this happened.. the girl never shared anything in regards to brookelyns disappearance, & mentioned in various status’ that she wished the blue eyed guy she was in love with wouldn’t love her back but couldn’t because he had a gf.. Which matched the eye color of the ex fiancé of Brookelyn. She made MULTIPLE posts about this person. Also about visiting Lake Reba many times. A place where vigils for Brooke have been held so I’ve read. Could be FAR off but all thoughts are valid. I live a little north of Madison Co. & this case has me very disturbed. I feel as though The man at the house the night Brooke went missing should have been subjected to a polygraph & thoroughly questioned. But he was never even listed as a person of interest surprisingly enough ! Mind blown !!!

I honestly don't think the ex or his girl are involved. The ex was at work while she was texting him, telling him she was scared. I don't think a single female could have pulled off such a thing. Brooke was not a large girl, but it would have taken some muscle to maneuver her in and out of a vehicle and to whatever dumping site they visited. (I'm sorry for the word.) While there may have been some jealousy there, I think the case is pretty simple-it's the people who were with her at the house. And yes, we're all pretty appalled that the homeowner wasn't treated as a POI. There's not a lot that I can say to that, other then in this county it's kind of about who you know.

It's not surprising that Lake Reba keeps coming up in your research; it's the most popular park in a 3-county radius. Most of us go there at least once a month, if not more often. Many of the most popular county-wide events are held there, plus there's a golf course, driving range, dog park, public swimming pool, batting cages, mini golf course, etc. The vigils have been held there simply because the infrastructure allows for gatherings of large groups of people. I would be more surprised if teens or young adults in your research weren't talking about Lake Reba. In a county that doesn't have much for young people to do, it's kind of the only recreational place that we have.

Sadly, unless someone comes right out and tells LE where Brooke's body is, and then can show some kind of physical proof that links her death to the killer, I don't believe there will ever be any justice in this. What went down and who was involved has turned into the biggest open secret in the county and it's nauseating. If someone had called 911 at the time, who knows? She may have been saved. Her family would at least have a burial site to visit.

Brookelyn Farthing was only 18 when she went missing in the early hours of June 22, 2013. The night she was last seen, Brookelyn went with her younger sister, a cousin and some friends to a party outside Berea, Kentucky. Although her family members decided to leave, Brookelyn chose to stay behind. The details surrounding the rest of the night remain a mystery, but it was around 4:00 a.m. the next day when Brookelyn sent text messages to friends saying she needed a ride home because she was “scared.” Several hours later, the friend, at whose house Brookelyn had stayed, told police he had left the house to let some horses out. When he returned home he saw burn damage from a small fire but no sign of Brookelyn. A massive search was launched, but turned up little evidence. To date, police have not named any persons of interest or suspects in the case. Brookelyn’s family has a website, findbrookefarthing.com, and has offered a $14,000 reward "for information leading to the return of Brookelyn Farthing or capture and conviction of those responsible for her disappearance."

Five years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 109 still missing

Brookelyn Farthing was only 18 when she went missing in the early hours of June 22, 2013. The night she was last seen, Brookelyn went with her younger sister, a cousin and some friends to a party outside Berea, Kentucky. Although her family members decided to leave, Brookelyn chose to stay behind. The details surrounding the rest of the night remain a mystery, but it was around 4:00 a.m. the next day when Brookelyn sent text messages to friends saying she needed a ride home because she was “scared.” Several hours later, the friend, at whose house Brookelyn had stayed, told police he had left the house to let some horses out. When he returned home he saw burn damage from a small fire but no sign of Brookelyn. A massive search was launched, but turned up little evidence. To date, police have not named any persons of interest or suspects in the case. Brookelyn’s family has a website, findbrookefarthing.com, and has offered a $14,000 reward "for information leading to the return of Brookelyn Farthing or capture and conviction of those responsible for her disappearance."

I am local and never hear a thing about Brooklyn.

The disappearance of Brooklyn Farthing really haunts me. I cannot understand why you never see her mother or family begging for answers. Usually in cases of missing people whether they are an adult or not the family cries out for justice. I have not seen that in this case. Yes, her sister did a podcast or something but that’s really all I’ve heard about lately. I believe the family knows what happened. I have studied this case countless times and I just can’t understand why no one in her town seems to care about finding the answers to her disappearance. I live in and around the area where this happened and this is truly scary. If it were my daughter I would move mountains to find her.
My theory is that there is more than one person responsible for her disappearance. And we all know once someone has been missing this long it is highly likely they are deceased. I believe the police in the town know the individuals responsible for her disappearance. They may not know everything but they know more than they have told the public. But without a body somethings are hard to prove. After, looking over the case several times. I believe more than one person is responsible and as for a motive I would say someone must have been extremely jealous of Brooklyn. Furthermore, I believe drugs were definitely involved. I pray that in time an investigator from out of state comes in and locates all that are responsible for this. It’s going to take an undercover hard nose man to come in and get to know these people before the case is cracked. And it needs to be a man that is aware of the dangers in this particular area. In certain areas of Kentucky you just step foot on someone’s property and you very well could be shot and killed and never found. This is a fact. I just pray someone one steps up and comes in and blows this case wide open. The person or persons responsible for this need to be locked away for good. Because they are out there right now committing more crimes. This case is just very upsetting. I pray it gets solved.

This case not only disturbs me that Brookelyn went missing but also that her case has not received hardly any attention. I don't understand how her disappearance doesn't seem that important to people in her community.

Was the FBI ever involved in the search for her? She deserves to be located.

Can some other members on websleuths please take a look at her case. Websleuths has some of the smartest members. Let's try and figure this case out for Brookelyn.

So many missing pieces to this story. I just read the website http://www.findbrookefarthing.com to gather additional information. Her sister shared that Brooke sent texts saying she was scared. Did anyone ask her why? What was the cause of the small fire? Was it to cover up crime scene evidence? Is there a report available on that piece?
This is such a sad story.

Last edited:

I can’t believe that in this day & age, one can get away with Murder by setting the evidence on fire and running an “errand”. However, it truly seems that’s what has occurred in this case.

I'm pretty surprised that after all of this time and $14,000 on the table no one has come forward with any information. There's no way that "friend" whose house she stayed at hasn't told people what happened that night.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back