Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mom (BB/AV) gets off flight expecting fiancé to pick her up at airport.
He doesn’t show up.
Has to call her mother for ride home.
Bad thunderstorms that evening.

Would you be worried when you arrived home and your fiancé, children and car were missing?

Considering the daughter's medical condition, absolutely.

Gosh, a lot of "smoke and mirrors" surrounding this case. Perplexing. Not sure what Mom's hand has in any of it, if any, but Step-Father.......another story. I definitely believe something nefarious happened to this little 5 year old vulnerable child and step-dad is the go to guy to find out what. I do not believe an ounce of what he has explained/excused/ lied about/contrived. So many questions and very few answers..... Step Dad cannot recall anything and that defense is just too convenient. I do not buy a word of what he says.

Who can explain to me why the FBI gets called in to some of these cases and not others? It seems like in the recent A.J. Freund case they were called almost immediately and perhaps expedited the review of parents cell phone records etc. Is it just a matter of the local law enforcement inviting them in? Or is that just from tv/movies? I understand the FBI doesn’t have resources to respond to every missing child, but what makes the difference?

ETA: sorry if this is off topic.

Who can explain to me why the FBI gets called in to some of these cases and not others? It seems like in the recent A.J. Freund case they were called almost immediately and perhaps expedited the review of parents cell phone records etc. Is it just a matter of the local law enforcement inviting them in? Or is that just from tv/movies? I understand the FBI doesn’t have resources to respond to every missing child, but what makes the difference?

ETA: sorry if this is off topic.
I believe it varies based on the case. It could be related to lack of staff or training as in a small police dept in a rural area so the chief, recognizing the situation is beyond his dept skill set or staffing, requests help. When crimes cross state lines, complexity or volume of deaths, possible terrorism or hate crime, undocumented persons are involved, etc. I don’t think theres a set standard across the board. Just my opinion and I could be wrong!

You would think the 2 year old would have had a pretty full diaper after 24 hours. Unless kidnappers had a diaper in the truck and changed him before dropping him and off.
Not to mention Dad, did he pee his pants while unconscious, or did perps stop for a potty break for him?

Last edited:
I doubt the kidnappers stopped in the middle of busy Southwest Freeway to assist Dad and child out of the truck.

Colony Square Shopping Center, Lowe’s and IHOP - area where the kidnappers supposedy let them go.

Pulling into a parking lot or behind a dumpster to discreetly unload a man with a head injury and a two year old with a full diaper and empty stomach would have attracted attention.
In a bright blue truck too.

No, perps drove off in Chevy PU, supposedly Nissan left at abduction scene. Nissan supposedly stolen and caught on camera Sat. around 2:45, didnt appear to have flat tire.
So there were two separate bands of perps? One who kidnaps and assaults and another band who steals cars of crime victims? Incredibly bad luck :(

Gosh, a lot of "smoke and mirrors" surrounding this case. Perplexing. Not sure what Mom's hand has in any of it, if any, but Step-Father.......another story. I definitely believe something nefarious happened to this little 5 year old vulnerable child and step-dad is the go to guy to find out what. I do not believe an ounce of what he has explained/excused/ lied about/contrived. So many questions and very few answers..... Step Dad cannot recall anything and that defense is just too convenient. I do not buy a word of what he says.

It is rather odd that only the little two? year old was with daddy and Maleah. The older child was with other relatives? Of course, a two year old cannot talk much, and an older child could. Things that make you go hmmm. MOO.

I hope they can find some video of that car from the day of disappearance. I also hope they can tell if there are two children in that car. It would be easy to take two sleeping children for a ride the night before and return home with only one...??? Why do I get the feeling a lot of planning may have gone into this disappearance? MOO.

Last edited:
I lived in Houston for 25 years. I've lived in every single part of that town that this case has found itself in. My mother still lives there and I will tell you, she has no idea this child is missing because the news isn't being heavily covered locally and the amber alert signs on EVERY SINGLE 6 plus lane freeway there haven't even been turned on. That said, I don't think we are the only ones who smell something rotten. This isn't their first rodeo, LE knows....

As someone very familiar with the area, I will add the following notes (since I don't have much else I can say right now on this thread and not violate TOS).

- Sugarland is considered an area where money lives. Upper class residents with upper class security cameras.
- The mall he presumably passed on his way to the hospital has police detail parked there every weekend. Many of them ride around the area since the mall and the parking lots are sooooo huge. ESPECIALLY on a high shopping weekend like the weekend before Mother's Day.
- MOST of this mall is considered an outdoor mall. Meaning, it's not your traditional mall, where you go in and you walk down a huge hallway and you have stores on the inside. It's more of an outlet mall, where the stores all face the street or parking lot. If it was raining, I could see no one being on the walk way. If it wasn't, it would have been very very busy on a weekend. Even if it was raining, any of those stores would have been a good safe refuge for a man with a baby in need of help.
- For you guys looking at the map and not privy to local speak, HWY 59 and HWY 69 are the same thing. When someone says 59 South, they are usually referencing the south side of 59 by Sugarland. When someone says 59 North, they are referencing the north side of 59 by Humble.
- The intersection where the car jacking allegedly took place is not as busy as any of us would like. The HIGHWAY, yes. Greens Rd, not so much. It's a back road I would drive a LOT since I lived in Greenspoint (Greens Rd and 45) and worked in Humble and wasn't about "that toll road life".
- Crime in the area where the car jacking allegedly took place is pretty high.
- Him being at that intersection doesn't make any sense. My route from Sugarland to BUSH would have been (avoiding tolls) 59 South > 610 Loop > 45 > Greens Rd > Left on JFK *OR* 59 South > 610 Loop > 59 North > Exit Will Clayton. It makes NO sense that he was either on Greens Rd that far past the airport or had turned onto Greens Rd from the highway (going under the overpass) with a flat tire or whatever was wrong with his car. The ONLY way this would make sense is if he did exit 59 North early, because something was indeed wrong with the car he was driving. However, that would put him on the feeder road of 59 and not on desolate Greens Rd. THIS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE to someone who drove this route A LOT.

I hope they find this baby, but my gut isn't hopeful.

Last edited:
I lived in Houston for 25 years. I've lived in every single part of that town that this case has found itself in. My mother still lives there and I will tell you, she has no idea this child is missing because the news isn't being heavily covered locally and the amber alert signs on EVERY SINGLE 6 plus lane freeway there haven't even been turned on. That said, I don't think we are the only ones who smell something rotten. This isn't their first rodeo, LE knows....

As someone very familiar with the area, I will add the following notes (since I don't have much else I can say right now on this thread and not violate TOS).

- Sugarland is considered an area where money lives. Upper class residents with upper class security cameras.
- The mall he presumably passed on his way to the hospital has police detail parked there every weekend. Many of them ride around the area since the mall and the parking lots are sooooo huge. ESPECIALLY on a high shopping weekend like the weekend before Mother's Day.
- MOST of this mall is considered an outdoor mall. Meaning, it's not your traditional mall, where you go in and you walk down a huge hallway and you have stores on the inside. It's more of an outlet mall, where the stores all face the street or parking lot. If it was raining, I could see no one being on the walk way. If it wasn't, it would have been very very busy on a weekend. Even if it was raining, any of those stores would have been a good safe refuge for a man with a baby in need of help.
- For you guys looking at the map and not privy to local speak, HWY 59 and HWY 69 are the same thing. When someone says 59 South, they are usually referencing the south side of 59 by Sugarland. When someone says 59 North, they are referencing the north side of 59 by Humble.
- The intersection where the car jacking allegedly took place is not as busy as any of us would like. The HIGHWAY, yes. Greens Rd, not so much. It's a back road I would drive a LOT since I lived in Greenspoint (Greens Rd and 45) and worked in Humble and wasn't about "that toll road life".
- Crime in the area where the car jacking allegedly took place is pretty high.
- Him being at that intersection doesn't make any sense. My route from Sugarland to BUSH would have been (avoiding tolls) 59 South > 610 Loop > 45 > Greens Rd > Left on JFK *OR* 59 South > 610 Loop > 59 North > Exit Will Clayton. It makes NO sense that he was either on Greens Rd that far past the airport. The ONLY way this would make sense is if he did exit 59 North early, because something was indeed wrong with the car he was driving. However, that would put him on the feeder road of 59 and not on desolate Greens Rd. THIS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE to someone who drove this route A LOT.

I hope they find this baby, but my gut isn't hopeful.

Very helpful information, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member